I'm glad you're back Pouncer

D
Old 05-17-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Me too pouncer. X
Old 05-18-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm sorry to have gone MIA for a while. I've been sick since last week and I've been feeling flu-like for the last few days now. I've been keeping up to date with all of your posts though and everyone should be proud of themselves for coming on here to post rather than listening to the AV It's really nice how close all of us are, I come here and post and read some days even when I'm not craving a drink just because I've missed you all.

Anyways, I'm back at work today but still sick. The one silver lining of being this sick is drinking is the LAST thing on my mind. Nothing like a touch of the flu to shut the AV down.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday! Btw- has anyone seen Mad Max yet? I was supposed to see it this weekend Just wondering if it's as good as everyone is saying it is.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Glad you're feeling better kafka.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Guys
Old 05-18-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi all
Looks like a few of us have been a bit absent lately! I'm still here too, still sober, day 50 today.
I've been thinking about drinking a few times lately, I think this is what happened last time between day 50-60 I started thinking I could control it again. So for now I've mainly been avoiding situations where there's alcohol or that I'd be too anxious in and want to drink. Lots of yoga, gratitude, taking care of myself. All seems to quieten the av so far
A bit has been going on too, I've had to change my diet - I rarely eat meat anyway and lately dairy has been making me quite ill not to mention can trigger my migraines so I'm practically vegan at the moment which has taken some adjusting and trying to make sure I still have enough energy etc
I also still have this big work opportunity looming that is exciting but terrifying, and I've organised a meeting to discuss doing my phd. I feel very lucky to have some of options but I do tend to drink when I get excited or anxious so I'm having to really keep on top of my feelings.
I'm glad you guys are still here, I'll try and catch up on everyone's posts today I think I've missed a lot!
❤️
Old 05-18-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Kafkaesque

D
Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
good to see you back Kafkaesque D
Thank you everyone
Old 05-18-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi all Looks like a few of us have been a bit absent lately! I'm still here too, still sober, day 50 today. I've been thinking about drinking a few times lately, I think this is what happened last time between day 50-60 I started thinking I could control it again. So for now I've mainly been avoiding situations where there's alcohol or that I'd be too anxious in and want to drink. Lots of yoga, gratitude, taking care of myself. All seems to quieten the av so far A bit has been going on too, I've had to change my diet - I rarely eat meat anyway and lately dairy has been making me quite ill not to mention can trigger my migraines so I'm practically vegan at the moment which has taken some adjusting and trying to make sure I still have enough energy etc I also still have this big work opportunity looming that is exciting but terrifying, and I've organised a meeting to discuss doing my phd. I feel very lucky to have some of options but I do tend to drink when I get excited or anxious so I'm having to really keep on top of my feelings. I'm glad you guys are still here, I'll try and catch up on everyone's posts today I think I've missed a lot! ❤️
Immri, I am the same way. Day 60 and the AV would be shouting "you aren't an alcoholic! Look at how easily you got through the past 60 days! You can control it!" Congrats on your diet change and your PhD discussion! That's of course a huge deal and you should be so proud! I personally am impressed (and a biiiit jealous, as I still am studying for the LSAT :/) Just shut your AV down before it gets too loud we are here for you! Do you have a specific sober plan or are you more or less focusing on keeping yourself busy as your plan?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Spirit, if you're around I'd love to hear how you're doing and to see if you were able to work out your plans! Have a great day everybody

Also, thank you Mystified! And hi Soberwolf
Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Kafkaesque, yes exactly! thats just what i say to myself around 60 days too, at least we're aware of it? i do have a plan but i've just been adjusting it a bit today actually, i'm making myself a flow chart for what to do when i feel anxious, excited, want to join in with friends, feeling sorry for myself etc and what to do instead of drinking, i'm going to put it next to my desk (where i spend all my time at home!!) and take a photo to keep on my phone, i think that helps a bit.

and thanks! i still need to write my proposal and apply for scholarships and finalise a supervisor, so a long way off actually getting down to it, but i'm excited things are going in the right direction and that i at least have the confidence to say 'this is what i want' and ask for help getting there. i'm trying not to let myself think about it too much because its all so uncertain at the moment, but the prospect of continuing research into something i'm so passionate about and interested in is so exciting to me! i was avoiding it before because i was so terrified of rejection and of asking lecturers for help and advice, so i'm just grateful i've gotten over that a bit. goodluck with your LSAT too!! i'm not sure what the process is it's a bit different in Australia, but seems exciting
Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Wow Marchers!!! So many good things happening here lately! I'm so proud of you guys and I guess of myself too. I'm on day 37. Thats two days more than my last go round!

Immri, congrats not only on how long you've fought the AV but also on moving towards your PhD. Holy cow! What a feat! I hope it all works out well for you. Keep us posted!

