Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 48

Old 09-26-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think there's a special place in heaven for people who rescue animals Susan, so maybe Dorothy is not the only special one here

D
Old 09-26-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

WWS - Congrats on 2 weeks. I hope you had a nice workout.

BozeFree - I hope you're taking good care of yourself.

Angd - It's excellent that you're not craving alcohol, but I'm sorry you're struggling with your health. Is it your stomach? I hope you feel some relief soon.

Saskia - Thank you so much for the encouragement. I actually thought of it tonight when I was negatively comparing my sensible sneakers to some random stranger's cute shoes. Instead of feeling bad, I felt proud for being out and about living my life (in supportive footwear), rather than home, alone, isolating.

BlueFairy - You sure have a lot going on! I'm glad you came here to share what you're going through. I can relate to how overwhelming life can feel in early sobriety.

When I stopped drinking, my job wasn't super secure. My oldest, who's 11, is diagnosed with high functioning autism/adhd. I was too exhausted and unmotivated to do much behind the bare minimum at home. Youth sports politics were crazy making and adversely affecting my husband's reputation. Plus my husband drinks. And I had one friend in particular who was pushing me to pay extra attention to her. I felt like I was going to snap.

My Sponsor says the Third Step prayer when she feels overwhelmed by life. I'm not religious and don't have a very well defined Higher Power, but I find it helps me organize my thoughts, define my direction, and turn my ideas into action, especially the bolded line. I hope it helps you too:

God I offer myself to Thee -
To build with me and do as Thou will.
Relieve me if the bondage of self,
That I may better do Thy will.

Take away my difficulties,
That victory over them may bear witness
To those I would help of Thy power,
Thy love, and Thou way of life.

Personally I like the Thou's and Thee's because o grew up in Catholic school, but feel free to change them to you and God to an HP of your choosing.

Hang in there BlueFairy!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Thanks--I am a rock-- I am an Island--I never cry but I've been in tears all day. She's doing ok for now. this is her....
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-26-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

She sure is a beautiful girl, Susan

D
Old 09-26-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Angd - It's excellent that you're not craving alcohol, but I'm sorry you're struggling with your health. Is it your stomach? I hope you feel some relief soon.
I had some real trouble with my stomach when i quit. Just eating lots of fiber cured everthing.

Saskia - Thank you so much for the encouragement. I actually thought of it tonight when I was negatively comparing my sensible sneakers to some random stranger's cute shoes. Instead of feeling bad, I felt proud for being out and about living my life (in supportive footwear), rather than home, alone, isolating.
This made me smile. I'm definitely all about comfortable shoes--I found some really cute gold sandals at St. Vin's and wore them to a concert lately and suffered terribly lol. And they were sandals--thought I was safe. Needless to say they ended up in the Goodwill pile.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement everybody! Walking and going to the gym are the two good things I've done for myself even when I did relapse. It is a good habit I hope I'll never break. Today is my off day. I feel very good this morning.

Ramble on BlueFairy!
Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Blue, no apologies allowed here :-). Early sobriety can be very challenging not only in dealing with cravings but also and especially in getting our lives back on track. That's the real work. Your Dorothy reminds me of my very special rescued kitty. She is 16 years old and doing amazingly well. She was rescued at a year old, weighed under 5 lbs and had no fur when I adopted her. She is still small - 7 lbs, but has gorgeous very long fur. She is very special! Please take good care of yourself. Health issues are no fun but I think we do better sober in any case.

Glee, what you quoted reminds me of my frequent need to remind myself to relax into things instead of holding on to things tightly. What's that AA saying - "Let go and let God". I'm referring to HP rather than a religious figure and mostly think of it as simply relaxing and letting go. Now that I'm "all grown up", lol, I'm letting go of so many things, especially comparisons with others. It's a huge relief and feels delightful.

WWS, good habits - keep it up!

