View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi all Looks like a few of us have been a bit absent lately! I'm still here too, still sober, day 50 today. I've been thinking about drinking a few times lately, I think this is what happened last time between day 50-60 I started thinking I could control it again. So for now I've mainly been avoiding situations where there's alcohol or that I'd be too anxious in and want to drink. Lots of yoga, gratitude, taking care of myself. All seems to quieten the av so far A bit has been going on too, I've had to change my diet - I rarely eat meat anyway and lately dairy has been making me quite ill not to mention can trigger my migraines so I'm practically vegan at the moment which has taken some adjusting and trying to make sure I still have enough energy etc I also still have this big work opportunity looming that is exciting but terrifying, and I've organised a meeting to discuss doing my phd. I feel very lucky to have some of options but I do tend to drink when I get excited or anxious so I'm having to really keep on top of my feelings. I'm glad you guys are still here, I'll try and catch up on everyone's posts today I think I've missed a lot! ❤️
Immri, I am the same way. Day 60 and the AV would be shouting "you aren't an alcoholic! Look at how easily you got through the past 60 days! You can control it!" Congrats on your diet change and your PhD discussion! That's of course a huge deal and you should be so proud! I personally am impressed (and a biiiit jealous, as I still am studying for the LSAT :/) Just shut your AV down before it gets too loud we are here for you! Do you have a specific sober plan or are you more or less focusing on keeping yourself busy as your plan?