Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Time to do some house Cleaning deep down inside........have sluffed off long enough.............

Having trouble.......No Fear......turn to God for help and then open the books.......write each step from the start and go from there.......move onto the one that you are currently working and be at peace with yourself ........ You can do this...........

No worry if you already the first few steps or so..... it is always good to write them down again and then move onto the one you are currently on............

Little Penguin
Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

A good day while the rain is gone for the moment to get outside and check the yard and such...........and think about all the things I need to do a deep cleaning of......

My inner self for one.....

My program needs more work.....

My thoughts and how I present them ......

My step work.....

My BB reading.....

So many things to do and so little time......But God is there to give us the patience to make time for everything..........

Find the time in your day to do one thing at a time and don't worry if the list is so big..........you will get through this and so much more.

Spend the day making your list and check it over one little thing at a time................it really works............

Little Penguin
Old 01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Time to take charge of your life more and get a move on the new year..............time is going by fast and we need to look at how things have changed to us that have put time into this program.....

And for those of you that are just starting out.......Keep coming back.....when you have over a month in the program take a look back and see how you are doing since day one.................

What a difference you have made in making you life better............so what if you slip back into the same problem area.....? You can pick yourself up and move on with your program.......

Keep coming back and know you are not alone...............this is why we are here today....... we help each other out the best we can for the moment...................................

Little Penguin
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Sweet dreamz you all........Talk to God before getting to bed tonight....

He is there for you to get the sleep you need with all the program work you have ahead of you....... Sleep on something you read in the Big Book...... Dr. Bob has loads of stuff to say and so does Bill W. ...Think about it............

Little Penguin
Old 01-09-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Looking for that early morning walk no matter how cold.....

Sort of need something and some fresh air to clear the air within.....

Time to clean house with less people hanging out today....this is my chance to do some catch up and much needed thought process to move on in the moment..............

Just needed the time for me before getting the day going as normal.....but what is normal when you are trying to juggle so much and no one wants to really listen.

I have tried to reason with so many in the last couple months and now it is time for me to do for me.......my program is important and when others think not....they are wrong...... this is my life and I need a handle on it..... I can do this and make the progress needed to see what I have done for me.......................and reach out and help others in need as well..........

Hugs to you all today especially those that are still suffering ..... You can make it.... Keep coming back.........

Little Penguin
Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Off for that early walk in the cold morning........Not sure I want to go and would rather stay in bed where it is warm.....

Hear all the excuses before when trying to convince yourself to get moving..............?

Life has to go on and the bills need to be paid......such is life and no one else will do it for most of us.............

Keep with your program and know that I am here for you anytime.....I do come back and check in from time to time when my schedule permits........

I am one that wants to find another job and praying that will happen this year...........just need a change of pace and more money to cover the rising expenses of food , gas and so much more.......Can't keep up with the rise of living........found that renting going up around here due to the loss of homes for others........someone thought that raising the rent will get them more money from those that can't afford their own home anymore....................too bad this has to happen...........I think this is taking advantage of those that are at a loss for so much.....

Anyway this is a good time to work the steps and Clean House within.......all this thought of others taking advantage of those that are at a loss is something else......................I need to look at my own life and see what I am doing different and if I am making a GOOD difference for myself and others around me.......

Keep the peace within and work the program hard today.............We all need to be supportive with each other and this doesn't mean to fix the problem others have in their program......YOU CAN HELP get others in the program in the right direction........that is supportive..........don't do their program for them......

Little Penguin
Old 01-10-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

(((penguin)))

Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi there.....someone came for a visit and that makes me happy today.....

Need all the visitors I can get today..........sort of down in the dumps and needed some friends around.............

Thinking of cleaning house more than usual for what is left of my day.............it is a good thing to do..........

Working the steps and thanking God for all He does for me helps with my attitude and picks me up...............

Little Penguin
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all today while I take care of those nasty spiders......I hate those webs...................I have my broom in hand today and will be busy doing what we all need to do today....................Cleaning house till I drip of sweat.......Oh what fun...........

Have a good day and know that the step work is important in starting your day out right...........................pray before you get going and when the day ends pray before going to bed..............You will find peace with yourself ONE DAY AT A TIME>......................

