Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 10-24-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone and good to read your posts!

Well done on 101 days Vipe and for getting through your craving and panic attack. I don't suffer from panic attacks (I have done years ago) but I do still get intense cravings, sometimes out the blue. I had one today at work. I opened the chiller in the galley on the aircraft and a waft of champagne hit me and fired up some neurons in my brain and I was like whoaaa, I really wanna drink aaahhh! But it passed. Quickly actually. And that's the great thing... once you start getting past these cravings you get to recognise them and realise they DO pass and we DON'T have to act on them. We don't have to drink!

I am back from India and in bed with a cuppa. So nice to be back and will get my little girl tomorrow so will have a Iazy lie in in the morning.

Night all x x x
Old 10-24-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats vipes and snitch especially - but congrats to everyone for being here, and sober today

D
Old 10-25-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

A fast hello ! Has Donny been on line at all ? I don't know how to check?
Old 10-25-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all okay. All good with me, I'm in Rhodes now, ww had quite a lot of turbulence on the flight but we got here. The hotel is lovely, spotlessly clean and the food is good. It was a bit of a bummer at dinner when the waiter came to our table with bottles of wine, turned the glasses upwards and asked which wine we wanted. I could almost taste it. Ermm water for me please. We went for a walk along the beach this morning and a little look round the shops then came back for lunch. The WiFi here is very intermittent so if I don't check in then that's why. I'm finding I difficult to sit down and relax as I'm not used to doing nothing so i collected some pebbles on the beach and I'm going to paint them. I brought my psont pens with me just on case.

I'm going now. Look after yourselves and be good. Love you all. Xxx
Old 10-25-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the break DaisyBelle

I haven't seen Donny for a while Strawberry,

D
Old 10-25-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

strawberry looks like donny hasn't been onsite since 14th x

nothing much going on with me, took dog for long walk at lunch time and met an old dog walker i know. Told him about pepper and i ended up in tears again doh, but he understood as i lost his first dog when he the dog was only 7yrs old. so he was watching doodle as it ended up over a ball which this is the second time that doodle has turned grumpy and aggressive to another dog this past 2 and half weeks. he knew also that it wasn't like him, so again i am just going to have to watch how his personality is going and deal with his behavior on each occasion by putting him back on a lead. hmm

anyway i might be going to the gym tonight will see how i feel later x

snitch good that u got back safely and well done on saying no x
glad u got there also safely daisy x
Hey there viper good to see u x

will check in later xx hugs to all x
Old 10-25-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm really sad about Donny ! Justtony seems to have disappeared again too!
Mum enjoy Greece and it's wonderful food!
Kefalinia is still hot but the sea is cooling down now ! Time to put the munchkins to bed and myself hehe.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find that most folks do come back Strawberry - maybe not under the same name,. but they come back

D
Old 10-25-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Omg kefalonia and zantie been hit by 6.7 earthquake . Im
terrified . The aftershocks will
start now . I will not drink today .
Old 10-25-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

The Island is constantly morning from aftershocks ! Kids drift of them wake up to another shock . It's still dark to inspect the outside damage . I've cleaned up the things that smashed in the house . I find earthquake less scary than the wildfires .
Last time we had a 6.2 in 2014 we had aftershocks for a month o the joy of living in paradise !
Old 10-25-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Strawberry that island looks unbelievable. How’s the water over the winter? Greece isn’t far south enough to have warm winters right? I’d rather go when it’s hot. Maybe spying? The danger seeking viper would rather just relax on Sicily or a Greek island and not worry about my camera and cash too much.

Ive has a lot of anxiety, but I just fight it all day. My panic attacks and anxiety are not cravings though. I have still have no cravings. I might think for a minute that a drink or 10 would kill the anxiety for s while, but that’s the extent it, and I don’t crave it. Thank goodness.

Donny needs to come back. I have a feeling he’ll return to us. You can always just click on his profile and look for his latest posts, but I think he’d come here first. The life of a problem drinker, we all can relate. We’ve all done it. I’m not happy he’s not here, but I’ll welcome him with open arms the second he returns.

Alrighty, well it’s bed time. 11:30pm. I’m under all of my covers and ready to turn out the light.

Goodnight my family.

🔥🐍🔥

Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Vipe it's cold wet and windy here in the winter ! And water will freeze your balls.
Crete is a walker winter Greek island !
Old 10-25-2018, 10:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the danger has passed Strawberry.

