Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 11-19-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi all
Just a very quick check in before I go to bed.

Well done Erratic, you've done yourself proud today, I bet you're shattered though with the change of routine, it'll take you a few weeks to adjust to it all I'm guessing. Well done too on day 3, that's just wonderful and I'm proud of you.

Vipes, I replied to your message at stupid o clock this morning but I did it from my phone so I'm wondering if it actually worked. I will check tomorrow as it's past midnight here now. Yes, it's all good stuff, very good indeed. I'm very excited for you. xx

Glad you got a good rest in your own bed Suze, can't beat it, I wonder what tomorrow will bring, but whatever it does you'll be sober and ready for that call. Thank you for sharing the big book chapter 11, I can relate very, very much to all of that.

See you all tomorrow, sleep well. xxx
Old 11-19-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi how is everyone doing? My life is off the charts stressful right now. My daughter came in like a tornado and turned our lives upside down only to go right back to her jerk boyfriend. I'm so upset and disappointed in her. As much as it breaks my heart I'll have to give a little tough love and disconnect from her for now...which means I won't see my granddaughter as much but her going back to him is for all the wrong reasons and I cannot continue to help her when she is doing nothing to help herself.
The good news is I haven't been tempted to drink through all of this. I'm sad and depressed but I'm sober. I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope the sadness lifts. I'm sure it will. It's one thing I've learned in sobriety....there are good days and bad days but even the bad days are better sober than the best drunk days.
I hope this fines everyone well.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all xx

kgirl!!! i am sry about ur daughter and not getting to see Gdaughter xx my daughter used to do it before she got settled in where she is now and with fiance and Gson. It was mainly my fault she was doing that, but thats another story of our demon alcohol can cause problems for our other loved ones x

Did this morn again but am off again shortly to see a changeover so i will be back later again xx

here thinking of u all xx
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Good afternoon my lovely Aprils and as usual I hope you are all well, happy and sober.
I'm having quite a good day today, I'm being productive, I've made a couple of phone calls I've been putting off, I've printed off some paperwork that I've also been putting off, messaged a friend who I should have messaged last week, contacted a roofer to fix some tiles on my roof, boxed up a parcel that needs returning and rubbed a bit of paintwork down in my hall ready for painting. Only small things really, but I've just been avoiding doing them, I don't know why, I am trying to work on all this procrastination that I do. I feel so much better now it's done. I've also been eating really healthily this last few days, no sweet stuff or crap, just good, healthy food.
I'm annoyed with my son again, but nothing new there. He has signed up to do a charity bike ride for Dementia, he has to cycle so many miles between the end of October and the beginning of February and has set up a 'just giving' page of F.B where people can make donations. You might think that's good but believe me where he is concerned there is always an ulterior motive, this one being that he has another new love interest who is into charity work for Dementia.
Well, aside from anything else, my beloved dad, his grandad suffered from Vascular Dementia and we nursed him at home for three years until he passed away quite recently. It was a very tough, heartbreaking three years and during that time he barely came near, didn't visit him, didn't offer any help or support.
Well anyway, I was having a sneaky peak at his Dementia cycling profile and it actually tracks where he's cycled to, how many miles, times, etc, etc and guess what, it shows that on Saturday night he cycled to the love interest's house and cycled back home Sunday morning. Hmmm, he had his little boy Saturday night, which is the ONLY night he has him out of 7 and he left him with the guy he lives with and his g.friend whom my g.son had never met before!! I asked my g.son if daddy went for a bike ride on Sat night and he told me he did but he didn't go until he was asleep and he knows that because he woke up in the night and was shouting for daddy to bring him drink and he wasn't there, the other guy took him a drink of water!! Fuming I am, bloody fuming like steam coming out of my ears. One night he has him!!Like I'm going to donate for him riding back and to to some randoms woman's house!
Sorry about the rant, I needed to get it off my chest.

Hi Kelley, I'm so very sorry you are going through all that stress, I honestly do feel your pain. It's so hard when little children are involved but there is nothing you can do other than what you are doing. All you can do is sit back, let her make her own mistakes and be ready to pick up the pieces when it all goes pear shaped, which it will. Kudos on not drinking, it would only make things ten times worse, as we know. Just make sure you take good care of yourself. xxx

Hiya Erratic and you are so right, the demon alcohol causes mega problems in family relationships, it just isn't worth it.
I hope today goes well for you, take care.

I'll post again later, I'm off now to do a bit more, it keeps my mind occupied. Much love to you all.

Thought for the day....

