Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 48

Old 09-25-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

BF, I heartily endorse a day off Sunday :-). You deserve it!

All, try not to worry about the symptoms of early sobriety (but see your dr if you are really concerned)! Eating a healthy diet, exercise and avoiding isolating are all important. For the first 6 months, AA meetings made up most of my socialization.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey walkingwithgod, Congrats on the 912d! I remembering chatting with you frequently back in the early days. Glad things are going well for you.... running a marathon is awesome! I have been wanting to exercise/run more but keep putting it off. You might just be the inspiration I need!

I am at 1151 days sober today... almost 3 years 2 months. Things are going well for me too... loving life not chained to a bottle. I owe much of my sobriety to SR, especially in the difficult early days when going only one, two, three days was a victory.

Greetings to all my friends here at SR. Have a great day!

Johnny
Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Johnny - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 09-25-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Johnny, congrats on your sober time!
Old 09-26-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Johnny, living proof that we can all do what we aim for if we focus on it and have the necessary support.

Keep on keeping on Undies.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning, fellow Undies!

It's a sunny, crisp and clear morning here on the banks of the River Mersey, and for the first time in a few days I've got a lightness in my mind and a spring in my step.

With the mini - milestone of 7 days surpassed, I'm starting to feel like my good ol' sober self. For those that don't know me, I have a 4 month old daughter, who is a huge part of my fight for sobriety, and seeing her beaming face at half 5 this morning was all I needed to spur me on to fight the good fight.

Off to work now, and any attempts to persuade me to drink after closing time will be swiftly rebuked. Not today. Not again.

Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday, wherever you call home :-)
Old 09-26-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey unders! Got my pjs on soon as I got home yesterday. Got some food and curled up in a warm blanket and read SR. Got a good nights sleep turning in early. I feel so much better this morning. Scares me when I feel like I did yesterday. Means I'm not at my best and the beast has a chance to get me. I talk big but I am human! Everyone is capable of a relapse and it would break me!
Anyway I hope all of you are staying strong. I am not ashamed of who I am. I am a work in progress. I just need a little guidance and time. I'll get it right! Just wired a little different is all!
Have a great Saturday! For those struggling hang in there. Life does go on and you won't believe it but it does get better! Do the work it'll pay you back!
((Hug))!!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good Morning. I made it through my days off and this makes two weeks sober now. I feel good this morning and my head is much clearer. I am going to the gym this morning and then to work. Have a good weekend everyone!.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Congrats on your sober time Johnny.

Welcome cbf.

KeyofC - I practice my recovery every day, and have developed the tools and to stay sober on bad days.

For example, Im struggling a bit today over some physical limitations from my arthritis. Im only 40 and previously healthy, and trying to adjust to traveling pain that comes and goes. My instinct when this happens is to isolate. Recovery has taught me that's not the right thing to do - for me or the people in my life. Nor is it what a HP would think was the best use of the day it's given me. I'm going to practice continuing to put myself out and about in the world around me today. Because I've been mindful of how I do that when I'm feeling well, it's a bit simpler to practice when I'm struggling.

Off to do some gentle yoga for my workout. As an all or nothing alcoholic, doing gentle yoga always seemed like a waste of time. I wanted to get maximum calorie burn when I worked out. In recovery I realized I needed to change many of my addictive behaviors and thought patterns. This one stuck with me for many many months. I've seen some evidence that changing this will help but I'm still struggling with it a bit. That's why it's progress not perfection.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((glee)))

d
Old 09-26-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Wayward! I applaud you for going to the gym! I need to start a steady work out routine...I used to walk 4 miles and do and hour of tae-bo every day. When I quit singing I quit working out. It makes you feel like you have accomplished something. I may start working out again and maybe a little songbird can be released in our house again...maybe I say!
I sure did feel on top of the world then, but I am learning it may have been a false representation of myself at that time being in full blown addiction! As a performer you are taught you must fit the bill and it is known you must be vain! People have no problem telling you you've gained weight, they don't like you hair, they don't like your outfit, etc (Oh you're an alcoholic and your life is in shambles...we don't care! Pull youself together and get on that stage...by the way here's a drink/pill to calm your nerves! Sheesh!). I never understood what they thought gave them such entitlement (the fans)...and I even had three stalkers during my career (people are sick/strange!)!
Glee!! ((Hug!!)) You know I practice every day too..for some reason my get up and go just wouldn't even get the heck up yesterday. I toughed thru it practicing my recovery all day and that means being positive when you don't feel like it (but it helps). Customer service makes me sometimes wanna turn into a serial killer (not really couldn't think of another description lol) Those are the tough days. I am still blessed beyond measure and I am thankful for each and every day. Today I feel better! It's all good!! Positivity is oozing out today!! Lol
Your words inspire me to keep on going! Giving up just isn't in me I don't guess..AND you work out too! Man! I gotta think this thru!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

KeyofC - I know you practice your recovery every day. I see it in your posts.

Dee - Thank you.

Yoga was nice, but not the quick fix I was hoping for. Yup, I wanted to do an hour of yoga and instantaneously be pain free, down a few sizes, and look 10 years younger. Lol -- there's still a lot of alcoholic qualities in me. I'm grateful to recognize it when I see it, and to have today to keep working on it.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just checkin in before I head off to womp.
Hope everyone has a nice day
Old 09-26-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Im with ya Glee! I wish we could exercise or diet one day and miraculously loose weight or tone! That would be awesome! Lol
Hey BF! Have a good day yourself!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Www, congrats on two weeks!

