A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 8

Old 05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
grateful rca

mil just called to say that she heard from ah, that he called her to tell her that he was leaving work, and that someone stole the phone, yea right!!

she says that shes glad to hear from him but she's kind of angry. it sure would help him if her anger would mean that she's not gonna take care of him when he finally does show up on her door step
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Well who says I need AH for drama. Its been crazy. Just got off the phone with poison control. Lil Man decided to drink a bottle of childrens liquid motrin. They said he should eb fine, may have an upset stomach. not to worry and call him back if he vomits more than once or is lethargic.

Talk bout scared I wasnt going to call them was going to go straight to ER, but called mom and she said call them first. Course my phone battery was dying so we got disconnected 3 times. But now we are all having cookies and milk for dinner
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear that buck is doing much better. Must have been just a little bug or something he ate. Glad he is back to himself and will be back to puppy mode in no time.

Well Scotts not feeling well tonight so I am on my own for dinner. I had filet migion (sp) and corn on the cobb. Not to shabby. I hope everyone has a good night.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Well all is quiet everyones in bed. Cleaned up a bit since getting up to a clean house felt good yesterday. Have to wonder where all the dirt comes from each day I sweep?

I cheated, I skipped the hot bath, just too tired all the thinking today wore me out and tomorrows a big day, as its payday and we need groceries bad, have 100 stops after work tomorrow. Thats okay, it'll make the night interesting.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well, i finally got a little rest, today. daughter called to say that she was bringing the kids over and i flat said that i was not keeping no kids today and guess what? she found another way. so i had the whole day without babies, yeah!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Anvil was there a chance that he got into the bathroom and drank the toilet water? I had a dog do that and got really sick. I didnt realize I hat toilet cleaner stuff in the water you know cleans with every flush type deal. Dont know if u have that but if they drink it it doesn make flem a bit sick. Something ot look into though.

Off to bed have a great day.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm watching my 14 yrs old daughter, and my 16yro son, they both seem to be handling this whole thing ok with their dad, i'm sometimes concerned with my son, he is such an inward person sometimes, he plays playstation all the time closed up in his room, i think its a bit much and i'm not sure if he is doing well but seems to me that it could be that he is sort of addicted to this thing. i don't know whether its the playstation or the fact that he is looking for way to detach. he sometimes seems so much a loner, but when his bro, my stepson comes by and sometimes stay the night, he seems to blossom but then they both just hang on the playstation. the older bro is 24 but spend a lot of time with them both when he's around. don't know if i have something to be concerned about, what do you think.

my daughter stays in her room a lot but she is more open and seems to be really happy at times. my son seems happy at times but also seem distant more so than my daughter. they haven't grown up much around dad, they say that they are used to him not being around, so i'm wondering if i'm being overly concerned or it just me feeling i have to do more to make their lives a little better.

my son don't have a lot of friends in the new neighborhood and don't get to do much of anything other than hang out on that darn playstation. he goes to a different school than the kids in the neighborhood and i'm thinking that maybe if i change his school the next yr that he will be able to meet new friends a little easier. i don't know what to think any more, i'm so concerned about these two. need a little encourgagement or a little direction
Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Teke my little brother is the same way. All about video games for a little while he wouldnt even leave the house just that game. I also have alot of friends who are very content sitting in their room playing video games. My brother has cut the cord a tad with his video games but is still very much into them. I dont know if its something to be concerned about or not cause I see that same thing with my brother. He gets so into it he doesnt even realize I'm in the room. Have u tried playing with him? Might be a time u 2 can talk some.

Rushed my niece to the Dr last night. She has this horrible rash that was rapidly spreading. The Nurse Practitioner came in and was totally stumped I have never seen that. Even called in the Dr to look at it and he was stumped too. I am glad I didnt wait. They were convinced its scarlet fever or Strep throat. My niece was all concerned she was going to die. They are at that stage in social studies where they are reading about scurvey and scarlet fever and such. After convincing her that if they were really concerned they would have her out of school or in the hospital. So this morning I will take a ride over to their house and make sure it looks better. Never seen a Dr stumped either and I have worked with Dr's for a long time. Hopefully the anti biotics kicked in and she feels better today.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Sorry KJ I hope she's feeling better. We get all sorts of rashes associated with viral infections that disappear after 3 days.

