Old 11-22-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy thanksgiving to all celebrating it

D
Old 11-22-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in from me, its just about 5am or it will be once i posted this lol

good to see u strawberry xx how is it going?

hey daisy!!!! hope u are ok, u have been a bit quiet urself hun xx hope u and gson is ok xx

snitch u must be away?

Anyway i am off again as i will be leaving in 45 mins and wont be finished until 1-30pm so will see u all again after then.

hear thinking of u all x viper, kgirl, nichole,strawberry, bluesy, rowlands xxx

have a good start to your morning xx
Old 11-22-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Morning everyone and I hope my US friends had a great thanksgiving. I think thanksgiving is a wonderful thing to have, wish we did it in the UK.

I am good, I have been given a trip to Washington for tomorrow, I am already salivating over the Black Friday Sales 😛😛😛

I have just woken up and have things on my mind. My neighbour wants to build an extension on his property. At the minute we have a party wall that divides both our gardens and this will be knocked down and replaced by the outside of his extension. I have no problem withthat as the wall we currently have is pretty decrepit and a new white wall will look so much better. However; he asked to come round yest to discuss and I bloody knew what was coming.... he is proposing to come a few inches onto my side of the property and he is trying to sell it to me by saying that if I ever want to extend I can use it as an internal wall too. Well there is no way that is going to happen. But I said to him I would think it over and get back to him. I know he cannot build on my property without permission but I am just going to get myself clued up on this whole thing and call for some legal advice too just so I know 100% where I stand in case things go a bit.... awry shall we say. Bloody pain in the bum as I really don't want to have to spend my time doing this today but it's life isn't it? Life on life's terms. He seems quite nice and maybe he is being genuine in that he feels it may actually benefit me in the future but I can't shake the feeling that I am being taken the mickey out of a bit. He will gain an extra 3 inches and my little patio will get even smaller . Trying not to get resentful about it!

Gonna try sleep a wee but longer catch you all later x x
Old 11-23-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I had a wonderful day yesterday, lots of good food, family, and we played Apples to Apples and I won! We laughed so hard and it was so fun....good sober fun!
Suze, enjoy the sales! I'll be working today and won't partake...not that I would anyway...I much prefer online shopping and avoid crowds. Regarding your neighbor I would tell him no....it doesn't seem like any benefit to you and he may seem nice and all but that's no reason to lose part of your property! just my humble opinion...good luck to you with it.
Daisy, Erratic, Dee and all others....have a wonderful day
Old 11-23-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
I hope you're all okay. All is okay with me. This is the first chance I've had to check in today, I just seem to be constantly running around after everyone else. I've not done anything exciting, just grocery shopping, housework and I've done a bit of de-cluttering. Not exciting is good, I can cope with that.
My son was supposed to be having his little boy tonight but he phoned me about 5 pm and asked if I could keep him, he must have a better offer. I'd rather keep him though to be honest.
My husband is in a bit of a funny mood, I feel like I've done something wrong but I don't know what it is, I've not been drinking that's for sure but he's narked with me over something. Just wish he'd tell me if I've done something to upset him.

I hope your first day went well Erratic, I was thinking about you this morning, I bet you were shattered when you got home. How did Doodle cope?
I know I've been a bit quiet over the last week, I'm fine though, I just feel a bit overwhelmed sometimes with all I have to do, running my mum here, there and everywhere, my g.son takes so much of my time and then my other 2 too. I do usually manage to post daily, I think I've only missed 3 days since we started in April.

Hi Suze, I imagine that you are on your way to Washington now, happy shopping. I don't bother with the Black Friday malarky myself, I think it's all a big fix. I much prefer online shopping.
Did you speak to your neighbour? Don't let him talk you into giving him any of your property, even if it is only 3 inches, he's trying it on because it obviously would benefit him for whatever reason. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, my neighbours from hell were building an extension and wanted to build over our boundary. We said no and they haven't spoken to us since. Bliss. x

Hi Kelley you thanksgiving days sounds wonderful, good, happy, sober memories. Oh you're so like me re the sales lol. I can't think of anything worse. Well I could, but hey.

