Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Had your walk in today....?

I am going to get mine in now that it is cooling off a bit......and think about all the things I want to change about my recovery..........I need to make a list and change things for the better........................Need to do lots different to make each day count ......Just for me and not others........

Yes....this is your program and you need to keep pace with yourself.....touch in with your mind and God......take that reality check and see where you stand with yourself...............and what is suppose to be your recovery....................

Then get to a meeting and talk your little head off about what changes you need to make to become better with your inner self................This is your life and no one else can find where you need to be at the moment except YOU...................

Little Penguin
Old 07-12-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

The summer has gone by fast and we all tend to forget what recovery has to offer ............our program tends to get neglected and that is not good.........

Take time today and review all you have accomplished.....Now look at all the things you need to get moving on....

Look like you forgot something important today....?

Work the steps and get to some meetings......find a friend in recovery that may need an extra hand............

Get in a walk today and think about all the program has to offer you.....and think about what you have done on the steps to better yourself.................

Have a good day and keep coming back.....it really works if you work it...............
Little Penguin
Old 07-17-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Where has the summer gone....? Feel like the days have gone by without notice?

I feel like time has gone by and not much time done on my steps............Time to buckle down and get things rolling.

Having a tough time getting things started each day? You are not alone...........ONE DAY AT A TIME IS ALL IT TAKES.......

You can do this just I have each day...............Ok....the fog has you down and you would rather stay sleeping.......No time to sleep when all your recovery friends are sitting in a meeting with a cup of Hot coffe to stay warm........................Get up and get moving..................................Little Penguin
Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

The day seems cool enough to get that walk in........Up the mountain we go to Clean house.........find a spot that is good for you to sit and write .........work the steps and get moving on your program....

You can do this .....and stop thinking You need to do it...........No time to waist ......Recovery is an important part of your life.........Start today and get off the pitty pot........I know you keep thinking there are more important things to do besides recovery.......

This is your life and OK....your summer is busy with many other things.................BUT this doesn't mean your summer vacation can't include Recovery.................When taking a trip take your recovery books with you and work the steps during the down times......................I find when others are still asleep in the morning there is ample time to write..

Give it a shot and know you are not alone......................

Little Penguin
Old 07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Spent time in San Francisco lately ............went to Alcatraz to experience the BIG ISLAND.........what a trip that was and to know that if you were in trouble with the law for just drinking you landed up here way back when.............................WOW.............

I had the time to think about what when on there and at the same time enjoyed the walk..................History was made on the Island and just seems like yesturday.............The big escape........

Had a chance to clean house for myself after that visit and while waiting for the boat to pick us up for the return trip to SF I thought about a great deal..............................

Life is short for some of us and recovery is the next step into our lives to stay out of jail....................think about it..........Alcatraz......sure gave a different aspect to life for me and will for the rest of you..............

How would you feel being stuck on an Island in this big jail.....just because you couldn't get past the Drunk YOU........and put so many in danger from your drinking..................This doesn't have to be the answer to life.............................Recovery is the real answer to a better life for all of us..........................

You are in the right place .......Keep coming back and work the steps..................................You owe it to yourself to better you..........

Little Penguin
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Looking to clean house with the silence of my house.................

You can do the same and touch base with those in recovery for extra support........................

Having a bit of trouble ? Hang in there and know you are not alone.........

Keep coming back and know you are in the right place just for today............................Pray and ask God for that extra help you need to fininsh your work.............He does listen.......

Little Penguin
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Need Hugs and lots of them........that is what this program is for besides getting off on the right foot to better your life and self............You can do the work and the steps will work One Day At A Time...............

Look at all you have set out on the table for your step work and start working on it..............Now is a good time to think about all those you have hurt and what you need to do to fix the problems you have caused...................You can do it .........You have the faith to move forward............

This is your life and your program....................do what is right...............and take that first step to a better life....................Clean house and know that lots will be lifted off your shoulders...............................

Little Penguin
Old 07-24-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Time for a fresh start if you have started over with your program.................Not to worry about starting over.....You are loved no matter what....

Take time with the steps and look over what you need to do from there..........and Clean House from the inside out.........You can do this and I am here to support you just like others are as well.......

The mountain climb may seem rough and that is ok.....I have confidence that you can do this....................don't worry if you fall....just pick yourself up and get moving.................

This is a day to ask God for that extra help in getting through the day.............He is there for you as well and is watching over you carefully...........................

Keep coming back and take it One step at a time ....Just for today..........................

Little Penguin
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Another day another time to take account for all we need to keep our program going.......................

For all of you that have been out of the program this is a good time to think back about what took you away and what you need to do to stay put.....................but do we really know what the next day will bring? NOT a clue.........so stay in the now and work the steps to the best of your ability..........keep coming back and know that you are loved..........................

Find that quiet place to sit and write......get a walk in to think about all that you need to keep yourself motivated...........You are in a good place here at SR..............Clean that inner house and make yourself feel good at the same time...........

This job with the program is tough and you can do it.....I know you have it in you to get through your program..................................get in a meeting or two and sit and write on the steps each day............find a friend in recovery to connect with and get plenty of Hugs.........

Little Penguin
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Today we need to look at the good side of our little life and move on to make things better.......................tomarrow is another day................But first we need to deal with garbage of today...

Take a few minutes and settle your mind and think about your working the steps in your program........don't let the petty things drag you down for now............

You can do this and get on the right path......keep one foot in front of the other and move forward.......

Get to a meeting today and get those numbers you need to call others ................We are all here for you.........