Teke, your son is 16 right? I say over all its normal. Id ask him about the school thing and leave it up to him. Otherwise maybe ask the older brother to hang with him like 1 day a week or something. Take him too when you go play pool, if he'll go.

My sister and her boyfriend at 18 play video games 90% of the day. Cody swwears it helps him relax. They ahve 2 tvs in codys room and the 2 play different games sitting back to back.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks you guys, i think that i'm gonna take the playstation out the room for a little while though, i think he needs to rest his brain, and besides you should see his room and my daughter's too. i think it time for me to do some carpet shampooing. maybe i'll start today so if i'm not around, you'll know why.

i don't know why but i wished my ah would at least call. he called his mother so we know he's not dead and he told her that he was at work. i think he was a much better husband and father while he was in prison. at least he thought about the kids, wrote them letters and sent them drawings.

i would tell the older bro to spend sometime with my son away from home, but the problem with that is when he comes, he don't want to go home, and for some reason he still expects for someone to provide for him and thats hard for me to do, he's 24, 250lbs and 6'4. he's seems to have a problem with working.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

good morning all -

it's been a long weekend, lots of kids, flowers and aggravating conversations with lil guys mom and dad aka sister and bf - i don't think they get the part of the conversation where they agree they should do what's right for the kids - i know - god i can only imagine - how much they want to see the kids but it's only been a few weeks for sister not using and her bf is supposedly going to an addictions counselor - i hope to god the counselor can make them see that they need to get a little better themselves before they take lil guys back hom - i just see a tragedy unfolding otherwise - max is up - i'll be right back -

love,
s
Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Well the rash spread overnight so she is here sleeping in my bed while I wait for the Dr to call. I wouldnt be too concerned if it was just a rash but it is one giant continuous rash that is on her stomach and goes up her back up her neck onto her face its extremly warm to touch and she is out of sorts. Thats what is concerning me plus the pediatrition (sp) has never seen anything like this. So I will get a second opinion to be on the safe side. She took a benadryl and is out like a light right now but hopefully is getting good sleep she was up all night. I dont know what else to do. So will leave it up to the professionals.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

good morning everyone, kj, hope your niece is doing better and teke, i agree with cinder, its just the age and seems pretty normal to me. how are his grades in school? i know with my oldest if her grades start slipping something is definately up with her. we just had a meltdown last night about missing homework not being handed in and a D on a quiz and she finally fessed up about being so nervous running for class president (they have to talk on school tv) that she wasn't focused on her school work, i just told if she wants to drop out of the election, she should, her schoolwork is more important. And S, you're right if they take the kids back too soon it will not be good for them, the most important thing is the kids safety and well being. I'm sure they miss them very much but hopefully that will be incentive enough to get their act together. Hope everyone has a great day, i think i'm gonna be stuck in some "motivational speaker" meeting, how fun! NOT!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

itis, if they are only thinking of themselves and not regularly visiting the kids and showing a difference, then there still trapped in the selfishness of it all. Explain to them kids need stability and consistency. They should start with regular visits and doing things with them
Old 05-15-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
grateful rca

itis, i agree with the others, i think its a little too soon to tell too. they need stability.

kj, sorry about your neice i hope she feels better soon, i agree on the second opinion

anvil, sounds like buck is back to normal, huh
Old 05-15-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Guys I have to get work done today. I just have to. Then after work its grocery shopping (2 stores for best deals), library to drop off movies, ect. Take Vaccuum to dealer for tune up, pick up scripts, ect Goodness Im tired just thinking about it.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

ok back -

is it wrong for me to make them show me they've grown up a little bit? - i don't think i'm playing god or anything - i only asked them to do what they say they would do - call the lil guys everyday - let me know what theyir plans are - they claim they can't call me - i intimidate them and they don't want me to *put them in a bad mood* - i have a feeling they can put themselves in a doozy of a bad mood remembering they spent three months and $75,000 (they have nothing left of his whole settlement) using drugs and living in hotels - they claim i don't understand addiction and should be encouraging - i feel like i'm being encouraging (as encouraging as i can be) but that if they can't follow through on simple plans they haven't changed much - they might not be using but they haven't changed - i just feel like these last three months i've tried to be consistant in doing what is really best for the kids - have i been selfish? my mom freaks me out - sometimes i think she thinks i'm doing this to get points to get into heaven or something - she thinks because this is hard on my family that we shouldn't do it - i asked my to just not talk too me about my sister - that i have a life outside of my ssiter and things aren't really as bad as my mom thinks they are - the kids are doing good - she just goes between wanting sister to have kids again and then if she uses she hates her - its just frustrating...

