Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

PATIENTS.........This is the word today that we all need in our lives for the moment..................

We are like little children and think we can do this program on our own.........................OH WHAT A JOY.....

We are Powerless over so much and our patience has run low.........

Today I will learn to be patient with myself and others.....I will learn the right way to work the steps and follow directions with those that are trying to teach me ........................Listen....Work....and sleep the program.....

Step One...........The paradox of Powerlessness.............Read from the Bible......2 Corinthians 4:7-10.....

Just for today I am in God's Hands......He will mold my life in His time and teach me to be patient...............

Walk time ......even though it is real early......I need the peace of mind and the fresh air at this time.........need to clear the air of my inner self........and will take time to clean house......

Little Penguin
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I am here and thinking about my program......WHY?

Because the little things that go wrong in a day just don't seem to make my day go well............

But for that I can use the walk before it gets hot........

Today is a good day to catch up on what you always put aside for something else that seems more important....................

YES.....we all put aside things in recovery that really need some TLC........so get moving and work on some writing you need to get done for you...........................No time to do for others today.....

The Holidays are coming and you have your program to work on hard............Stay with it and know that you will have those ups and downs................

I tend to deal with two drunks in my life when I think they have gone away.......but I try to not think about how much they have had and work on my BB stuff........

YES.....this keeps me going and I am staying in the here and now......I am doing what is important to me regardless what others do around me.....................

Keep moving forward and know you will do well........this is your life in the program and you can make a difference in your life........

Praying for all you lovely people today........I am doing the best I can to stay in my best mind despite what may cause disrupt..........

Little Penguin
Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Another Hot day and not thinking of the Holidays much......seems more like summer around here..................

No white Christmas that is for sure unless things change........can use the rain..........

Wishing for changes?

We all do wish for something and making life better than what it was or is today is a Blessing.............God is watching over us each day and working the program is a good thing........

Find the time to do some writing and big book work with the steps and more so.............this is your life and you have to make the best of things................................

Today before the sun rises up too much ......go watch ........it is a beautiful thing to see.........

Sometimes we all need to go to the beach and just watch the sun go down and come up ..........it sort of puts us in a different mood and lets us know someone else is in control of our little life..........

Such a feeling I like.......it eases my mind and gives me the peace I need inside...........................

Have a good day and get out and take time for yourself.....let the stress go and get in a sunrise or sunset sometime..................I know you can find the time............

Little Penguin
Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

A good day to think about others in recovery rather than yourself.........This is the holiday time and we all think about what we don't have................

What about those in recovery that are still struggling more so than you......................Lend a hand and see if you can do a small task for someone else in some way..........if they have kids and have nothing to purchase toys for the little ones.....why not bring them something to make the holidays brighter............

Think about it............................we can make our recovery brighter by doing for others and at the same time keep up with our step work...................

Have a good day and pray about what I just said.....God will help you with this and your program ........Keep the faith and know you are special..........

Work the steps and think of others this season.................I did my part with the help of my 7 yr old....it felt real good and at the same time gave a special Blessing to me.......

Little Penguin
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Feeling the cold of winter.......but doesn't stop the early morning walks that are needed to clear the head.............this is a good time to think about changing and making life better with the program behind me and you can do that...........

Today ........work the steps and do a bit of writing on where my life is today..............then get to some meetings and get into the spirit of christmas more for those that need some help.

No time to be gloomy this time of the year.........Doesn't matter how many others are drinking at parties...........if you need to party ...do it sober and keep recovery first............

You can do this..............help others in recovery have fun during the Holidays and keep the faith at the same time..........Be wise about party time.......................

Today there are other things to keep in mind.....and that is to Clean your inner house and keep the spiders away from those corners......

Connect with others in the program and give Hope to those that are still suffering more than you....................show someone how easy it is to feel better in a program that really works if you work it....One Day At A Time............

Time for me to go for now...................I will pray for you all today that you stay in the now.....and keep your steps moving forward................One step at a time.......One day at a time..........

Little Penguin
Old 12-03-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Still looking for that special bear to hug each day of the Holidays and beyond? You will find one that is just for you........

Stay with your program stuff and know you are not alone when things go the wrong way......we all make mistakes and then work harder to make things right......................

Little Penguin
Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Patients is a good thing to have today......

feel that you are not going to handle the day......Fear Not.....

the day just got started and you need that early morning walk.....can't do it outside? walk inside someplace.....

Find a quiet place to do some book work and work the steps......this is good to start the day and get things going.............you can do it......

Get to a meeting and take a friend with you......the Holidays are here and it is a good idea not to be alone............help out someone that needs help during this time and you will feel better about yourself.....

Stay in the now and think about how you can Clean your inner house to better yourself..........................

Hugs to all that come here today...........

