Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 11-08-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!

I have christmas and New Year off woooo hooooo!!
I am so happy about that 😁😁😁

How does everyone feel about facing a sober christmas? Excited? Anxious? Happy? Apprehensive?

It is a time of year need to be extra vigilant!!

I have written in red and green as they are christmas colours !!

🎅🤶🎁🎄❄☃️
Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just doing my bedtime check in. I hope you've all had a good day.

Erratic, you certainly have been productive, I could do with having some lessons off you. Oh Christmas shopping, I need to start, I can't believe we are in November.

Hiya Suze, that's a very festive post, lol.
A sober Christmas, I can do that, I did it last year and the year before. It helps having a husband who will not encourage me to drink and not only that, I don't want to. What about you? Do you think you will cope?
Oh and congrats on getting Christmas and the New Year off. xxx

Got to go to bed now,I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. Goodnight all. xxxxx
Old 11-08-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

In good time everyone. I just don’t want my business in the front page of the internet. It’s good though.

I need a break man. Some good tv or something. I’m obsessing on this project and doing more obsessing than anything else.

My sister wants my parents out of this house and in something better for older people and it’s terrifying not knowing my future. I’ve never had a darn job. Been sick and on the dole and am afraid to end up in a little apartment in a housing project,with no car, no way to get what I want or need. I dunno. It’s all hitting home. Drinking ain’t gonna help.

Maybe this new experiment will lead to something unexpected.

V
Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all xx

Thanks daisy x its not like me to start xmas shopping early, but when i have some money its best just to do it lol

I did more shopping yesterday which i am happy with. Trying to remember what else i did which was productive i guess it wasn't as much as day before lol This has been a looong week, husband has been really bz at work and has bad band practice so i have hardly seen him. He is working this weekend which is a first in many long yrs in his job. So actually not sure what i am going to do this weekend.

Viper good luck on ur new experiment and yeah i hear u on the obsessing part xx on tv have u ever watched the wire? i am watching all the series in that i am actually really enjoying it.

Snitch x I will be having a sober xmas also, me and hub is going down to my daughters for her first xmas in her flat which i am totally excited about. I thought maybe i would get xmas dinner cooked by someone else, but nope it looks like it will be me cooking it lol great that u got xmas and new year off xx it will be extra special for u and family x

well i suppose i better get off and do something this morn x

hope to see ur post later xx
Old 11-09-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I’m watching that Netflix show Bodyguard or something. It’s decent. Takes my mind off things.

Back to my project today. I cleared another big hurdle yesterday.

Talk later

v
Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all good and well. This is the first chance I've had to check in today and I'm doing it from my phone so I'll keep I short.
its freezing cold, wet, windy and dark, just how I don't like it. Its my g.sons birthday 🎂 on Sunday so I've been organising a party for him. That plus food shopping and running my mum about. No rest for the wicked.
Hopefully I'll check in again later.
Love to you all.

P.S. Where's Strawberry? Has anyone heard from her?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, wherever you are. I hope you're all well, happy and sober. It's very quiet again here.
I've got a busy day ahead, my grandsons mummy is over for the weekend as it's his birthday tomorrow so I've got to take him to her hotel in a little while, he hasn't seen her since June and it's always very stressful for him as she doesn't speak English apart from a very few words. Other than that I need to do some housework, the house is always untidy by weekend with his stuff ( and mine).

I hope you've had a good day Viper and all is still looking good on the business side. Would you not consider living with your sister if your parents moved into something more appropriate, or is that not an option? I know she thinks the world of you.

Morning Erratic, I think I need to start doing some Christmas shopping myself. I think I'll write a list tonight and get cracking on it. Got to start some time.
Are you going to try and get to the gym over the weekend, or are you not up to it yet? I'm sure you'll finds something to keep you busy, if not get yourself over to mine and I'll find you something lol. Ironing? Cleaning windows? The garden? Your choice.
I'll be cooking Christmas dinner too, I can never get out of that one.

Hi to the rest of you and I hope to see some more posts later.
Have the best Saturday you can and stay sober.

Thought for the day......

