Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Looking to fix someone else and all I can do is pray for them that they get back into their program and get the help needed to stay in the now.........

I am looking at being real patient with this other person and that is all I can do for now.....

Think about yourself and how many times someone else wanted to fix you and make things right for the rest of your life.......

I remember that and realize that the way someone wanted to fix me was wrong......... I remember crying out for the help to get into recovery and into a program that would help me get back on my feet and continue living where I was..... But that didn't happen and I had to make even more changes to keep my head above the water..................................

What a time we all had to keep our life together then and now to keep going in this world.......... Life can be so easy if we let it through recovery......

The program really works if you let it run your life .........You can do this even if this is your first day or first few hours...... One day at a time is all you need ......

I did it and glad I am here for the moment..............

There is peace of mind and heart that will take over your life in due time...... just be patient and one step at a time for now............................................... ..........

LIttle Penguin
Old 07-20-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Having to think twice about what I need to work on in my own recovery program and passing on any hints to others around me at meetings and more so.........

There is no real easy way to work any program....... be patient with yourself and know that it takes one day at a time to get through anything....... We never get things handed to us....

We all have to work hard to make any progress with recovery..... This is your own personal job in life...

No one next to you is going to do your personal work...... because no one else can write and work the steps of your life for you....................... Take time and talk to God about all that has gone on in your life...... tell Him what your concerns are and let God do the work in getting an answer to help you out....

Patience is the next best thing.......... Meetings will bring answers to many Questions you have about what you are to do each day.....

Get to a Step Meeting and work the steps that way......... Work the steps with your sponsor getting you started and checking up on you.........................

This is your life and you can do it....... Want to make a difference for once in your life?

Then get busy and do what you need for you..............

Having some trouble with bad thinking....? then talk to a friend and don't isolate....

Hugs to all you today...... I am praying for you.......
Old 07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Word to think about for today and during the week if you want......

FREEDOM

&

PURPOSE

Think about how these two words fit into your life and where they work with your program at the same time............

Have fun...........Write about these two words and if they have a purpose in your recovery..........
Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Today is time to really clean house and get back to the steps more than you have before........

This is summer and there needs to be time to clean up the mess you have created for yourself and others.........

Take a good look at your past and what is going on today.......take notes and clean up the areas that you have neglected in your life....

The steps are here for you to think and work.......take time and don't let too much get to you during this time.....

Find that quiet place to sit and work things out in peace.....

Get to meetings and talk to friends and your sponsor.......You can do this .....

Life has to have changes in order to feel the peace you need for yourself............................
Old 07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Word to think about today is.......

TENDERNESS

Where does this fit in with your day and your life in Recovery?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Wishing for a better day and that God will let me have the peace I need from nasty neighbors........people that just don't care much..................

I am keeping the peace within as much as I can for the moment...

I just need to look at my recovery and thank God for all the years I have for the moment.......I am grateful...

For today I will clean house within and take note of all the wrong thoughts I have that need cleaning..........

We are only human and others need to see that...... there is a brighter side of everything and Recovery will show us that each day........

Keep the faith and be patient with yourself and others around you..... even if you have no patience for the person that continues to cause you trouble...

This is your life....make the most of your program....
Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Need to clean house big time and think of my recovery rather than what the nasty neighbor is up to ......seems we are picked on more that we can deal with.....

First it is the fence and other stuff and then it is dogs causing noise all day long and my kid.....

With all the recovery I have been through in my time....this is not what I need next door to me since I have been around longer than this person............. and no one talks bad about my dogs that don't bother anyone.... and for my kid..... Kids are kids and need to play safe in their own yard without someone saying they make too much noise with the dogs.....

I am here to say that when we come across people like this while working recovery......we need to work harder on the steps and get to loads of meetings so as not to think too bad about others..........

I am taking it from all sides and that is tough to deal with....

For the moment I am thinking of working the steps real hard and come up with a word to center my mind in the right direction no matter how difficult it may be..............

The word I have come up with is:

GRATITUDE

and

UNDERSTANDING

Sounds about right for all I am going through for the moment....and may be what some of you need as well......

Hang in there with difficult people and know that you are not alone..... I am trying to keep the peace within and work one day at a time ........and ask God to direct my path...
Old 07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Looking up and trusting God to get through each day.....even the difficult ones...

For the moment I am here and asking for a better day with the sunshine to light up my thoughts...

Word to think about for the day is:

FREEDOM

This is a good word when you think someone has gotten the worse of you and your life..... Keep moving forward and know that God is in control of your recovery and no one can mess with that..

You will make progress with your recovery and No one can break that or get in your way...........
Old 07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Another day and it seems dull already with the nightmare learking around each corner....

But for this person I am trying to think positive and move forward to stay in recovery , ONE DAY AT A TIME....

It is tough and yet God is there to help me through the difficult days ..... I feel so alone and yet I have to get my mind on "Cleaning House" to stay in the now with my program....

We all have one of those moments that life seems to fall apart more than we really want.... and then there is the time when we just don't want to do anything....

Today is not what Yesterday brought...... keep looking at the light on your path and know that you are not alone in your walk with recovery.....................Trust that God will never let you down...

Work the steps and know that this is your life for the moment....

