Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 11-16-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

hey there stawberry x good job on day 5 and its great to see u x
hi snitch sry ur having anxiety probs and i am sure dee could give some great advice and know how on the feelings of now what? do u look in other parts of the forum? there will be plenty of posts about what ur going through. Have u also spoke to your sponsor about this? u will get through this hun ur doing an amazing job x when i did that year i was still craving and was on craving meds to help, so even though i have been in ur situation but i never got over the not wanting and fighting. If i kept on i would of been at same point xxx

hey there daisy, bz as every eh? hope u got a decent sleep last night x

doodle is on the mend x so thats good news for me x

On my drinking, i never drank last night and the past week when i had something it was less than i ever drank and i really wasn't enjoying it and felt more that i couldn't wait until it was time for bed. so i am more hopeful that my determination and motivation is coming back. I have my psychiatrist next week, so be interesting how doodle is with being alone again and i can get back to the gym.

hope u all have a good morn x here thinking of u viper, nichole, donny, bluesy and kgirl and where are u rowlands hun xx
Old 11-16-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

guess everyone is bz

Just wanted to share that took my dog for ramble at lunch as usual. Ended up in a shop where i used to go and sometimes still go. Spoke to the lady who was working who i have known for many yrs while i have lived where i have, as i said spoke about oh i see ur looking for someone to work? lol cut long story as actually it didnt take long, i spoke to her boss and err i have a PT job and start next week lol i have never done anything in small measures, i did make sure and told the owner is that i won't be here for xmas and he excepted that so with in 2hrs and just a ramble i have a job. Will see how it goes and its for fri and weekend so that will help not drinking and help me, also its a small shop and even though i have worked with other people in my other old job and was like therapy for me is that i will be working myself, which what more can u ask? i know the customers and also the staff.

So hmm there u are x will be taking the weekend to process everything and to make sure that i am ready for this x

hope to see u all later, hope u all are ok?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Aww Erratic, thank you for the kind words they mean a lot. I will def have a search through other parts of the site, it is truly an amazing site there is help and support and identification for everything! That's amazing how you got your job lol. It's crazy how things work sometimes and you really are starting to sound more determined, I can hear it in your words 🤗🤗🤗

I am ok, still feeling anxious but I know alcohol is not going to help. I just have to keep doing what I am doing, going to my meetings, doing my step work, praying, talking to other alcoholics. In my meeting today the reading was all about putting sobriety FIRST. Before everything. Before kids, family,husbands and wives, jobs, etc and it is so true. Because without my sobriety I wouldn't have any of those things. I was literally clinging on to all of that in the last year. So, no matter how anxious I feel, it will pass and nothing is as bad as where I was before and where a drink can take me again.

We are having a chilled evening at home. My little girl had her class assembly this afternoon followed by movie night at school and now she is playing and I am eating cheese and crackers and we are in our pj's and it is bliss. Complete bliss.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Nichols and Donny haven't posted for a long time 😞
Old 11-17-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Good morning all
I hope you're all well. All is good with me but I haven't had access to the laptop and I'm rubbish at posting from my phone.
I'm taking my g.son to do a cross country event this morn, he's running for his school so I must dash oft.
I will catch up at some point today though.
Have a great Saturday and love to you all. Xxx
Old 11-17-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hi all!! I’m checking in. Things are going very well. I’m checking off boxes and moving ahead. Things just keep getting better. I look forward to the day when I say on SR, “so it looks like I have a job,” too!!

My ducks 🦆 are in a row for this thing I’m doing.

I cant believe how much things start to turn around in your life when you quit drinking. It’s day 133 here. You folks remember my first month or two??? 😂 I’m terrified to even look at those posts. I’m so much better. Now things are getting better faster.

Daisy I’ll PM you to let you know what’s up. I’ve just been really preoccupied here. Great stuff afoot!!!

Goodnight folks. It’s almodt 1am.

🔥🐍🔥
Old 11-17-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi all -

just a quick check in and hello.

I’m finally relaxing tonight after a super stressful time with everything going on so close here. The air is toxic. It’s truly and unbelievable time collectively for all who live here in NorCal. It’s like a bad movie. Actually it’s worse.

Anyway im off to give my cats some attention and catch up on some zzzz’s. Will post again soon when I refill my mental tanks.

Sending everyone one love and hugs. Thinking of you all. Stay safe my lovely Aprils. 🦋

❤️
Old 11-18-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy sober Sunday to you. I feel so guilty when I don't post, I think there's only been 3 days that I've missed since April, it's part of my routine now, get up early in the morning and post providing my g.son is still asleep and then a bedtime post. I like to keep accountable
I had a good day yesterday,I took my g.son to the cross country event, he did really well, he came 57th but 4th for his school and bearing in mind that he was only 9 last week and is the size of a small 7 yr old and that some of the other boys were 11/12, he did really well. I'm proud of him. It was a lovely autumn day but really cold, at least I kept my hands warm on a cup of coffee and not one laced with you know what either. He stayed with his daddy last night, he didn't want to but he has to, I'm picking him up 12.30 and then taking him to a soccer party at the football dome in Manchester. He's looking forward to that, can't say that I am to be honest, a load of loud, noisy little boys and football. I'm sure it will be fun

Morning Erratic, I'm pleased to hear that Doodle is on the mend. Also it sounds like you are ready to give up the booze altogether now, you're drinking less and you're not enjoying it, so ask yourself what the point is. I know you can do this, I know because I've been there and if I can do it then so can you, so can anyone.
Oh and wow, I've just read your next post, you've gone and got yourself a job, double wow, well done you, that's fantastic and it could be the making of you. Go for it, don't talk yourself out of it, just go for it, it's near home, you know the lady that works there, it's part time so you will still have time for Doodle and you can have Christmas off, plus it's a bit of money coming in. Sounds just right.

