Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 12-05-2004, 02:52 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Richie,I watched Elf 2 weekends ago. It was funny! I lauged my a$$ off, too.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Today I am grateful to be going with a friend of mine for coffee before the meeting tonight. I am always grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Evening, all, and welcome to the thread, beccaboo! When my AH left me, I thought I ws going to just shrivel up. It didn't take long for me to figure out how much better off I was. Thankfully, we had no children other than our 2 cats.

Hey, Sherry and Richie! I rented Elf recently, too, but I didn't get to see it. Sounds like I need to rent it again, huh?

I am grateful for most of the same things I've listed the past couple of days during all this moving insanity—that we're all getting along OK and I haven't hurt myself. I'm also thankful for Salt Craving body scrub and St. Moritz perfume, for a loving second husband, and for being good and tired (again).

Hope you all sleep :sleepy: :sleeping: as well as I expect to!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-06-2004, 07:48 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Good evening gang.

Tonight I am grateful for all the wonders of the world. My HP has been putting miracles in my life to help me see a better world. There are a lot of great people here, and in the fellowship. I am grateful that I have true friends today. I am grateful that 2 people who decided to go back out and do some more research have made it back, because they didn't have to. I pray that they learned what they needed to and will stick around this time!

Good night everyone. Sweet dreams. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Old 12-06-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
just j

Hi my thankful friends,

I wanted to take a minute before retiring to bed to post my grateful thoughts and was surprised that Sherry too had felt the HP presence in her life as I did today. I get so tired sometimes of just "not drinking". I thought for a minute that I could not be a "non drinker" and that maybe I could go back to drinking lilke a normal social drinker. Low and behold....someone inadvertently did something that made me wake up.

We have a full bar in our basement....the kind that they have down the street. My husband was afraid that perhaps our nanny was tipping some bottles because even though I was not drinking anymore, the bottles were getting empty. Anyway, it was so good for me to be able to look at the empty bottles and not feel defensive or guilty. I knew I easily could have. But this time folks...it's NOT me!!

I am grateful that it is NOT me. I am grateful for miracles and I am grateful for the power that my HP has when I do not. I am grateful for all of the blessings that God bestows on me even when I don't deserve them.

I am grateful for the support I always feel here. Thanks! Jalyn
Old 12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Sherry! It's great when people turn up again. Sometimes. The alternate chair of my H&I commitment, whom I had not heard from since August, called me a couple of nights ago asking for money "for a car payment." Yeah, right. Sad, very sad. Well, at least he is still alive and apparently has some NA phone numbers, and for that I am grateful.

Tonight I am also grateful to have had a productive day that didn't involve moving any furniture! I got some calls made, registered for a couple of my spring classes, and got my bills in order even if I can't actually pay them. I'm glad, too, to rediscover my talents at the computer (& my humility, LOL). I'm figuring out how to work IMing. Time for more practice!

Sleep well! Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I am thankful for the words.
I am thankful for the music.
I am thankful for the memory.
Good night,John.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I am grateful that my friend Amanda moved back here from Virginia.
I am grateful that I was able to work things out between a friend of mine and myself.
I am grateful to aa for giving me a new way of life!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:18 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you so much for that reminder, Richie! I am thankful that I knew at age 13 that John Lennon was more than "just a singer" like my peers tried to tell me on December 9, 1980. One of the worst days of my life. But I am glad for the inspiration that he gave me and the courage to believe in peace and love in the face of the misunderstanding I found around me.

I'm grateful for Love's Rain Scent, to be getting my weight under control (I'm crossing my fingers), and to be getting back to the YW. My mom and I didn't exercise during the four days of moving stuff, so I missed it.

Nighty night, Sherry and Richie!
Peace, love, and hugs,
eddie
Old 12-09-2004, 07:16 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Fragrance of the day—Jontue—for which I am grateful.

For getting registered for next semester. I'll be full time!

For walking again, even though Mom and had to carry umbrellas.

For nicotine gum.

...and so much more.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie, Richie, Jalyn, and Dani.

Tonight I am grateful for going to a meeting with someone who has 44 years and had met and talked to Bill W 3 times. That's pretty cool. I am also grateful that Carl, an old timer who is on his way to heaven, found the strength to make it to the meeting.

I am grateful for another day clean and sober. I am grateful for the friends I have here and in the fellowship. Life is good today, and for that I am truly grateful.

Love and Hugs

Sherry
Old 12-10-2004, 07:05 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry, that IS pretty cool!

Tonight, I am grateful that my mom and I did not get hypothermia when we got caught in a shower without our umbrellas.

I am grateful to now have my continuing education hours out of the way so I can renew my license.

And I am grateful my dad finally went to the doctor for a kidney infection. I didn't even know he was sick and he should have gone Wednesday. I hope and pray he is OK!