Little Penguin
Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Something of importance to think about for the day and during those Meetings that need to be gone to...............

*******************Picture a CAMEL in your mind then read the following:

The Camel each day goes twice to his knees . He picks up his load with the greatest of ease. He walks through the day with his head held high and stays for the day completly dry.

******Think about it -- especially when you think you need a drink for the wrong reason. *********

Cleaning house today is a wise decission ..........keep it simple and you can get through a great deal without really thinking about how hard you need to work at it.........................

Keep coming back and know that you are not alone on your walk to recovery.............................you have loads of friends walking the same path that truely care...............

Little Penguin
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

A cool day today and the sunshine is out .............. Glad for all God has given me to look at in my life even if it be from the past or what I am doing today in my program...............

Note how long it took for you to get this far and you keep going forward with your life...............Feels sooooooo good and helping others gives that good feeling inside.............

If you haven't helped someone in the program.....give it a try......

But if you are still getting started in your program and trying to figure out the steps more..... don't worry..... Keep coming back and know that you will make progress with a little help from God if you will let Him...............He is the best friend anyone could ever have........

He is always there when you can't get someone to talk to you on the phone or in person........when you think all is lost.........

Reach out and touch God......He has a strong hand on your shoulder and helps you walk the path to recovery when you think you are doing this all alone...............YOU ARE NOT ALONE ...... God is always there helping you out............

"Clean House" today and know that you are moving forward to the best of your ability today....... One moment at a time..... One day at a time... You can do this.....

Having anger problems and feeling bottled up in some way? GO FOR A WALK AND GET SOME FRESH AIR TO CLEAR THE AIR WITH YOURSELF.........THINK OF HOW GOD HAS WORKED IN YOUR LIFE THIS FAR IN YOUR PROGRAM AND HOW MUCH PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE.... DON'T THINK OF ALL THE STEPS BACKWARDS THAT YOU HAVE DONE.....THINK ABOUT THE MOVES FORWARD IN YOUR PROGRAM..... GOD DOESN'T HOLD THE STEPS BACKWARDS AGAINST YOU.......

KEEP COMING BACK.... YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE...

Hugs to you all today..... You are in my prayers............

Little Penguin

Last edited by expenguin; 01-13-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Praying For All Those That Are Still Suffering Today And Need An Little Help Getting Going................

Little Penguin
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Take time to thank God for all the Clean Steps you have made this far in your program..................there is a moment when you may feel that you haven't made as much progress that you wanted............

Be patient and know you are not alone in this walk........God is there watching over you and helping you One day at a time...........

Work the steps today and take time to write all you can ......... before moving on to something else in your life take a moment and Thank God for what you have done while working the steps......

Keep coming back and know that you will make a dent in your life to become better.................... This program takes time and lots of patience..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Had help getting a special God Box done......so nice and special to have the little one in my house help do something for me.......Prayers are needed for all of us in this program...... We need patience to keep each day going and God is there when we think He has left us out in the cold................

Clean House today and do the best you can...............Need a break? Get your Cup of Coffee and come right back to work the steps for today...... Progress will be made when you think you haven't gotten anywhere........

It takes a little patience and will power to get where you want......... In this program it seems to take more than that..... Keep coming back and know we are all here suffering in our own way through this program and our life beyond our program.......

There is light on the path to a better life............ You will make it..... Just keep your head up, attent meetings, keep in touch with friends in the program and pray to God each day when you rise and go to bed at night.............

Love ya all and I am praying for all you that are still having trouble......

I am not perfect in my program if that helps you...... I may have loads of years in my program ....But I still have ups and downs just like a newcomer..............

Little Penguin
Old 01-16-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Threre is a little light in your life today if you think NOT.......you have the will power to keep moving forward and make life what it is to be today..... See all the things you have done in the last couple days and how much work you have done in your program to get where you are today.............

WOW......... feel good about everything today?

if not you will when you can look back and just relax for a moment.......

There is a better life with recovery.......I know .....I have seen it....it feels real good. But this isn't the end.... the program must keep moving forward.... you just got started and the program must move forward with your good intentions of helping others that still suffer........

