Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 5

Old 05-28-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Checking in at 85 days! Wanted to give you an update. My new job is going okay, I've been there 2 months now. As you know, my dog passed away a month ago and in looking to fill the huge hole in our hearts, we just got a new puppy. what a lot of work! But so full of cuteness and innocence. (and a lot of work!!)

So glad to still be with this group heading towards June. You guys have been so supportive, I can't thank you enough!
Welcome back secretary! Good to know that you're doing well. Especially after your loss. Congratulations on the new job, I hope that all works out well for you.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone! I got through the night and made it to today, day 82, I'm proud of it. These past few weeks have been testing me but my sober plan is working in my favor.

Secretary, I'm glad you're enjoying your new job more and congratulations on the puppy your new pup is very lucky to have you and your family!

On a slightly unrelated note, my cat has been sneaking outside when we come and go from the house lately. A few weeks ago I was out and my husband came home with groceries and he snuck out undetected. It wasn't until I came home half an hour later and started looking for him that I found him hidden in the bushes. He's declawed (not by me, we adopted him after it was done) so he would not survive in the wild. Times like this I'm reminded how close I came to losing him and how if I had been drinking then or was currently, he would have snuck out and I would have been too drunk to notice until it was likely too late.

Sobriety can be hard sometimes but it sure beats the alternative!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ambassador Of.

Regarding F-bombs - type them out all you like - the automatic censor will get it (we have a worksafe rule here)

Everyone knows what **** means

D
Old 05-29-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Oh I had the same thought with my dog! He likes to try to escape or grab something naughty to eat and I'm so grateful im able to jump into action now haha

60 days sober today, been pretty down these last few days even though some good things have happened, that's not so bad in itself just the depression and resulting exhaustion stops me taking care of myself as well as I should which has always led to a relapse in the past. Definitely trying to fight against that though

Good to see everyone still posting
Old 05-29-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

With June around the corner and our new lifestyle launched, I am thinking this could be the best summer ever for us Marchers! I might do the traditional summer thing now: shed those 10 winter pounds and discard accumulated stuff hiding in the basement and closets.

Mel
Old 05-29-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Oh I had the same thought with my dog! He likes to try to escape or grab something naughty to eat and I'm so grateful im able to jump into action now haha

60 days sober today, been pretty down these last few days even though some good things have happened, that's not so bad in itself just the depression and resulting exhaustion stops me taking care of myself as well as I should which has always led to a relapse in the past. Definitely trying to fight against that though.

Good to see everyone still posting
Hey immri! Good to see you around. Congrats on the 60 days, that's awesome! Fighting depression can be extremely difficult. But the good news is you don't have to do it alone. You've got friends and family you can lean on, including us. And if it really gets to be too much you can always seek professional help as well. I have in the past. There's no shame in that. Good luck to you and I wish you all the best.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
With June around the corner and our new lifestyle launched, I am thinking this could be the best summer ever for us Marchers! I might do the traditional summer thing now: shed those 10 winter pounds and discard accumulated stuff hiding in the basement and closets.

Mel
Mel, that's a great idea, and working on the ever elusive "beach body" would definitely have some benefits. Not only health benefits but morale as well. As for the "spring cleaning" idea, it's always good to do. My wife and I will go through all of our things periodically and shed the excess. Our rule is if it hasn't been taken out of storage in the past year, we probably don't need it. It's worked well for us so far. Of course, we've moved quite a bit in the past 7 years or so. And with our current move we are shedding even more. Anyway, great ideas Mel. Happy Marching!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Day 92 (or 3 months) today. Hanging in there. Having major boss issues at work and very frustrated about it. I don't like micro managers. But I know drinking won't change him. Instead I am getting my resume together.

Welcome back Secretary. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new pup. They are fun.

Lots of sober days being piled up by lots of people on here--keep it going.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Day 92 (or 3 months) today. Hanging in there. Having major boss issues at work and very frustrated about it. I don't like micro managers. But I know drinking won't change him. Instead I am getting my resume together.

