Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Christmas is over and yet the parties are still around for the New Year that is just around the corner...............

I stay busy looking forward for the new year to celebrate my special AA birthday........this is my time to remember when I came into this program for the rest of my life..............

It was the best thing I did for myself and I am proud to be here.......

This is where my life started and I was just on my way to a better life one day at a time...................I was impatient and afraid of each new day in the program in recovery.............I was hoping for a instant help and then wanting to get on my way to move forward with what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.....................thinking I would be ok and do without the meetings and uneasy feeling I was getting at meetings........

But like everyone else.......I found that I needed the meetings and the talking I found........I needed the step work and other things that went on ..........and that this was a life long process for the rest of my life............................God was there for me , but I needed to do the work myself ...............I needed to continue to pray each day for the peace within myself and help to get through each meeting.........

Keep coming back and know you are here for a reason.........this program in recovery will not happen over night.........It takes One day at a time............One moment at a time.................

Little Penguin
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Finally put my story into print with SR........and still look back at it with some mistakes in print.....but who is looking at that..........

The point is that I did write it and got my story down to a simple form...............We all have stories to tell about our recovery.......I was judged too much in the past to feel comfortable about telling it...

Today I feel good and pray that my friends will not turn away from me......I have a lot to offer and know other religious that have a story to tell.............they too have been there as I have..........but some are still living the Religious life with their secret of drinking problems...............

Was told I could have stayed with out getting the help......I don't think so......................

I cleaned House in the way I thought was best for me without being judged by other religious.......I needed the peace of mind to do what I thoutght was best for me....................and working the steps in a peaceful way....

I had a tough climb up the mountain and I fell one too many times as most in recovery do........ I am still here doing what I need to for my recovery................the years behind me make me stronger.......I have my ups and downs as someone that is just getting started......That is par for the course........

Hang in there and know that this life will drag you in many directions..........But the important thing is that you are here trying to make a difference for yourself......................Keep up the good work.......

Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Looking back at my story......what mistakes I made and yet I am a recovered Alcoholic just like the rest of you................I did the best I could and kept it simple......to the point and yet forgot to put my soberiety date on it...........Oh well.........No problem........you can look it up in my profile if you wish................

So many ideas to keep my program going and yet.....I am here for the same reasons you all are..................One day at a time is all it takes and is all I want to do just for today..........

I rely on God to help me get through each day and to show me the light for the next when it gets dark...............yes.......I don't like the dark and need that light to help me each step of the way...............

Keep moving forward and know God will not let you fall if you listen to Him closely......................Your program is important and One step at a time is all it takes..............You can do this ..........I have done it and keep doing it each day...........We all have our faults and the program keeps us going if you want it that much...........

I am here today to keep cleaning my inner house and it really works...........the spiders try to take over and yet I keep them away....I fight them for my space..........I like my little space clean and free of the muck.........

Hang in there if you still have some trouble spots.........I have some areas that are not super clean.....and I am still working on them after how many years now..............Wow.............I keep coming back each day .......each moment................

Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I posted above for the moment and now I have an idea......I am going to try to work on my years of recovery in stitches......Yes....stitches and see how far I can get.................this is a project I want to try and get done ....ONE STEP AT A TIME........one moment at a time..........

Lots of years have gone by for me in this program and I needed something new to work on as I keep going in Recovery................

What a project...............but so is working the steps each day and trying to stay in the now with all recovery has to offer.........

Each square of a quilt has a story and this is my project to try to work on One day at a time.............putting in what my heart has to offer from my program................What a story this will have to offer in the years to come when done..................The thought is there and I will do what I can while keeping peace with myself.........and Ask God to help me out each step of the way.....

For today I will go for a walk to think and pray about all this.........I need the time and space to think about the project I am will to take on for my recovery life...................I have meet so many people in the program and they hold a place in my heart ....especially those that have passed on to a better life................

Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Back for the moment and wishing that all were different in my little world................

Praying that the light will change for a better outlook.........guess this little angel is depressed for the day..........

Thought there was a bright light for today and found that lots can happen when you least expect............

God , where are you when life seems so dull...........I need a special thought for the day..........and a walk to clear the air........and thoughts for the moment.................

My little body is tired for the moment and depression is not what I need...........A new year is coming and I pray for better things ........more like a bright future and less depression to look at..........

I need change in my life and a recovery program that has a better outlook for my life...................Guess we all look for that and something to look forward to................

I am here for the moment and just hit a bad time in the day to get back on line..............................

Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

thinking about having a settled night with little to worry about.....

was upset most of the day and thinking bad......but I am back and trying to settle down..............the best thing to do in Recovery..... forgive and forget.........