Kafka, congrats on shutting out the AV. That's not always an easy task. But it seems you've got a good handle on it. I hope your LSAT goes well. I got lucky in that regard. I'm going into a community college program that will assist me in getting into Penn State to finish my Bachelor's. To answer your question, my plans are coming along quite nicely! I'll be heading home in June just like I'd hoped to! So now I'm super busy planning the move and packing and all of that good stuff. Pretty stressful but hey, it's to be expected when you're planning to move so far right?
Old 05-19-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Also, before I go away for awhile, I hope that all of the other Marchers out there are doing well. I haven't seen some of us here in quite a long time. I hope it's because they're busy living great lives and making dreams come true for themselves. Good luck you guys, wherever you are!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Wow Marchers!!! So many good things happening here lately! I'm so proud of you guys and I guess of myself too. I'm on day 37. Thats two days more than my last go round!

Immri, congrats not only on how long you've fought the AV but also on moving towards your PhD. Holy cow! What a feat! I hope it all works out well for you. Keep us posted!

Kafka, congrats on shutting out the AV. That's not always an easy task. But it seems you've got a good handle on it. I hope your LSAT goes well. I got lucky in that regard. I'm going into a community college program that will assist me in getting into Penn State to finish my Bachelor's. To answer your question, my plans are coming along quite nicely! I'll be heading home in June just like I'd hoped to! So now I'm super busy planning the move and packing and all of that good stuff. Pretty stressful but hey, it's to be expected when you're planning to move so far right?
Please keep in touch Spirit! So glad your plans came together!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Day 81. Still going strong. Eating too much ice cream--probably not healthy. Need some alternatives. About to watch the last show of David Letterman. Going camping this weekend for the holiday.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Thats awesome bobcat.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Day 81. Still going strong. Eating too much ice cream--probably not healthy. Need some alternatives. About to watch the last show of David Letterman. Going camping this weekend for the holiday.
81! Wow! Congrats bobcat! It's good to see that you're doing so well. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go bobcat
good lucky with everything Immri

D
Old 05-22-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post

Wow bobcat! Congrats on 81 days! I'm with you on the ice cream overload. Between shutting the AV up and having the flu for the past week, I've eaten my body weight in ice cream. I don't think I'm ready to give up the sweets just yet, though, so I'll have to increase my cardio or something!

I'm on day 75, myself. I can't wait to get to those triple digits! I kept a journal last year when I managed to stay sober for 6 months and around day 90-100, not drinking became more of a reflex. My entries seemed to be more focused on what I was doing those days (going to the park, meeting friends for coffee, running on the beach, etc) than me being paranoid about going to a friends house and focusing on the half empty bottle of vodka on top of her fridge. Lol. It does seem a bit easier so I'm looking forward to that

I have a quick question for everyone: do any of you drink non-alcoholic beer? I know that this is a hotly debated topic. During my last stint of sobriety, I drank an o'douls maybe once or twice a week? I was never one to get drunk on beer (always vodka) but I've always loved the way beer tasted. I've been debating with myself whether drinking o'douls actually helped me stay sober longer, as I had something to look forward to when going out with friends and it made me feel like a nice compromise: I gave up alcohol but I didn't have to give up beer. But, I worry that the taste of the beer reminded me of real beer, and eventually the fake stuff wasn't doing it anymore hence the relapse after 6 months.

Any thoughts? I could easily live without NA beer. It's not even a big deal. It's just something about summer weather and sitting outside relaxing with a cold one sounds appealing... Is this the AV talking? I can't tell sometimes the AV can disguise itself so well!

Thanks for the input have an awesome Friday everyone!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post

I have a quick question for everyone: do any of you drink non-alcoholic beer? I know that this is a hotly debated topic. During my last stint of sobriety, I drank an o'douls maybe once or twice a week? I was never one to get drunk on beer (always vodka) but I've always loved the way beer tasted. I've been debating with myself whether drinking o'douls actually helped me stay sober longer, as I had something to look forward to when going out with friends and it made me feel like a nice compromise: I gave up alcohol but I didn't have to give up beer. But, I worry that the taste of the beer reminded me of real beer, and eventually the fake stuff wasn't doing it anymore hence the relapse after 6 months.

Any thoughts? I could easily live without NA beer. It's not even a big deal. It's just something about summer weather and sitting outside relaxing with a cold one sounds appealing... Is this the AV talking? I can't tell sometimes the AV can disguise itself so well!

Thanks for the input have an awesome Friday everyone!
I asked this question a few months ago and I was told to leave NA beer alone by , so I did. I never liked beer anyway.

lost count on my days, will need to go back and figure it out...

things here are going okay, AV still peripherally lurking around...