Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 11-28-2004, 04:35 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Oh no!I have to go back to work in the morning!
Thank God that I can!
Hey guys,I hope you're all doing well.
Good night and God bless you all.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hey Richie, :nose wipe away those tears, buddy. We all have to go to work sometime. Great job on 90 days my friend! I am grateful tonight for all my friends here at SR, aren't I always, though; teehee. I am grateful that I have been given new hope and faith in good things. May you all have sweet dreams.

Sherry
Old 11-29-2004, 06:32 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Jalyn,
I think I still haven't quite recovered in the feelings department, so I know I would be grateful to have some feelings. They ARE something to be thankful for. And I am jealous of you going skiing. Sherry and I have been talking about learning to ski.

Richie,
Yes, absolutely. London Calling IS one of the greatest albums ever recorded. My ex-husband used to run it down, but I'm glad I rediscovered it. Ever listen to the Clash's triple album, Sandinista?

Sherry,
I'm lacing my skates (figuratively)! Actually, I need to get my act together to apply for those residencies, but they start in July, so I don't guess we'll get to skate or ski together until next winter. Maybe Jalyn could teach us!

Time to run start my day. I'll do the gratitude thing later...
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi my friends, I love you all!

I was just sitting thinking about my gratitude. I have alot to be grateful for. I have met 2 ladies here at SR that are real close to where I live. Tonight I met one of them at the meeting. She's new to the area and doesn't have any friends. I believe God put her in my path to help her get on her feet. Then there's another one that lives in Canada and we will be meeting in the near future for coffee. It's wonderful that God has given me the chance to encourage someone, or I should say 2 someones. I also realized at my meeting tonight that I have alot of friends in the rooms. True friends. I never had true friends when I was using. So tonight, my gratitude is definately to my Higher Power (God). Sleep well everyone.

Sherry
Old 11-30-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone...I haven't written here for awhile, so it's time to re-visit my gratitude.
Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving. The 4-day weekend was definitely nice. Working a regular full-time schedule is SO MUCH BETTER than going to school. But, I was never much for school anyways. Although I got good grades in High School, I barely graduated because of my attendance record! Looking back, once I could drive, I would walk out and skip classes about...umm...twice a week. Being in a big school, I could get away with just leaving pretty easily. Funny thing though is that I had enough credits to actually graduate early--well, a semester...but I wanted out B-A-D! So, I did! That right there shoulda tipped me off about how it would be in college. Oh well. With that in mind...I'm grateful that I graduated from High School and that I'm pretty close to getting my Bachelor's (finally--though, should be a PhD with all the time I spent!) I'm also grateful that this experience gave me the insight on how I'm going to be with my children. Definitely not going to shove college-straight-outta-HS bit down their throats.
Hope everyone has a good night.

Danielle
Old 11-30-2004, 03:20 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hey Dani, sounds like you are telling my story. I used to skip school whenever anyone else wanted to. Probably twice a week. I smoked too much pot, so I don't really remember...lol. I am also surpised that I graduated. Now that I'm older I miss it though. I used to have fun in high school, and of course, I was younger .

Now for my nightly gratitude. I am grateful that some new people volunteered to take some of the jobs at my homegroup. I was knid of over loaded being the alternate GSR, secretary, treasurer, coffee maker, and chairperson. Grateful that I could be trusted to do them all, but also relieved to no longer have to make coffee and chair the meetings! I am also grateful that tonight is my favorite meeting of the week. Speaking of which, I gotta go get ready. Hope everyone is doing well, and having a wonderful night!

Love and Hugs
Sherry
Old 11-30-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
Tonight I'm thankful to be going to bed soon.We,ve been moving to another location where I work and I am T-I-R-E-D!
Dani,I'm glad you enjoyed your 4 day weekend.
Jalyn,I'm glad you had coffee instead of something else.
Sherry,congratulations on 7 months tomorrow!
Eddie,I've heard only a little of Sandinista,but I plan to add it to my collection as soon as I can!
Good night and God bless you all!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Sherry--funny thing is that I was such a wicked nice girl until I turned 21, then it all went downhill from there. When I skipped--I would usually just drive around and do nothing.
I miss those days!
Congrats on your 7 months!

Danielle
Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Well Dani, I was a nice girl, too, until I met my EX-husband. What a jerk he turned out to be! :tongue3:

Thanks Richie, Dani, and Eddie (I saw your other post) for the congrats. I couldn't have done it alone. It's only through my HP, meetings, and all you wonderful people here at SR that I have grown so much. Today I am truly grateful to live this new way. I am grateful that I have SR to come to. I am grateful that I have a wonderful sponsor to work the steps with. May you all have a blessed day.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:33 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry,
That is SO cool about you meeting people from SR in person! I'm hoping for the same myself.