Welcome back Secretary. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new pup. They are fun.
Lots of sober days being piled up by lots of people on here--keep it going.
Sorry to hear that Bobcat. Micro management sucks. It makes you feel incompetent sometimes. My current boss was an extreme micro manager when he first arrived but in the 18 months or so that he's been here he has relaxed considerably. To be honest, I sort of regret leaving because now, he's actually one of the best bosses I've ever had. I think what changed his attitude was the realization that his employees were in fact competent, highly skilled individuals who could accomplish given tasks with great results. Perhaps your boss will ease up as well? Best of luck to you. Keep your chin up and keep Marching.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Thanks Djinn! - time to keep on Marching . . .
Old 06-01-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it's been a rough few days for me. My doctor switched my medication on me a few weeks ago and I've been dealing with the fact that the medication has been making my condition worse, which in turn had made me frustrated and depressed resulting in me really wanting to drink to just forget about all of it. I've been keeping myself busy, though, cleaning, meeting up with friends, and working out. Today is day 85. I can't wait to hit that 90 day mark. My husband has recently come around and I guess since I didn't relapse around day 60 like I've done may times in the past, he really believes my sobriety is forever and has been supportive. It makes me that much more motivated to stick with it. I know after enough relapses it won't matter how long I'm sober, he would never believe it was for good. So I'm determined to make this time work!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Today is day 85. I can't wait to hit that 90 day mark.
Hi K.,

Best wishes on making it to the 90 and beyond. I know you (and I guess all of us!) can do it.

Mel
Old 06-01-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Hi everyone, it's been a rough few days for me. My doctor switched my medication on me a few weeks ago and I've been dealing with the fact that the medication has been making my condition worse, which in turn had made me frustrated and depressed resulting in me really wanting to drink to just forget about all of it. I've been keeping myself busy, though, cleaning, meeting up with friends, and working out. Today is day 85. I can't wait to hit that 90 day mark. My husband has recently come around and I guess since I didn't relapse around day 60 like I've done may times in the past, he really believes my sobriety is forever and has been supportive. It makes me that much more motivated to stick with it. I know after enough relapses it won't matter how long I'm sober, he would never believe it was for good. So I'm determined to make this time work!
Wow! Day 85! That's amazing. I'm slowly working my way towards 60 days and can't imagine being so close to 90. Congrats! I'm sure your husband's heart is in the right place. It sounds like it. I know that in my early failed attempts to get sober my wife was much the same. I'd only make it to ten days or so before I'd go back to the bottle and when I'd complain or say that I wanted to quit for good my wife would scoff. When I made it to 35 days last time she then understood that I truly wanted sobriety but I was struggling. Now, at 50 days, she's fully behind me. You can do this! We're rooting for you and I'm SURE your husband is too!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Marchers dropping by to say hello & keep up the good work
Old 06-01-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
and discard accumulated stuff hiding in the basement and closets.
Mel
De-cluttering is a goal of mine for 2015, but I haven't made much headway yet. Just got done reading a book by Marie Kondo, "The life-changing magic of tidying up". Lots of useful suggestions in it. I think it is on the best-seller list right now.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Day 77. Feeling awesome about my recovery just now.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I read all your posts but don't post as often as I should.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Today is day 85. I can't wait to hit that 90 day mark.
Almost there Kafka. You have been right behind me this whole time. Today was 93 for me.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Day 77. Feeling awesome about my recovery just now.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone
Hi Mystified. Welcome back. Congrats on 77 days.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

some really great milestones here guys - congratulations

D
Old 06-02-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Hello all! I misspoke yesterday when I posted that I was at day 50. I am actually at day 50 today. Oops! So many moving pieces lately that it's hard to keep track. :P

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's good to see so many of us still posting and fighting the good fight. Joining the March 2015 class was definitely one of the best decisions I could've made in my fight for sobriety. Thank you Marchers. Not only for the fellowship and support but for sharing your struggles, your successes, your mishaps, everything! I hope that we can continue to support each other even as 2015 gives way to 2016, and beyond. Good luck guys and keep Marching!