Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Early enough to get that walk in while it is still cool..........the morning coolness feels good and the day will get HOT I know....

Clean house time today while there is time this weekend......never enough time to do this ....but will take what I can get for the moment.........

Take time doing the Clean House stuff in your program......No hurry to get things done........One day at a time.....is how it is done for the moment.................

Find that comfortable place and just write........But first get your thoughts together...............get to a meeting and touch base with those you know and make new friends with those that are new.........

Get that cup of coffee and get moving on the steps.......this is your day to work all you can and reach out to others when you get stuck....

Having trouble staying in the now with your program?

We all have trouble and no one person is ever satisfied with the way each day goes..............Get to a meeting and touch base with someone and talk in the meeting to stress how you feel......

Lots of help to get started and that is good.......

Be sure you get some air outside and a walk in.....this does help to settle our mind before getting started...........just like watching kids play in a park or working hard at some game........

We are like kids trying to get our program off to a good start each day...............You will do fine.......Just be patient with yourself...........and know you are not alone....

Little Penguin
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Kids in school and time to do for yourself till they get home?

Nice idea to do for you and get your program peace....finally......You can do this and make wise use of your time..........Meeting times are wide open now OR NOT.....just be selective.....

Take that walk while you have the time to be alone......think about the steps and what you need to improve on and that you need to smooth out.........

Cleaning house isn't easy and yet you can do this ONE DAY AT A TIME...................Slow and easy does it......

Little Penguin
Old 08-23-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Today it is time to pay attention to the "Camel"........If you don't know this one you may want to pay attention for a moment......

Picture a Camel in your mind with the hump on his back..........................

The camel each day goes twice to his knees.....he picks up his load with the greatest of ease....He walks through the day with his head held high and stays for the day completly dry........

Thisk about it....especially when you think you need a drink for the wrong reason........................

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for today.....think about your needs to better your program....get to those much needed meetings and Clean your inner house........Work the steps one day at a time........

Doesn't matter how long it takes to work one step.........this is your life and you need to write all down in your time...........

But do the work.........find that peaceful place in the morning and at night.......You can do it for you.................I have confidence that you can............

Remember this is your life now and making sure you take care of yourself is the best thing ...............This is your program and no one elses............................................. ......

you are loved by fellow Recovery people and the Hugs are always there for you when needed...............................

Little Penguin
Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Having fun yet?

Sometimes working your program can be a bit challenging.....

This is ok and gets us motivated to work the steps which is part of cleaning the house of old stuff and moving in the new......

The new stuff is working the program and keeping up with it each day........sometimes you may think this is getting old.....NOT....

Working the steps helps to keep your inner house clean and gives that fresh look to move on............lets you make a difference in your life........

You can do this and make things better than they were.........Why stay in the pitty Pot.....it gets pretty ugly there and moving on looks much better...............

Work what you can today and get to those meetings for much needed break.................touch base with others and get the Hugs you need to keep moving forward..........

Little Penguin
Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Will find those dragonflies and take pictures.......But then again ....maybe paint some on my fav. chair that someone always wants to get rid of......NOT TODAY.....I need to paint something nice on it and keep sitting on it for today.............

Think about it........anyone can draw pictures.........maybe some of what you look like today and what you looked like when using......

Keep that journal going and write things out.......Pictures work for the journal..........................

Little Penguin
Old 08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Time for a little Clown to help you with recovery time.......You know how clowns like to goof off and make everyone laugh.....well you can invite this clown into your world by finding a "clown doll" to hang out with you......

I for one am making one since I can't find one anywhere.......still looking in little kid shops and such..........

But I was thinking of having one in my car to ride around with me or put it in my backpack for another type of ride while I walk from place to place........................

Some of us also have Teddy Bears that give Hugs.........I have one of those also and need lots of Hugs during the day.......when no one is around it is easy to pick up the Teddy Bear and get plenty of Hugs...........Clowns can do the same thing or just make us laugh when we need it most...................

Try this .......you can have fun in your recovery.........No reason to be down in the dumps all the time..........Or think you can't do your recovery alone..

