SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2018 Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/433228-class-april-2018-part-8-a.html)

Dee74 10-16-2018 05:03 PM

Class of April 2018 Part 8

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-7-a-20.html

D

Strawberry18 10-16-2018 08:40 PM

Well here I am for the school run without a hangover !
Heading to town straight after the school run so will check in latter with a nice coffee !

snitch 10-16-2018 09:40 PM

Hi all,
I am ok!! Alive and sober lol.
I knew it would pass and it did but 3 days of feeling bleugh! Thank God I didn't pick up a drink 🙏 but to be honest I know that is not an option now. It is just the addict voice trying to convince me. The thoughts do come but it's what I do with them that matters!
Anyway I have some ideas about my life and I need to start putting them into action!!

what's going on with the new format here?? I am realising in sobriety change unsettles me 🤣🤣🤣

snitch 10-16-2018 09:46 PM

I can't do a reply to the messages on the old thread but thank you Erratic for your kind thoughts and Dee, you are right, a few bad days (which to be fair weren't even all that bad really, just me being a bit bleugh) is ok, drinking brought me weeks and months (years!) of hell!
Daisy, wow your words! They were so powerful and so insightful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. You helped me more than you know! I am going to write out what you said into my sobriety journal. Thank you 😘😘

snitch 10-16-2018 09:56 PM

Donny, I agree with everyone else here. We are here to support you, to listen to you and to be there for you. We don't shoot our wounded! Alcohol addiction is bloody hard to beat but it is possible. Just don't ever quit trying to quit. It has taken me a long tine to get here but every time I drank again I went back out drinking for months!! You keep coming right on back which is fantastic! I can't do this without my.lil' American buddy 😘😘

snitch 10-16-2018 09:58 PM

Well done Strawberry you are doing great!

Congrats on 92 days Viper

Nichole and Sunshine, it is so good to hear from you both!

Daisybelle 10-16-2018 11:05 PM

Good morning Aprils, it's pitch black and chilly out there. I hope you all had a good night/day and ready for whatever Wednesday throws at you.

That's excellent Strawberry,I knew you could do it. Look forward to reading your post later. x

Good morning Suze and I'm so happy that you're feeling more positive today, you get bad days anyway whether you're drinking or not. Aww I'm glad you found my words helpful, I know I rambled on a bit like I do when I have a bit of time lol. I think you had a sneaky attack of the old A.V. Ooooh and are you going to share your idea's about your life? I hope today is fabulous for you.

I'm finding the new format ok apart from I used to click on 'my posts' which took me straight to where I left off but now the site doesn't give that option so I have to go searching which makes it all a bit slower.

Donny boy I reiterate everything Suze said above and don't forget, we need your support just as much as you need ours.

Right, well I'm off now to make my husband a cup of tea, I can hear him just getting up. Back later. Stay safe and sober. xxx

Thought for the day...

"Just because you’re not doing what other people are doing, that doesn’t mean you’re failing or falling behind. You’re charting your own course and staying true to yourself, even though it would be easier to join the crowd. You’re creating a life you can fall in love with instead of falling in line. You’re finding the courage to do what’s right for you, even though it’s uncertain and scary and hard. Give yourself some credit, because these are all reasons to be proud."

Daisybelle 10-16-2018 11:09 PM

Why am I coming up as 'undefined'why I tick the like button?

Erratic 10-17-2018 04:11 AM

Afo all x

I wondered what happened also lol i had to log back in. i am sure its just small glitches in a change of format maybe. it prob be in a thread in troubleshooting forum.

sry to see u had massive fight with husband strawberry and was really good that u never touched or smoked xx

My husband is off this rest of this week so not sure what we are going to be doing. we have started to watch the wire which i never watched, it seems good so far. we also got walking dead, taskmaster, gold rush to fall back on lol if we get bored.

hope u all have a good day xx

xxxNICHOLExxx 10-17-2018 04:33 AM

Rough 4 days but well worth it something I have learned it doesn’t matter if it day 1 or day 100 as long as you keep fighting and trying that’s all that’s matters
hope all is well

Daisybelle 10-17-2018 04:52 AM

Sorry Dee, I forgot to thank you for the new thread. Thank you. X

Daisybelle 10-17-2018 04:54 AM

Erratic, my towns rugby team is nicknamed 'the wire'. I thought you were following the rugby for a minute 😅 x

Daisybelle 10-17-2018 04:56 AM

Donny boy, be afraid, be very afraid. Vipers' on his way to seek you out. He has plans and a big bag of tools. 😲 Just saying.

Dee74 10-17-2018 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Daisybelle (Post 7035132)
Why am I coming up as 'undefined'why I tick the like button?

Its not just you Dauisybelle - its everyone :)

if you refresh the page the thanks will be under your member name.
Techs are working on that issue, and some others,

I'm glad you feel better snitch - and you strawberry :)

keep fighting Nichole - hi Erratic :)

D

Daisybelle 10-17-2018 04:58 AM

Glad you're sticking with us Nichole and you're right. This isn't a race, there are no winners, you just keep on trying till you get it right. Never give up. Xx

Erratic 10-17-2018 05:04 AM

lol daisy actually i do like rugby also, i mainly watch world cup or 6 nations and that x

Strawberry18 10-17-2018 09:25 AM

What a crazy busy day ! Bath and pjs on the card !
Way to go Nicole ! Keep at it !
Met someone shopping today and they told me I have lost weight and look good ! Made my day !
Still 4-5 kilos to loose ! Until pre booze body.
Hugs around the world

Viperidae 10-17-2018 01:12 PM

Viper has a bad cold!!! Can you believe it? My trip to find Donny is on hold. My Special Ops training normally allows me to ignore all pain 🤪. This is a bad one. When I get a cold I just keep doing things until it’s gone. I’m leveled.

Seriously Dude check in. You can get lost in an ‘I’m letting myself drink for a few days’ scenario.

Alrighty, I am too spacey with this cold for s good post.

Nichole keep posting. You’re awesome and we need you. You might think you don’t anything to offer us, but that’s far from the truth. 💜

🔥🐍🔥

Erratic 10-17-2018 01:31 PM

you said it viper, check in donny and i know u said this weekend u will so will hold out until then but we are here x

sry i am drinking tonight. we are here together x

not sure if this link will work xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUaV...jQH5HL&index=3

Daisybelle 10-17-2018 03:58 PM

Just checking in before bed, I hope you're all okay.
My g.son came back from his residential trip today, he was very tired and very cranky, he was also still wearing the same socks and undies that he left in on Monday. I got him home, fed him, bathed him, washed his hair and he was fast asleep in bed for 8, bless him.
I've just had a lovely bath and washed my hair, sat here in my p.j's drinking lemon and ginger tea. Actually I probably look a bit of a sight as I've got last years Christmas p.j's on, red with little robins all over. Oh well, who cares?

Thanks Dee, I bet you've had a day of people moaning about the changes.

I quite like watching rugby too Erratic. Sorry to read that you're drinking, please start afresh tomorrow. What's happening with your gym enrolment? You were doing so well until you lost Pepper, have a serious think about going back, it was lovely to read all your positive and inspiring posts. I know you can beat this.xx

Hi Strawberry, get your Christmas p.j's on, lol. It's nice to get compliments like that, well done you. xx

Oh no Viper, look after that cold, don't want it getting on your chest. I'm sure 'operation Donny' can wait a few days. Take good care of yourself. xx

Right then, I'm going to bed now so goodnight all xxx