Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 06-09-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thinking of all you that have lots going on for the summer now that kids are out of school...................

Fear not the kids will stay busy ....most of them..............

Keep an eye on your recovery and don't let someone else distrack you..........this is important and you must get to meetings........

Clean your inner house even if it means getting up before your house does..................get that quiet time in and you will find peace with yourself...................you can do this ........

Be at peace little ones and know that your program in recovery is important more than you think........hang in there and know that you are not alone in this...................

Little Penguin
Old 06-09-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

This is the first time I've read from this thread and I did it because I'm trying to get up the motivation to get off SR and clean my apartment=) But, you've posted such nice messages... thank you, expenguin. I think I'll check in here more often.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

One day at a time is all it takes......Keep coming back.....

Just for today be good to yourself and know that all you have to do is be patient with yourself.......

Cleaning house is a long haul........but you can do this one day at a time.......One moment at a time................

We all have those road blocks that tend to stop us from making the next move...............But I have found that no road block will stop me from making peace with myself or someone I have hurt while I am in the program.....or before getting in Recovery.............

Life is too important to make mistakes......we learn from them each day we spend on our Recovery program..............You can do this Cleaning of your inner house...............it only takes a few minutes of your time each day..........

Start in the morning before you do anything else.......and again at night before going to bed...............Call a friend in the program if you need some extra support................Hugs are free and always there when you need one........................

Little Penguin
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Today may seem dull and a little foggy outside.......but you can have all that cleaning done in no time.........some people tend to sleep on such days ....so keep that coffee handy to keep you cozy warm......

An early morning walk sounds good to set the mood for cleaning house.............so get going and watch out for the holes you come across......................

When cleaning house you may have a few pit holes you trip in and that is all a part of life............you learn to get beyond them and move on.............One step at a time...........

Don't forget to clean up those nasty spider webs as they tend to get in the way and slow things down...........We have no need for them in our program .........................

Have a good day and take it easy.......don't expect to get all the work done........this is a process that takes time......ONE DAY AT A TIME............and that first step or two may take more time than you think............................IT IS OK..............

Little Penguin
Old 06-11-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Something stopping you from moving forward?

Fear NOT......this is why you are in recovery and have the support of the program behind you..........That is if you have done that......

If you are still thinking about recovery and if it is for you.......You are waiting for something else to get your feet moving...........OR you just haven't decided if this is where you really belong...................

Hang in there and realize that you have stepped into SR where all the support is here waiting for you ..........Make a decission and keep coming back..............

This is the right place to start.......We have all been there and realized that it is tough deciding if you want to really make that first move to a better life..................

There are many areas to pick from and that is ok........Take your time and check all the areas that others have posted..............

Recovery is an imortant place to be and changing the way we do things each day is important..........New friends are here to help you.......and there are lots of Hugs being passed out as well.........

I will pray for you today that you take one step at a time.........Your First step is admitting that you have a problem and want the help to make life better....

Little Penguin
Old 06-14-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Having a tough time today and other days....?

You are not alone and have time to consider cleaning your house.....that house within.......

Take that time to take the quiet time you have before going to work or getting your day started to write and work the steps in your program...............the mountain climb to this is tough at first and from that first step you may still come across some tough spots.............

The summer is here now and there are lots of meetings you can get to...................don't let your depression get you down either...........find your friends in recovery and get all the HUGS you need to get through the day............

This is no time to be by yourself..............Having trouble getting your program started? We all are there as each day is tough.......and yet.......we have a sponsor who is there for us .......if you don't have a sponsor ....FIND ONE ......

A sponsor is someone you know that will guide you through your program and be there for you.............BUT you have to work your program.....Your sponsor will not give you the answers to working your steps...................they will help get you started and the rest is up to you.......ONE DAY AT A TIME.....ONE MOMENT AT A TIME..........

Hang in there and know that I am thinking about you today..........

Little Penguin
Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

A little summer project for all those that don't have one.......

" GOD BOX"

This is a box where you write notes to God such as Resentments, extra baggage and more.........you sort of get rid of them by placing them in the box for God to handle..........SO THIS IS WHAT YOU PUT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX...............

"GOD BOX"

WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AND YOU CAN'T SEEM TO PRAY,
WRITE ME A NOTE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY.
pUT THE NOTE IN THE BOX AND GO ABOUT YOUR DAY
I'LL TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM FOR YOU,
I ALWAYS FIND A WAY...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun with this and know you can get any box you want and decorate it........................make it so you can slip the notes in it......

This is another way to clean your house..........and more of a way to let God take care of the problems you can't for now.............

Just remember it isn't letting someone else clean your house totally........you still have to do the book work and work the steps to the best of your ability......................

Have a fun time working on the box.............and get your house in order.................

Little Penguin
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

A good day for you? if not hang in there......this is only summer and a good time to catch up on things...............plant those new flowers and clean up the yard if you have one........

Also a time to take time for yourself and think about how to make things better for your recovery...................

Clean that inner house and reach out and help someone else...........this is the time to help others that have the same problem.......or get someone new into the program.......

There is so much to do and you can better yourself by helping others...............you have the experience and know the ropes.....

If you are still getting your program off the ground then you need to pay attention to your needs and ask others for help..............

Get to some meetings and work your steps within your program.......You can do this and then get going on the needs to better yourself in other ways...........................

Hang in there and know you are in the right place for now...........................Little Penguin
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Having the WILLINGNESS to carry on with our life and love it.......Cleaning house is part of the process of doing what is right for our life in recovery....................working the steps and be willing to accept what comes our way each day..........

