Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Looking toward making the day special as can be.........

The fog is around and that won't stop the early morning walk we all need to start the day.......................time to get one in before others start moving around..........

Ever notice how quiet it is outside before the world starts moving around you?

It is so peaceful...........

Even the cat came in to get some love........and tell me about the outside adventure she had.......................

Think about the steps and what you need to brush up on for the day.............take it one at a time for the moment........

Little Penguin
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Looking at all the things you need to do today?

Set the goals for the day and know that Recovery is on the top of your list.....if now it really needs to be there.........

The day starts with recovery and ends the same way........

You are important today........keep the faith and know you are not alone in your recovery walk...........

Little Penguin
Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

A good day to ask God for patience........when we think we have a good handle on things....there is always something not going our way....

Pray....seek.....and thank God for all the extra things He gives you each.....day......

You can make today count and get those steps done......Your program is important....................One day at a time........

Little Penguin
Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Thinking about the times I just let the step work go to do other things.............Not good for my program.........

Having a tough time getting started with such a simple program in Recovery?

We are all there and sometimes feel this is too much to ask of ourselves.........But it really isn't asking much of us when we start our day.......................Hang tough and know you are not alone in this program.........

There are so many of us starting our day with the steps in our little program to make life so much easier.......

You can do this and feel Peace within yourself.............Start the day with a prayer asking God to help.........you will feel the peace and see the light in your program.............

The steps will come with little problem.......You can do this.....

Today get to a meeting and speak about your struggles with your program and how you are doing with your step work........

Little Penguin
Old 10-02-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

A time to think about all the recovery process that you are doing for yourself..................Have things under control?

Well....maybe not for the moment and looks like you may need some extra help staying in the now.............

No worry.......Keep moving forward and know that you can get to those meetings......

Work the steps and get in that walk......You need to clear your mind of everything else and kick the bad thoughts out of your head.......

A meeting will get you in the Here and Now......where you need to get moving in the right direction for all you need to work on that better life..................

Recovery was not meant to be an easy road to follow.......You can do this and hang with the right friends.........................

Hang in there and know you are in the right place for the moment...............................

Little Penguin
Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Having troubling things take over your life.....?

We all do and it is time to get moving and really think about making a difference in your life..............

This is your life and recovery is just a part of that as well......so get moving and find that spot in your day to get recovery stuff done.....

sometimes starting your day with a quiet moment helps and taking that early morning walk.........Try it before you get to work........

Take time to do some step work and other things to keep your day going...............

I will pray for all you that have a tough time getting up in the morning......I am up early and off to walk for my peace of mind...........makes the rest of the day move along just the way it is going to for the moment................

I try to think about all the things I need to do to keep me here and now...........and then get some recovery thoughts into my head and move forward......................

Little Penguin
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Too many days gone by and this house needs lots of cleaning......

Have one of those weeks when you don't really know where you have been?

Well.....this is one of those weeks and it is time to start catching up on the bad things..........and then look at the positive things to brighten up our little world..........

Think positive today and know you are not alone............you can get all those things done in your program....that you sort of pushed away for a few days....

Keep coming back and know you are well loved............

Little Penguin
Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi expenguin. I've missed reading your posts. I wondered where you were. I like reading your posts. There inspirational to me.

Barb
Old 10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks for reading what I post......they help me as well and I like reaching out to others in the best way possible....

Glad you make some sense out of them..............

Please keep coming back.......Know that I am always here....even if I don't post..................I will try to post more often.....

Today I have a thought for you all......

Step two.......coming to believe........read from the bible.....Romans chapter 11 verse 18-20

Know that you are not alone in your struggle.....we all support each other in so many ways......let us continue to be supportive no matter how down we may get with our own program...........

Little Penguin
Old 10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Penny
Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello little friend.....

Glad you are here to see what I have been up to.....

I am trying to be patient with myself as I wait to have back surgery..........kinda the thing I could do without for now....but in order to keep moving each day I need some help on the side.........

I just keep moving forward with my program and doing what I need to for me.................................Little Penguin
Old 10-20-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

A cool day today and a nice time to curl up with your big book and work some of the steps you have left behind...........take time and work slow while in a quiet place.........

Take that early morning walk before others start moving around outside and the world really wakes up......I know it is a weekend and you would rather sleep......

This is your life in recovery and you need to make the best of it and get an early start with all that you need to do for you...........

Need a friend to hug........find a stuffed friend in the kids department or go to a second hand store and find one that was let go from someone else...........................I do this and find lots of cool friends to pass out to others after they have their bath and get lots of hugs from my little one...........

I am trying to make a difference in my recovery and passing it on to others and little kids as well..........Think about it .........The Holidays are coming and that extra friend is great to have....

Besides .........there is always someone in the program that needs lots of hugs from you as they may just be starting out themselves.....Reach out and touch another life.......show them you care and that the program isn't all that bad............

Be patient with yourself and know you are prayed for..............