Keep that smile on your face today and pass it on to another that still has trouble getting going................ there is a way out for all the others and the meetings that recovery offers will help........ convince someone that needs help to attend with you...... get them that cup of coffee that was once offered to you that first day.............and put a smile on their face and give that Hug that needs to be passed on .......

Out for that walk now and finding peace of mind as the day goes on.........I can do this and so can you...................Have a good day..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Thought of just PUTTING ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER AND WALKING JUST LIKE THE CAMEL.......... you will be walking toward recovery and working the steps you thought were not important.....

YEA........some in recovery think you can SKIP steps and that isn't a good idea.........this isn't a program where you can decide which steps are more important................

ALL THE STEPS ARE IMPORTANT....

For today take that walk and clear the air within and get to cleaning your inner house......................make the time for this and you will feel better about yourself and your program............

Touch base with someone in the program and ask questions today........sit and listen to others talk................don't disrupt when someone is talking.............just listen..........if you are one of those that likes to argue....YOU NEED TO JUST LISTEN TODAY...........

Think about it...............

YOu will feel some relief within........and then you can write about your experience at the time...........see the difference you can make for yourself..... Did you feel bottled up? Because you couldn't talk when you wanted to.....? Try this again and see if you have calmed down and let God take control.........

If this is too much then think about doing this another time.......Do give it a try if you are one of those that really likes to have the last say in a meeting..................LET OTHERS TALK .......

Little Penguin
Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Have you ever read a book from cover to cover?

Give it a try and do it with the book from your program......this is what we are to do when first getting started.......at least That is What I was told...............

I did it with the Big Book of AA and now have to do it again with the New Edition out ........that has been out for some time........just never got around to it...............

This is a good thing to do and think about all the things you have just ignored or thought you never had time for....................Soooo make time and get busy.................This is a three day weekend coming up and a good time to find that sunny spot and sit and relax with your book................

Like I said.....take time and think about all that is being said................NO ONE SAID TO READ IT IN ONE DAY...........if you do this you put shame to the rest of us that can't do that................JUST KIDDING..........

I can't read a book in one day even if I wanted to........this would mean ignoring everyone else and everything that I do to keep my house going and family...........

Don't forget to take time for yourself and get a walk in.....you need the time to think and work the steps.....................

Little Penguin
Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

A brisk walk today in the cold.....and see all the frozen things around..................must be cold on a cats feet........

Saw my cat pick on a goffer and then catch it..........WOW.....

For today it is time to spend the weekend cleaning up your steps and little life..............you can do this for a few minutes while others sleep .......................get that cup of coffee and get moving.......

Time to think about the plan you are to do each little thing for yourself and hit some meetings.........................Hugs all around for your friends and those that need them as well..........

If you are a Guy and don't do Hugs........it doesn't hurt to give a few......don't be a mocho guy and back off the Hugs..............If women can pass the Hugs around freely the guys can follow ......

Follow your dreams and work the program longer than you usually do.........find that quiet place and write, draw and do something for yourself........................

Little Penguin
Old 01-20-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Forget to do recovery check in with yourself and take note of what God has for you to do today?

Think about what you need to do for your personal check in list.....think about what you do to start your day before doing anything else.....

Then the next think you can work on is organizing your program for yourself and get that list going to check off each day in your mind.....

It is ok to set up a check list to get you going......Keep it in your recovery book to look at each time you open your book each morning........

You can do this and find the pages you need for your morning prayer to start your day right...............

Thank God for what He has given you in your program....... One thing is for the Second chance to start life over again and make it better than it was when you were messed up with Drinking or Drugs ....

You have made the first step in admitting you have a problem......

Keep up with your program each day and it will become a regular thing that starts your day and ends your day............

Ok .... there are challenges...... But what life doesn't have challenges....?

Clean your inner house each day and keep it clean..... Make a mistake in your recovery....? Make it right and work the steps......make that list and do better the next time.....

Keep coming back and know you are loved ......Hugs to you today......

Little Penguin
Old 01-20-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Thanks little penguin. I'm back in recovery and i started praying to my HP again yesterday.

Barb