Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 11-17-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie,

If you come to Buffalo, we'll be neighbors. You better bring lots of warm clothes, though. We dress in layers here. That way when we get in the warm building, we can take some of it off.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Sher...I heard that it snowed there already! Wow. I'm surprised that it hasn't yet here in Michigan. Soon. Very soon...that's for sure!
Anyways, I'm at work late screwing around with the computer because I don't have one at home.
So...tonight, amongst being grateful for sobriety--I'm grateful for SUPER fast internet access...the XM radio piped through out the building and being able to enjoy some awesome tunes all here by myself...Gregg's carry-out just up the street with their bread sticks and extra tasty cheese dip (diet starts...er...SOON!)
Aside from having to contend with the ghosts here I'm having a blast! No, there aren't really any ghosts...you just always get kinda creeped out being alone at a place you're supposed to be at in broad daylight. Sorta like hanging out at school all alone at night. Brrrrr!

I'll be leaving soon, so good night my friends!

Danielle
Old 11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yeah, Sherry, I thought about that. Maybe we actually can go skiing! Although my husband says he won't be joining me. I really need an advisor about this stuff, I think. I don't quite know what to do.

Hey, Danielle, what are you listening to? Reminds me I need to scan the information superhighway for some better source of "radio" news than our local public station which pretty well sucks.

Well, I'm still grateful, but I'm also tired, so I'll see y'all tomorrow!
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 11-18-2004, 08:12 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

You heard right Danielle. It snowed here last week, yuck!!!!! I am however grateful that we had a few days with high 50's this week. The snow didn't stick this time but it will soon enough!

If you do your residency here, Eddie, we will definately have to make a seious attempt at skiing. I'll probably break my leg, but then I can get some sympathy from a cute doctor, maybe? LOL

Well, time to check around and see what everyone's been up to. I pray that everyone has a blessed day.

Sherry
Old 11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Well, it's my day to be on the computer at the library. My class got out WAY early. And I am grateful for faster connections than my dial-up at home!

Every clean day is a blessed day, right, Sherry? It may sound trite, but it's true. I am so grateful for the freedom from finding ways and means to get more. I always am; I just don't say it that often.

I got a PM from someone in Nepal early this morning, looking for help. I referred them to an NA e-mail I found. I hope he or she is OK. I didn't hear back. But I am also grateful to have been there for another.

Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Eddie--totally, TOTALLY git the whole faster connection love. I LOVE speed (well, not the kind you ingest!) But, just a lover of fast-er things in general. That's why I'm here at the office past the end of my shift.
And to answer your question, I was listening to some techno (at the time). But, the "harder" stuff...ala Prodigy. I'm loving this XM radio! I want to ask for a receiver for Christmas. Sux though that you have to subscribe to it. But, for the price--it's worth it.

Take care y'all!
Danielle.

P.S. Oh yeah...I'm grateful for hot chocolate with big, flat, fluffy marshmallows. Definitely a staple during the grey, cold...blah winter months in the midwest.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
just j

Hi to my Grateful Friends,

I am grateful that it is finally Friday. I am grateful that the weather stays above freezing. I am grateful for my friends and family. I am SO grateful for every day of sobriety. Say a prayer or have a thought for me over the weekend as I head to Columbus for the Michigan/Ohio State football game and to be with family. It won't be easy for me to say no but I will. Also, tomorrow marks day 90 for me, so I will focus on that!!

Hugs, Jalyn
Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone!
Congrats on day 90 Jalyn.I'm thankful that I'm going to eat my first thanksgiving dinner in twenty years without getting high first.I can't wait!! :familydin
God bless you all!
Old 11-21-2004, 06:35 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

I see Richie is preparing our Thanksgiving feast. What time's dinner?

Today I am grateful that I have alot of friends in AA. I am grateful to be connecting more with the women, it was so hard for me before. I am grateful that I God gave me a choice today, and I chose not to use. Yes, Eddie, EVERY DAY CLEAN is a blessed day. That will definately be part of my Thanksgiving prayer.

Good night all.

Love,

Sherry
Old 11-21-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
just j

Hi Friends,

I am grateful for one more day of sobriety, as always.

I am grateful for a safe trip home.

I am grateful for the relationships in my life.

I am grateful for a short work week.

I am grateful for those who are willing to take the time to offer help and guidance to others.

I am grateful for the ability to let go and let God, as they say.

I am grateful for those who understand.

I am grateful for the power of prayer.

I am grateful for the new me that I am slowly getting to know and like.

Good night all! Jalyn
Old 11-21-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yes, congrats on 90 days, Jalyn! And on staying clean through your trip. Good job!

Danielle, I know almost nothing about current music. What is Prodigy like?

So, Sherry, are we going to be ice skating outside soon or what?

Hey, Richie, fellow Mick Ronson fan. I should have mentioned on the other thread that I was introduced to his solo stuff on 8-track!

I am grateful for the NA meeting I went to in Asheville today. It's so cool to go out of town and still feel right at home.

I am pleased also to have finally gotten started cleaning my house yesterday! It REALLY needs it. You would never know we weren't still using from the state of things, but I'm working on changing that.