Work the steps and pray for a better day tomarrow................God is listening when you think He has dropped you for someone better.......

Think you are not doing well with your program.....? Get to a meeting and check in with your sponsor..........get lots of Hugs and get that much needed coffee............

Talk in the meeting and let off some steam............listen to what others have to say and take mental notes...........then go home and write your thoughts mentally and work your own program before going to bed tonight...................You can do this and have a peaceful night.......

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Ok.....I find I need to cool off and take that early morning walk..........I need to clear the air within myself.........and get going on my recovery.................................

Today I will make more sense of what I need to do for me and see the light at the end of the walk way.................I need to ask God for that extra help today..............

I am in pain with my back and I am snapping out at everyone........NOT GOOD......................

A meeting will do me some good and to think about the steps at the same time.........................This is my life and I need to find ways to make it better than it is today............or yesturday..........

Make time to Clean House and know you are watched by an understanding God ...............He has reasons for all the upsets and for giving challenges to us all...............each day is different....

I have my challenge for the day and need to deal with it in my program......I can do this and with God behind me WE WILL WORK TOGETHER..........it can be done..........

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Taking that much needed walk and to think about my life in recovery.......

need the time out and some fresh air to clear the air within............

Cleaning House is no easy chore.........it takes too much sweat and something tells me that this isn't the first time it was so tough.....

Think about that God Box and how much we all need that on the tough days.....there is room for more in the box.......Get busy and work on fixing the box for the New Year..............make it special and see you in the new year with a fresh start ...........Recovery is your life......We all need to look at each New Year as another start to a better life...................

Little Penguin
Old 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

The count down has started for me...........We have less than 10 hours to the New Year in the USA......................Keep the faith everyone......

and work on those new year resolutions......I have mine in mind....What about you........?

Clean house before the clock runs out.........I am making a list for the new year and working on a new God Box....with that little angel in it...so many neat ideas.................

Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE........

I am here once again for another beautiful year..............

I celebrate 22 years in AA and am proud to be part of it no matter what...........SR has forgotten ...........I am here one day at a time to help and get help .............

Cleaning house today no matter how cold it is outside.........walk for the am and notice how many have got drunk for the new year.........

Keep up the good work and get to those meetings today...........there is a meeting for you no matter what day it is........The coffee is there for you as well as the Hugs and discussions much needed............

Listen to what others have to say and jump in yourself.........get out any upset you may have.......................it feels good.......

Today I am a human being that has feelings just like you all...........I have my AA recovery program today and it counts each day........I came and stayed for so long .....I am grateful to be part of Recovery............

HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY TO ME TODAY..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thinking my New Year has already gone the wrong direction.......

But for the moment I will not give up on my program........God is looking after me and that is good for now.............

I have confidence that the next day will look better........for now I can do what is best one day at a time and look for some meetings to make all brighter...........................sort of quiet here at SR and wondering if the calander is totally off in my case................I think so.....

Working on the God Boxes today and got some supplies to do that and other neat things.......................Have a program to work on today and a few resentments....................Thank you Lord for lending me a hand..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Doing lots of Clean House today and thinking about what I need to work on in my step study........

Seems no matter what year it is there is always something to work on................

Thinking about resentments and such for the moment.....will work on that God Box and get some notes done for it..............

Have a walk to do so I can clear the air within me.......I need the thinking time alone........

When I thought I could celebrate another year for me it just didn't happen.......seems others were not in the mood..............guess when at a meeting they tend to slack off as well............

I will have to find another meeting to get to and that isn't easy since meetings are few in this area.........and gas prices keep going up in this mountain community more so than other areas where the big cities are.....................

I will think positive for today and thank God for what I do have here at SR......

Keep coming back here and know that there are loads of friends willing to listen.......

Work the steps and clean that inner house.....it works if you work at it each day.................

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Congrats on 22 years of sobriety XP... what a huge accomplishment!8
Old 01-02-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I was thinking about all those that still suffer today...........hang in there and know you are not alone......

God is still watching over you................

I have seen someone close still suffer and this has been going on for sometime.............the struggles are tough to watch and yet I never give up on this person....

I have tried to talk and suggest meetings......yet I feel ignored many times or get the excuses .........this is normal and yet we all feel for those that have a tougher time than us........

I pray for this person and all you out there that just can't get a grip on recovery...........................

For today I work on my program and pray that what I do will rub off on others..............I set an example to the one close to me and never give up........I don't want to break my program or I will feel real sorry for myself and would not want to live for anyone.......

One day at a time........one moment at a time..........You can do it .....God will give you the strength to carry on......I have it and it feels good each minute of my day...........