D
Old 10-26-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi April's
Just doing a quick check whilst I've got a signal. I managed to log in earlier and do my 24 hr pledge, I can never settle until I've done that.
I hope you're all okay and continuing to fight the good fight.
All okay with me despite having a stinking cold, only I can come away on holiday and get a heavy cold, I'm sure.I'm blaming Viper for spreading his germs.
Anyway, I'm having a good chill out, it's been hot today and I've done a lot of not very much other than going for a walk. It's a bit quiet here and the shops etc shut early but no worries, we'll make the most of it. I'm hoping to go on a boat trip whilst we're here, going to look round for one tomorrow.
Hopefully I'll get to check in again tomorrow. Take care and be good. Night night. Xx
Old 10-26-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Double post.

Xx xxx
Old 10-26-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I need to stop posting while I’m half asleep. I just read my last post, and there’s 10 typos.

Anyway, quick check in. I’m in for the night. 104 days I think. This will be a record for me in another few days. I’ve done longer but only when I’ve been very sick, or non consecutive periods of time. Like 150 days with 2 screw ups. Even 150 days with 2 screw ups is amazing but it doesn’t get a person to the point of BOOZE IS NO OPTION.

Have a a good day/night.

🔥🐍🔥 THE VIPER
Old 10-26-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Vipes
Take care of yourself DaisyBelle

How are you other Aprillers doing?

D
Old 10-27-2018, 12:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

ffs just looked outside and its flippen snowing? ohwell lol i mean we was having a mini heatwave last weekend now we have light snow lol

oh ur typos viper cant be as bad mine and im not even sleepy lol again congrats on ur length of time.

here thinking of u strawberry hope the after shocks is not to bad hun xx
daisy wow taking a cold with u on holiday, what next lol
here thinking of you all x nichole, kgirl, bluesy x

have a good day all xx
Old 10-27-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Checking in. It’s rainy and chilly here. My car was blanketed in wet leaves when I went out there. Fall leaves are something I don’t enjoy. I’ve been in New England long enough to see the best fall foliage the world can offer. But, those dazzling colors mean you will be cleaning up leaves for a month. It’s so futile. We have 100 trees. Blow off the leaves and the next day they’re just back again. Odious, torturous, futile practice of keeping a little parcel of land under your control and leaf free. I’ll take s mini house in New Mexico, surround it with gravel, end of story. The off the grid mini houses are fantastic, but like everything else, hipsters, tech workers, and retired millionaires looking to downsize, have driven up prices.

It’s like ‘Homesteading.’ A new fad in the US, where you sell your $1.3 million condo in San Francisco buy 100 acres in Oklahoma, grow a beard, erect a log cabin, and live off the land. I’d actually prefer that to most lifestyles, but there is something incredibly annoying and seemingly disingenuous about a couple that both have $500,000 Ivy League educations, describing their lifestyle on National Public Radio, with metaphors and vocabulary they used in their theses at Yale.

I’m so judgmental. I’m jealous of just being able to do whatever you want. ‘Well I’ve got $800,000 in a trust fund,’ or ‘Ive Got $800,000 I put away from 5 years of work. I can either go the traditional way in which case I’ll need to work forever, or I can just downsize the hell out of my life and homestead, or get a mini house with no bills attached.’ Many times this downsizing comes with great sacrifice, like only being able to own a really cool old Range Rover Defender, and an awesome 2003 BMW Enduro (on/off road) motorcycle.

Being sick and losing out on important time, plus all of my other issues, put me in a spot where I can’t make that choice. I need a revenue source (J-O-B) that will get me those simple things. It’s not a lot yo ask. I’m not looking for a Porsche or a yacht.

Blah blah. Just thinking out loud.

Later on. Day 105,

Vipes
Old 10-28-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning April's, I hope you're all well, happy and sober. All okay with me, I'm just sat on the bed waiting for my husband to get showered and dressed for breakfast. I'm feeling very chilled, just about getting used to not rushing around after everyone. Weather is good but I believe I'm in for a shock when we go home, phoned my mum yesterday who told me that the ground is white at home! Yuck.
Ive had no major yearnings to drink even though I'm surrounded by alcohol and the wine is on tap. Be nice to have one, but when you don't have a stop button one doesn't cut it. I'm happy with juice, water or coffee, that'll do for me.
Got to go, he's ready.
layers. Love to you all. Xxx