View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
lanie67

Originally Posted by teke View Post
lanie, i understand your anger, i had a couple of friends do me the same way yrs ago, and i did distanced myself from them for about 3 yrs before they came back around to apologize and i never expected them to do that either. not saying to look for an apology if you don't think that will ever happen, what i'm saying is that that anger can hurt you, it can keep you stuck. maybe it time to realize that you know and god knows whats in your heart and how they have slandered you, and once you do realize that you know that just because they say it, don't mean that it has to be true. maybe it time to ask your hp to help you to forgive them even though they don't ask. i've been set free from a lot of anger by just forgiving. they'll still get their own one day. sometimes anger can give the object of that anger, power over you. i hope this makes sense and i pray that you feel better soon

believe me i know how much it hurts for people who claim to be betrayed by friends, its very painful,
Thanks Teke, you wouldn't believe how helpful it is for me to hear you say that you have been through it. I don't know why but I felt and feel so terribly alone when that happened to me. I started a thread on it when I first started posting here and another woman said she had been betrayed by a friend as well and it just helped me so much. I have beaten up on myself mercilessy just for the fact of having let it happen. I have issues with reading people and trusting way too easily (asperger syndrome) and I have just beaten the living heck out of myself for this. Long story short some correspondence of mine was shared and because of that it turned into a 4 month long drama of insanity that just went on and on and on. I was called names and accused of things I've never been in 38 years. Just hearing other people say it has happed to them helped me so incredibly much so thank you , thank you, thank you. I was in a rotten mood after I found out my job fell through but I am a whole lot better now...I don't know why but it just passed, I feel like a different person than I did earlier. I still have to round me up another job though. But thanks so much for your sharing, just hearing your experience made me feel 'human' again.