Danielle,
I was itching to leave high school so bad that I skipped my whole senior year and went to college a year early. It's funny. I have never gotten a GED or anything...but I do have TWO bachelor's degrees. LOL.

Richie,
Yes, remind Santa to bring you Sandinista for Christmas.

Tonight I am grateful for being warm when it's cold outside; for getting the minutes from our last H&I meeting done; and for the Love's fragrance gift set that arrived today (I almost couldn't wait to open it). I'm also thankful my class presentation went well yesterday. I talked for almost an hour! And...I got an 'A' in the class!

G'night, all,
Eddie
Old 12-02-2004, 06:43 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hello to all my friends here. I am grateful tonight that I did not have to ask for pain killers when I went to the dentist today. Although I am in alot of pain right now, I could be out of control with the pain pills. I am grateful that today I have a choice. I am also grateful that I only have to lose 1 tooth. I thought for sure I was gonna end up with dentures. I am grateful to have a good relationship with my family, and for the love that my niece shows me. To think that just a short time ago, she was scared of me. Now she loves me. Thank you God!

Goodnight everyone. I'm taking some motrin and going to bed. Praying that it doesn't hurt so bad in the morning!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Good morning, Sherry! How's your mouth? :toothache Better, I hop. haha Well, I have to go help my mom move out of the house she's been in for over 35 years!
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Good morning Eddie,

Yes, my mouth feels a little better. Not so much pain this morning. I can't believe the way that motrin makes me so sleepy. Grateful, though, because I slept the whole night through! Hope everyone has a good day. I'm gonna go have a snowball fight. Yes, there's snow again, yuck!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone!
I hope you all have a nice weekend.I will be working because my company is moving to a new location and we have to get everything finished by Monday.I am grateful for my job though.Only a few months ago I was looking for one!
I am also thankful for my wonderful kids who love and respect me despite all my failings.And for my parents who I have put through much anguish over the years but still think I'm the greatest son on earth(Ha-Ha).
And I'm thankful for you friends here at SR!
Lookin' forward to Christmas.For a change I'm gonna be straight this year!
God bless ya'll! :xmasl
Old 12-03-2004, 06:07 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Glad you're feeling better, Sherry! How was the snowball fight?

Richie, I think we knew you were excited about Christmas a few weeks ago when you said you had all your shopping done!

I am so grateful tonight. Tired, but good tired. My brother and I got one truckload moved, mostly books. Heavy. So I'm a little sore but thankful that I could do a hard day's work without hurting my back. And we all got along pretty well considering.

I'm grateful for my Caduceus meeting, fragrant lotions, my soft sweet kitty Marcel...I could go on. I'm just feeling very content. I had a hot bath and I'm in my snuggly robe. Get the picture? Everybody, do something nice for yourself; you won't regret it!

Peace, love, and a :hugehug to all,
Eddie
Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Man, a hot bath is a good idea. I'm heading there after I write a couple posts. I couldn't find anyone to have a snowball fight with, they're all wimps...lol.
Tonight I am grateful for life. Everything I have, I owe to my HP. He has given me a new way of life, and a whole bunch of friends. I am saying a prayer for everyone here to have a wonderful weekend. I love you all!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:42 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Sherry! Too bad about the snowball fight. That sounded like fun to me. What about sledding? Man, I have even done that in years.

I'm tired and sore again tonight. Today we loaded up filing cabinets and file drawers full of paper. Also very heavy. My mom is coming over soon to watch Smallville which should be fun. Michael Rosenbaum is HOT!

I'm grateful for another hard busy day. And I'm grateful I didn't keep wanting a beer like I did yesterday. Something about moving and beer...

I'm thankful that our H&I/PI learning day went OK even though I couldn't go myself. My husband did make it and he said it was pretty good and the food was great.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks!
Peace, love, and hugs, Eddie
Old 12-04-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

tonight...

tonight I am thakful for my sanity since I left my AH. I am thankful for the peaceful aura in our home, and that we can laugh and play and have fun with no dark cloud hanging over us anymore. He is still there but we can push him out of our minds and live again for ourselves. We strugle financially but we take such joy in the simple little things now. I am so thankful for my two little blessings; my 3 year old son Dylan, and my 1 year old daughter, Dayana. Sometimes they can be a handful but overall, my cup runneth over!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Welcome Beccaboo!

Tonight I am grateful for going shopping with my Mom (and her friends). We had a lot of fun at the mall. Plus I went to payless and bought 2 pairs of shoes. I love shoes! I am also grateful for all my friends here. This place is full of so much love and compassion. It's great how we all connect. Thank you Jon for starting this site!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I hope you all had a nice weekend.Last night I watched Elf and I laughed my *** off!I heartily recomend it.
Be good because Santa's watching. :xmas9