Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Time to take that much needed walk while the Holidays are here................Take a night walk and see all the Christmas lights.......But be sure to dress warm......It is cold out there.................

The lights are beautiful this time of the year........And while you take your walk think about how much you have accomplished through recovery..................God has blessed your life in recovery no matter how much time you have............

Life is the best in Recovery no matter how many ups and downs you may have...........Keep coming back and know you are in the right place just for today.............Take one day at a time with Recovery..........It will work for you......Just be patient.....................Know you have friends here that care.................Lots of HUGS TO ALL OF YOU...........

Little Penguin
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

12-Step Visit From St. Nicholas
T'was the night before Christmas When I went on a bender,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a bartender.
The empties were stacked by the chimney just fine,
In hopes that St. Nick would fill them with wine.
With Mama in her kerchief and I with my booze,
We'd just settled down for a long winter's snooze.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I put down my drink to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I crawled and then stumbled
To open the shutters where I stood and just mumbled.
Then what to my bloodshot eyes should there appear
But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer.

I thought it was DT's and needed help quick!
I didn't know it was only St. Nick.
I poured myself another as the reindeer came
While he shouted and called them by name:

"Now Barfly! Now Wino! Now Boozer and Rummy!
On Drunkard! On Alky! On Dipso and Dummy!"
So up to the housetop St. Nicholas flew
While I pulled the pop-top on another brew.

I trembled with fear when I heard a new sound--
Down the chimney came St. Nick with a bound.
His cheeks were like roses, he grinned like a possum,
His eyes, how they twinkled, his nose had rum-blossoms!

I offered him a drink, step up to the bar,
"Not today," he said, "I am now so-ber."
He had a clear face and a little beer belly,
That shook when he laughed like a bowl
full of jelly.

This was too much, it increased my thirst.
"Hold it!" said St. Nick, "First things first.
You don't have to drink, easy does it,
Now that wasn't too hard, was it?"

He reached in his sack and with a great fuss
He gave me the book "Alcoholics Anonymous."
"Read this 'Big Book' for a life sublime,
Follow the principles one day at a time.

"This is the best present I can give,
Twelve steps -- a new way to live.
The AA program keeps me sober, it's true."
Then giving a nod, up the chimney he flew.

Then I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight,
"You now have a choice, starting tonight.
So Merry Christmas to all and to all Season's Greetings,
Don't pick up that first drink, and go to AA meetings!"

Click Santa's Sleigh and Go To A Meeting!

Top of Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2001 - Transitions Daily - All rights reserved.

Transitions Daily is not Alcoholics Anonymous and is not intended to be a substitute for real live regular AA meetings.

Terms of Use and Disclaimer

has notified the sender that this message has been received.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank You izz4us for the 12 steps of St Nicholas...........Soooo neat and fits with all that goes on duing the Holidays................

Anyone Remember such a time?

Keep coming back to all you little elfs........Christmas is almost here and a stocking stuffer idea is an AA meeting schedule for that drunk that needs help......and an AA Big Book.................The small books fit the christmas stockings good....................Love you all and wish you a Very Merry Christmas..........................Little Penguin
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Reach out and touch someone this christmas........is there someone you know that needs help with drinking problems that tend to get out of hand during the holidays............?

Put a meeting schedule in their stocking and an AA Big Book (small size).............Add a note and gently tell them how much you care .........

You can do this to help the ones you love...........Give them a Hug and confront them head on.........Be gentle about the issue as you may remember How you were when you got into recovery........................One day at a time........One Hug at a time..........with a little gentle word of I care and love you enough to show you the door to Recovery..............

Little Penguin
Old 12-21-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stay warm everyone.......and Merry Christmas to all........

Don't forget to Clean House each day as a New year is coming upon us all....................Working the 12 steps is a daily Process and Recovery is important this time of month.......Holidays do tend to get us down and the important thing is to stay connected with your program.........

Think twice about that drink during Holiday parties......You have a choice to find something else to drink and I suggest you be wise with this choice..............

Need a friend to spend time with during the Holidays....?

Get to a meeting and know your friends are there waiting for you and have all the support you need to get through the days......Meetings this time of the year tend to be round the clock to help those in Recovery................Help a friend get their life together and show them the door to recovery......give them an AA Big Book for christmas...........
Hugs to everyone...............Little Penguin
Old 12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Another day to look forward to and accomplish all we need to look forward for the rest of our life.....Recovery is the best thing we have going for us today.......

Taking one day at a time has great meaning .....We can never do more than we can handle...........Be patient with yourself and know you will do well one step at a time...............Keep moving forward and know you are Huggable from all your friends in Recovery....................Smile ....God loves you and so do the rest of us in Recovery....................Have a wonderful day.....................Little Penguin
Old 12-21-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you, Little Penguin. Good night.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You are welcome Tam Tam......Love to see someone else here....I don't feel so alone now.................The is a good day and with the Holidays here I am comforted by all those here at SR.....

Merry Christmas to you all and to all a good night...........

Santa's Elfs are roaming around the neighborhood looking for all the good little people in Recovery.......Keep the faith and stay in the now with your program...............

Stick to the 12 steps and know you are in my thoughts........

Have a good night everyone and get to those meetings where your real friends hang out............You will find the comfort you need and lots of Hugs...................I am around and will leave the Hot Coco out for you.....I even Have Hot Coffee for all those that want some..........Cookies are plenty......