You really are not alone........Think about it........God is there watching every move you make and wants you to do your best each day...........

Think of that Clown or Teddy Bear........They can be there for you as well.............Especially when no one else is...........

Clean House with your new buddy......by having him sit near by......Sometimes it is nice to have the company............and a good reminder that you are doing the best you can and that you are ok .....Just for today............One day at a time..........

Little Penguin
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi little penguin, I just wanted to say I love reading your thread. It's very inspirational to me.

Also I have a stuffed dog that I like to hug. My parents gave him to me years ago. He's kind of beat up now but still huggable.

Barb
Old 08-24-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Someone to talk to.....I love this......

Welcome .....and thanks for telling me you love to read my posts.....Glad there is someone around that responds and gets something useful out of what I say.....

A Huggable dog? How cute is that and nice to have a long time friend around for so long.......Keep Hugging your little friend...they always come in handy when you need that HUG....

I am always here if anyone wants to talk......I usually check back when I can and that is good................................

Keep coming back and know that visitors and messages are good......I need then often.........

Keep working the steps and cleaning that inner house......the spiders tend to take over ....so keep them out if you can...

Hugs coming to you and everyone today.......One day at a time......

Little Penguin
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Don't want to hear that you have no time to clean house and get you life in order ........

No excuses this time......heard too many of them the last couple days and you need to do better at working the program.....

This is your life and you promised to work at changing things for the better.....................You can do it .....

Ask God to help when things get tough......He is there to help.......

Be patient with yourself and get those walk in as much as you can.............Life is waiting for you....You just have to do the work..........................

Keep your chin up and keep moving forward................

One day at a time is all it takes...................just for today....

Little Penguin
Old 08-28-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I think it is time for that long morning walk in the woods to feel the wind on your face, see the wildlife, and hear the peace you don't often experience in your own life................

If there isn't much of a place to walk except a near by park....that will do for now........take it when there are few people and it is a time you need your morning coffee.......or in the late afternoon.....

I suggest the morning before you get to work......it will start your day with the peace you really need...............

Find that peace with God and pray for a peaceful day........God is there to help you with the difficult times in your recovery.......He will always be there for you when times get rough......Just don't forget that........

Take today slow and make time to work the steps and clean your inner house..........................Remember this is your program and no one else will work it for you.......

Get to some meetings today and talk about the tough times as well as the best times you have in your program...........

Little Penguin
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Need some fresh air....?

Get in that early morning walk before it gets too hot.........sometimes walking before the sun comes up is good........Walk the dog that early.....if you have one....

Think about all the work you need to get done with your program and then get busy writing and thanking God for the help He gives when you think He isn't there.............................

Keep up the good work and get to those meetings you promise yourself and then don't show up.........No excuses......Not today.........

You can work your program and feel confident to make progress.......ONE DAY AT A TIME..........

I will pray for you all today that you see the light in working your program and are able to pass advise on to other NEW COMERS......this is what we are here for..........................God gives us the chance to make changes in our life and then we must turn around and help someone else get started just as we did...........

Hang in there and know you are not alone................

Little Penguin
Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

A long weekend.........No time to think about what to do.......

Get Cleaning your house with the extra time on your hands....

Take that morning walk before it gets too hot.....

And hit some meetings with friends................There is always something to do with so many days off................

I find time to do all the things I tend to put aside....thinking I can get back to then later..................NOT.......

But getting to meetings on long weekends is good and keeps us busy with what we need to pay attention to..............rather than feeling sorry for ourselves.....

Not a good time to sit on the Pitty Pot............We have a program to work on for our life.............and make life better in the program...........

Keep coming back and know you are in the right place for now..........

Clean out all the spiders today and start working on the steps.......do it with ease and try to draw some pictures to go with them.......

Work on that God Box that so many people talk about..........this is a special box you can write notes to God......and so on...........

Take time for yourself today and know that you are not alone.....

Sending you all Hugs today.......................

Little Penguin
Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Have a nice memorial day weekend Little penguin.