"I smile because I have survived everything the world has thrown at me. I smile because when I was knocked down, I got back up."
Old 11-20-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Viper, I p.m'd you again today, let me know if you got it please. x
Old 11-20-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Day 2 of standby and not used 😀

Kgirl that must be so frustrating for you with your daughter. It comes down to that whole being powerless over people, places and things but you are taking control and care of yourself by staying sober, well done.

Daisy, ahhhh you too! I was getting myself all worked up reading your post and he's not even my son but that would make me so cross too. Detective work though!!!

Viper, you are sounding so good. How did it go with your therapist??

Erratic wow you sound like you are already fitting straight in there, how is it going and how has Doodle been?

Nichole, how are you doing today?

Not much to report from me as I am practically under house arrest at the minute but it's nice. Missing my daughter though as she is with her dad, thank God for FaceTime nowadays.

Night everyone x x
Old 11-20-2018, 11:23 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

wow I had a dream last night that I was getting, ahem, it on with Prince Harry!! Was quite a good dream actually hahaha,

Back to reality! Day 3 of standby starts today!

Grateful to be waking up hangover free in a warm bed.

Hope everyone is ok x x
Old 11-21-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

G.morning Aprils', I hope you're all well. I'm posting from my phone so bear with me. I had a stressful evening yesterday, picked the g.kids up from after school drama lesson and then my car 🚗 wouldn't start☺I got my daughters partner to gone and get the children from me, then had to wait an hour and a half in the cold and dark for the nice break down recovery man to attend. However after the g.kids had been picked up from me I realized that my g.daughter had taken my phone by mistake and left hers, which has a password on so I couldn't use it, so not only was o on the dark and cold I had no phone and no money. I always keep an emergency 5.00 in my phone case.
This morning I've taken my car into Hyundai to have the battery checked as the car is still under warranty. I'm currently sat in Starbucks on my own like Nigel no mates having a cappuccino.
All tho stressed me out no end, anything to do with cars takes me way out of my comfort zone.
I wont be drinking over it though, I'm proud of that.
Back later and much love to you all. Xx
Old 11-21-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Morning everyone,

wow I had a dream last night that I was getting, ahem, it on with Prince Harry!! Was quite a good dream actually hahaha,

Back to reality! Day 3 of standby starts today!

Grateful to be waking up hangover free in a warm bed.

Hope everyone is ok x x
Prince Harry eh? Hmmm, I'm quite partial to ginger myself. 😂😂 xx
Old 11-21-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
G.morning Aprils', I hope you're all well. I'm posting from my phone so bear with me. I had a stressful evening yesterday, picked the g.kids up from after school drama lesson and then my car 🚗 wouldn't start☺I got my daughters partner to gone and get the children from me, then had to wait an hour and a half in the cold and dark for the nice break down recovery man to attend. However after the g.kids had been picked up from me I realized that my g.daughter had taken my phone by mistake and left hers, which has a password on so I couldn't use it, so not only was o on the dark and cold I had no phone and no money. I always keep an emergency 5.00 in my phone case.
This morning I've taken my car into Hyundai to have the battery checked as the car is still under warranty. I'm currently sat in Starbucks on my own like Nigel no mates having a cappuccino.
All tho stressed me out no end, anything to do with cars takes me way out of my comfort zone.
I wont be drinking over it though, I'm proud of that.
Back later and much love to you all. Xx
agggh Daisy what a nightmare for you. You poor thing.... but you have your sober muscles a good workout there. I hate anything to do with cars too! I hope it's something that can be sorted easily good that it's under warranty stil. X x
Old 11-21-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Prince Harry eh? Hmmm, I'm quite partial to ginger myself. 😂😂 xx
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I didn't want to wake up 😜😜
Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all xx well late morn lol

daisy what a nightmare you had last night and its brill that u never drank over it either. On ur son! have no words that could cover what he is acting like and what he is doing to his son. Your Gson is sooo lucky to have u hun xx

snitch eww prince harry eh? he has a nice body and face actually so yup u had a good dream there lol u still on standby again today? x

Doodle has totaly recovered from his illness last week x he is now sulking with my husband due to past 2 days he had to leave him to go to his work lol so he got it in the neck from him x he seems not bad just now on being left for a few hrs i think. will find out bit more when i am out for proper shift friday morn which is from 6-30 to 1-30. I am at work this evening for lock up again and then in tomo morn once more and then in evening again tomo lol just making sure that i know what i am doing by fri morn as i am then totaly by myself.

well i will leave it there for now as i have my appointment with my pdoc today, he will be surprised and think oh here she goes again with being impulsive and taking on to much. well nvm will catch u all later and hope u have good afternoon xx

hey there viper, nichole, strawberry, k girl, bluesy hope and hugs to u all keep safe xx
Old 11-21-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Quick check in as can't keep my eyes open!

