Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 5

Old 07-08-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

That's awesome Secretary-- that had to be tough being in the bar like that.

Congrats on all your days Spirit--you are up to 85 days now?
Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post

Good luck! Hope you get all four job offers!
Thanks secretary! I actually did get one and of course I accepted. It's a pretty awesome gig too. Lots of room for growth and even some company paid travel opportunities! As soon as the background check is done, I can start! I'm excited, as I'm sure you can tell. :P
Old 07-10-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

I made it to four months! Which is how long I was able to stay sober two years ago and then I just threw away that sobriety to worship at alcohol's altar again. This time I'm stronger in my resolve (thanks to you guys!!) although I will admit this weekend I did have a bit of a craving. We went to a new restaurant where my daughter is a bartender (ironic, isn't it?) and so we sat in the bar. That really got my AV shouting, begging, pleading for just one drink. But I'm hanging in there. I do start thinking, oh what's the problem with one drink, you have this under control now and I think that's what got me last time. But I know that I will NEVER have this under control. My dad was a raging alcoholic and it ended up killing him. I don't want that to be me.
I think you're doing really well! It sounds like you were able to play out the entire scenario in your head and realize that the only outcome of one drink would be more drinks. That's an awesome feat my friend and you should be proud!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
That's awesome Secretary-- that had to be tough being in the bar like that.

Congrats on all your days Spirit--you are up to 85 days now?
As of today, Friday, July 10, 2015 I have reached 89 days! I think tomorrow I should throw a party! I'm thinking like steaks on the grill and maybe even some left over fireworks from the 4th of July!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Wow wow wow, Spirit --- congrats! Well done you.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Thanks secretary! I actually did get one and of course I accepted. It's a pretty awesome gig too. Lots of room for growth and even some company paid travel opportunities! As soon as the background check is done, I can start! I'm excited, as I'm sure you can tell. :P
Congrats!! What a fresh start for you, a new place to live and a new job, you are doing great!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Hi everyone. I don't post much but I do check in with the thread to see how you all are.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

I'm still waiting for a confirmed start date for my voluntary work which is a bit disappointing as I've been looking forward to getting stuck in. Oh well, fullness of time and that.

Have a great day.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

*heavy sigh* It's not been an easy day Marchers. There was this poor stray cat that wandered onto my property. The poor thing was in really bad shape; emaciated, fleas, snot coming from it's nose and one eye, etc. I couldn't keep it for fear of my pets getting sick and I couldn't afford the vet bills either. I spent all morning trying to find a shelter and they were all full or just not willing to take on a sick cat. So, as a final, last course of action, I had the poor thing put down by a local vet. I feel absolutely TERRIBLE that I couldn't show the poor guy a little love before he went. But, I couldn't run the risk of putting my pets in danger. I haven't wanted a drink this badly in months... It's a crying shame that life has to be so cruel, and in doing so has used my hands to enact such cruelty...
Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
*heavy sigh* It's not been an easy day Marchers. There was this poor stray cat that wandered onto my property. The poor thing was in really bad shape; emaciated, fleas, snot coming from it's nose and one eye, etc. I couldn't keep it for fear of my pets getting sick and I couldn't afford the vet bills either. I spent all morning trying to find a shelter and they were all full or just not willing to take on a sick cat. So, as a final, last course of action, I had the poor thing put down by a local vet. I feel absolutely TERRIBLE that I couldn't show the poor guy a little love before he went. But, I couldn't run the risk of putting my pets in danger. I haven't wanted a drink this badly in months... It's a crying shame that life has to be so cruel, and in doing so has used my hands to enact such cruelty...
You did the right thing. Even if you could afford the vet, they might not have been able to save him. It's always hard playing God by putting an animal down, but I truly think you made the best choice. And karma will smile on you for even taking the time you did with this poor creature. Stay strong!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

You did the right thing. Even if you could afford the vet, they might not have been able to save him. It's always hard playing God by putting an animal down, but I truly think you made the best choice. And karma will smile on you for even taking the time you did with this poor creature. Stay strong!
Thank you secretary, from the bottom of my heart. Even the vet said it was really the best choice. I just can't help but feel like I could've and should've done more. I can't imagine how lonely he was. He purred at me even as I tried to shoo him away. The ole heart strings are getting a workout today that's for sure.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Djinn.

For what its worth I think you did the right thing. It sounded like he was suffering,
D
Old 07-15-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Oh, Spirit. I'm sorry for your loss! It sounds like a mercy that you were able to put it out of its misery in the hands of someone who cared about its well-being. Sending you good wishes and a picture of the lucky one in cat heaven!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry Djinn.

For what its worth I think you did the right thing. It sounded like he was suffering,
D
Thank you Dee. It means a lot. I think it hit me so hard because I couldn't give him the comfort that he needed. I suppose maybe I'm being too hard on myself. That's what my wife says anyway.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by happytobealive1 View Post
Oh, Spirit. I'm sorry for your loss! It sounds like a mercy that you were able to put it out of its misery in the hands of someone who cared about its well-being. Sending you good wishes and a picture of the lucky one in cat heaven!
Thank you happy. I know he is at peace now. I just wish that I could've scooped him up and comforted him but he was very sickly and I couldn't risk spreading something to my pets. It's a damn shame.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

You did everything you reasonably could Djinn - & a lot more than some people would have.

D
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You did everything you reasonably could Djinn - & a lot more than some people would have.

D
You're right Dee and after a good night's sleep and some coffee, I feel a great deal better about the whole thing. Life goes on.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I messed up and drank again, so it's back to day one for me.
So mad at myself, mainly for hurting my family, but also very grateful it was only one day of drunkenness and didn't turn into a week or month long binge.
I prayed to be able to stop and something out there helped that happen, so thankfully today I'm just hungover with no desire to drink more (I was the type that drank all through the night and carried on the next morning to avoid a hangover, so I'm so grateful to not be doing that right now

Feeling pretty low, I wish it never happened, but I can't change that now and I'm trying hard to stop myself expecting my family to just go back to normal like it never happened - a bad habit of mine is wanting to fix everything instantly and I know that's not fair to the people I've let down so I'm really trying to avoid that
Just so mad at myself
Thanks for being here guys
Old 07-16-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad Djinn

Maybe you need to tweak your recovery plan a little immri?

D
Old 07-16-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Yeah, thankfully I have the day off and not much I need to get done so Im just going to spend the day looking at what went wrong/what to change
Old 07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Oh and sorry I only just read back, but I'm so sorry to hear about that djinn but you definitely did the kindest thing imo