A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 8

Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
grateful rca

in the walmarts here, cindi, they have movie vending machines, renting movies at 1.00 per day. usually located at the front of the store where the soda vending machines are. now do you guys have them in your walmarts. they are called "redbox"
Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

No we do not have those Teke.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

teke, yeah we have those vending machines here too. never used one though. blues, don't know who patty griffin is but I like the lyrics alot! wish it was time to go home but got another hour to go. yuck, hate this stupid job, but at least i did email my resume out to a couple places. thinking about starting my own nonproft - something to help people like us- the families of the addicts - just not sure what would really help - besides money!!! any thoughts?
Jenna
Old 05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

SOrry no ideas. I would love to work from home
Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

ALl my work this wek and the case's trial got stayed 60 days. Im like just great I was done with my part and hoping to have everyone out of the office next week. Oh well, gues that is how it goes.

I need chocolate

Is it Friday yet? Ive had a long week.

BTW, my son is going to look so cute doing his social studies project on King Darius III, last king of the Persian empire.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

i hear ya on the chocolate!!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Okay just jumping in here right now to save my sanity. Thought I had a job which would have given me another 20 hours a week and now I find that that it fell true. I have been living in my own little make-believe world for the last 4 years just hiding from reality because I really am not happy; I hate the town I live in and I am not happy living on my parents land and all the rest of it. I'm just sick of everything. I was badly slandered about four months ago and a whole lot of people still believe the lies that were told about me; I shared in another forum that I had a 'best friend' whom I tried to distance myself from and as 'revenge' she went and underscored the slander about me...sigh. I feel like I am on a pity-pot, just restless, irritable and discontent. I was so happy up until I found out the job fell through and then the bottom just dropped out and I'm in one of those 'I hate everything' kind of moods.

I am still angry and wanting retribution about what was said about me, and for the people involved to apologize and make it right. Of course I know that will not happen. They aren't capable of remorse I don't think. But I am still hurt over it and it just feels so unsettled. Sorry, I'll shut up because there is no resolution to how I am feeling at this moment.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
grateful rca

lanie, i understand your anger, i had a couple of friends do me the same way yrs ago, and i did distanced myself from them for about 3 yrs before they came back around to apologize and i never expected them to do that either. not saying to look for an apology if you don't think that will ever happen, what i'm saying is that that anger can hurt you, it can keep you stuck. maybe it time to realize that you know and god knows whats in your heart and how they have slandered you, and once you do realize that you know that just because they say it, don't mean that it has to be true. maybe it time to ask your hp to help you to forgive them even though they don't ask. i've been set free from a lot of anger by just forgiving. they'll still get their own one day. sometimes anger can give the object of that anger, power over you. i hope this makes sense and i pray that you feel better soon

believe me i know how much it hurts for people who claim to be betrayed by friends, its very painful,
Old 05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Just checking in and out everyone. Spent the evening going over son's project with him and after I get them to bed Im gonna watch a bit of 10 inch antenna only tv and get some shut eye early. Hope everyone had a good one.

Hope buck enjoys his boat ride
Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Guys, I am in a funk and I cant seem to shale it off. I feel down real down nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I dont understand why I feel this way its like I want to hide.

Jewel
Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i finally figured out how to work this thing a little, i think. well just checking in and out again, gotta go to bed a little early tonite. seems like i'm sorta staying up too late
Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Cinder: Jumping in here. What you said about the barometric pressure. Felt pretty good all week then today woke up in a funk. I get sinus headaches alot too. I couldn't understand why I got up feeling kind of down. I felt good all week. Maybe you got something there. Hopefully, either that or I'm out there. LOL
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Teke I knew all the songs u were talking about. did u know that one was alan thicks some u know the one from that one tv show shyte whats it called oh growing pains. His voice irritates me for some reason whats it called facelto or alceto the real high ones like if a man takes a knee to the grown type of sound. But I like his dad lol. I love Beyonce too I like that she keeps her curves about time a woman who love ribs doesnt stop eating to stay thin yum yum.

