Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Welcome back little Kat.....missed you and I did pray that you would come back when you were ready..........

Today I am Praying for all those still having a rough time finding themselves in their program.........

It isn't easy staying in recovery and making you life of this.....

But those of us that do the work and keep it going for the rest of our lives are helping the newcomers that need that little extra boost to keep going ............

Clean house today as think of what you haven't done in your program that will make a difference for you............

Have a good day and know that you are special...........Hang in there ..... this program really works if you work it......

Little Penguin
Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

The day is almost over and time to think about the day and what has been done to improve any part of your program......

Write down the goals set for the day and things that need more work...

Keep track of the things that you didn't get done and try again tomarrow....

Need a Hug? you have one from me today....

Time to get going and finish the last minute Cleaning that needs work before the day is over..................

Little Penguin
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

The day is cold and yet there is much to do.....

Work the steps and make more progress than the day before....... there is also time for the meetings where you can get loads of info for yourself and some extra help you need... There may be something you are stuck on in working the steps.. Someone may have the answer for you when you listen to others talk about how they are doing with their program.......

Think about it and touch base with those that you know in the program......

Work on that God Box that you may keep putting off.... this is a good thing that helps us through the day .... Don't have one... Work on it and you will find peace of mind.........

God has a way of helping us when we think all is lost...... This is why cleaning house is so important in your program in recovery....

Make a list and start from there to keep your day and your program going...............

Little Penguin
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Nothing to do today? Find the AA Big Book and start reading it from cover to cover...........

You can do this and see how far you get today...........

Get going on Cleaning House as the spider Webs are getting out of hand..........

Find some paper and write for a few minutes.... maybe draw something to go with your writing..... you may be surprised to see what you come up with..........

touch base with your sponsor if you haven't in a few days or so.....

Give a new member a Hug and let them know that they are in the right place at this time................

Little Penguin
Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Today when you get the time ..... Thank God for bringing you this far in your program .....

look back at the first day you stepped into recovery and where you were in your mind...............

See the changes you made since then?

What can you change today that you neglected then?

Think about taking that mountain climb today and map out your program in a way that you never did before................. This means to take note of the ups and downs that you have had along the way..........

Are you really doing better ?

Hang in there today and know there is a God of understanding....... You will make it through the day...........

Take time to make a difference for someone else who is still struggling..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by expenguin View Post

Work on that God Box that you may keep putting off.... this is a good thing that helps us through the day .... Don't have one... Work on it and you will find peace of mind.........

God has a way of helping us when we think all is lost...... This is why cleaning house is so important in your program in recovery....
Penguin, u have so many wonderful quotes and such... Mind elaborating on the above for a newbie? So much of AA is familiar from my al-anon work. I've kept as far away as possible from the AA, though, for reasons I cannot yet understand...
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I am happy to help in all walks of life..............

You can work on the God Box for yourself it may help in areas that you thought were lost....... give it a try.....

The God Box is for everyone.... Not just Newcomers.... but for also those that forgot about the box from way back and for those that are just getting started in any type of program..............

All you have to do is follow the following to put on top of a box of your choice................. :

When you have a problem and you can't seem to pray,
Write me a note and tell me what you want to say.
Put the note in the box and go about your day
I'll take care of the problem for you.
I always find a way.

Love , God

The God Box is to get rid of resentments, extra baggage and much more....

This isn't just for AA .... this is for any of you that need extra help from God to make your life easier to handle..........

If you feel you are at the end of your rope and need some other direction this God Box is a start to help you through the day.........

Find a picture of yourself when you were younger to put on the box.... if no picture ...maybe you can draw something for your own self to see each time you put a note in the box...........

You can also use a jar with lid or some other kind of container.....

I made one God Box lately and did some drawings of angels and stars on it................... kind of made it special.......

Good luck.... and know I am praying for you.

Little Penguin
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Loads of rain today with this storm in California......more rain than we all need.....they say 1/2 inch in one hour is what we are getting in my area.........

For today the thinking is inside and no walking......... That is ok and not to feel stuck inside the house and stuck inside yourself.......