'One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm.'
Old 11-10-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn everyone xx

Just got back from walking doodle took him for a very long walk. We went out at 7-20 and just got back at 8-40 lol

Thanks daisy on ur invite lol guess really i should do my own housework as hubs not here to do it lol on the gym i went down on wed evening and just had sauna and steam bath as it was too bz in the gym for me. I am still trying to work out something with doodle, so i feel comfortable leaving him so i can get to gym earlier. sounds hard for ur grandson and his mother x Hope it all goes ok for you all.

on strawberry yeah where are u?? and everyone else xx

viper cool on ur choice of program x good luck again today on ur project xx

darn its only 9-04 got long day ahead by myself.

see u all later xx take care x
Old 11-10-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I hope you are all well

Me? Well, where to start... hmmm . I have just got home from a weekend 'retreat.'. It finishes tomorrow but I left early as I couldn't bear it! 6 and a half months ago I was in an AA meeting, think it was my 2nd week of sobriety and someone gave me a flyer for a weekend called GIRL TALK which is an annual conference of a group of 45 women from AA and Al-Anon (other fellowships are welcome). Over the course of the weekend you listen to speakers, and take part in workshops of your choice. Well supposedly your choice! I booked it thinking ok, I will be 6 months sober and I have been looking forward to it. Oh my God . I hated it!!!!! It was awful. More Al-Anon than AA, it was really bizarre. I felt totally out of my comfort zone. It felt like I was in some weird cult. I tried. I prayed to my Higher Power to help me be open minded and willing and patient and tolerant. It didn't work. I felt resentful towards these Al-Anoner's who were telling me we all suffer from the same illness. Errrr, really? I felt like saying, ok so are you fighting for your life everyday by doing whatever you can not to pick up a drink no matter what?! They work the same 12 steps as we do in AA to help with their ism's. Ie: they don't suffer from alcoholism just the ism. Fine. Whatever. Do whatever it is you can to make yourselves better but don't tell me our illness is the same. My sponsor says they suffer from the same illness but that people are their drug. My sponsor says that alcoholism is a SOBER condition and that my thinking is warped and that's my disease. My head is all over the place. What the **** am I???? I am so confused at the moment. Am I a completely warped individual who needs to check in with a sponsor for the rest of my life?? Or Am I a normal person who became just became addicted to a dangerous drug. The drug alcohol. I am so so messed up. The only thing I know for certaint is that I cannot drink alcohol moderately or safely and the good news is, today, I really don't want to.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Sorry if my post was all over the place. I have calmed down now. I just have to think that I tried something new and it wasn't for me. I love the AA programme and the support and experience, strength and hope I get from my meetings. I am just questioning whether I have an incurable disease that is a "sober" condition like my sponsor says or if I can just make my own mind up. Sometimes I feel like I am being a bit brainwashed into believing someone else's concepts. If I think on my own my sponsor tells me I think too much and that I should wait for my answer to come from God!!! However it does say in the Big Book, that God gave us brains to use. Maybe I need to stop analysing it all. I can't drink it doesn't really matter what the reason is... whether it is a disease, an illness, an addiction, an allergy. I think (yes sponsor, ME, I am thinking with my OWN brain lol) that I will continue with my programme but scale it down, explore some other options as well . Take up some hobbies, join a gym, do more things that do not involve drinking that are not just AA meetings and maybe change sponsor? Or at least chat to her about it. Thanks for letting me share. Love you lot x x
Old 11-10-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

Strawberry's in the November group.

Snitch, as long as you're not drinking and you realise you can't drink again without giving up all you've gained, I think you're doing OK.

This retreat was obviously not a good fit for you - and thats ok
breathe relax, and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

D
Old 11-11-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

I think I was overcomplicating things. Lol. I just need to breathe and relax like you say.

But the good news is, I don't want to drink I really genuinely don't. Wow! A miracle is happened. Alcohol has no place in my life anymore. I am sober and I am finding out how I like to spend my time and who with, sober. It didn't really matter what I did before or who I was with as long as there was alcohol. But now I can choose who and where I spend my time. What a gift.

