Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 11-12-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I’m just checking in to say I’m ok. I hit a rough patch in my project here and logistics are a pain in the ***. I got ultra stressed and it put me in bed for 24 hours.

Hanging in in there tho

V
Old 11-12-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
Just checking in before going to bed. I hope you've all had the best day. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open so I'm just doing a short post.

Thanks for checking in Viper and I'm sorry you hit a bit of a rough patch. Keep on hanging in there! Take care. x

Good night all I'm off to bed. xxx
Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils,

Im sorry it’s been a few since I’ve posted. I’m sure you’ve heard about the fires here in Cali - North & South. It’s like Armageddon. The smoke is so thick and everyone is wearing masks. We all know people who have lost everything or are under the threat of losing everything. It’s a terribly sad time indeed. Please send prayers - we need the winds to die down and we need RAIN !

In the midst of all this I’ve been super frazzled in the middle of my most busy season and also balancing my second job and a design project for a pizzeria. It’s overwhelming but I’m keeping my head above water, somehow . By the time I crawl into bed I’m lucky if I can read a single page of my book before falling asleep. I’m mentally and physically exhausted but so grateful to be sober with zero desire to drink. 🙏🏼

I need to to catch up on posts but wishing each and every one of you lots of happiness, health and love !

G’night for now! ❤️

Old 11-12-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe bluesy

D
Old 11-13-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Morning all from my sick bed

Good to hear from you Vipe and if rest is what you need then rest up and recharge.

Blusey it is awful but it feels so surreal to me... I see these pictures in the news and then scroll on past because it doesn't affect me.. I will make sure I send prayers today for all people affected. Fire has got to be the worst. I can't begin to imagine what those poor people are going through and it makes me feel grateful that I am safe today .

HI Daisy and Erratic and Dee

I am full of cold and have a sore throat but that's ok, I'll survive. I am back in bed after getting Seren ready for school and it reminds me of those horrible old days when I was so hungover and used go get back in bed after she had gone in eugh! Thank God it is only because of a cold today.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe wherever you are. X x
Old 11-13-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afo all xx

Bit late in posting today, been bz morn and just cooked up some boiled chicken and rice and stock for doodle as he still has problem with stomach but he seems much brighter today so keeping it plain for him for a few days.

sry to hear u hit a problem viper and yup i am with u about going to bed xx hang in there x

bluesy my thoughts and wishes are with u all in cali and hope not many more lives are lost and u get a reprieve in the weather xxxx u also hang in there hun x hugs x

snitch u are best off laying up also with ur virus and yup understand and done it going back to bed once the child is at school and i am hungover. do hope u are better soon x hugs x

hey there daisy, hope u got a better sleep last night no wonder ur tired xx hope u have had a good morning urself xx

check on u all later xx
Old 11-13-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hello sober family! It's been awhile since I have had a chance to swing by and say hi. I'm fine, still sober, and just a couple days away from 7 months of sobriety. I have zero desire to drink at all and am really excited about the holidays coming up to celebrate sober! I have found life is so much more enjoyable sober. I find myself stopping and just appreciating the moments, big or small. You only get one life and it's precious. Do we really want to spend half of it drunk or hungover. I have come to the conclusion at least for me that no, absolutely not!
So my life is still a whirlwind of busy. And it just got busier/more stressful this past weekend. My oldest daughter moved back in with us with my g.daughter. I have all my kids back home plus my g.daughter
I love them dearly but this is just really going to be tough. But they need us and no way could I turn them away. I just hope my daughter can get her act together and do the right things for her daughter now that she's a single mom. She is very loving to her daughter and doesn't neglect any of her day to day needs so I don't worry about that. But she dropped out of college and went to "beauty" school. She has her esthetician license but doesn't use it. Instead she is a server at two restaurants. I watch my g.daughter 2 nights a week and 1 day on the weekends so she can bring in a little money but it's not going to be enough to support the both of them. I have encouraged her to go back to school but I don't think she has any interest in doing that. Sigh. I love that she is a free spirit but I am very worried.
Work is off the charts busy. I have had so many responsibilities piled on me and partly because one team member is hardly in the office and for whatever reason our manager does not hold them accountable. On top of it he doesn't really give me credit for all that I do for the team member and for him really. I don't want to cry about it and sound like a martyr but it's just been insane at work. I am in meetings literally back to back all day and then logging in early or staying late to actually "work". I'm not really sure how long this can be sustainable.
On top of all of that my husband and I have booked a trip to Jamaica for the end of February so we are on a big time slim down in preparation. We have been following the Whole30 reset. We are on day 12 and because you are not allowed any processed foods whatsoever I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try not to be a stranger for so long again. Take care lovies.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils, hope you're all happy, well and sober.
I had a stressful morning, the traffic was gridlocked due to wagon overturning on the motorway and the roads were virtually at a standstill, it took me over 3 hrs to do the school run!! My eldest g.son who is 11 is on the Asberger's spectrum, bless him. and can't cope with anything that it out of sequence. Everything has to go to plan for him to get through his day stress free, well I sent his mum a text telling her I was on the way to pick him and his sister up but the traffic was horrendous and I was going to be v late. Got a reply back saying he was having a melt down. He has to be in school for 8.40 and I didn't even get to his house until 8.55. When I got there my daughter had left for work and her husband was outside with my gson who was pacing up and down, crying and panicking. I had to practically wrestle him into the car where he had a total meltdown. He is terrified of getting into trouble and getting a detention, even though his mum phoned the school to inform them he would be late and explained to him that he wouldn't be in trouble, he couldn't take it in. I did manage to calm him down eventually but he looked like a whitewashed sheet. I got him to school and took him into the office there, explained to the receptionist that his mum had phoned etc etc, she was lovely and assured him that he wasn't in any trouble and that lots of pupils and some staff were also late. He was okay. I felt awful for him but if I'd have kept him off I would never get him in school when the traffic is bad again. I could cry for him sometimes, he get so anxious. I then took my other 2 perishers to their school, they were just delighted that they would be having a shorter day, lol. Honestly in a previous life that would have tipped me over into a goldfish bowl of wine but a good, strong cup of tea did the trick instead.