Finding a recovery book to read and work the steps is good..... I find it relaxing and then add more Cleaning of my inner house to the pile......

Relax if you are up tight and think you are just not getting into your program..... you will make it one day at a time.... Take each minute as it comes and if you need patience ask God .... He will help you and this would be a good time to finish that God Box...

Hang in there and know that you can get through today.... Listen to what others in the program have to say to you .... and take time to tell your story and what is bothering you.........

Little Penguin
Old 01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Time to read some recovery stuff and get moving on the rest of the program............

Make time for your stuff and get off to a meeting that will help you close the day.

Hugs for you all..............................Little Penguin
Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

A good time to really work hard on the recovery stuff and clean the mind of stuff that has been bottled up so long.......

The sloppy days don't always make it easy and yet We can just get out and enjoy all this snow that is coming down in your area........if you have any.................

I am going to walk in the cold and rain for today and think about my program to the best of my ability..... heading to the AA main office if the Rain holds off a bit...

Hard when the streets are flooded and no one can crosss....

Do your best today and know you are not alone..........

Clean house and Talk to God before getting started.... He is there for you........Just let Him know what is on your mind and the rest is up to Him......

Hugs reaching all those that need one today....

Little Penguin
Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Find a new book to read with all the other books you have going?

Sometimes it is good to find something else to distrack your mind.....on a rainy day and such......

First "Clean House" within and write down the steps you haven't done today...... get moving and finish what you started........

You can do this and move forward...

Find that Teddy Bear to make your life special each day and get the Hugs you need at the same time? Take time out to do that and kick back and relax at the end of the day...........

Stick to your program and know you are not alone in this..........

Little Penguin
Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

The morning is getting a bit tough and this means time needs to be made in working the steps more .....

The wind and rain is getting to me and scary for the moment......... need some Hugs and this is where my Teddy comes in handy while working.........

I can do this and so can you..............Clean House within and know that God is there directing you and me................

Stick to the program for the moment and your day will work itself.......

Get to some meetings and let off some steam..... Or just sit and listen to what others have to say today........ sometimes what others say can help more than you think...

Then go home and read your BB or recovery books you have..... take notes and write your thoughts about what you read.

Get in a nap if you feel run down....... it is ok.... No one is going to judge you for getting some rest................

Little Penguin
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

A Weekend to relax and get more recovery meetings and other stuff done............

Take the time and make the most of it.... this is your life and making the most of your new chance is best........

Take it one moment at a time and think about what others say at the meetings............. Then get your chance to say how things are going and if you have any difficult areas that need to be ironed out......

Those in the meetings are there to help you.... don't think they don't understand... They do and this is your support group ..... You may not get this kind of support at home............

Keep up with cleaning your inner house and work the steps..........

Thank God for the extra lift today and read your recovery book......this is important..................

Take time for that much needed walk..... best to get out and get that much needed exercise at the same time........this will clear the air in your head and bring some sort of peace without someone else bothering you on the phone........................ think about it..........NO PHONES, NO TV.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-26-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Trying to do for others and then yourself.........

Be careful and not to over do for others or you will run yourself down and then here comes the self Pitty....... Space yourself and know you have to take care of yourself first.....

Did for someone today and now another person asking for help.....

I am making time for me and to work on my program stuff that I tend to forget when others abuse my help................I get tired in the end and then forget about my work..............

Work for yourself today and Ask God for that little help that will boost your strength to move forward and get to those much needed meetings as well..................

Take things slow and think about all you need to do for you today......

Make that list if it helps and cross things off once done....it really works and I use it all the time................

Clean House and feel good that you accomplished something today.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

The day is about over and it is time to get on your knees and thank God for all he has allowed you to do today in your program work...........

Use the Serenity Prayer as one of your prayers before going to bed.....

Thank God for the patience you had today, if any and for allowing you to see what you need to do better tomarrow...........

If you don't get all done today there is always another day.....

Take time and get a good nights rest..... Read a little before and think about what you have read while following to sleep......How can you make tomarrow different than today?

