View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sounds like a lot to deal with SF - but please know that this is a safe place to vent and to receive support.

I hope the week gets better
D
Yeah, I just decided to put the brakes on today and have stayed in bed. I watched an HBO documentary Addicted and that was pretty good. Then I watched that Reese Witherspoon movie where she hiked the Pacific Rim Trail and that was good. This thing with my girl Dorothy--I'm a seasoned cat rescuer, have a long history with volunteering and seeing some really bad things, I've lost a lot of cats throughout the years--it's an inevitable bad part of being a rescuer, I'm pretty tough but Dorothy is special. She was one of the worst off I got and she was always just an amicable, sweet pretty little calico. She's had a good life but we lost her buddy last year and she just hasn't been the same since. He was also just very old-he had a heart murmur and went into kidney failure. He hung on so long I think he just didn't want to leave her alone...no one else 'adopted' her like he did, I think he understood she just wasn't quite right. So I know whatever happens they will be together again, probably sooner than later.