How is everyone else? I actually have a sore throat today and bit of a cold but am gonna wrap up warm and go visit my bestie and go for a walk with her and her dog and she is gonna cook a roast dinner. Perfect Sunday.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you. I hope you're all okay. I've got a busy day ahead, it's my G'son's birthday so party time this afternoon. He's having a laser quasar party so it's going to be a noisy one. His mum and other grandmother are over for the weekend, I think it's the first time she's been here for his actual birthday since he was 2. He's 9 today. Anyway I've got loads to do so I'll make it quick.

I hope you're okay Erratic and weren't too lonely yesterday. I actually love being on my own, I never used to do because it used to be another opportunity to secretly drink myself into oblivion ( what a waste of a day) but now I love the peace and doing just what I want to do.

Hiya suze, I remember you booking that course when you first came here. I wouldn't worry about it too much, 'horses for courses' and all that. At least you tried it. Stick to what you know, A.A suits you and you're doing amazingly well, turning your life round and being a fabulous mummy. Enjoy today with your bestie.

Thanks Dee, for letting us know where our Strawberry is, we worry when our friends go missing in action. I may pop over to November and say hello to her later. I hope all is good with you. x

See you all later.Love to you all.

Thought for the day. I like this one....

"Quiet the voice telling you to do more and be more, and trust that in this moment, who you are, where you are at, and what you are doing is enough. You will get to where you need to be in your own time. Until then, breathe. Breathe and be patient with yourself and your process. You are doing the best you can to cope and survive amid your struggles, and that’s all you can ask of yourself. It’s enough. You are enough."
Old 11-11-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Thanks Daisy and thank you for your thought for the day I will write that on my book. Love it and needed to read that today.

I hope your grandson has a super duper fun day!!
Old 11-11-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon xx

snitch hope your sore throat and cold doesn't linger and turn out bad x

thanks dee for telling us about strawberry hope she does well with the nov group x

on me yesterday i was more bored than lonely i guess, as u said daisy i used to not mind being by myself either as i myself used to drink through the day and waste the hrs. I am still at stage in trying to work through the hrs with out drinking which i am not to bad, i did go to bed to sleep more yesterday. Today is harder as hub has band practice tonight after his work and though i am dealing with through the day, evening is the hardest for me now. I will be fine i am sure x

Hope ur gson has a great bday and u have a good day also x

daughter phoned up at lunch time to say our wee wilem did his first proper crawl not long ago and hes only 6months! lol he was after his dads computer wires lol

will leave it there for now x hugs to all x
Old 11-11-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, this is a 'stupid o clock' post as I can't sleep, I think it's just gone past me. I hope you're all okay. My g.son's birthday party went well and he really enjoyed himself and got some lovely cards and gifts. He was very spoilt.

Suze I'm glad you liked that thought of the day, I liked it too and have written it in my little book, I thought it was very apt for us all. They are all from 'Tiny Buddha.' I hope your sore throat and cold are better and I hope you enjoyed that Sunday roast.

Hi Erratic, I hope you managed to get through your evening okay, do you do anything like reading or knitting or whatever to pass the time? Something like that may keep your mind off the dreaded poison. My g.son had an amazing day, thank you, he was worn out this evening and so was I, though I'm wide awake now.
Wow, Willem is crawling at 6 months, lol, they'll know they've got him now, nothing will be safe. I think they are hard work when they are crawling.

Anyway I'm going back to bed now to see if I can get some shut eye. Back tomorrow. Love to you all. xxx
Old 11-11-2018, 08:32 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I'm back at day 2 . I havnt left our group... Just need to find myself again and I'll be back. In the mean time I'm sticking with November class to be around people in the same situation xx
Old 11-11-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Morning all,

full of cold and sore throat but I'll live!