Key, I think we are always a work in progress until we draw our last breath - of necessity because being human means being imperfect.

(((Glee))), pain is no fun and autoimmune diseases are a drag - I've had multiple. Somehow they all seemed to go at least partly into remission with time so I've learned to mostly go with the flow. The more I socialize and stay active, the less that stuff bothers me. Not perfect, though! I have learned not to let that define my self worth.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yes Wayward! I meant to congrat you too! Woohoo! Saskia helped me remember..
Old 09-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Congrats to all for another day sober!
I am still around reading about everyone's life but not every day, almost every second, like I was at first. Still sober and coming up on 90 days soon. For some reason alcoholism has taken a back seat to my new disease. I know I still have to be hyper-vigilant but there just is no desire in me to have a drink. My only focus is to have more energy and feel better right now. I am still thinking about everyone and you are with me, even if I am not on here all of the time.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Had a bad night. Found out my store is staying open but was kind of shocked that they are closing 100 more stores. That's 127 in total. 27 was the initial list, we we're led to believe it'd be about 60 more and none in our state or Washington. They're closing a bunch in WA and Oregon, and all the California, Nevada, Arizona stores. One is a Safeway in Springfield (Springtucky) which was a surprise to no one really but still --hitting close. Found out I was closing 3 nights this week and had split days off on the schedule. 2 of the guys I work with tried to calm me down right when I walked in and saw it by giving me his opening shift and the other offering to work one of my closing shifts, so that was nice. I know my mgr. has to write the schedule 2 weeks in advanced and we didn't know what one of our guys would be able to work because he hadn't registered for college yet but- I was still shocked that he would do that to me. It just made me morose that I didn't go out and apply to places before an entire other store closed in our area--that's a lot of people to compete with. It made it worse to see a job come up in my email (glass door) that I would love to take but I'm just not prepared to apply. I had already resigned myself to not looking until the spring but I guess I'm regretting that decision. I also need to stay at my store until my son can get his wisdom teeth pulled in January though and that's a huge priority--because of my alcoholism I neglected taking my son in. He's 24 but high functioning autistic. I've had horrible sugar cravings this week--the only thing that made me stop cramming any available sugary item down my throat was googling sugar cravings and finding some posts on the sober recovery board. My anxiety was building last night and I managed to calm myself down a little and fell asleep out of pure exhaustion, kept waking up then finally got up about 3 am and was on the internet until 6 or so. Did find an email from my diary.com (which I get very rarely) so made a horrifying long, raw ugly entry. Don't know if it helped or not but I might try more regular entries as they say the health benefits are mostly if you write daily. Am feeling very dizzy and woozy today and need to go work out for muscle building but think it's a bad idea. I did manage 2 strength training sessions this week and have had plenty of cardio. I might make this a movie day instead. I have a veritable mountain of laundry to do as well...Did manage to do a drop in yoga session this week which probably saved me from complete meltdown as other areas in my life are not improving in the 4 months I've been sober-but I don't need bore anyone with that BS. I am hanging in there-- felt ultra guilty about taking a dose of rescue remedy last night that is 27% alcohol, but the dosage is just a tiny dropper full under the tongue. I also have a little old girl cat who is of an unknown age but at least 15 (probably more) who is having kidney failure--it is heartbreaking, she is a dear thing. She's always been one that's 'mine', I rescued her from being euthanized - she was taken from a hoarder who kept 27 cats stacked up in carriers in the van he lived in with a woman, 2 dogs and some ferrets. The back of the van was a mountain of feces.The cats all came from 2 cats he was allowed to keep after being busted before and most had deformities. I begged to take her--only 4 weren't euthanized. She's and odd little thing but has been pretty healthy--thin, tiny, and her claws will grow into her paws if you don't trim them but ok. It's kind of come as a shock because she's spent most of her summer out in our catfenced back yard so we didn't know anything was going on until she peed on our bed several times. She probably doesn't have long but I'll do my best to take care of her until it's time. She likes the special kidney support food so that's good and I made her her own spot in the laundry room so she's stress free and she loves it-there's classical music, a feliway plug in and the whole bottom shelf of a bookshelf with blankets for her to sleep. Husband and I have been at each other because of her of course--we're both upset and are arguing over care. He'll come around though, I know what's best for her. Sorry for the rambling thanks for your time if you did read--better get off now...Susan
Old 09-26-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a lot to deal with SF - but please know that this is a safe place to vent and to receive support.

I hope the week gets better
D
Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sounds like a lot to deal with SF - but please know that this is a safe place to vent and to receive support.

I hope the week gets better
D
Yeah, I just decided to put the brakes on today and have stayed in bed. I watched an HBO documentary Addicted and that was pretty good. Then I watched that Reese Witherspoon movie where she hiked the Pacific Rim Trail and that was good. This thing with my girl Dorothy--I'm a seasoned cat rescuer, have a long history with volunteering and seeing some really bad things, I've lost a lot of cats throughout the years--it's an inevitable bad part of being a rescuer, I'm pretty tough but Dorothy is special. She was one of the worst off I got and she was always just an amicable, sweet pretty little calico. She's had a good life but we lost her buddy last year and she just hasn't been the same since. He was also just very old-he had a heart murmur and went into kidney failure. He hung on so long I think he just didn't want to leave her alone...no one else 'adopted' her like he did, I think he understood she just wasn't quite right. So I know whatever happens they will be together again, probably sooner than later.