View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
immri

Kafkaesque, yes exactly! thats just what i say to myself around 60 days too, at least we're aware of it? i do have a plan but i've just been adjusting it a bit today actually, i'm making myself a flow chart for what to do when i feel anxious, excited, want to join in with friends, feeling sorry for myself etc and what to do instead of drinking, i'm going to put it next to my desk (where i spend all my time at home!!) and take a photo to keep on my phone, i think that helps a bit.

and thanks! i still need to write my proposal and apply for scholarships and finalise a supervisor, so a long way off actually getting down to it, but i'm excited things are going in the right direction and that i at least have the confidence to say 'this is what i want' and ask for help getting there. i'm trying not to let myself think about it too much because its all so uncertain at the moment, but the prospect of continuing research into something i'm so passionate about and interested in is so exciting to me! i was avoiding it before because i was so terrified of rejection and of asking lecturers for help and advice, so i'm just grateful i've gotten over that a bit. goodluck with your LSAT too!! i'm not sure what the process is it's a bit different in Australia, but seems exciting