Hiya Strawb, thanks for checking in with us. You just need to find a defence against that FIRST drink. Mine was praying to my HP. Eating something sweet . Calling another alcoholic (or anyone supportive) going to a meeting (I know u don't have AA but maybe go to see a friend...who doesn't drink), sometimes I screamed and shouted when the urges came. I cried out Please please don't let me drink . I got exactly what step 1 said. I was powerless over alcohol and not just when I had taken a drink . I was powerless before I had . I had every intention to not drink and the next thing I would be drinking!!! Insanity. That's where you need to find a defence against that FIRST drink. Straw, I promise you if I can do it you can. I lived to drink. I couldn't imagine life without alcohol. I didn't even want a life without alcohol. So sad but true. 6 months later a miracle has happened and I don't even want to drink anymore . You have to make not drinking your no 1 priority. It's good you've joined November class but make sure you keep coming back here too as we miss you!!!

Erratic I saw Willem ob fb doing a little caterpillar crawl lol. So so cute! I bet u can't wait ti spend xmas with him it will be so magical.

Awww Daisy I am glad your grandson had a good time and It must have been nice for him to have his mum there. I've said it before and I I'll say it again, what a wonderful nanny you are. And a sober nanny to boot .

I'm in bed wondering if I should go to my meeting or stay wrapped up in the warm?! I bought a lovely new coat yesterday. A grey faux fur! I love my faux fur coats so it would be a good chance to wear it. Hmmm what to do... I know one thing I WON'T be doing... drinking. Yey. I really do feel free. Free the chains of alcohol. It is amazing.

Have a good day all....

Donny???
Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all xx
great to see u checking in strawberry hun, do what u have to do but please just check in and say hi to us when u can xxx i am in the same boat also strawberry x

daisy and snitch x on willem crawling yeah its the keep everything out of hands reach time for my daughter lol i love what u said snitch on the caterpillar crawl thats the perfect description for it lol so cute i will have to tell daughter that word lol.

hope u got some more sleep daisy hun and glad things went well with gson bday x
snitch did u go to the AA meeting?

yesterday wasn't to bad and ended up reading for a while and then watched documentary on mars. Hub is shattered and he is off to work again today, poor man. I am just a useless lay about, guess next year i will have to think about finding a bit of work, hard to find the right environment that will be more therapeutic for me. nvm thats for next year. Poor doodle was not well through the night and again this morn, so having to keep an eye on him and see if its just an upset stomach or the dreaded visit to vet x

Hope u all have a good morn and day x will check in later.
daisy keep up with the daily thoughts they are great x
Old 11-12-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi again lovelies, I hope you all slept better than I did, I was shattered when I went to bed but as soon as I lay down it was like 'ping' lets join the wide awake club. It's very cold and bleak looking this morning, I've done my usual school run and mum run, tidied the kitchen and I'm just having 5 minutes on here whilst I drink a coffee.

Aww Strawberry, hugs, so glad to see you here, I did go over to November and have a look at you but I was going to give it a bit longer before I butted in on the class lol. I think it's a good idea for you to join the November class but make sure you check in here too from time to time, you're part of our little S.R family. You will do this, keep trying and don't ever give up. Remember it isn't a race. I wish Donny boy would do the same. Take good care of yourselfxxxx

Hiya Suze, you've given some good advice there to Strawberry, I am powerless over alcohol too, that's why I don't want any more of it. My grandson had a lovely birthday thank you and it was good that his mum was there. To be honest though it is a bit of a strain for him as he only see's her for one weekend every 3 months and she speaks very little English, only the very basics like yes, no, today, tomorrow etc. It's all a very long and complicated story, with a lot of heartbreak thrown in by my son.
Anyway, look after that cold and get yourself fighting fit. xx

Hi Erratic, aww I saw Willem on your F.B, he'll be like Billy Wizz this time next week, bless him. I hope Doodle's okay. I have to sort out having my kitten speyed this week, not looking forward to that but needs must.

It's getting very quiet here, Kgirl hasn't posted in a while and Viper where are you? Rowlands also.

Got to go and phone my Internet supplier now, I've changed my password on my emails and can't remember it, I've tried to sort it online but they are asking for the account number on my bill. Lol, they send the bills to my email add which I can't get in to!!

Thought for the day...." Nobody’s perfect, so give yourself credit for everything you’re doing right, and be kind to yourself when you struggle."