Okay you lot, I'm off to bed. Sleep well. xxxx
Old 11-23-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hello Aprils !!

Just a quick check in. Just got back from my friends. We had a wonderful sober thanksgiving ! Happy gratitude day (albeit a day late!) to all my stateside peeps ! Happy Friday to everyone .

i need to read posts and catch up. It’s on my list of to do’s tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has been up to.

Much love,

💕🦋❤️
Old 11-24-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a freezing cold one it is here in the N.West U.K. I hope you're all happy, well and sober and Iooking forward to the w.end.
I've not got much planned but my daughter, husband and my 2 lovely g.children are taking my live in g.son to Water World for the day, which will be a lovely treat for him.

Hi Bluesey and a happy belated sober Thanksgiving, we don't celebrate it here in the U.K but it all sounds good. Look forward to reading more when you catch up.

Well, that's it for now, I'd better go and make this hungry boy some breakfast.

Thought for the day....

"Don’t forget you’re human. It’s okay to have a meltdown, just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and then refocus on where you are headed."
Old 11-24-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I am off to a Washington today and the best bit is I am coming home as a passenger woo hoo! Basically it is what is known as a positioning sector. For whatever reason myself and another crew member are not required to operate the flight home (could be because it's a different aircraft) and so we get a seat in the cabin instead and a nice seat too. So I will work today, do all my xmas shopping then sleep all the way home , perfect! Although this will be my first flight as a passenger where I am not drinking alcohol. Usually I partake in whatever is on offer starting with champagne but have no fear, I now have a defence over taking that first and most damaging drink so I will be fine.

Kelley your photos of your family on thanksgiving were beautiful and you looked happy and radiant and. ..sober!! What a gift to our family and ourselves sobriety is. We are truly blessed,

Thanks Daisy and Kelly too for the advice re my neighbour, I got some legal advice yesterday and I went through all his plans on the council's planning site etc and I went back to him to tell him that he doesn't have permission to build on my property and that I was concerned about the gap that will be created now by knocking down our original party wall and he came back to me and seems eager to reach a resolve where I am not going to be put out, I think he seems like a genuinely nice man, his property has always been rented out ever since I've Heylived here so I have never met him before) but I have to obviously protect my interests and hopefully we can get this sorted as amicably as possible, The wall we have at the moment is not the best so it will benefit me anyway with his new extension too.

That's all from me at the moment, will update more when I am in Washington, watch out bank account you're gonna get a good workout! !!!

I
Old 11-24-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I am off to a Washington today and the best bit is I am coming home as a passenger woo hoo! Basically it is what is known as a positioning sector. For whatever reason myself and another crew member are not required to operate the flight home (could be because it's a different aircraft) and so we get a seat in the cabin instead and a nice seat too. So I will work today, do all my xmas shopping then sleep all the way home , perfect! Although this will be my first flight as a passenger where I am not drinking alcohol. Usually I partake in whatever is on offer starting with champagne but have no fear, I now have a defence over taking that first and most damaging drink so I will be fine.

Kelley your photos of your family on thanksgiving were beautiful and you looked happy and radiant and. ..sober!! What a gift to our family and ourselves sobriety is. We are truly blessed,

Thanks Daisy and Kelly too for the advice re my neighbour, I got some legal advice yesterday and I went through all his plans on the council's planning site etc and I went back to him to tell him that he doesn't have permission to build on my property and that I was concerned about the gap that will be created now by knocking down our original party wall and he came back to me and seems eager to reach a resolve where I am not going to be put out, I think he seems like a genuinely nice man, his property has always been rented out ever since I've Heylived here so I have never met him before) but I have to obviously protect my interests and hopefully we can get this sorted as amicably as possible, The wall we have at the moment is not the best so it will benefit me anyway with his new extension too.

That's all from me at the moment, will update more when I am in Washington, watch out bank account you're gonna get a good workout! !!!