This program really works if you work the steps and read the Big Book....

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats. Reubena......glad you are here today.........

I am doing what I need to get through each day.........and with rain in the forecast I am staying in and working on my program and other things.....

Cleaning my inner house keeps me going.............and for the new year I have wanted to get going on this quilt of my recovery..........

Not sure How I will do it.....but God will help me through the difficult stuff.................will draw out a plan first and go from there.....

22 years in this program....? I have gotten someplace in my life.....am proud of it and looking back at my story.......I have gotten someplace for someone with my past..........But who is looking at that.......

The Tough Mountain Climb is what got me here and I still have tough days just like anyone else....................

Hugs to all that still suffer today........Keep coming back.....you are in the right place .......................someone here does care.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

So much rain coming this way..........but no worry ......I can still get that walk in for the moment......

My climb to a better recovery is moving forward..........Yea....

Having a difficult time now that the new year has started....?

No worry.....You can do this one day at a time.......keep coming back and get to those meetings.........

Use those phone numbers you have.....if you don't have any....get some....

I am working on my recovery by coming up with some ideas about doing a quilt ......what a project along with making another God Box.......

You can do this as well............for those that want a simple project.....find a box and make your own God Box.........put in those resentments and more on pieces of paper and let God take care of the rest........

Have fun with this.................

The Quilt of Recovery is more difficult.......for those that love to sew....by hand mostly.........think about what you are going to put on this material......................Not an easy thing.........but I am willing to think of some way to express myself on material through the difficult days of getting into recovery and what it is like today with so many years behind me...........................What an Order......What a Project......................I can do this if I put my mind to it....One day at a time......................

Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Too windy for that morning walk......that is ok as I have a place to go and get in my quiet time for the day................

Thinking about the 12 steps and what I need to do for me........some are tough and need more work.....that is ok...

Working on more in my program and searching for that challenge to give me more to look at in my program..................I am here for today and praying for new insight......

Stay in the now and you will keep your feet on the ground........

Keep coming back and know that your friends are here when you need to talk or let steam off.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Making the most of my recovery and having fun at the same time............

This is what our new life is all about today........as we take one little step at a time for the moment.....................

Keep coming back and know that you are here for a reason.....

God has plans for us all and He will not walk all over us and let us sit in the mud puddle............I believe in miracles and this program is one of them.....If you were still doing the bad stuff out in the nasty world and not sitting in a meeting I am praying for you.......

Have faith and know that the meetings hold the answer to what your problem is today.......think about it......there is something at meetings in this program just for you to listen to........

I have heard lots and know that I have picked up bits and pieces from listening and giving my two cents to meetings...........Take time to think about it and what others have to say......

Hugs are always around if you don't hear that special message you need to keep going for the day.....................Read the BB and find what you missed out on ......or talk to a friend after a meeting and touch base with what may be bothering you.....................

There is an answer for you today...........reach out and touch someone....

Smile ............ and know you have friends here at SR...........there is a place for you.....................today and every day......

Little Penguin
Old 01-05-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

The day is over in this part of California and I am praying for all of you that are just getting up......

Keep a positive mind no matter what time it is.......

Remember that your program needs to remain first before starting your day and attention payed before going to bed..........read some pages in your BB before going to bed and thank God for all you learned today......

You may need to ask God to help you with any problems that come up during the day and be patient for some answers.................

One day at a time for this program is important...........You can do this........

Little Penguin
Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Today there is need for patience and peace of mind ......... each day is difficult no matter how we feel................ We think that the day or week is going well and we are more than on the road to recovery....

Well......there are moments we have when that just hits bottom for us and we think that we have blown the program for ourselves..............

This is life in recovery and the ups and downs will always be there.......Ok....some people that have been in the program say that they no longer need the program and their life is so much better...........Wrong.........they have little problems that still haunt them and admitting it is hard...............Because you want others to think you are well enough to do without your recovery program..........

This is your life and you need to keep in touch with your thoughts and work your program each minute of your day................

Keep moving forward and touch base with your sponsor.........work the steps and make time for your program stuff when you get up in the morning and when you go to bed at night...................

God is there to listen to your thoughts and help you during the day and when you sleep at night......................

I came across the following......."Don't ever doubt the things from God. You never should say that He has forgotten or abandoned you. Don't ever think that He does not take care of you. Remember that He is always holding you with His right hand......" Is. 41:13

Someone gave this to me to think about as I was having a difficult time.....it helped and glad I took the time to sit and read it......I was getting a bit impatient with myself and the way my program was going............I have loads of years in recovery and yet still have moments.....
Little Penguin