Little Penguin
Old 12-05-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Sun is out and time for that wonderful walk .....so I am off to have some fun in the warmth.....

Thinking about you all and praying that you are staying with your program.........................
Little Penguin
Old 12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

A good day to just sit quiet and not let anyone bother you.......

Need some patients? I do ......and sounds like I need to work the steps for a moment and then go for a long walk.......

Life gets difficult at times when the Holidays are creeping up.....and cleaning house is a great idea......

We all need to think about ourselves and the things we tend to put off till tomarrow........as that gets put on the back burner further down the line...............NOT GOOD.....

Work on today and worry about tomarrow another day.................Get busy with your program stuff and don't fall too far behind.....

You can do this and keep your little house clean.............this is your life and don't let anyone tell you how slow you are doing at the steps...........

Remember this is your program and you need only to take it one day at a time.....one moment at a time............

Little Penguin
Old 12-13-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Christmas parties finally getting to you.......?

Fear Not............find a Non-Alco. drink and keep the peace within your little life............you can do this and you have the friends in this program to help you through all this....

Maybe you can set the example in your work place at the same time..................better to drive NOT DRUNK....and get home safe........

Get to a meeting and find the friends you have there........this is the best place to be when you don't want to be at those work parties that serve too many Alco. drinks..................No need to hang out with a bunch of drunks......

Make Christmas a special time for yourself..........stick with the better group that really knows how to party safe.........

Take time to write and work your program.......take that early walk and evening walk.......check out the lights at night around your living space...................................And thank God for giving you another chance to live your life without a drink.............

Little Penguin
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Came across a song that I heard one Christmas back in 1996......was feeling sorry for myself one day about this time and this really hit my heart.............

Song: Dear Mr. Jesus
Music and words by: Richard Klender

This was written in 1985

It is about a little child that sees the abuse done by parents and they get taken away.........

Think about it this time a year when Christmas is to be a happy time..............so many kids are left alone because of the abuse done do to so many reasons.......and some is due to drinking and drugs........

This christmas.....make your life better than it is and stay sober , clean and much more...............get to meetings and talk to someone about your problem.......Get the help you need to clean up your life for your little ones....

Don't sit on the pitty pot feeling sorry for yourself...........Little ones see all and usually don't say much.......they think this is the way life is to be when US ADULTS act the way we do each day being Drunk or on Drugs......

What a mess ........................

I am praying for all you that continue to make life a mess.......I am praying that you find face and get to a meeting and get the help to make your life better...................

Hugs to you all.........................One day at a time.....One moment at a time is all it takes.........You can do this................

Little Penguin
Old 12-14-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

It is soooooo cold here and I am trying to stay warm.....

Still thinking about the song.....Dear Mr. Jesus

Gives me a chance to look at my life in the program I work each day...........I see all the inpatience I cause for myself.....and so much more....

But for today I am here to do what I can to make my program work for me............and for those still suffering....

Clean your inner house today and know you are not alone in doing so................we all have old things still hanging around and now it is time to make life a little cleaner......the new year is coming .......................Make your life brighter this Christmas and New Year......work your program and see the results spread to others in the program.....

Get busy and get in that early walk......dress warm for the cold days...................get in some views of the christmas lights at night and see if anyone has them lit for the morning....

Time to get going and I will pray for you all today that you see the light in your program....................need some help.....get to a meeting and listen to what others have to say.....get in a few words yourself and say what is going on during this Holiday season and how you feel about all the parties going on around you...............Can you handle the party time without drinking ?

I can ........and I am proud to be in recovery and continue to make it through each new year............Thank You Lord for the strength to carry on.......

little Penguin
Old 12-16-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Another time to think back when I first came into Recovery thinking about those first minutes...............

coming up on more years behind me soon with the new year approaching .....................

Reach out and touch a life in the program............set that example for others still trying to find themselves.......

I am grateful for how far I have gotten in my life........Some of us don't spend enough time looking back at the time when we first got into Recovery......................and the reason is that we tend to fall back into our old habits......

Today spend that special time reading about your first time stepping into the door to recovery.............and look at yourself now and how things have changed........................

Need more work ? you have all the time in the world to do that and get back into those meetings.........Call a friend you know in the program and have them pick you up......You can do this................I pray for you this Holiday season that you make that step forward and see the light to a brighter future.........

Today .....stay warm......and know you are not alone when you have those difficult times..................

Little Penguin
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Don't forget to take that walk to clear the air........and get home to work your program............

Get yourself to a meeting and spread the Christmas Cheer around..........you will feel good and warm up inside .........

Talk about your bottom in the program and then talk about where you are today.............

Draw out the ups and downs in the program that you encountered.....with the lighted path that keeps you moving forward.................................And Don't use a small piece of paper.....Do this project BIG.....