I
Old 11-24-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all u loveys x

Daisy thanks for your reply x was just thinking about u x i hate it also when the hub wont tell u what u have done wrong as how can u sort something out if you dont talk? I guess thats men x sry dee and viper not really directed at u xx glad ur gson is going out with ur daughter today, least that will give u a breather i hope for today.

My first morn went not bad yesterday, just a couple of teething things. Yup i was knackered when got home so had an hr sleep. On doodle though when i got in just before 2pm heard doodle howling when entering my door wasnt to loud but he seemed not happy and do hope it wasnt for long. so hub is giving him extra extra love and attention this weekend while i am working. I do my first afternoon and evening shift and close up shop today, so guess that will be interesting. Then tomo i am on all day. so today its 1-30pm - 9pm and tomo is 7am -8pm so very long day. so u may not hear from me tomo xx

good seeing u kgirl and blues glad u had good sober thanksgiving x u both are doing very well xx why is it that i thought thanksgiving was the 24th nov?

anyway hope u all have great weekend and will be thinking of u all xxx
Old 11-24-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Stoping by to tell y’all I’m thinking of yea and hopefully y’all doing amazing
Old 11-24-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope to read you're doing pretty amazing too Nicholle - I really think you can - you're no different to the rest of us

D
Old 11-24-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Sunday to you all.
It's very quiet again, hopefully it's just because it's the weekend and you're all busy. I didn't get chance to post last night but all is okay with me.
It's been very cold and I wear that many layers I look like a right roly poly but a girl has to keep warm, right? I ended up with my g.son staying over again last night, he's supposed to sleep at daddy's on a Saturday but that didn't happen. I'm going to take him to him after breakfast and pick him up again this evening. I'm going to go into town this afternoon with my husband, I need a new microwave and maybe we'll fit a bit of Christmas shopping in.

That sounds like a good trip Suze, bet you're happy with that. Happy shopping, lol. Be a treat coming home as a passenger too. Enjoy.
I'm glad you're sorting your sorting out the plans for your neighbour's wall amicably with him, that's the best way, just don't agree to anything though unless you're completely happy with it.

G.morning Erratic, my husband seems to be getting over what was troubling him, we had a bit of a talk last night and things will be okay. My g.son had a great day out with my daughter and family yesterday, he was beyond tired when he got back, so was in bed nice and early.
You sound like you're enjoying your job and Doodle will adapt.. What kind of a shop is it, what do you sell? Anyway, have a great Sunday whatever you do. xxx

Hi Nichole, lovely to see you and I would love to see you post everyday regardless, you don't need to struggle alone. Dee is right, you are just the same as the rest of us, we've all been there and some are still struggling. We need your support just as much as you need ours.

Hi Dee, hope the rest of your day goes well.

Hi Viper if you're reading, come and post and let us know how you are.

Right well I'm going to jump in the shower now, get dressed and make breakfast. Back at some point later. Wishing you all the best day. xx

Thought for the day......

"No matter how happy someone may seem, they have moments when they question if they can go on. No matter how confident someone may look, there are times when they feel unsure and insecure. And no matter how strong someone may appear, they have days when they feel like they’re falling apart. Never think for a moment you’re alone with your struggles. You’re not a mess. You’re human."
Old 11-24-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day DB

D
Old 11-25-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hi all -- checking in to say Happy Sunday! Hope all is well with you all. Everything is fair here. I've been feeling a little down the last couple days and very tired...unmotivated. I think we will be putting our Christmas tree up today hopefully that will spark some joy. I think part of it is I gave myself a pass on Thanksgiving to eat what I want and here I am 3 days later still eating loads of bad food, sugar, & diet pop.
It really depresses me that I feel like I can't enjoy anything anymore. Even caffeine has started impacting me...if I have to give up my coffee
But deep down I know this is my addictive personality pouting. I feel so much better when I'm eating right....so much more energy, less anxiety. I load back up on sugar and crap and here I am tired, anxious and depressed. Ugh.
I am working today on feeling empowered by this realization and to pick myself up and get back on track. Just like booze and lord knows it took me a million attempts to get sober.
So it appears sugar is my new drug of choice. It's so depressing. Addiction is a horrible, horrible thing to deal with it. But I just have to remember that I know how to handle this and I need to pull up my big girl panties and get my crap together. I will go easy on myself today and get some food prepped for the week so I know I can eat well. Tomorrow morning I will start implementing my miracle mornings again where I work out, journal and work the steps. I haven't done this for months and its way overdue because I can see myself before long drinking again. I'm on a rocky road here.
Have a wonderful day all
Old 11-25-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Howdy y'all
so today which probably makes my 200th attempt for day 1 but I can’t give up not yet after spending the last few days drinking going to bars and wasting my life I need sobriety I feel awful in the inside and out I’ve let a lot of things go I used to stay on top of I know there is more then life then drinking well it’s actually not much of a life at all I want my freedom and loving life again so hopefully this day 1 sticks and the ones after that I’m ready to push myself through the days to come