teke, kj, anyone else recovering, how likely do you think it is that sister and bf (who i swear doesn't think he has a problem - he claims he won't let sister use and sister will kill herself if she uses again because they miss their kids so much - doesn't sound to hopeful does it?) will use again? i know i can't answer that question but i think they should have a plan for what they will do with these two lil guys if they do - otherwise lil guys will have to go through things they've gone through allready and i just don't think that is fair...

am i being unreasonable? - you can be honest...

and teke, my son just turned 18 - we moved when he was 16 - same school but totally different neighborhood - we needed a bigger house and he thought we wanted to move away from a friend of his - he went through some stuff - had a dui - went to a party and told his probation officer - his actions are what initally led me to sr (thank god) he went through an intensive outpatient program as did we as a family - it was a blessing - but he played his xbox 360 for months without going out much - he was never mr. popularity but he went out with friends most weekends - i think he was scared to death of using - alcohol or marijuana - he saw what it did to others and was in that intensive outpatient program and was scared of what he might do - maybe your son just sees his friends or peers, smoking pot, etc and doesn't want to go there - maybe that playstation is a godsend - or he's a video game addict - you'll figure it out - as for your daughter (mine is 13) she has a lot to do - 3 or 4 really good friends who like to shop - she babysits - she even makes reservations to go out to dinner - my 18 yr old never did anything like that - never - she's become really sweet to me of late - once i started asking people for help (instead of running around l ike a chicken with my head cut offf assuming someone would rush right in to help with whatever was overwhelming me) my daughter takes the kids to the park, stacks the dishwasher - just does really nice things to help me out - a year ago i asked her to vacuum and she told me she *WAS NOT CINDERELLA* - sorry cinder - when we start to make positive changes in ourselves the rest of the stuff falls into place (hope that makes sense...

and cinder and teke - i get so frustrated when my sister and her bf don't call - i can't imagine when it's your husband - that would infuriate me - i'd like to say i'd get over it but it would **** me off like nothing else...

you're strong women - i admire you...

got to get the phone..

love,
s
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

it is, do they have a stable home for the kids? If not its not even a consideration.

The state has a 6 month plan where they have to pay support regularly scheduled visits ect. and stable home situation and jobs, proof of jobs. They have a year to complete the plan that can be done in 6 months. After a year, the state can make a determination to permantly take the kids

Your not being selfish your thinking of the kids well being
Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well i do understand what your sis is saying about the kids, when i had to go through all of that, i really didn't want to live either, without my kids, it was only a short time that i had to but the wanting and waiting almost drove me insane. i remember one night i went walking and in my mind, i wanted to get snatched off the street cause i thought that unless i could stay high, i didn't want to live. the pain was too great.

i do understand how you feel and i think that you are doing a good job and that the kids do need stability, but it was the losing my kids part, that was my bottom. i got determined not to allow the state to catch me off guard with my kids being with me. the thought of losing my kids or having them become wards of the state is what did it for me and has kept me doing whatever i had to do to stay sober. now that was me, and every addict parent is not the same. i think the choice is still yours, and do agree but i also was where you say that your sis is about her kids.

as bad as it seems, if you do decide to let them go, try to make sure that the kids have a way of contacting someone if they ever need someone again.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

itis, i agree with everyone else, you are definatley not being unreasonable you are protecting the kids. It does like they are being selfish which is not a good sign, whether or not the are using or will use again, who knows. If they were really serious about getting the kids, i think that they'd do whatever was necessary. doesn't sound like they are though. you're definately doing the right thing, stay strong!