Not called from standby and no trips given for the next couple of days so far. It's lovely having time off but I need to work as I don't get any extra allowances being Sat at home, obviously, plus I could really do with a Stateside trip so I can do some christmas shopping as I am the India queen in December 🤣🤣 oh well, thy will be done, not mine lol.

Hope everyone has had a good day. Have my baby girl snuggled next to me so I'm happy.

Night all x x
Old 11-21-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad Doodle is better Erratic
Hi everyone

D
Old 11-21-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, just doing my bed time check in. I hope you've all had a good sober day. It's freezing here tonight and there is snow in a few places though not where I live..yet.
I took my car in and it's fine, it was the battery, all sorted now.
I also took my little cat to the vet for a pre-op and booked her in to be speyed next Tuesday, that's another job I'd kept putting off.

Hi Suze, did you get called out or have you had another day of uneasy rest? I don't think I'd be able to settle if I was on call out. Yes my car is all sorted now thank goodness, I get so stressed out if I have to go into garage's and such like, I just feel totally out of place and uncomfortable. But I did it and I'm still here to tell the tale. I'm glad you got to have a lovely cuddle with your girly though. xx

Aww Erratic, thank you for your kind words, you are so nice. I'm really happy for you that Doodle is better, I know how worried you were.
You sound like you're quite looking forward to Friday and I'm sure you'll be fine and Doodle will be too.
I hope your appointment went well with your pdoc, what did he say about the job? I hope he was pleased about it.

I hope all is good with you Dee.

I'm off to bed now, I'm really tired and struggling to type. Back tomorrow. Sleep well lovelies. xxxxxx
Old 11-21-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi folks!! I’m checking in. How many days do I have? I need to look back and count them.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. I’m going to my sister’s place with the whole family. I like my nephews (now adults), so it’s always fun. Her house is perfect for it.

I used to skip Thankgiving with my family and do a booze fest thankgiving at my apartment with 2 good friends that didn’t really get along with their parents. Get a bunch of hot food at Whole Foods and plenty of wine. I simply could not deal with family and holiday stress.

Anyway, things are fine. Later 💖🐍💖
Old 11-21-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I spent the day getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We are hosting and will have about 13 people here. I love hosting but it is a lot of work and I'm very tired. I'm really looking forward to spending the day not drinking. I have many memories of being a drunken mess on Thanksgiving including one where I drank so much wine I blacked out and only remember waking up on the bathroom floor
Daisy - oh no what a horrible experience. I would have cried I think but I'm glad all turned out well and your car is fixed.
Suze - glad you're back home and snuggling with your daughter Hopefully you will get a trip soon!
Erratic - sorry about your doodle but I'm glad he is recovered and doing better.
Happy Thanksgiving Vipe, enjoy your day!
Hugs to everyone and take care!
Old 11-22-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all x

good to see u kgirl hope u have a great thanksgiving x

nice to see u also viper x hope u have also a good thanksgiving with ur sister and nephews x

hey daisy and snitch x guess ur both bz today xx

Nothing much to report just waiting for tomo now, did go in this morn and will have to go this even to pick up keys. pdoc went ok yesterday he says i seemed brighter and take it easy and not take on to much at work. which i have to learn to say no and not involve myself in the politics of things. He asked if it was ok to see him jan and not before, i said err what happens if i have a melt down lol he said well phone if u need to. So guess will see how things go x

its been raining for past few days and doodle is sulking as he hasn't been out rambling and also being left alone lol he again sulked with hub this morn.

Thanks dee, i am glad doodle is on the mend also as if anything happened to him so soon after pepper i would totally loose it x

hear thinking of you all x will catch up again later x
Old 11-22-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Blue. Kgirl . Nicole and vipe🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍Donny dad 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Happy thanks. Giving ! Enjoy your first sobor one !
Old 11-22-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, I hope you've all had a good, sober day. Happy Thanksgiving to my S.R family over the pond.
It's been freezing today, I had to scrape the ice of my windscreen this morning, yuck, I'm not good with cold. Other than that, I've had an uneventful day, but that's okay.

I hope you've had a good day with your family Viper, it all sounds good.

Hi Kelley, I hope you've had a good Thanksgiving and I hope you manage to find time to relax a little, you must be running on auto pilot. I hope things have settled down a bit with your daughter. Take good care of yourself. xx

Glad your pdoc appt went well Erratic and good luck for the morning though I have a feeling you'll be fine. Doodle will soon settle into the new routine, give him a couple of weeks to adjust and he'll be fine.

Hi Strawberry, lovely to see you as always. Take care. xxx

Goodnight you lot, I'm off to bed. xxxx