'Night, all!
Love, Eddie
Old 12-12-2004, 05:44 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, where did everybody go?

Tonight, I went to the women's NA Christmas party. I actually made tea and rice and gravy to take. The hostess said I had been there before back in high school, but I didn't remember. I was probably inebriated. So I am thankful today that I can go places and do things and not have to worry about being in a blackout!

I am also grateful for all those women friends I've found in NA, and my ROCKIN' home group. We just click, you know, and I don't mean clique. We had our business meeting last night. It went really well and then we had a great regular meeting. I'm just so glad to be a part of NA, especially my group!

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-12-2004, 06:00 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie,

I know what ya mean about having a rockin home group. I love my home group. We meet in a detox center, which is a great reminder that if I pick up that first one, I could be right back where I started.

Tonight I am grateful that I did well on my bowling league. Three games above a hundred. That's amazing for me! I am also grateful to have a lot of wonderful people in my life. I have a number of female friends in the program. I also have a few men who aren't my friend for the wrong reasons. I am connected with people with many years of sobriety that are helping me learn how to live life on life's terms without picking up any substance.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Love,

Sherry
Old 12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hello? Is there anybody else around besides Eddie and me?

I pray that Dani and Richie are safe out there. I pray that everything goes well tomorrow at my home group. I am grateful that God had given me so many wonderful friends in AA and SR. I am also grateful that I have a new roomate (she's 17) who is a good kid. It's nice to know that there are still good people left in the world.

Love and Hugs

Sherry
Old 12-13-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congrats on your bowling scores, Sherry! That's fantabulous!

I am thankful for a wonderful productive day. For a really good H&I meeting this morning with support from a new woman. For my therapist who helped me get moving on applying for residencies. And for setting up a debt management plan with Consumer Credit Counseling. I also got in the usual tanning and a walk with my mom.

I'm getting my homework reading done and I took a bath with vanilla bubbles and body wash then put on vanilla lotion and body spray. Ahhhh!

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-14-2004, 04:55 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie,
I'm still here.I've been really busy lately and I've been neglecting my computer.My mother(who is 80) has been pretty ill but I got a good report from her doctor yesterday.God is watching over us!
I'm still looking forward to Christmas and I'm still staying straight(even though I've had increasing opportunities not to)!
I'm sorry to say I watched Bad Santa the other night and thought it was hilarious.I know it's a horrible movie but it was soooo funny!
I hope you're all enjoying your holiday season.This is a blessed thread and I'm grateful to be on it with you all.
:xmasf
Old 12-14-2004, 05:58 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Welcome back, Richie!

BAD SANTA ROCKS!

That has to be one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. It is so twisted and gross and yet so funny and touching at the same time. Very well done.

I am grateful for another good day. Classes were good. Tanning was good. "Jogging" was good. I have two people to write letters of recommendation for me! One more to go.

Also, I'm thankful to be just one week away from 2 years clean!

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-14-2004, 07:10 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie and Richie,

I will keep you and your mother in my prayers, Richie. I'm glad to hear she's ok.

Today was a good day. It started off a little hectic, because things weren't going my way. My sponsor set me straight, I turned my will over, and things began to look up. I will be going to training to become a CNA. It will be paid for through disability. I can't wait to get back into the work force. My counselor wanted me to get a good handle on my recovery first. Now that I do that on a daily basis, it's time to get a job. I won't be starting until after my cruise in Jan, but I'm glad to have that as an upcoming goal.

Sleep tight everyone!

Love.....Sherry
Old 12-15-2004, 06:08 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
No expectations!

A CNA? That's great, Sherry! Just be careful, as you're liable to be around the kind of drugs I loved to get my paws on. I wish Vocational Rehabilitation would do SOMETHING for me. They have been close to useless and I've been going for a year.

But I will be in school full time next year and my dad is paying, so everything's pretty cool. Although I'm eager to get back to work, too. Did you know I've been out since I got clean, almost two years? Yuck. If I get a residency, that counts as a job, but I wouldn't start until July.

Where are you cruising to?

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :bunny1:
Old 12-16-2004, 05:37 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie,

The whole reason I picked a CNA is so that I won't have access to those drugs. I would like to eventually get my nursing license, but I don't feel now is the time!

Today I am grateful that the cruise to the Carribean is getting closer. My parents are taking the whole family on a cruise, I'm so glad they never disowned me. We will be going to St. Thomas, Ko-Ko Kay (Disney's private island) and one more. Not sure where. We leave Jan 4 to drive to Florida, then on the cruise on the 8th for a week! I will be taking pictures and will be sure to post some.

Everyone have a great day!

Love and Hugs.....Sherry