Be patient with yourself and think good of those around you no matter how bad they treat you...... It is tough , I know, so hang in there..........
Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Today is another overcast day and yet it will not get me down..... Trying to move forward, work the steps, Clean house and get other stuff done that keeps getting put off....

For the day a word has been picked:

ACCEPTANCE

What a good one for all of us that are still suffering in other ways..... some of us are depressed and such... But this program and getting together with friends is what we need to make things brighter.............

Get in your walk and think about all the good things that have happened since you got into recovery..... think about all the new friends you made and all the old friends you dumped ....

Like needs changes and recovery is the one and only place you can do that ..... YOu need changes in your life regardless of how you feel about it..... Keep coming back and know you are in the right place................
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

The earth shook here in California and gives most of us something to think about in our lives.......

This is the same when it comes to changing bad habits that we enjoyed each day.... but these bad habits got most of us in trouble.......

Today keep making those changes if you have got started.....for those of you that haven't made many changes, now is your chance to make a difference in your life.........

Work the steps and clean your house within you.......

Work the program and be that example to everyone else........

YOu can do this one day at a time and be patient with yourself.....

I am praying for you today that you can make those changes in your life so that your little world is feeling better in many ways....

I am here and God is wrapping His arms around you each day of your recovery...... Keep the faith and know that you are not alone....

Little Penguin
Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

trying to stay in the NOW....and keep peace of mind is tough....

Came up with a couple words before the day ends.....

RELEASE

ADVENTURE

Will use these two words and think about them and how they fit into my recovery program for the moment...... and how I can use them to keep my life going for the moment...
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Some early thinking and foot work has got me to come up with the following words for the day while cleaning house.....

OPENNESS

UNDERSTANDING

These two are something together and a peace of the puzzle to life as so many others are in recovery....

Have fun with them and putting each one into your life today... Think about how they work in your program and everyday life and what you can change to make your recovery worth while..
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Almost forgot this weekend and the pick of a word for the day....

One pick for the days end is:

EDUCATION

I look at this one as a chance to work recovery issues with others in order to get the education needed to carry on with your own program..... You can do this as each day there is always something new to learn..... Especially as the months and years go by you will have learned much.....

Keep going along the righ path and know that God is your best guide with your recovery.......

One day at a time is the only way to go...... I am here for you all and sending loads of Hugs your way...

Having a bit of trouble getting your emotions under control with your program work? Get that cozy Bear to help.... If you don't have one... you can find one that is special to you....

Clean your house at the same time and keep up with the steps you haven't done yet....

This is your life in recovery so make the best of it for the moment.................................Keep coming back because this program really works if you work it....
Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Pick of the day came a little late for those who got that early start ........... word:

RESPONSIBILITY

This is a good pick to think about..... give it a shot and think about where it fits into your day and your program... But don't let me tell you what to do.... this is your life and I have to work on so much myself....

I heard about someone that was leading a meeting and that person tried to tell everyone what they needed to do..... What a mistake... because it is up to us to do what we think is right for our own program without someone else giving the orders....

This is your program ....so do what is right and feels right to you.... Clean house and work the steps each day is all it takes for me to do something for me....and get to those meetings to meet new friends......

We are all in this together no matter what.........seems to me that we support each other the best we can.....

Keep coming back and know that you have touched base in the right place here at SR...................Reach out and touch someone......I know there is someone out there that needs a Hug.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

What a day...... picked two words to think about today while working the steps and cleaning house within......and keeping the peace of recovery...............

PURPOSE

HUMOR

These words are something and can mean so much in your recovery today....... think about it as I will for the day....

Get a grip on your recovery and keep moving forward.... Having a bit of some trouble getting into your program? get to a meeting and talk to some other members... get some hugs and go from there.............don't keep the trouble to yourself.... We are all here to help each other the best we can....

Hugs to all that need one today...............
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Humor is a good word for today. I need it. I need to stop taking things so seriously.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Humor worked for me when I thought all was lost..... and I needed a break in my day to just laugh a bit.... thanks for letting me know where your thought are today.......

Thank you for the visit in person and posting......Have a good day.......................
Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Today is a new day and a new word to think about for you all that really look forward to that with your Cleaning of your House at the same time...................

Words Picked..................

TRUTH

COMMUNICATION

Perfect for the day I think.....and something to really think about.........I can use these two in my life for the moment and work the steps at the same time....

Communication is good when at meetings and at home ....Oh....the possibilities I can come up with ...

For the rest of me.....I am going to find a quiet place to write and work the steps.... and get in that early morning walk I need to think about my day before it gets going and the world really wakes up around me....

Have a good day you all and know that I am praying that your day goes well.....

Thinking about China and the Olympic Games about to start soon....I remember when I spent time there and how peaceful it was and how much different it was than the USA..... We are so spoiled here in the USA compaired to those living in China....

Hugs to all those that need one today.....
Old 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Thinking of something for the day since I have been away for a few days............for the moment Believe in yourself and think for the moment about all the things you did the first time you got into recovery.....

Write about how your mind was thinking at the time and how you did during your first meetings....

How long did it take for you to really get the hint that this was going to be your life style ?

How are you doing now that you are in the program...?

Word for the day.....

THANKFULLNESS

Take time and go on a long walk with someone that understands where you are today and how you feel deep down inside..... if this person is someone you go to meetings with...take them to a meeting with you and share what is going on deep within your mind and heart.... Have a good rest of the day....