Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 12-01-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Moving forward with the Holidays...... Not thinking about all the stuff that others get into ....as there is more important things to think about this season and that is my own recovery.... YES.... RECOVERY.. this is the most important thing in my life when all else seems dull and lost... especially when there isn't much money to spend or no money to spend at all...

Seems that this is the most important thing in life.... besides having friends and family around... I found that the money will not keep family together as much as a good recovery program. Think about it when you think about slipping away from your program and taking that slide down the hill in the worse way... You can come back to recovery and start over any time you want which is true..... but, how would you feel deep down inside?

We all have feelings about coming back and that is what happens when we back slide in our program.....

For today move forward and clean your inner house..... the steps are important to work.. One step at a time..... You can do this with going to meetings and finding a stable spot in your life to keep moving forward one day at a time.... Recovery is a good place to be..... it is tough sometimes and we all understand ......... So for today I am praying for all you that find it hard....

The holidays are here and that is even harder for some of you.... Keep the faith and know you are not alone......
Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

A chilly day this early morning and yet the walk continues no matter what..... I have loads to do with my cleaning of my inner house and other things to think about with my program and the Holidays coming in so fast....

For all those of you that think party time needs to continue through the holidays there is a solution to do it sober and safe...... Recovery is important and that is why you come to SR to check in all the time....

Find friends that will have a party that is safe for you and nothing where the drinking or drugs is allowed.... you can still have fun without the boose......... The fun is having your friends around and sharing the holidays with them....

Family that understands you is important.... I have a somewhat sober house here and if it is looking bleek I try not to let the other persons problems bother my or dampen my day.... There is a way to stay on the right path of your program...

Get to meetings where you know others will put you in the right mood for the holidays....

Talk to others in recovery about what is going on with you during these hard times....

Talk at meetings and tell them what is going on...... someone will say something that will help you out...

Get lots of Hugs to tie you over till the next time....

Touch base with you sponsor...... they are there for a reason....

Need extra Hugs.... Find that one special Teddy Bear that needs a home...there are lots out there with the Holidays now here....

Hang in there and know that I am also here .... I have problems and need my support.... so I look for others to help me when I get down during this time of year....

Cleaning my inner house and working the steps works..... the writing is what is good and keeps the mind working toward the right path in my life of recovery......................
Old 12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thread continues:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2009584