Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 48

Old 10-08-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just checkin in.
My one friend I hang out with all the time just admitted to me last night about keeping a big secret from me. And she happened to be the only person left that I trusted. Totally messed with my head and I didn't sleep at all last night. And def doesn't help with my already major trust issues. I'm hoping I can get past it bc we have a lot of fun hanging out but not sure at the moment
Old 10-08-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Yeah...that's tough.
At the end of the day, she told you something that's been eating at her. Not sure how it came out...maybe you stumbled on it. If she's anything like you said, it probably went against her grain to hide it and it was troubling her.

And you know what, there's not a single person on God's Earth that knows EVERYTHING about me. There's a few, who if I put in one room, could piece it all together.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I take that back. Nobody body knows, for example, that I broke into my brothers house to steel pain pills. Now you guys know, but you don't know me either.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Incontrol thanks. That's a good point of view.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

BF, sorry about what happened with your friend. I like IC's thinking on it.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

"YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH"!!!..

That's what my head screams when I think of one single person knowing everything there is to know about me....yikes no no no
Old 10-08-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like ICs POV too BF.

D
Old 10-08-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waywardson8260 View Post
gleefan, could joy be something that happens from inside when you can finally stop chasing it?
WWS - I think so!

Fradley - Sometimes the smallest act leads to the biggest changes. I'm glad your AA meeting went well and that you have the support of your wife. When I told my husband I was going to attend AA, I may as well have said I was abducted by Martians. However telling him I am an alcoholic who is going to AA was a major turning point in my recovery. It took away the option to go back out.

BoozeFree - People sometimes share things to free their conscience, without understanding the full ramification of their confessions. Unless your friend told you something that you find morally appalling, do you think you can let it go and enjoy your friendship? Some day you may need the same forgiveness.

Inc - I think coming to terms with my addiction opens the way to sharing the grislier parts of myself with others. I don't feel the need to ignore boundaries, but I don't feel bound by secrets either.

Carlos - Fore!

Hi Toots and Saskia!

Today I think I offended someone at work with my lousy attempt at a joke. In the past I would have dwelled on this. I would have brought in some allies for reassurance that my comment wasn't that bad, or that the other person's behavior called for it. Or I may have begged forgiveness. Whatever I chose it would have left me feeling uncomfortable, exposed, and shameful. I would have turned a tiny breeze into a whirling swirling storm with a life of its own.

Today, however, thanks to the principles I've learned in recovery, I forgave myself, stayed out of the other person's way for a little while, and gave it time to blow over. Ill go to sleep with a clear conscience, all from the simple act of not taking a drink.

Be good Undies!!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

GF sounds like you handled the situation well at womp.

Womp was less than ideal today. I couldn't wait to clock out and head home. Things just weren't going smoothly at all and I was being pulled in a million different directions it felt like. As soon as I started one project I would get pulled away to help with another. I realize that not every day will be great and just accepted it for what it was and glad tomorrow is a new day.

I had some cravings to drink do to the drama with my friend. Trying to just watch some tv as a distraction as I think some of the cravings is due to feeling so tired all the time lately.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight.

It's supposed to be in the 90s this weekend, yuck! I don't remember my little beach town being this hot in Oct the past years. I'm so ready for some cooler weather.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey unders!
((Glee))! Love your posts so much! Full of kindness and great thoughts..makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Please say a little prayer for me. I have a wedding rehearsal dinner tonight and a big wedding tomorrow. Although I'm confident in myself I am young in my sobriety. This family is full of heavy drinkers and people who are my worst trigger types. Good thing is my husband believes in me more than I do myself sometimes. I'm doing great but still young in my recovery work and I just want to get through unscathed! Thanks guys!
I'll catch up on the reading when I get to work!
Have a good Friday everyone ((hug))!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Koc - You've got this! I think your awareness will set you up for success. You're going in recognizing that you're surrounded by triggers. You've set your intention to stay sober. You've asked your husband for support. You've done the right things so far. Now, Keep doing the next right things.

BF - Sorry work is so stressful. I have a busy job too. A lesson I've learned in recovery is that it's super important for me to take care of myself. In active addiction I used to pride myself on my ability to burn the candle at both ends - but all that got me was drunk!! Sometimes something as going to bed an hour earlier, or reaching for water instead of an extra cup of coffee, or a healthy snack instead of junk food, helps me stay focused under stress.

Speaking of self care, time for me to get in some pre work yoga.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Key, sending prayers; you can do this. Pre planning an event like that helps a good deal.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have confidence in you as well Key

Time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-49-a.html

D