Barb
Old 09-02-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Oh...I will have a wonderful weekend......Thanks ...

Been Hot here and trying to stay cool is going to be hard.....

But will work on reading the big book and the steps...........need to make the time while staying cool with little one...............

Sometimes when the days seem tough to get through I put on some quiet music and relax with my writing pad in hand and try to draw and write out what is going on.........it helps......

Another thing I do is work on a craft project to distract my mind and at the same time teach someone else.............

Then I put my Recovery thoughts into the project.....that is great.....

Well......must find a cool place to relax and check on any animals that may need to be cooled off............and patrol the backyard for any trouble that may have occured over night..................

Little Penguin
Old 09-03-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Having fun yet? if not you need a walk to make the start of your day interesting............get this done before the Heat comes ....

Take your time and look around and notice how others start their day..........and take not on how quiet it is if you are up before the sun rises or when it is still early and the area you live in is still asleep......

Then when you get home find a quiet place to write and work the steps.........

While doing this thank God for all the quiet time you had during your walk and to guide you through this step work.....

Next..... get to a meeting and check in with friends.......speak your mind at meetings when you have the moment.........

How is your day going so far....?

Have to get to work....?

Ok....But don't forget to remember that your program is important and to use your good judgment while working and greet others differently than the last time you were at work..........

Reach out and help someone ..........do something for others that have trouble getting started in their day..........God will reward you for this in due time.........

Spend your break time reading the BB and working the steps .......Go on another walk and spend some walking time outside........

Have a good day and know that you have loads of friends here at SR.....

Little Penguin
Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Depressed and can't seem to work on steps or get the energy to do much....?

Get moving and ask God to help and tell Him what is going on....

Then write your letter down and put it in your God Box....

Get to a meeting and talk to friends in recovery..........

You can do this..........................Life will carry on with or without you doing what you need to get out of the slump....

LIttle Penguin
Old 09-05-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

A good time to think about reading the BB cove to cover.......if you have already done this....Do It Again......and this time think twice about what you didn't notice before.........

Work the steps and get that early walk in if you can.......

Do more writing and think about all the progress you have made....

Get to some meetings in and know you are in good company.........Get all the Hugs you need to keep you going for the day....

See someone that needs a Hug .....go up to them and give them a good welcome.......................

Hang in there today and ask God to help in the difficult times.....

Little Penguin
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Another fine day to start off the week......Will be hot today and it is best to get started early for that walk.............

Get started early on the steps and then hit the meetings today.........

Having trouble getting started?

call a buddy to help out and meet them at a meeting................

Keep up the good work and keep up the cleaning as the spider webs will take over if you don't.................this is a daily process to clean your house..................you owe it to yourself.............

Little Penguin
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Missed one day here and that is ok.....

Back to work for all you that have done hardly nothing on your step work and such..............................You need to do something each day and keep up with your mind thoughts.....

Keep the faith and know that God is out there for you when you think he isn't....

Missing out on your friends? Get to meetings and find the friends you made there and make new ones to add to your circle of friends........................

Stay away from the old friends that got you in trouble.......

You are in recovery for a reason and need to keep the circle of Hugs going to keep the recovery road smooth............the mountain climbs may not seem too good ....but that is ok....you will have some rough spots along the way.......................Keep coming back......it works if you work it.............

Little Penguin
Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Feeling some set backs today?

Put your fears to rest and look to God for the comfort you need for the moment..........................He listens when those of us really need Him around.........

I have had many moments for God to be there for me.....and feared that I was being left in the dark when the answers didn't come right away......

Sometimes we need to find the answers ourselves and just get to meetings and ask for Hugs ........

Set the mode for yourself and turn the lights out.......find a candle and light it to create a peaceful setting for yourself.........

Make it a prayerful time and ask God to bring peace of mind.........with ideas to clear the air for the steps you need to work................

Cleaning house helps and gives us the moment we need to feel the freshness..........................

Get in a walk in the late afternoon before going to bed..............and again in the early morning.............

You will find the peace within and move on with your program......

Little Penguin