Lovely to see you here Bluesey and I am so sorry about those fires. I've seen them on the news and I can only imagine how frightening it all must be. Take good care of yourself and stay safe. Life can be so unfair at times, here's us in the U.K with much rain to spare. If only.
You sound very, very busy so make sure you take some time out just for you, you need it, even if it's only the odd half hour to read a chapter or take a little walk. Happiness, health and love right back at ya.

Oh no Suze, get well soon. At least you don't have to self medicate with you know what, such a bonus.
By the way, I love your little girl's name, Seren, that's so pretty. xx

Afternoon Erratic, I'm late too. I hope Doodle picks up soon. I did get a better nights sleep last night, thank you, but I think this mornings shenanigans wiped out any benefits from it.

Lovely to see you posting too Kelley, I missed you. Your life sounds even more manic than mine, so make sure you look after yourself too. You have to take good care of yourself in order to be able to look after others. Right?
Re work, your manager sounds very weak, try to stay calm and just concentrate on doing the best you can, no one can ask any more than that.

Right then, I'm off. Have a good day all of you with love from me.

Thought for the day....." The fact that you’re struggling doesn’t make you a burden. It doesn’t make unlovable, undesirable, or undeserving of care. It doesn’t make you too much or too sensitive or too needy. It makes you human."
Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say goodnight....

Old 11-13-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, I had an early night last night so am now awake at 5 30! Feel much better now thank goodness, can get out and about today.
I had a drinking dream last night... well actually a non drinking dream. I was in a bar/pub wondering what to have and I looked at the wine menu and realised I actually didn't want to drink and I ordered a cranberry and soda! Wow! Even in my dreams I am sober now. Pretty cool huh?

kgirl, it's good to here from you! I got a friend request on here from you but I use my phone and my.tablet is a bit old and it doesn't seem to let me accept it? So please don't think I haven't wanted to. Are you on Facebook?? I am with you on the zero desire to drink. But it has only recently happened for me. Wow you have lots going on!! But a lovely holiday to look forward to!!

Daisy , awww your poor grandson. It sounds like you made the right decision and I am glad he was ok in the end. Honestly, tea is my go to drink now. The other morning I ran out of bags and I was like a mad woman trying to find if I had stashed some anywhere. At least it wasnt alcohol I was on the hunt for!!

Erratic, you sound such a good "mum" to your little Doodle. Just do what you need to do right now and be there for him. The gym can wait!

Rowlands are you still with us? Also we are missing Nichole and Donny. If either of you are reading please come back! Do not give up. Do not let alcohol win.

I hope everyone has a good day. Will check in later x x
Old 11-14-2018, 12:18 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x just a quick one just now

Had bad night with doodle but again he is still perky but today will be the last day if he is not any better it will have to be the vet.

good to see u all x
Old 11-14-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Day 128 here.

Organizing this thing I’m working on has been a real challenge. It’s very complicated, non linear, and I need to put my trust into things that could go wrong and screw up everything. I need to work out part 5 and commit to it, before I know I can pull off part 3 or 4.

