Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 48

Old 09-23-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 19 months, gleefan, and thanks for all you share here. There's a sense of peace and serenity in your posts that I would like to have in my own life.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Glee! You go! 19 months woohoo!! So happy for you and you are an inspiration to me! ((Hug!!))
Old 09-23-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Glee - great achievement

Congrats again WWG

D
Old 09-23-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

Casey - If serenity is what you aspire to, then "don't quit before the miracle happens"; I say that to you as one AA to another.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Glee, awesome work!

Casey, I believe you will get there. You are working it :-)
Old 09-23-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Glee congrats on 19 months! That's awesome!

Yesterday was a long day. I didn't get home till about 9 last night. I'm trying to be very careful and aware of my stress so that it doesn't lead to drinking. Between work and now this family stress it's wearing me out.
I'm very grateful for all of you in the undies and SR as a place I feel safe and inspired by others.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Casey you are doing great! Keep on friend!
Morning everyone! Day 66! I am so full of life right now! I am in awe of the work the HP is helping me with. Opening my eyes to so many things I've been doing wrong and how to do them right. Letting me see the possibility of real happiness and peace (that I talk about all the time and wish everyone the same all the time). I wake up excited every day. Everything is so new and different. It's such a blessing. Even the bad times are better sober. This is what I've needed my whole life. To know I am loved and have self worth and I love myself! Hope everyone is doing well. To those having a hard time or feeling depressed or wondering if this journey is worth it I urge you to keep going! One day things will click and understanding acceptance and self worth will come to you!
((Hug))!! To all of you! Make it a great day Unders!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Key, so happy you are discovering the many benefits of an alcohol-free life :-)

BF, sending positive thoughts your way. Crises, work, family or otherwise, can be very draining and can impact sobriety. When I hit a rough patch, I try to remind myself frequently that drinking would only make it worse. (((Hugs)))!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good morning. I have today and tomorrow off so these are the days I have to be careful. I will do my best to deal with any cravings with the strategies I have read about. I feel good I'll be OK. No progress with the work situation though. I will have the make the decision If I want to stay there next week.

Hi walkingwithgod- your post is inspirational! Thanks.

Congrats on 19 months gleefan!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.

Just checkin in before womp. Already looking forward to being done with womp and in bed cuddling with my dog haha.
I am interviewing one girl and have 2 others this week I'm having come in for working interviews. Hopefully one of them works out so I can go back to being womp free Monday's
Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

BF, I hope one of them works out!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hello all and best wishes from Africa.

Just checking in to stay accountable and say thanks to everyone who has posted. I have managed to check in but not post every day.

Except yesterday. I woke up today realsung that I had not thought about alcohol at all during the previous day. And also, neither had I checked in with SR.

Although on the face of it this is a 'good thing', it makes me nervous. I have a feeling I am being led into a state of complacency, which could leave me vulnerable to some unexpected trigger.

I would be interested in the views of you undies with longer periods of sobriety under your belt. I am on day 110 , so that's 15 weeks.

Two other things worth noting:

1. I am starting to realize the enormity of this undertaking. I'm truly happy to keep walking this sober path with all the rewards it will surely bring - but I'm sort of open jawed with trepidation when I consider the equally certain terrible consequences wee I ever to pick up again. It's like walking safely a few yards away from a cliff edge with a string blustery wind blowing me towards the drop. Safe, but not secure.

2: I am tired. As in dog tired. Shattered. I think this is normal too at this stage, but I would love to wake up rested again. Some mornings I feel like I have s hangover ( although this disappears quickly, unlike e real hangover).

We had friends over for lunch today and they brought a gorgeous bottle of wine. There was polite encouragement for me to share half a glass, even a sip which " surely can't do you any harm". For a short while I did entertain the though that perhaps I may be this special person who actually can moderate. ... Obviously this is AV talking, but I need to take care.

So this is me committing to checking in more often. I need to remind myself that I am in the very early stages of recovery and only got here with the help and support of SR.

Thanks for listening and thanks for being here friends.

Fradley

Last edited by nyala; 09-24-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Fat fingers, tiny phone.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Glee 19 months is awesome
Old 09-24-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Fradley, I'm glad you checked in. I don't think we all have an identical experience but I can only share my story. After I got sober in August 2014, I had one slip this past spring. I immediately went to my pdoc and didn't go into a full relapse but that did shake me up.

Previously I had been sober for 13 years, slipped and had a big relapse.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

1. I am starting to realize the enormity of this undertaking. I'm truly happy to keep walking this sober path with all the rewards it will surely bring - but I'm sort of open jawed with trepidation when I consider the equally certain terrible consequences wee I ever to pick up again. It's like walking safely a few yards away from a cliff edge with a string blustery wind blowing me towards the drop. Safe, but not secure.
It gets better Fradley...I don't feel in danger anymore

D
Old 09-24-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Fradley! Encouraged me to do the same
Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Fradley and Waywardson you're welcome here! Read post ask questions! Anything and everything helps and nothing is a dumb question. I wish you happiness and peace.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Fradley - I was surprised that my body needed to "adjust" to sobriety. I woke up feeling hung over for weeks, no matter what I did to be healthy. It passed eventually, as did the the constant exhaustion. Everyone's time frame for healing is different.

Quitting drinking is a huge undertaking for an alcoholic. Fifteen weeks is a wonderful accomplishment. I think it's important to have support. Given the idea that maybe you could moderate, you did exactly what you should do - you turned to other people in recovery to discuss it. No one here's going to tell you that even one sip would be ok; we are going to tell you the times our first sips led to pain and struggling, embarrassment, loss of self respect, and arrest. It is helpful for me to hear these stories. I hope you'll continue to seek support and give it to others in the same situation as you.

Amp - Good to see you checking in.

Saskia - Thank you for sharing your hard earned wisdom.

WWS - I think it's so smart to check in when you typically feel temptation. You don't need to decide anything on your job right this minute. Give it all the time you need to figure out the right answer.

BoozeFree - Good luck finding the right person for the job.

KeyofC - Great to see how your faith is guiding you. I'm curious, what do you do to out it into action so that you experience that kind of grace? I worked on Step Two with my sponsor today, and finding a connection to a higher power is on my mind.

Today was busy. I tried to share the best of myself with the people I came across, and accept the results.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here in about 10 months.
I guess this is the right place to post. It said 1 year and under. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Yes, Popeye, this is the right place for those with under one year of sobriety. Some of us are over a year but we enjoy this group and it's also a way of giving back for all the help we have received :-)