Hi to all :-)
Old 09-27-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Blue I agree with Dee! She is a beauty! I've had cats all my life. I had to get rid of my last two and I miss them like crazy . Thought I was getting a divorce and my apt ppl didn't allow pets. We have a dog big dog but it's not like a cat. They're so loving and sweet. Gentle and know when you need some attention.
Looks like most are doing well. We expect some struggle. Those that are having a hard time ((Hug)) and hang in there!
Happy Sunday! High five!! Peeps
Old 09-27-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Blue hope today is better for you. Cute pic of your cat!

Quite around here today! I've been relaxing and doing laundry before I return to womp tomorrow.

Tonight my friend and I are gonna go check out the lunar eclipse thing at this high stop over looking the coast.

Tomorrow I'm going to tell a girl that she's hired and hopefully she will be excited and then next week I can return to my Sunday Monday routine of being wompfree.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Blue - Your cat is a cutie. How did today go?

WWS - I read somewhere, don't remember where, that it's a good idea to write down the healthy things you do for yourself so at the end of the day you can be grateful for the healthy choices you made, and use that as encouragement to continue making good choices.

KoC - Sending a great big Sunday funday high five to you too!

BoozeFree - Enjoy your moon gazing. I hope your new hire works out, too.

Keep on keeping on Undies. When you stay pointed in the direction of recovery, life has a way of transforming itself.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Thanks Glee! Back atcha!
Hope everyone has had a good day. I cleaned out my shed, picked up stuff in the yard that belongs in the shed, put stuff away off the carport, getting ready for colder weather. We are winterizing the pool. All the stuff you do to prepare for (gasp) winter! It'll be here before we know it! Chow til morning!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

KoC - Great job today. To build on what I said in my previous post, when you stay pointed in the direction of organization, the house and yard have a way of cleaning up!

Silliness aside, it took me months and months to find the motivation to stick to an activity. Alcohol is a depressant and in sobriety I felt a depression unlike anything I've ever experienced. Plus I was sick with an autoimmune condition and didn't realize it.

Still ... I made it through. There were days where the only thing I did right was not drink - and that is enough. Even if all you do today is stay sober, you're doing the right thing. I would encourage anyone out there who's struggling in their first year to keep pointed in the direction of recovery.

And for those of you who have motivation and energy to spare now that you're sober, keep pointed in the direction of recovery.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Not sure if this worked, but attached maybe a pic of the moon eclipse at its very start for those who can not see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Moon1.jpg (4.9 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by DrakeCKC; 09-27-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: It worked!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I just finished watching the eclipse :-)
Old 09-28-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Glee I think I stay busy to avoid depression. I'm lucky (I guess) that I do t have the AV bothering me much. Depression is my demon. If I can stay away from that then the AV stays quiet. Sometimes I wish I could just sit the heck down and rest. I am thankful things are better and material things are finally getting organized. Maybe trying to match the outside to how the inside feels..things falling in place. What you said makes sense.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Good morning. I didn't know about the lunar eclipse, but I did see a partial eclipse and then found out later what it was.

I made it through another weekend at work. The boss tried to give me a pep talk to keep me working weekends but I stayed firm. He said he will working on more rotating shifts but it would take some time. So no real progress there. I'm going to stick with it for now, but I don't know for how long .

Still sober here. Going for a walk this morning.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Got to see the blood moon here in California. Very cool. It looked like Mars had gotten lost.

Monday morning coffee before work. I have no idea how I got through this day of the week in my drinking days. Mondays are hard enough.
Sober Mondays- much more manageable.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Drake how have you been?

Gnick I have know idea how I made it thru Monday's either! Also enjoying a coffee before womp.

Well another womp day. Going to tell one girl that she has the job who is coming by this morning and then the training will begin. Luckily I'm womping way earlier then normal so I get to be done at 3! And tomorrow womp free.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Happy wimp-free Tuesday, BF :-)
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Oops, BF, my fruity tablet changed "womp" to "wimp" 😱