Hi Suze, I'm sorry that you're still suffering with anxiety, but you're right, alcohol would make it worse, 10 times worse. Anxiety is an awful thing but it will pass, just keep yourself busy and concentrate on the here and now. You're doing really well and I'm so proud of you.
Aww I love those class assemblies, they are so funny, I went to one last week and your evening at home eating cheese and crackers sounds perfect to me. I hope you have a lovely day today. Take care xx

Hi Viper, good to see you still posting as our only male class member or so it seems now. I shall look out for your p.m, thanks, it all sounds very exciting.
The change in your attitude since we first started in this group has been astounding but if you ever feel like you're wavering or feeling a bit down it's can good to look back at the early posts to remind ourselves of how bad we were, how far we've come and how we don't want to be in that place ever again.

Hi Bluesey, I'm happy, as always, to see you've posted and I'm glad you've managed to find some time to relax a little in your busy world.
I can only imagine how toxic the air must be, I have seen the fires on the new and it's terrifying stuff, it must be like living in a nightmare.
Give those kitties a cuddle from me and you take good care of yourself and stay safe. xxx

That's itf from me for this morning, I'm going to make some breakfast now. Much love to you all and have a great day.

Thought for the day.... "You are not your struggles. You are the survivor who keeps moving forward in spite of them."
Old 11-18-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

good to see u safe bluesy and yeah it sounds worse than a bad movie due to its real! xx keep u and everyone safe xx

viper good to see u also hun glad ur project has got better for you x i agree with daisy ur sounding good x

daisy thanks for your reply x yeah wow eh a job lol as i said i don't do anything lightly. I am a bit anxious today about it and i am to meet the lady at 6-20am tomo to get an idea what needs doing. So i will see if i can get my self esteem up a gear to do the job as hell i have done it all before.

Hey dee where are u hun? you having some time off? i know u have so many posts and threads for follow xx

hey snitch hope ur alright hun x

hope u all have a good day and here is my 2nd day sober x
Old 11-18-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Day 8 no alcohol no cigs ... Going strong .
Very bad weather in kefalonia strong winds and rain. It's bloody lovely pjs and fire and good food ! Bliss
well done on the job errotic ! It will keep you busy
Old 11-18-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was offline for a few days - glad to hear from everyone - hope you're less anxious now Snitch.

Glad things are going well Viper - and congrats on the job Erratic - awesome

Glad you got back to the computer DB - hope your day was good
I hope the worst is over Bluesy.

D
Old 11-18-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Evening all and I hope you've had the best Sunday. My day has been good, my friend picked my g.son and myself up to take us to the birthday party at the football dome, we got lost on the way and were 20 minutes late, woops, but the boys enjoyed themselves once we got there. Other than that I've had quite a productive day and got quite a few jobs round the house done.

Hi Erratic, I'm sure all we be fine in the morning, try not to over think, easier said than done I know. I'll be thinking about you.
Well done on 2 days sober, that's a good start, keep at it. xx

Great to see you here Strawberry and great to see you sounding so positive, you will do this. Can't beat a nice fire, good food and your p.j's, sounds like my kind of a night. x

Good to have you back Dee but I hope you enjoyed your few days offline, I bet you need a break from us lot from time to time.

Suze, I hope you are okay, come and post soon or I'll be worrying about you. xx

I'm off to bed now, sleep well Aprils, see you tomorrow. xx
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Awww Daisy bless you and thank you for caring...

Well, I woke up yesterday morning and all my symptoms seemed ti have disappeared! No anxiety, felt "normal" motivation had returned. Am def thinking PAWS... or maybe even just living life on life's terms and learning to not drink on my feelings? Who knows. I certainly don't but one thing I DO know is that it does pass and I can get through it without drinking phew..

Glad to hear everyone is doing good although missing our Donny boy. I really hope he shows up soon. I am on standby today but am doing home standby not airport standby which I love cos I can just may in bed watching netflix. I really hope I don't get called today but what will be will be. Just gonna pack a bag now so am ready to rock n roll of I get a phone call!

Have a good day everyone. It's blooming freezing outside today brrrrrrr .... x x
Old 11-19-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

I play music as well DaisyBelle so sometimes I miss a day or two here.