You can do this program and love it at the same time.......just stay focused on what you need to do each day and keep coming back.........

Recovery was never meant to be easy...........we all have tough days to get through and you can't always do it alone..........so find a meeting where there are other recovery people and touch base with your feelings..............................you are safe here with us................................HUGS............ ..Little Penguin
Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Too much time gone by since the last post.......but that is ok and figure you all have been busy working the steps in your program......................this is a must and something that keeps us all moving forward peacefully.....

Have a good day and know that what you do today can be an impact on your recovery........and that depends on how you work your program or NOT......................Be good and get to a meeting that is a must and work what steps that have given you trouble ...........If you can't get past one......keep working it......because you can't really move on to the next step...........Take One Step at a time.......

Work cleaning your house at a pace that is good for you...............No need to rush.......get the most out of your program...................and touch base with others...........

Little Penguin
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Today look back at all you have done in recovery.........How have you changed? Things getting a little better?

Those of you still struggling ....hang in there .......Your life will find the way as so many of us have..........

Recovery is a special place where you find the strength and hope to get on with your life..............and there are so many understanding people that can help by taking your hand and showing you the way if you need that little help....................

Stay strong to wanting to get better and all it takes is ONE DAY AT A TIME......ONE MOMENt AT A TIME.............................

Little Penguin
Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

WOW.....lost track of time and look at all that has been posted here.............

Having a troublesome time getting thoughts down on paper and working the steps.....?

You are not alone..................Cleaning house isn't easy and we have been there more than once...............

Hang in there and know that God is helping you through the hard times.................We have a long way to go with our program and working the steps...............

So my first suggestion is get to a meeting and talk to your friends.......and help a new comer get started.............

We all have great ideas for others......BUT have you followed your own advice lately?

Maybe NOT.........but the one true thing is that you have come here and posted or just sat and read what others have posted....

ONE DAY AT A TIME..............is all it takes.........hang in there....................................Little Penguin
Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Another day and it is cold.........the fog will burn off and the day will become beautiful as it always does.........

sound like your day?

The fog seems to be gloomy for our day at times and that is the way our recovery seems to go......But not if you keep working the steps and stay ahead of what you need to do........

Working anything in recovery is tough and that is just the way it is...........it is a tough job to bring yourself back to reality and get a handle on your life in a much better way......

Hang in there and know you are not alone......we all go through some tough days and find that getting to meetings, calling others in recovery and so much more helps........You can do this and know that your sponsor is there for you.........

Work the steps and do that much needed writing each day......Get to some meetings and don't forget to go on a long walk for the fresh air you need to think about all you have absorbed.................

HUGS and more HUGS for you all today...................

Little Penguin
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
believer

hugs for you expenguin...

i have been cleaning my house lately...changed the sheets...changed the razor, changed a bit of everything...and bought books, great books..take care
Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

WOW.....new books......sounds like a plan for the recovering person.........and those that you can write in are good to do the book work you need to keep up with your steps.........

I have taken that much needed walk and now the sun is out to enjoy more outdoor stuff..........................will take that walk and find a place to sit and work the steps in peace...............

Look at the wild life while writing and just sit and enjoy at the same time.................................

Don't forget to take out the trash.....don't need it in recovery....if you know what I mean............

Little Penguin
Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Time for the morning walk if the air is clear.........for me it isn't at this time and need to find something else to do.........

Cleaning the inner house is important on a daily basis and finding that quiet time is the best way to start.........Make a special place to sit and work the steps.........

Make that mountain climb up to improving what needs help in your life........there are so many times you will find yourself going down hill..........this shows the decline in your recovery and all you need to do is get to meetings and talk to climb back up the hill..........

You can do it and I have confidence in you all................Life is full of ups and downs...........Recovery will smooth things out if you work the steps and your program in the best way possible.........

KEEP COMING BACK.......YOU CAN DO THIS......

Little Penguin
Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Another day to count the moments that best keep us going in recovery..................

Have you made that mountain climb lately?

Fear not.....this will come and I pray you have been getting to those meetings........YOu need to make life better and getting to meetings is just what the doctor ordered............

Keep up the work on the steps and know you are not alone........
Little Penguin
Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Time to clean that house today.....it is a weekend and you may have all the time in the world..................

Suggest you find a good book and read some recovery stuff that you have been putting off for too long................there is always a few minutes in the day to read..............

and when you are done with that work the steps and get moving................this is your life and no one else can work your steps for you..................

Need to get motivated? get to some meetings and get some inspiration there while you think about the steps and how you can get them done in a timely manner.....................

You can do this..........and take a pad of paper with you or a journal ......just keep it in your car, purse, or whatever.........and just write when you get those few minutes to work the steps...........

Little Penguin
Old 07-01-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Looks like the fireworks will be nice here in the valley.....I am on top of the hill and have a good "Treehouse view...." NICE.....

Will work the steps that day and keep busy cleaning house real well.........seems that the spiders have lots of webs this summer and we kinda need to keep ahead of them all.......Don't like the Black widows they hurt bad.................

Little Penguin
Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Time to thing about the use of the "Serenity Prayer" more often in your day...................we tend to forget it is there except when we get to those much needed meetings.........................

We are all here for one reason and that is to do better in our life and keep our recovery first and foremost..................

Think back on the tough days when recovery was never on your mind.......................Now look at today and how much you have accomplished........................See the difference recovery has done for you?

Keep coming back..............................Little Penguin