A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 8

Old 05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

good morning all...

that salmon sounds good anvil - i love how you explain your food - sort of like nigella (that british chef) - i get a good visualization - my kids love salmon...

cinder - the library has free movies - we go every week - the lil guys had never been to a library before - i told them there town really does have one...

teke - you do so much for so many others it is time to do what you want for you - and not feel guilty about it - my mom would never watch my kids - i mean once or twice a year - but when she WANTED to - certainly not every day - i wouldn't even think to ask her - and don't feel bad - just tell them you want to enjoy the grands when you WANT to enjoy the grands - not resent having to do it everyday - i bet they'll be happy for you - maybe?????

kj - hope your feeling better soon - my knee is messed from skiing - everytime it gets ready to rain or snow i feel it - its sort of cool sometimes to have a built in barometer ...

finally - hope your hair survives - my hair is pretty straight but my stylist turned me on to this stuff that my niece uses all the time now - paul mitchell super skinny serum - if you straighten your hair (my 13 yr old does) it keeps it straight all day with no frizz - works good...

i was on the phone with sister and lil guys dad til 2 in the morning - i've decided that when my heart and head tell me they have a real plan in place i will let them take the kids home - i told them when they do what they say they are going to do (ie; calling the kids everyday, not using drugs, being consistent) for a while and have a real plan for recovery and jobs and what would happen if they used again (who would they call) and for them to REALLY think about whats best for the kids i'll talk to them about picking up kids - we'll see what happens - thanks for all your suggestions guys - i did tell them that i didn't just go through three months of hell, putting my marriage and family on the line, to do what i felt was best for their kids, for them to just walk in and f(*& it all up now - i won't go through this EVER again - but at least i know when i look in the mirror i am true to myself - i have been consistent in trying to do whats best for these kids - we'll get through the junk - just keep the kids best interest at heart - now if i can only get my husband to believe that...

that's another post in itself - in time i will ask you all about that - in time...

for today i am grateful that i am having a good hair day (beautiful day here in the midwest) - that last nite was a good conversation with at least two of the adults in my life - and that life is exactly what it should be right now - thanks for being here in my right now everybody - you mean the world to me...

love,
s
Old 05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

cinder - the library has free movies - we go every week - the lil guys had never been to a library before - i told them there town really does have one...
I owe them money so in my case its not free
Old 05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

cinder - have one of your lil guys get a new card - that's what i do when i owe - just use one of the kids cards - one of the librarians told me taht trick...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Will they do that? SO I can get my oldest a card and then rent movies? If so we are going down Saturday morning
Old 05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

yep - you can do that - i have it on high authority and years of experience - tehre was a reason god gave me my children 4 to 5 years apart...

love,
s
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Movie night? I was tinking movie weekend, non stop movies.
And hey my bed time is between 9 and 9:30 and Im not old.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

cinder, the using the kids library card trick, always worked for me too. and a movie weekend sounds awesome to me too. and guys, I have tried pretty much every hair product on earth (even broke down and bought the real expensive stuff) but my frizz is here to stay, i'm just trying to accept it. if only i could move somewhere with no humidity, then I'd be good. oh anvil, I LOVE that song!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

anvil, will give a whirl, you never know, maybe the frizzys will finally tame down a bit. Its lunchtime here, gotta go, my stomach is rumbling!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Anvil I have that fructis stuff too I use the shampoo it does smell good. It does help some but it still frizzies. Not as much though which is good. Unfortunalty even with it and the HIGH humidity here too I do end up looking like a lion u know with the huge mane. Yep thats me. We went to the zoo once and I wore my hair down and as they day went on it just kept getting bigger and bigger! By the end of the day it barely fit back in the car!!!! Which would explain why in most of my pics my hair is up.

Well just as I expected almost time to get ready for work and the sun is shinning the birds are chirping.

