View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

Congrats on your sober time Johnny.

Welcome cbf.

KeyofC - I practice my recovery every day, and have developed the tools and to stay sober on bad days.

For example, Im struggling a bit today over some physical limitations from my arthritis. Im only 40 and previously healthy, and trying to adjust to traveling pain that comes and goes. My instinct when this happens is to isolate. Recovery has taught me that's not the right thing to do - for me or the people in my life. Nor is it what a HP would think was the best use of the day it's given me. I'm going to practice continuing to put myself out and about in the world around me today. Because I've been mindful of how I do that when I'm feeling well, it's a bit simpler to practice when I'm struggling.

Off to do some gentle yoga for my workout. As an all or nothing alcoholic, doing gentle yoga always seemed like a waste of time. I wanted to get maximum calorie burn when I worked out. In recovery I realized I needed to change many of my addictive behaviors and thought patterns. This one stuck with me for many many months. I've seen some evidence that changing this will help but I'm still struggling with it a bit. That's why it's progress not perfection.