Well, I have to chair an H&I meeting in the morning, so I close for tonight. :hasta

Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 11-22-2004, 05:25 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey gang,I'm glad we're all hanging in here!
Eddie,if you haven't heard it yet check out the Man Who Sold the World album by Bowie.It's some of Mick's earliest work and he sounds awesome!
Sherry ,the turkey will be ready at 2 PM Thursday.
Happy thanksgiving you two!And to Dani and Jalyn!
Now it's almost time to get ready for Santa

:wishbone

Oh yeah!Thank you God for holidays!
GOD BLESS Y'ALL!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:29 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
No expectations!

My ex had a copy of Man Who Sold the World, but that's long gone for me. Thanks for the tip anyway, Richie! Maybe I'll check it out someways else.

Tonight I was calling people to remind them of our H&I meeting later this week and I called someone who was using. So I am particularly grateful today that it was not me, that I am clean today.

I am also grateful that I am making headway with my house cleaning. It makes me feel much better about myself!

Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 11-23-2004, 08:14 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Eddie, I'm ready for skating whenever you are. Just make sure you dress warm, it gets cold.

Thanks Richie for volunteering to make the turkey, I'll bake a pie.

And to Dani and Jalyn, have a very blessed holiday. Everyone just keep on keepin on. It works when we work it!

I'm grateful that I have found a new way of life. I'm grateful to have a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun. I'm grateful for not finding it necessary to use today.

Good night, my friends.

Sherry
Old 11-25-2004, 03:59 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving friends.

Today I am grateful to spend the day with my family. I'm grateful that I didn't burn dinner. I am especially grateful for my sweatpants, as I ate too much. :slaphead That's a good thing, though. Last year was the complete opposite. I didn't have much of an appetite.

My prayers tonight are that God watches over us and keeps us safe. And of course, it's great to be clean today!

Sherry
Old 11-26-2004, 09:00 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I had such a GREAT day yesterday that when I sat down to write my nightly gratitude list, I was just too tired. So, a day late and probably many dollars short, but still grateful, I am doing it now.

I am grateful for my sponsor, who called to remind me to add an extra item yesterday to my daily list of at least two things for which I am grateful, and to tell me she loves me.

I am grateful for making crepes, among other things, with Rhonda and for having a massive Thanksgiving dinner with friends.

I am grateful that I cleaned and fixed up at least one room, my living room, to the point of presentability. Now I have to go clean my shower.

Happy Day After Thanksgiving, Sherry, Richie, Danielle, and Jalyn! And Samantha, wherever she is!

Love and hugs, Eddie

:horn :ship :horn
Old 11-26-2004, 09:10 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Isn't is such a beautiful thing to be able to have things to be thankful. Eddie reminded me that I too am thankful for my sponsor. She also called me to tell me she loves me. The gratitude list is long. I have had so many blessings in these last 7 months. Well, a few days short of 7 . but I have been truly blessed.

I also hope everyone is having a great day after Thanksgiving. I love all of you. Eddie, Richie, Jalyn, and Danielle. Samantha, we love you, too. I pray that all is well with you.

Sherry
Old 11-26-2004, 09:38 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
just j

Hello my friends,

What a wonderful Thanksgiving to be alive, sober and grateful for so many people and so many blessings in my life. I was reading about feellings in Guy's book on the First Year of Sobriety. I am not always grateful for my feelings. I don't like how I can't control them. Yes, I am working on that....however I try to be thankful for my feelings good or bad because it makes me alive and in the present. I am not trying to escape them but deal with them and take them for what they are.

I am grateful for all of you being here and how we are all here for each other. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to share it with those whom you love and cherish.

I went skiing yesterday here in CO and yes, it was hard not to have that drink at the end of the day, but I had coffee instead and I did not miss out on anything. We don't really miss out when we stay sober do we? We miss out when we don't!!!

Have a great Day after Thanksgiving! Anyone going to brave the malls today?

Hugs, Jalyn
Old 11-26-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie!Hi Sherry!Hi Jalyn!Hi Dani!
I hope you all had plenty of turkey yesterday.I know I did!
I had to work today(which kinda sucked) but now as I think about it I am grateful to have a job that I can support myself and my family with.Three months ago I had just been laid off.I am grateful for that too because that gave me the incentive I needed to give up my addictions and start over new!
Hey Eddie,I just finished listening to London Calling.One of the greatest albums of all time!
Thank you all for being here.I look forward to this thread and come to it every time I get on the internet.And I'm looking forward to a holiday season I can spend with a clear head for the first time in decades.
God bless you all and good night!
Old 11-26-2004, 06:54 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie, Jalyn, Richie and Dani. I have to agree with you Richie, I love this thread. I'm glad it is here and that we all keep posting in it. I am grateful that my kids behaved tonight. I had to take them to the meeting with me. I am grateful for my friend Gene. He is coming up on 44 years next month. He is such an inspiration to me. I am truly grateful that I found SR because I have talked with many wonderful people here.

Sherry

BTW-Hey Eddie, did you here that it snowed here yesterday? We can ice skate whenever you are ready!