Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 12-28-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Great work all

from a (recently) sober 5uper
Old 12-28-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

quick check in x so sry i havent had laptop out of bag since got there on sat x wil get on tomo before work as got told new lady not starting so working tmo and all day sun x its all been hard xx
Old 12-28-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils

Doing my bedtime post early today. I hope you've all had a good day. I enjoyed myself at the splash pool with the children then I took them to MacDonald's as a treat, I'll never be rich lol because all my money goes on the g.children. Money well spent.
I've got my g.daughter staying over tonight with the borrowed one, they are having a movie night in my dining room right now, as I type. They're watching The Greatest Showman, they've got the lights off and lots of snacks. In their element they are.

Oh that sounds like a lovely chill out Suze, I'm very envious, enjoy and have a safe journey home.
Yes, alcohol is sneaky and cunning, the A.V certainly beckoned me on boxing day, thank goodness I recognised it for what it was and gave myself a good talking to.. I'd be devastated if I lost control now.
I haven't got any plans for New Year, I like the sound of yours though p.j's and a takeaway would be good with me.

Oh wow Supersonic, it's made my day to see your post, thank you. Well done on being sober and please Keep posting, you're part of our gang. x

Hi Erratic, it's good to see you here too. I hope you had a lovely few days at your daughters', you've been missed here though. I shall look forward to reading your post tomorrow.xxx
Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you've been struggling but it's great to hear from you 5upersonic

D
Old 12-28-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 5upersonic View Post
Great work all

from a (recently) sober 5uper
hey.... welcome back !! X x
Old 12-28-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Your day and evening sounds lovely Daisy. What a wonderful gift to be present and sober and enjoy your grandkids! And they obviously have a blast with you! Beautiful.

Well done for not listening to your AV boxing day. I have to be honest I am quite glad christmas is all done and dusted now just because there is so much emphasis on alcohol. In AA they say to really watch out for January and February because there isn't much going on and it's a bit bleak but I for one am looking forward to these months as I am going to concentrate on getting fit, healthy and financially sober lol.

I have 2 and a half hours till call and looking forward to my own bed tonight .
Old 12-28-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, I'm glad it's all done and dusted too, I want to take my decorations down now and get back to normality ( if there is such a thing lol), there has definitely been too much emphasis on alcohol, there is anyway, but even more so over Christmas. I'm going to concentrate on looking after myself and being healthy. xx

Hi Dee, I hope you've had a good few days xx

Hey all, I've just realised that this is the last sober Friday of 2018 x
Old 12-28-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DB and everyone

D
Old 12-29-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils
I hope you're all in a good place, happy, sober and enjoying life. I think I've caught my husband's Christmas cold, I'm very sniffly today, he's far too generous with these things!

I'll check in again later, much love to you all. xxx

Thought for the day......

"The beautiful things about setbacks is they introduce us to our strengths."
Old 12-29-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Just checking in quickly to say good night.

Much love to you all. xxxxxxxx
Old 12-29-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

DB- get well soon!

D
Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Middle of the night check in!

I got back from Delhi yesterday afternoon. There were so many ill people on the plane and I have woken with that sort of sensitive skin ill feeling. Ugh. Just taken a couple of paracetamol and will hopefully get back to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to start juicing and blending! Need lots of vitamins. I really don't wanna be ill! I don't have time for It lol.

Daisy I hope you are feeling better too. There sure has been a lot of ot this year hasn't there?

Today we have some family coming down and are going out of lunch. More food!.am getting sick of it all now. I feel sluggish and in serious need of a detox. Last meal out and then I am getting on it. 8 months sober now which is unbelievable and I am looking forward to getting to know the sober me and trying new sober things in 2019!!

I read a post by lessgravity on here the other day. He? She? Was saying he was going to start going to AA meetings as he wanted to be round sober people as the christmas period has had so much emphasis on drinking etc. Although I do go to AA anyway, I just totally resonated with that post. When I got to my AA meeting on Christmas Day it was just such a relief. So lovely. I am feeling exactly the same way. I want to spend my time with non drinking people. Or people who at least don't drink heavily and especially people who are in recovery like me. Some of my friends and family are normal drinkers but I do have friends especially my pill popping mum friend who are sick like I was and it is so destructive and sad to watch. And I am absolutely powerless to do anything to help and as much as I want to be there for her/them my own recovery has to come first and it is hard to be around people like this. I said before I think on Christmas Day I had the sudden realisation that that was it. My old life and old ideas were really done and dusted and there was absolutely nothing for me in the pub life anymore ! A guy who was on my crew said he spent 3 days over christmas drunk and high! He has 2 little boys! I would have been envious of that before, but now I think how sad is that? I can't believe I spent so long doing that and numbing out and not being present!

Anyway sorry for rambling on. I have an 08.30 Gratitude meeting to go to so I had better try get some more sleep !
Old 12-29-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you home snitch

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-29-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-9-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 9)

D