Little Penguin
Old 12-23-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

A good day to take a walk and see all the Christmas decorations..........Take a walk at night and see the lights.................Don't go alone.....Take a friend or go as a group with your Recovery friends..............Nice time of the year to be together and see all the Christmas stuff .....especially if you don't want to be alone...

No one likes to be alone for the Holidays..........Take notes and do some Clean House work as well.......Need to keep up with the 12 steps and your program..................Stay Clean and know you have friends in Recovery that truely care.........................Hugs and Christmas wishes to you all ..........Little Penguin.........
Old 12-24-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wanted To Wish You All A Very Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year.............................stay Sober And Clean........

You Are In The Right Place With Recovery........lots Of Hugs To You All......................keep Coming Back .....your Best Friends Are Here For You When Ever You Need Them............................little Penguin
Old 12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

The new year is almost here..........Hope you are having a very merry christmas today.................I am thinking about you all and know how important Recovery is.......get some meetings in today and spend time with family................Be good and stay sober today.................Recovery is important and so is your life...........................Love and hugs to you all.................Little Penguin
Old 12-26-2006, 08:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

New Year resolution starts today........Just remember you can only work on yourself and your stuff.........Recovery is first and foremost................Keep your feet in front of you and move forward.........................No back tracking except when working the steps....................Clean house to prepare for the New Year....................You can do it and I am praying that God gives you all the strength to carry on with your life........................You are doing good and sometimes we all need that little push to keep going in our program.........

You are there with you foot in the door......if you fall back and need that little push just try again..........God is there to help...........so are all the friends you have in Recovery......................Keep up the good work..............................Keep coming back.........

Hugs to you all..............................Little Penguin
Old 12-26-2006, 08:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Another day to sit back and reflect on........

What was different today that didn't get accomplished ???

What changes can I make to better tomarrow?

What went wrong with my program that I need to change and better myself....?

Have I gotten farther in everything today that Didn't get done the day before????

How many times did I climb the mountain and not fall....?

Have I gotten through the steps peacefully today making progress from other days?

Did I beat myself up for not doing so well today???

Or did I give myself credit for a day well done to the best of my ability?

........Look to today as accomplished the best you could......tomarrow will take care of itself..............No time to beat oneself up for missed things........You are a good person and have lots to accomplish in your program.................................Keep up the good work and know that God is watching over you.........

Recovery is important in your life and needs your most important attention each day........remember to clean house and pick your self up when you fall...................It takes time to get where you need to be in your program............you will make it .....just be patient with yourself.......

Rest tonight and start over tomarrow..........get to meetings and know you are doing the best you can just for today............................Love you all........Little Penguin
Old 12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Today you are getting closer to New Years......this is a time to get to lots of meetings and find a close friend to sit next to...................Stay in the now and keep your thoughts on Recovery....................this is your life and the new year is approaching...........Clean house and keep your mind clean from your addiction.....................Say NO to doing the old habits again.............it is so tempting when the new year approaches....................Work the steps and keep in touch with others in Recovery...........You can do it.......

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

The New Year is just around the corner........Have things to do and Clean House is one of them......This will help me to prepare for the New Year..........................Just think about it a while........

Work the steps and keep moving forward........

Meetings are on going during this time for all us......and you need to hit a few while you can..............stay in the now and no back tracking ............you have lots of good friends in the program and here at SR............

I will pray for all you that have trouble staying in the now........................If you have been lost and wantering off in the wrong direction now is the time to start New Years off right.................GET TO MEETINGS AND GET RECONNECTED WITH RECOVERY....................This is you lucky day.......you can do it and Recovery is very a good place to start...........................Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Having trouble staying in the now with your program?????

Most of us are when the New Year comes....and all our friends that were our friends start to party for New Years Eve........................Stay attentive....and know that your recovery is more important that going out and having fun with those that really don't know how to party right.......................

The right way to party is to be safe and sane......NO DRUGS / NO ALCOHOL........that is the right way to party............this is the best way to go and not get involved ...........YOU CAN DO IT AND SO CAN YOUR FRIENDS.........................GET TO MEETINGS AND KNOW THAT THESE PEOPLE AT THE MEETINGS ARE YOUR REAL FRIENDS..........................Keep coming back and know you are always in the right place.....................Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 03:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just hours to go now before that New Year ball falls in the right direction..............That direction is straight to Recovery for us here at SR........We are on the right track and others will follow.........................

Keep up the good work everyone and know you are in the right place to keep your life in line................Keep walking forward............Hugs are waiting for you all in Recovery ..................One step at a time...............
Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Little Penguin!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Tam Tam.....glad you stopped by to say hello.....

Always nice to have someone to talk to this lovely day......

Time to get busy with cleaning house.......the clock is running out of time before the New Year Ball falls................then we will be in 2007........

Get that paper and pencil out and find a nice quiet place to relax...........Go on a walk and smell the air....hoping it is fresh enough .........................Take that mountain climb into recovery and find your way to the top.....You can do it and know that each step is never like the last...........You will come across some difficult holes you may not get out of without help.........................That is ok and means you need some meetings..........Hugs and more from others in recovery......

Get to some meetings today and set your feet in the right direction for the new year.........................Love you all and will be here if you need someone to talk to............

HAPPY NEW YEAR.......

Little Penguin.................
Old 12-31-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Ok.....less than 8 hours to go for New Years......and I am counting the time down............

What a year this has been................Good time to think about all that Recovery has done for you and how far you have gotten on the 12 steps............................Keep up the good work and know you are not alone in making progress.....................One step at a time...............................Little Penguin