hopefully everyone is have a lovely day
Old 11-25-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Nichole

D
Old 11-25-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hi all

Trying to sleep before my call but it's not happening grrr, too much diet coke I think but hey ho, I don't have to work so will be able to sleep on the plane.

I went to target today and got loads of bits for christmas. I literally love target and I only had an hour as went with 3 other crew in a taxi and we agreed on an hour so we could all go back together but I could have done with more! Still, my wallet will thank me. Two of the crew I went with were hungover from last night. They looked and felt like crap. Made me feel so grateful that wasn't me today 😀

Kgirl, I totally identify with what you posted. If I am eating badly it really affects how I feel mentally, plus I need to take action every day to stay sober. It is more than just not picking up the drink for me. I have to work at everything! It's great you have identified it though and can put the action in to make yourself feel better.

Daisy, sounds like you need another holiday! I hope you are managing to take care of yourself as well as everyone else?!

Erratic, all sound's great so far, how is the non drinking going??

Hey Nichole am really glad you are starting again today. I hope you make this your last day one!!

Hi Dee and Blusey

Viper? Whatssssuuupppp??

Donny, I/we miss you 😢😢😢
Old 11-25-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi! I’m fine. It got really cold here. For a couple of days it was 15 when
Old 11-25-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hi! I’m fine. It got really cold here. For a couple of days it was 15 when I left the house with a high of 25 😬. It’s warmed up now. As long as it’s over freezing I’m ok.

I got myself a bunch of nice things during Black Friday and I’m still looking at some stuff. If you know your prices and it’s really 50% off the everyday street price, you’re killing it. I hit 60% of on a few things. Did not buy a camera. Too much of an expense right now.

Ill be going on a trip. Daisy’s got the details. I’ve got a lot of anxiety around it but I’m fighting it off.

Stupid car started to sound like a race car and I noticed the exhaust hanging down. I hope it’s just the rotted joint there and not a crack in the manifold too. I’m going to get it in to the shop this week. I clamped it up so it doesn’t come off.

I’ve been pretty good overall.

I actually started treating that terrible acne that developed on my back and chest when I quit drinking. I got a retenoid gel, and I’m cleaning up and applying it once a day. It’s not cheap. There is a way to get indurance to pay but it’s been a real pain because it’s now over the counter, without a prescription. The insurance refused the generic prescription version because they only paid for name brand prescription. Stupid!!! Plus they don’t like the amount the doctor wants to give me. I made 6 phone calls last week. Get this: The generic from prescription behind the counter is over $600. They filled it and tried to charge me. 😂😂😂. The name brand on the shelf is buy 2, get one free, $60 total. Yes cash price on the name brand is 10% of the Generic Prescription med. Same exact medication.

Anyway, the stuff works. It’s only day 5 or so, but it’s calmed it all down. Bad cystic acne is now dried up and not much new stuff is forming. There are 50 red bumps that are dried up or shrinking. I want to see what it looks like after a while. Promising.

Ok. It’ll bed soon. I try to get up shorty after sunrise so I actually have some light of day. When I was drinking I’d wake at 19-11 and it got dark at 3:30pm. Now at least I’m up st 8.

The cold is making me more tired for sure.

V 🔥🐍🔥 >>>>>>>🏝🏝🐬