View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Day 81. Still going strong. Eating too much ice cream--probably not healthy. Need some alternatives. About to watch the last show of David Letterman. Going camping this weekend for the holiday.

Wow bobcat! Congrats on 81 days! I'm with you on the ice cream overload. Between shutting the AV up and having the flu for the past week, I've eaten my body weight in ice cream. I don't think I'm ready to give up the sweets just yet, though, so I'll have to increase my cardio or something!

I'm on day 75, myself. I can't wait to get to those triple digits! I kept a journal last year when I managed to stay sober for 6 months and around day 90-100, not drinking became more of a reflex. My entries seemed to be more focused on what I was doing those days (going to the park, meeting friends for coffee, running on the beach, etc) than me being paranoid about going to a friends house and focusing on the half empty bottle of vodka on top of her fridge. Lol. It does seem a bit easier so I'm looking forward to that

I have a quick question for everyone: do any of you drink non-alcoholic beer? I know that this is a hotly debated topic. During my last stint of sobriety, I drank an o'douls maybe once or twice a week? I was never one to get drunk on beer (always vodka) but I've always loved the way beer tasted. I've been debating with myself whether drinking o'douls actually helped me stay sober longer, as I had something to look forward to when going out with friends and it made me feel like a nice compromise: I gave up alcohol but I didn't have to give up beer. But, I worry that the taste of the beer reminded me of real beer, and eventually the fake stuff wasn't doing it anymore hence the relapse after 6 months.

Any thoughts? I could easily live without NA beer. It's not even a big deal. It's just something about summer weather and sitting outside relaxing with a cold one sounds appealing... Is this the AV talking? I can't tell sometimes the AV can disguise itself so well!

Thanks for the input have an awesome Friday everyone!