Little Penguin
Old 10-20-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I think I should start those early morning walks...my dog sure would like that.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

That sounds good to me.....dogs love those early walks and then can relax the rest of the day or just drive up batty......

Have fun and enjoy...............

Today the wind was up pretty strong......more than usual and now there are fires around the area.......nasty ones............

I am going to get what I can done today.......and move on to other things that I keep putting off till tomarrow...............Never put off till tomarrow what needs to be done today................

I have a cat that needs attention and yet she will find my lap while I type this................they have a way with us no matter what.......

Stick to the program and do what is important to keep yourself here and now.......................Hang in there if you are having a down day................I say get out and get that walk in.....

Little Penguin
Old 10-24-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Today a difficult day with all the smoke and fires going on around here................but hanging in there the best we all can.........

Time to think about all God has given us each day......and not having much is also a blessing........................but a short prayer for those that have lost everything...........

I am grateful to have my program to keep me here and now no matter what happens.................I can always start over if need be.......the loss of personal items is nothing..........the main thing is to keep your mind and body going and just picking up and moving on to start re-building the most important thing.....

We all help each other out in such conditions........think about it....

My little one helps other kids by giving them toys they need after a fire disaster........................

But for the rest of us.....we just need to pass around the extra support and dig down deep in our heart to do for others..........sometimes just talking helps and the warm hugs..........

Work the steps and reach out and touch others in need today...........

Little Penguin
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Prays for everyone in California.

Barb
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

We need all the prayers we can get here in California......too many fires and now the winter is coming and I dread the mud slides..........

Please pray hard...........

Thinking that those early morning walks will come in handy and taking the dog with me and my little one will do us all some good..........We do need the peace of mind with all the fire problems around here.....

But keep the faith you all ..............God will be there to lend a hand to help with the Holidays coming up..................I know I am going to get some help and that is important..............We just make the best of what we have today and the rest will fall into place....

be patient and know that your program will also fall into place........when the hard times hit....it usuallly makes our life even more tighter with those we love and care about..........

Reach out and touch someone in need...................I have done that and I feel blessed each time I do that...............

For today I am thinking about the following......(shuffled the cards and picked the top one........) Step Tweleve...Sharing Together....(from the bible...John 15:5-15)

Something to think about today.......as I have passed on lots of toys, games, stuffed animals and so much more to help others less fortunite than me from all the fires here in California................

I thought about all the little ones and the Holidays coming.........I am thankful for what God has given me today.........I have a program and all the friends to help out when in need.................

Take time out to help someone near by.....work your program and know that God is there to help you when you need it.............

Little Penguin
Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Was thinking about the up coming holidays...........We all need to have faith in our program and find a way to think postive...............

Today is a start to map our your program and how to help others in the program......it helps us from getting wrapped up in our problems....

I have the "Reach out and touch some" thing always going on.....

This helps me with my own program and I think about all the things I did to get started in something I was afraid of starting........

When we first set foot in the door of recovery there is a fear of rush running through our body..........we have all been there......

Helping someone else takes that fear away.........and doing something during the Holidays brings a peace of mind and a thought that we can help out when others are in need........

I know the Holidays are tough ......but try to think about others................................and let God direct you .......

Work your program today the best you can and get that much need walk in to think about how you are going to change these next couple months.................

Little Penguin
Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Another day to accept what God has given us...........

Your program is important and you have lots to be thankful for.....keep moving forward and working the steps....

Picking a step from my pile of cards I made up for that purpose.......sort of a random draw to work on once you have gotten through all tweleve steps................

Pick of the day......and thought to think about today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Step One

No - Win Situations
(from the Bible......Genesis 16:1-15)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today I am thinking of taking on a project to help myself better my program...................you can do this if you want something different to do.......................may get you motivated for the Holidays coming up.......

Write down the steps and key words to go with them.......put these in a jar ................each day pick a paper from the jar and think about it as you go about your day........

In what way has this step worked for you since your recovery?

Have you worked that step to the best of your ability?

Have you let God be the direction in your life with this step in mind?

Have you done the best you can in your recovery?

Where are you today with your recovery?

Need to take time for extra improvement?

Just a few things to think about and really get down to working the steps over and over again..................This is your life......

I have lots to work on and it will go on forever..........This is my life.................

Little Penguin
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

The weekend is finally here and there is time to get busy on program stuff and work on other projects..................

Make a list and put Meetings at the top.......then go from there....

Turn those clocks back CALIFORNIA.....that time a year again.......

Think about all the times you have said that you will get to meetings and work harder on your program...........

Now is the time to make up for all the promises you make for yourself..........Stop putting off what you really need to do for your life and making it better...................

You only have one life..........make it worth while......don't worry about all the things that make it go down in the dumps..........You can boost it up by attending a meeting today and feel refreshed.....

Work the steps a little each day and call a friend and sponsor in the program.................Get in that walk in the early morning before others get up........take the dog with you and get some exercise.......

I am off to do the same .......Have fun and get your coffee when you return......Or take the coffee with you in that non spill mug.......

Love you all and will think about you today...............

Little Penguin