A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 8

Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by finallyout View Post
teke, no definately no phone breaking, god knows I can't afford a new one! quick question, did anyone find moving away from "home" helpful to their addicts recovery? my ah is insisting on moving about 4 hours away from "home" this summer, he thinks it will lessen the temptation for using. Of course, my theory is, if you want bad enuf, you'll find it anywhere. Just curious if moving helped anyone.
Jenna
i agree with you finallyout, i think that geographically relocating don't work for long, an addict can find drugs when he can't find the corner store. didn't you say that you've already tried that? if not then the program teaches that it does not work too. moving would be good if you didn't have to take you with you. i got clean in a drug infested apartment complex, with transactions going on right in open view of my driveway. i think its up to the addict and how determined they are to get clean and sober, the choice is yours to try though. keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

teke, i agree, he can find it anywhere. And, no, HE's never moved, lives in the same town he grew up in, I moved out of state 4months ago when I left him. I think the move helped me distance myself emotionally from him, but its a whole different ball game for him. Oh, I was reading some past posts, and did I read that you raised 7 kids??!! OMG girl, you're my new hero & quite an inspiration. I think four is crazy, can't even imagine 7!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey, it wasn't easy, and i still have 2 to go. thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I know I cant imagine raising one kid let alone 7!!!! HOLY SMOKES! Well I have decided cleaning can wait and I'm going to bingo!! Wish me luck!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh i do wish you luck, i used to go bingo, but i don' have one in my area anymore as i know of, wished i could go sometimes, have fun and i'll say a little prayer that you win. let us know
Old 05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

anvil, thanks, i know in the end it will be up to him to stay clean no matter where he is. I think moving couldn't hurt the situation though. I do hope that he does go, if nothing else, he'll be away from his so-called "best friend" aka the guy who drives me to get drugs. God, I would be soooo glad if he was out of my husband's life!! But, I know, he could always find someone else to do it. Im praying that this time it isn't all bull and he really does get it right.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well my thoughts arent worth a penny right now. Went to pay my car insurance at lunch. Have to pay it monthly, and since I get paid every 2 wks, with the 1st payck of the month. I was 2 days past the due date. They cut me off at midnight the day it was due, so I had to pay xtra $40 to get reinstated. Now talk about kicking someone when they're down, who's already struggling. I asked the lady at the ins place what about the 10 day grace period like in the past. She says hardly any offer that, they cut you off right away. Well I'm gonna be checking around anyhow, cause this isn't fair. Ok thru venting now..... LOL ..... Breathe.. Breathe

Last edited by rayofsunshine; 05-09-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry ray, no that don't seem fair so i hope that you can find a better insurance co, maybe even a better deal with lower premiums. still praying for ya
Old 05-09-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder Teke. Maybe this is God's way of working it out for me to have lower rates and I just needed a nudge to get started checking around. I have been praying about my finances alot lately.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ray, i've been praying about finances for a lot of yrs, and i am learning how to literally do what i can in the day that i'm in with what i have in hand, and let each day take care of its own. one day at a time, i've always had what i needed to get through the day. try to stay in the day the lord will see you through all of them. i'm praying for you too
Old 05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My ins co gives me the grace period and my fiances does not. I will PM u my company. I just found my ins bill and realized I was getting cancelled today but my broker is the best she back dated it. Get in good with your agent it helps.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well I guess I can say it here then I have progressive and I get a very nice grace period. Nationwide doesnt give any grace periods its very tough especially when getting paid every two weeks and it falls in the middle of the 2wks when your broke. I hate getting paid every 2 weeks I cant get used to it and its been years. Hate hate it. I didnt win at bingo either damn gray hairs they always win!!! I was sitting on g49 forever and it was the next # my heart started racing and I thought I won the big pot well someone goes and yells bingo right b4 my # was called I swear it took all I had not to yell and walk out!!! NO more bingo for a bit my heart just cant take it!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
grateful rca

heyyyyyyyyy i used to be one of those grey hairs. lol sorry you didn't win though
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you anvil, we are relying on you too. i was wondering where you all were today, been kind of slow and i've been kind of bored. gotta go find something to cook in a little while, just checking to see how you guys day went.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

ok guys, days almost over, yeah! gotta go home do dinner, dishes, kids homework, etc etc, i'm much too tired but whose gonna do it if don't? anyway, hope everyone had a good day, talk to you tommorrow.
Jenna
Old 05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
grateful rca

have fun with the homework finallyout.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. ANother busy day at work, but Im real good at multi tasking when Im not trying to keep up with you guys. We are gearing up 100% for this trial. Its one of those we dont want to do, we know we are going to lose and get a big verdict against us, but STate Farm wants to take its chance (guess who'll be raising their rates after a 3 million dollar verdict)

On the car insurance subject I have ALlstate. I get a month grace period but then I have to pay 2 payments before the seconds due date.

Im fixing spagetti and hanging with my kids. They canyt play outside, too much smoke. A respirtory warning was issued earlier, and 3 weeks before Hurricane season and we have a tropical storm
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey cinder, i was wondering if you had internet at work and i was wondering how far are you away from all the fires? well i think i've been missing my ah a little today, don't know what i'm missing but it seems to be what it is. don't plan on doing anything about it, don't want to, he's just been on my mind today.

well don't know if it is suppose to rain anytime soon, but my body kind of feels like it.other than work, how did your day go. you sound like it went pretty good.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Wow cind that sounds pretty bad. I want your job I am so nosey like that. Although at my job I pretty much know all the info b4 the news people do but yours sounds much more exciting.

Anvil YEAH on being clean. Yeah big day at the bingo hall imagine that. Both our cars need inspections and both of them failed I just cant win. Just keep my fingers crossed I dont come up on a road block both of them will cost a pretty penny to get fixed. I hate taking my cars to one of those chains though where they work on commission cause they really nit pick the cars just to find something that they can make $ on. I mean really. Today was the first time ever I have seen the person get in the car and take it for a drive b4 the inspection. Which is how the one problem got caught and wanted a few hundred bucks to fix it. I said nope give me back my car. All the time thinking if he never freaking drove it that wouldnt have even been noticed. I am so tired of that no where does it say to drive the car to inspect it pi$$es me off. So I will have to find an old time mechanic shop where they dont work on commission and get the inspection done. I think thats just ridiculous. I went once to get a headlight put in and I was like why is my car on the lift? Oh just trying to bend me over for more $. I went and yelled just fix the freaking headlight JERKS!!! I hate chain mechanice lets just say they ALL start with an M!!! Midas Monroe goodyear they all just bend ya over then say have a good day. Yep they have a smile and u have that boy that didnt feel good look!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Sorry about the stuff with the car KJ. I finally found a really good, small mechanic place I like, and the owners cute and smiles at me alot too. (Hee Hee)

Teke, some of the fires arent far, they are close to where I used to live, like by 5 miles or so and 12 miles from where I am now. Weve just had such awful wind whipping the smoke around, they say some of our smoke is from GA fires and those are 100+ miles away. We are starting to see bits of ashes.

Internet is still down at work. Cable people where there all day trying to get it fixed. Really sucks when youve got trial prep because we do so much by email with our experts these days.

I felt really on top of things all day. I like this me, hard to realize I used to always be like this, Always at my first legal job. Hyper and profiicient is what they used to say. I even managed to run out for my doctors appointment (yearly)and get back without skipping a beat.