And... I need to fight the psycho parrots in my head constantly saying, ‘This is never going to work. Why are you even doing this? What’s the point? What about these other options? What if this crucial section fails? What if this, what if that?’ It’s vicious.

Totally exhausting!

V
Old 11-14-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and not exert yourself too much Vipe - if it takes a little longer to get all your ducks in a row so be it - think of the eventual rewards

Best wishes and thoughts to you and Doodle, Erratic.

Hey snitch DB and Kgirl

D
Old 11-14-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

The rewards will be awesome Dee. I do have to move fast so that I can get what I need in advance. I pushed the whole project back 1.5 months to take the stress off me and because if Holiday complications. I was starting to get chest pains. So I made the right move there. Now I have way more time, but there are still deadlines. The sooner the better.

Its cold here now. Windy and cold. Starting at this time of year here you spend all of your time trying to be warm. I’m hoping that it doesn’t become brutal like last year. I like rain and overcast instead of 5 degrees and snow all winter. You never know here.

V
Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all okay. I did post this afternoon, I got right to the end of my post and the Internet went down, I wasn't happy and I didn't have to time to do it all again, so annoying.
It's really cold here now, short days, long dark nights, I don't like it, I'm a summer person. I can't believe that Christmas is almost upon us, I don't feel in the least bit Christmassy, I need to give myself a kick up the backside and get some presents sorted. I've become aware over the last few days that I'm still procrastinating far too much, I need to make a serious effort to work on this, starting now, not tomorrow.

Glad you're feeling much better now Suze but I bet you were in bed early tonight after being wide awake at 5.30. Wow, fancy having a non drinking sensible dream, ha ha .
My g,son was fine today thank you, he'll be okay next time it happens ( I hope) now he knows that he won't get in any trouble or get a detention, bless him.

I hope Doodle's okay Erratic. Thinking about you. xx

Well done on day 128 Viper, that's brilliant. Well you're keeping us in suspense with this project your working on, my minds doing overtime trying to think what it could be. Don't listen to those psycho parrots in your head, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I wish you all the luck in the world, just make sure you look after your health though, there is nothing that is worth making yourself ill over.

Well that's it from me tonight. Sleep well. xxxxx
Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Yesterday was a weird one. My head was all fuzzy and felt disconnected due to my cold and it reminded me of when I was hungover and felt awkward and couldn't communicate properly and it
left me feeling really anxious last night also my eating habits went to pot and I ate loads of crap when sick and I am finding in sobriety that when I eat crap it makes me feel crap but for an alcoholic like me it can send me into a depression and we know where that can lead so yesterday I ate lots of good wholesome food and got myself to bed early and feel better for it this morning.

time to get up for school run and got my meeting and then going for lunch with a friend, see you all latet x x
Old 11-15-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all u loveys x

Keep up the challenging work viper as u know and said it will be worth it in the end. Maybe when parrots are chattering to much is pull a dark sheet over the head x normal works x just kidding though xx hugs

daisy get started on ur xmas shop even if its just one thing it may make u feel more xmasy x sry u lost ur post also, dam internet!

snitch aww sry u was fuzzy i hope that is just the lingering cold on its way out x on eating crap sometimes, we need to do that as its ur body saying its wanting it. x

On the doodle situation he is better and had normalish number 2 this morn and also he had a bit of his normal food last night and didn't have any night time need to go out, which i was still sleeping very light and waking up to any noise just in case he was wandering about. So i am a bit happier in again seeing how today goes, with out upset to the vet.

hello to everyone else and hope to hear from u all when u can xx
Old 11-15-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hello all ! Plodding on with day 5! Staying strong !
Blue hope all I calming down now in Cali and I will pray for rain for you. Fire is so scary and moves so fast !
Hugs to all xx
Old 11-15-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

Bed time for me. Felt anxious yesterday and still anxious today. It's a horrible feeling. I don't really know what the cause is. Maybe a variety of things. However tbe good news is I am sober and I don't even have a desire to drink. Which, amazing as that is, has kind of left me in a bit of no man's land. I have spent the last 6 months doing everything possible NOT pick up a drink and now I don't actually want to drink, im a bit like, errr what now?! Lol! Never happy .
So night everyone, hope you are all feeling better than me today!
and well done Strawberry. Keep going hon. It really is possible !! X x
Old 11-15-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, first chance I've had to post today. I'm very, very tired and I'm going to bed, just wanted to let you know I'm okay and will post further in the morn.

Much love to you all. xxx