Anvil tonight was one of those nights to me too. Well I play like I cant play cards but I can I can fugure it out. So I decided to play with scott and his friends tonight I get confused on some things but know when I have a good hand. Not much poker face yeah right!!! SO I played it smooth I had a queen and 2 queens were dealt in the river. OMG how luck kept my player face and scott raised me and I went all in. they we had to show our cards HAHAHAHHAHA I beat yours. But Ididnt act like that. Real cool real smooth. Took in all my earnings. Then Scott said I;m not playing with her I cant do it. No one wanted him to walk away so I did and I won my money back. I guess cant have fun with me. sigh..... All these weeks about leaning how to play meant nothing once I took him down!!! So I cashed in and I won 75 bucks thank u not bad for a beginner that no on had to teach!!! So I now see how this works kims happy scott is not leason learned!!! sigh
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

GRRR its one of those nights cant sleep again, but so tired.

Louise, I did a lot of researcha few years back on migraines and the barametric pressure is a huge trigger. Now a migraine is blood vessells expanding and generally caused by sudden changes in dopomine and seratonin levels (The main depression and moodswing trigger) Also many migraine suffers feel a low point just before a migraine comes on, sometimes 24 hours before. In addition, my antidepression anti anxiety medicine also limits my migraine chances and migraine meds lower my depression. So therefore with barametrric pressure being a main migraine trigger Im positive it effects our moods as well.

Theres definately weather changes and a crazy system on the easter US, so Im sure thats why many of us are in such a funk. Actually here everyone I talked to felt unusually tired today.

To all of us I hope we feel better. Im going to get up and try exercising for 10 minutes, that should raise my adrenaline levels helping as well, everyone who feels down try it, nothing vigorous just some stretching exercises.

Im gonna try to go back to bed otherwise Ill really hate myself in the morning
Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
lanie, i understand your anger, i had a couple of friends do me the same way yrs ago, and i did distanced myself from them for about 3 yrs before they came back around to apologize and i never expected them to do that either. not saying to look for an apology if you don't think that will ever happen, what i'm saying is that that anger can hurt you, it can keep you stuck. maybe it time to realize that you know and god knows whats in your heart and how they have slandered you, and once you do realize that you know that just because they say it, don't mean that it has to be true. maybe it time to ask your hp to help you to forgive them even though they don't ask. i've been set free from a lot of anger by just forgiving. they'll still get their own one day. sometimes anger can give the object of that anger, power over you. i hope this makes sense and i pray that you feel better soon

believe me i know how much it hurts for people who claim to be betrayed by friends, its very painful,
Thanks Teke, you wouldn't believe how helpful it is for me to hear you say that you have been through it. I don't know why but I felt and feel so terribly alone when that happened to me. I started a thread on it when I first started posting here and another woman said she had been betrayed by a friend as well and it just helped me so much. I have beaten up on myself mercilessy just for the fact of having let it happen. I have issues with reading people and trusting way too easily (asperger syndrome) and I have just beaten the living heck out of myself for this. Long story short some correspondence of mine was shared and because of that it turned into a 4 month long drama of insanity that just went on and on and on. I was called names and accused of things I've never been in 38 years. Just hearing other people say it has happed to them helped me so incredibly much so thank you , thank you, thank you. I was in a rotten mood after I found out my job fell through but I am a whole lot better now...I don't know why but it just passed, I feel like a different person than I did earlier. I still have to round me up another job though. But thanks so much for your sharing, just hearing your experience made me feel 'human' again.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Im awake, Im awake.
So glad its Friday
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
grateful rca

lanie, i'm praying that you find an even better job. hoping today is an even better day too.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm awake, but not in a very good mood, i found out where ah works and is now waiting fo office hrs, gotta take care of some important busness. talk to yall in a min
Old 05-11-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
rozied

Good Morning Teke, Hope your business goes well with your husband. Make it the best day you can.
I am going to have my hair cut & colored ( I am a strawbery blonde but cause of the gray want to have it colored )today...it is time I did something for me with my own money.
Love & Hugs,
Diane
Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Cinder: I glad you did the research. If I wake up with a sinus headache, it just won't go away. I felt good all week, I'm trying to walk and get some exercise in, before I have to don a bathing suit, yuck. But yesterday, I didn't feel like doing anything. I think my daughter felt the same way. It's very sticky where I live right now. We'll see what today brings.