Sit back and work the steps today between those trips to finish last minute Christmas Shopping.................Getting caught up in the rush crowds can drive you nuts................

Little Penguin
Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

The days are counting down before Christmas......those last days of shopping can be brutal.........if you haven't done your shopping yet..........

I have no worries.........I have braved some crowds and Now I am staying away from the rest of those Rude People that have no respect for others...........

Clean house and put all those thoughts on paper..........Now is the time before the New year to get your mind clean......

I have confidence that you can do this and much more........

Have a Happy Holiday everyone and be sure to get to some much needed meetings.............don't leave out the most important part of the Holidays.................(your meetings and staying sober and such for now..)

Little Penguin
Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

A sober Holiday........

We need to keep in mind why we are in recovery and that our lives are important.........keep coming back and know that your friends are here for you no matter what...........

Hope and pray those christmas work parties are not getting to you too much................have seen too many friends get off on the wrong foot and then never getting out of the slump......

But I pray for them to come back here and get to meetings...

Clean house today and take that walk.......stay warm and know you are loved........sending lots of Hugs to you.....

Work the steps and get to some meetings.....you will need it and do some writing to keep your mind clear and clean.......I know you can do this.....

Need someone to talk to......Really get motivated and hit a few meetings........this is important......

Call someone in the program and talk to your sponsor........

Little Penguin
Old 12-19-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Need lots of patients today.....feel like I didn't sleep much with H. out all night.......but will get through it..

Time for that reality check for myself....so I don't start taking someone elses inventory..............

Hard to see someone else come back with scratches,bruses and such that they don't remember where they got them......but when you have had too much to drink we all do things we don't remember doing the next day......................the mystery of that drunk night.........and sometimes it is best not to remember.........as we may have done much more than just those little bruses and such......

Life must go on and thinking about Cleaning House to make us feel better..............get to some meetings and work the steps........

No time to think back about the wrongs we keep doing outside the program...................that will come in time if need be.....

For now move forward and start from today to do better in your program............Ok.......we may have some back sliding that happened and we slipped again and again and again............But for today we can start fresh............

Think positive and move forward............get to those much needed meetings and talk to someone......Listen to what others have to say and take a good look at your life in the program....

What can we all do differently to better life for the moment........God is there when we need Him most........take time to pray and ask for that little help....

None of us can do this program alone.........it doesn't work that way.............

Hang in there and know you are not alone..........

Little Penguin
Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Thinking of those days when life was so much better before the drunk?

I remember all that and so much more........

But the most important part was getting the help I needed.....it took time and YES....there was upset among all that as well....

But I am still here and doing the best I can each day.......just like so many of you......

Keeping Promises..........What an order.......it really works like so much more in this program to stay in the now......

Keeping Promises.......Bible quote....2 Samuel 9:1-9

Clean house early today and make the rest of your day what it needs to be with meetings and that work before taking a breat for the Holidays...................

The time you take in your program is important and even just a few minutes will do you some good............

Hang in there and know that I am thinking and praying for you all...........

little Penguin
Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Need loads of Hugs and yet feel so alone at times........

No time for this in recovery and yet there are loads of people to get the needed Hugs from and lots of meetings.....

Find yourself at Home in a meetings during these times and know you are not alone with FEELINGS....

Clean House and keep up with all the mess that collects each day.............if you don't you may find more mess than you really need.........

You can do this and there is help along the way if you need......................Lots of Hugs during the tough times and Hearts to listen..........

Have a wonderful day.......stay warm and get in that walk.....the fresh air will help no matter how cold it is outside.........then get back for that Hot cup of coffee, coco and those little marshmallows on top of the whip cream......

Little Penguin
Old 12-23-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hats off to all of you today.......it is cold outside and I feel it........but that doesn't stop the walking...

Sort of need that quiet time out in the open air.......feels good and to see all the Christmas lights at night and early in the AM...

Time to clean house today and every day......No matter what we need to spend the time to work on US....this is our life and staying in the NOW is important.......................Ok .....Christmas is just around the corner......... But that doesn't mean to drop working on what is important in your life........Recovery is the first thing to think about when you get up in the morning and before you go to bed.........

Yes.......there is something important in your life more so that work and taking care of others.......You need to take care of you......

Spend the time before your house wakes up and get your life together......No one will know you are up if you stay quiet........and get out for that brisk walk............and get that cup of coffe to go .....

Well.....Time for me to take care of me and work the steps.......I have already done my walk, taken a shower and now need that coffee...........my little one is up and watching cartoons.......

Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend and talk to you all later..........

Don't forget to Clean that inner house.....you will feel better about yourself if you get something done........and be sure to get to those meetings with Christmas so close around the corner..............get those much needed Hugs.................

Love ya all................Little Penguin