Its- I guess I can look at it like have a built in barometer but still hurts lol. one day I will be old enough to get my knees replaced and until that day I will just have to go along with it. Its hard having chronic pain and also having an addiction. Somedays I really do need my pain pills but I know that will wake up the beast and I dont like to wake it much. Well I have to go iron lunch was great as usual.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

anvil, I love that song. It always picks me up!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I know me too Now its in my head for the rest of the day. "i'm coming out" reminds me of that old navy commercial too. lol
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Our internet went down again for a while. Back for the moment. Here's my favorite song
The Story lyrics

I've been thinking of everything
I used to want to be
I've been thinking of everything
Of me, of you and me

This is the story of my life
These are the lies I have created

I'm in the middle of nothing
And it's where I want to be
I'm at the bottom of everything
And I finally start to leave

I created

And I swear to god
I've found myself
In the end

In the end

Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Just popping in to say hello
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
That's right friends; always blame Canada for your Tornatos and your Storms LOL LOL LOL ...hey what am I laughing about....

That is seriously what the news people said before it was a tropical storm when the wind was so bad the temps dropped from 80 to 60 (in May thats unheard of). Of course at that time it was "the winds are being brought down froma system that had been effecting Canada."
Old 05-10-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Im defiantely feeling down today guys. I went downstairs earlier and there were all these construction workersall over doing remodeling work and working hard my heart sunk. AH used to do that....
Now I dont know what he's doing but Im sure betting its not working or he'd ahve rubbed it in my face by now (and wouldnt be without power.) Im scared what he will look like when I finally do see him. I havent seen him in at least 2 weeks and he was looking thin then (Ive only talked to him once in that time.) This is truly the longest ever and judging by his brothers condition last weekend and how he sounded on the phone, Im sure he doesnt look good.
It even hit me this morning he can get food power back on and rent money (witha statement from me as property owner) from a local church and the Homeless coilition. But I doubt he will
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

My song to AH
You in your shell are you waiting for someone to rescue you from yourself. Don't be disappointed when no

one comes.

Don't blame me you didn't get it [3x]

I already told you, that falling is easy its getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the

problem and if you don't believe that you can find a way out you become the problem, become the problem.

You, all alone, are you waiting for someone to make you whole? Can't you see aren't you tired of this

dysfunctional routine.

I already told you, that falling is easy its getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the

problem and if you believe that you can find a way out you you solve the problem, solve the problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

hey cinder, i love that song. i think of my AH too when i hear it.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well i see that you all are doing just fine, its kind of hard to keep up with all of you, when i have to leave for a min. haven't gone anywhere, having a time trying to download some music. seems like i'm having to find programs that are compatably with this vista, not sure if i like it and i wished i had not did an upgrade on and i don't know how to undo it. seems to be blocking a lot of stuff and i still haven't figured out why or how to fix it.

my cousin keeps calling but i'm just not ready for that so i haven't answered her call yet, i guess when i feel better i will.

i LOVE your avatar cinder, do you guys have that redbox movie vending machine in you all's walmarts

i guess i have a built in barometer too, i thought yesterday it felt like rain was on the way, hadn't got here yet but i can see and feel that it's on its way.

anvil, buck i getting so big, seems like only yesterday that you first got him and he was so tiny then.

hey concerned bigsis, glad you popped in, whats going on with ya?

kj, blues, finallyout, jewelz, and palm, hey, hope you all are having the times of your lives.

well i'm still downloading my music, took me long enough to find some, and i like that song, who was it, diana ross?

i like that song by robin thicke," lost without u", i mean the lyrics don't exactly fit how i feel but i love that man's voice, ever heard him. and i like that beyounce song "irreplacable" and "listen" my ah made me mad one day and all i could do was just start singing "irreplacable". ever heard one of these. now i like the lyrics on these two.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I dont blame me, its just sad. Soo SOO sad.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

do you guys have that redbox movie vending machine in you all's walmarts
Since I have no idea what your talking about, Ill say no.

I always get a migraine starting as the barametric pressure starts to drop, and amazingly my mood will drop too, it changes the dopomine levels in your body somehow