Little Penguin
Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Flustered, feeling trapped and more than that?

Even the Rain , floods and snow are not helping in California.......Plus all the extremely High winds........ makes you feel like your house is going to go........

One way to thank God for Recovery and try to keep it all together at the same time................ Sure is testing my Recovery.........

Times like this when I want to just give in and some of you may feel the same..........

Patience with your program and lots of Serenity Prayers.............

NO WALK TODAY WITH ALL THIS BAD RAIN AND MORE SO............

Loads of time to sit, read and write the program....... working the steps and more so............ and have family time doing some fun stuff and making cookies................ Then there are the craft projects to get ready for Valentines Day coming up...........

Keep the faith and know you are doing the best thing by checking in at SR...........One day at a time...............

Put a Prayer Request or some message in your God Box today and let God take care of any issues you may have.......... you will feel the weight lifted from you.....................

Little Penguin
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Need the break where I can relax my mind and keep this program going smooth................

Thinking of that much needed walk to clear the air...... This helps all of us and it gives us a look at the outside around us when we used to just not really notice................... seems when drunk you don't always take note of the world around you..... OR WHEN DOING DRUGS..... it is all the same.........

Today take note of the world around you and what others are doing..... what the kids are doing by having fun.... Have you missed out on something in your own life....?

Are there changes you can make to feel better about your own life...?

Still having some trouble....?

Then get to some meetings, touch base with others in the program......and get your life going....

Hug that Teddy Bear and tell him what you need to do today with your program................Get going and don't feel sorry for yourself..... No time to do that today...............

Get that much needed cup of coffee or tea and get that walk in......

YOU NEED FRESH AIR......... CLEAR THE AIR.......... and do some writing when you come back.... Find that quiet place to read and write.

Little Penguin
Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Difficult people getting the most of you when you really need to think about your recovery?

Get to a meeting or more today and that will help let the steam out...... Talk to someone ...... and share at the meetings......

Go home and write , work the steps and get in that much needed walk to clear the air for yourself................ think about What God wants you to do in your Program.....

Work on what you keep avoiding for so long.... No time to put off all the important things in your program..

This is your life and cleaning your house is important especially when someone likes to get the most of you........... They need a life and a program for sure......... BUT WHO AM I TO SAY THAT OR YOU FOR THAT MATTER.......

All we can do for others is pray for them that they see the light of Recovery so they get their own help.......

Today I am to do for me and only me.......God is watching over me when I get out of line................ Then it is up to me to fix my own problems and own up to them............... I have to in order to stay on the road to recovery...........

Little Penguin
Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Praying for a peaceful day without difficult people bothering me.............

God has a way of making our life what it needs to be........ even though we want different.....

This is where Cleaning our house is important and working the steps.........

We can get bottled up with so much trouble around us that our program may tend to suffer................. Keep moving forward and get to those meetings that will settle you when you need it most..........

Today is your day to work on you and your ups and downs............. forget what trouble others may cause.... They have big problems and need to take the trouble somewhere else............

One moment at a time and deep breaths for now............... We can do this program and do it in peace ......

Need peace of mind to carry on................

Need God to hold me tight when things seem out of control..............and I feel like falling apart........ and giving in to the one thing that was given up for Recovery.......

Please Lord, Help me find the peace I need to keep my life going in my program............Goals have been set and now the difficult people are trying to take control.....I will not let this happen .....but I need your help a bit......

For today I am here and looking to work this program extra hard...... and catch some meetings to keep the peace within my mind.........can't worry about what other think about me.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Decided to take my own inventory today and see where I stand..... Lots of questions to answer for self and that is good.......

Time to be accountable for what I neglected as well.....

Life may seem complicated at times and then it can't....

Ever have one of those moments when you wish life were easier with recovery?

We all do and that is ok...................meetings can help when things just don't go so well..............and yet lots of Hugs are always there when the moment is right........

Take time for yourself today and get those Hugs before meetings and after............

Do something special for yourself today..... you need to ....once in a while.........

Little Penguin