Little Penguin
Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Thinking a nice walk around the block sounds just what the doc ordered.............

Waiting for the sun to come out so we can be on our way and work the steps while time passes...........

Stick to the program as it is meant to be for you......don't cheat yourself on what needs to be made right for you................Keep coming back.................

Little Penguin
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Looking for a quick fix to make things better in recovery?

We are all in the same boat and they say to stick with the program and help others if you can..............this helps us with our own program and gets us motivated..........................

Clean your inner house today and know that you are not alone.............Find that perfect spot to settle yourself down and maybe some quiet music...............

You can do the work needed to keep your thoughts in the right place........................Keep coming back and know that there is a God that understands what is going on in your life.............

Have patience and you will see the progress in your recovery life................................Little Penguin
Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Another day , another dollar to throw away..................guess that is a little off the wall........but I sometimes think that when I can't get anywhere with my own house................I feel like the only one that thinks cleaning house is important..............

I take pride in my own recovery and some people don't.......Oh Well.....

But in the world today things can be so bad for some of us........I survive by doing what is best to keep my mind in the right place here and now..............................

I know it is tough for the rest of you and recovery needs to be the most important thing in your life as well when you wake up in the morning........................

I see so many that think it is just another day to do as you please........and that doesn't mean getting to meetings, doing the step work to make life better for your recovery...........But today needs to count or you are back to step one.........

Or you are in the gutter trying to pick yourself up......or worse trying to get yourself out of jail......................

Come on.....work on your program today.....it really works if you work it.............................I will pray for you all today...............

Life has to count some how just for today...................

Little Penguin
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Looking for a relaxing day is always a must.........Today.....take that early morning walk even if it means to take your coffee with you or walk and get one.........................

Clean House when you get back and get to that much needed meeting ........

The day must be important with your recovery .....so get busy today and don't get yourself down if you can't do the step work the way you want...........................this is your recovery and you just need to do it to the best of your ability...........

Hang in there and know that you have friends that can help you out .........just ask and know that they will not do the work for you......................

This is your program and only YOU can do what is important in working the steps......................Be yourself and know you can do this..............ONE DAY AT A TIME.................

LIttle Penguin
Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Looking for peace of mind in Cleaning House...?

Nice thought and have no doubt that it can be done.......God has understanding and heart to help us all out in the best way possible.....

First .....be patient and let God do His job....

Second......be patient with yourself and get to meetings and get those
Hugs you need for the day.

Third.......Work the steps and get busy with your program.....

This is your life and you need to do your best.......you are the boss of your life today..........I know you can do this.......

Be good to yourself and meet up with those in recovery and get that much needed coffee to start the day with your meeting..........

Little Penguin
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Oh ....what will the day bring.....?

Why do we all worry about how the day will go.....?

Threre is so much to recovery that Our Program is the best things to think about and work .........Morning ,Noon and night..........

This is the most important thing that needs to be at the top of our daily list..................We need to take care of ourself first before we help others.............

Seems the Cleanig of our house is part of keeping us going.........

Work your program first things ,then help the person next to you......

Climb that mountain in front of you and take little steps.........watch out for the holes that are not so noticable.....we don't always have a perfect path to take..........

Little Penguin
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Searching for that special thing to do today........

Maybe a quiet time going on an early morning walk is what is the best thing before everyone gets up...

The whole world might be asleep where you live and that is a good time to get out and enjoy the air....and quiet.....few cars out and only the animals.........
Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Having trouble getting that Clean House stuff done?

I suggest get to a meeting or two and get that head start ......you can get some input from others around you and then get back to your own work...........

Don't forget that cup of coffee........and put that whipped cream in it to spice it up.......and maybe some chocolate.....

I have the homemade muffins if anyone wants some.....

I put on the quiet music to set my mood around here and then it will be something else later....................

No fooling around ......time to get the work done........

Cleaning house is important in your recovery process.....so grab that pencil and paper for the few minutes you have to jot down some stuff...........Make it fun and draw some pictures to go with the writing...........find some colored pencils to help out if you wish to do so...................................Those of you that can't draw.....find stickers or something.........................OR NOTHING.....

LIttle Penguin
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Time to make that "God Box" if you haven't done so .

This is simple ......just take a box you like and write God Box on the outside...........Inside goes all the notes you have that you want God to take control of for you..............and so much more......

There is more to this and the rest is up to you ........Clean House within and add that note at the end to the God Box.......

Today is your day to get creative and decorate your box with something special..................Put a picture of yourself as a little kid on the outside as a reminder that you are still a little kid in Recovery.

This is your life and when you are making those baby steps in recovery you will be better later and grow with your program..........One day at a time.........One year at a time.........

Little Penguin
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Thinking today is a good time to get more than the usual done for ME....

The process of recovery is for ME.....to better myself and make life a little easier to handle..............God is here to help and that is why I enjoy talking to Him each day....

Making that first step is why we are in recovery.......

Working the next steps keeps us on our toes as we learn what we are made of in this life of recovery.............

No one person gets it easy in starting life out on the right direction of the program............each step is difficult........it is the fight we have begun with ourself.......

This fight is not over till the fat chicken really sings.....I think....sort of heard that one day and thought it will never happen in real life.................

Our life in recovery has plenty of times to sing............We just have to take it one step at a time and stay in the program to the best of our ability...............................

This is where we Clean House and do a good job...........No worry you are not alone on this....

Keep coming back and know you have others around you that are trying to work as hard as you...........The struggle will always be there.....and only YOU can make it easier each day.........
Little Penguin