I never really get tired of SR tho - its a great honour and responsibility to be part of so many peoples lives

D
Old 11-19-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Howdy y’all just wanted to stop by and say I haven’t forgot y’all after drowning myself in alcohol for weeks and feeling miserable I’m going to give this another shot yesterday I started drinking at 7am which is a little extreme so i figured back to fighting for sobriety
Old 11-19-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils and I hope you're all having a good and sober Monday. It's a very grey, damp and cold day here. I've done all my running about for now so I'm just having half an hour to myself with some delicious home made tomato & basil soup whilst I'm posting. I've not got anything exciting on today, which is fine, just some humdrum housework and some ironing.

Lovely to see you Suse and I do care,, I care about all our little class and hope we stick together. i I miss Donny boy too and hope he comes back, he'll be welcomed with open hours. How fabulous that you've woken up without any symptoms, long may it last. Your anxiety could be caused by any of those things, or even all of them mixed together, no matter though, you're fighting it sober and winning the battle.
Stay warm and lets hope you don't get that call.

I think I remember you saying a while back that you play the harmonica Dee, I think it was when our Bluesey said that she plays. Lovely hobby and I hope you made the most of your days off.
I think S.R are honoured to have you. x

Welcome back Nichole lovely to see you here. Give it your best shot girl, I know you can do this. xx

I'm off now to do a bit more. Back later. Lots of love to you all.xx

Thought for the day.....

"You could have grown cold, but you grew courageous instead. You could have given up, but you kept on going. You could have seen obstacles, but you called them adventures. You could have called them weeds, but instead you called them wildflower. You could have died a caterpillar, but you fought on to be a butterfly. You could have denied yourself goodness, but instead you chose to show yourself some self-love. You could have defined yourself by the dark days, but instead through them you realized your light."
Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all xx

sry a late post today due to yup went to my work early this morn to see what i have to do in opening up in morns. I never got out of there until 11-30 am and looks like i will go back this evening to see the shop shut up and that and again will go tomo morn to again get organised and know what i am doing. I will be doing this i think until i start properly on Friday morn which i will be opening up myself and doing what i have to on my shift. What a thought, when i got back i took doodle out and then went for lay down to shut brain off for while.

thanks for your replies and thoughts about my new job and also my 3rd day off drink x

great to see u nichole xx good job on ur start today x

well done strawberry on day 8 and hope the weather isnt to bad and eww fire and food sounds good x

daisy hope ur ok and glad u had productive day on sunday x hope u have a less bz day today and mmm soup sounds good x thinking of you also hun x

snitch great that the anxiety and that has past hun xx hope u don't get called away today x thinking of you also.

thanks dee and good to see u having a few days off and u and are sorely missed when u not here even for less than a day xx

will be back later again as i will need to keep myself from going to bed before 9pm lol hugs to all xx
Old 11-19-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi all!! 🏝

Daisy I sent you a PM. Take a look. Good stuff.

Strawberry!!! 💖 Keep it going girl!

Nichole checked in? I didn’t see the post. Keep coming back Nichole.

Im seeing my therapist after a long while. He’s awesome. He has no clue about me getting my act together. I can’t wait for the credit and affirmation, the positive energy and reinforcement, he’ll give me!! Fuel to keep going. We all need it and it’s usually not forthcoming from family and friends that really can’t understand.

Ok talk later. What do I have like 134 days? Something like that.

🏝🐍🏝

Old 11-19-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Haven't been called for a flight today so another night in my own bed yey!

Viper, Strawb and Erratic, congrats on your achievements, keep going!

Welcome back Nichole. For drinkers like us, our addiction just gets worse, never better. It is hard tk make that change, you are right when you say you are here to fight for your sobriety because it really is a fight especially in the beginning but it is worth it I promise you. I still struggle now but I never want to go back to that dark place again. Just committ to 24 hours of sobriety. One day at a time honey.

Daisy I care for you too and all our other April's. We are all in this together.

Hi Dee, glad you are back.

Going to sleep now as on call from 7am tmrw. Night everyone x x
Old 11-19-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

This is from the Big Book. Chapter 11. A vision for you.

"For most normal folks, drinking means conviviality, companionship and colorful imagination.

It means release from care, boredom and worry. It is joyous intimacy with friends and a feeling that life is good. But not so with us in those last days of heavy drinking. The old pleasures were gone. They were but memories. Never could we recapture the great moments of the past. There was an insistent yearning to enjoy life as we once did and a heartbreaking obsession that some new miracle of control would enable us to do it. There was always one more attempt—and one more failure.

The less people tolerated us, the more we withdrew from society, from life itself. As we became subjects of King Alcohol, shivering denizens of his mad realm, the chilling vapor that is loneliness settled down. It thickened, ever becoming blacker. Some of us sought out sordid places, hoping to find understanding companionship and approval. Momentarily we did—then would come oblivion and the awful awakening to face the hideous Four Horsemen—Terror, Bewilderment, Frustration, Despair. Unhappy drinkers who read this page will understand!"

This perfectly describes how my drinking went. Always trying to recapture the joys of the first few drinks but never being able to stop once I had started and awakening(coming to) to those four horsemen. I never want to go back to that place again and that is why I have to fight for my sobriety everyday.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Nichole

D