Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Sadly no Eddie. But it's been a MAJOR HUGE wake up call. Test results came back negative!!!! Yay!!!! I've also found my HP through this whole ordeal. I mean I always sorta had one but one that I couldn't relate to. If that makes any sense? Better put, I've always believed in God but in a more spiritual sense and I was always, ALWAYS ferverently searching for Him...deep down I knew that He was Everywhere, but that was a concept that I couldn't really comprehend in my feeble mind I kept praying and praying please let me know how to go about this and it became SO clear. I had to personalize Him in a way that I knew how. I now know and it is SOOO awesome and so simple once I found out how. I tend to complicate things with too much thinking and analyzing. KISS! That's my new motto!
But, thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm taking this to the end. There's like NO WAY I could even think about trying to kill myself with poision anymore. It's not me anymore. I choose life.

Danielle
Old 12-21-2004, 08:46 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
I tend to complicate things with too much thinking and analyzing. KISS! That's my new motto!
Have I ever told you about my Keep It Stupid, Simple T-shirt? I think too much, too, and I have the shirt to remind me to cool it with the over-analyzing.

I'm sorry not celebrating today, but very glad about your test results! And about you finding your HP! I got into a discussion on here yesterday about God that made me realize I'm a lot more "spiritual" than I thought also.

Have to go answer threads and stuff. Peace, love, and hugs, Eddie
Old 12-21-2004, 03:02 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
just j

Hi all,

I know it is not bedtime yet, but I still wanted to pop in and say Hi.

Glad to hear about your test results, Danielle. Great news!!

I am grateful for time. I had time today because I was sick and had to stay home from work. I loved being home and fixing dinner for the family and just doing all those things we don't have time to do when we are at work.

I finally started feeling that Christmas feeling.

Take care all and keep warm! Hugs, Jalyn
Old 12-21-2004, 08:00 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
No expectations!

So grateful tonight.
I have two years clean!
Hey, Jalyn, Danielle, Richie,
and where's Sherry?

Grateful for my sponsor,
my Higher Power,
my home group,
and all y'all in recovery
who are now my family.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-22-2004, 03:05 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie,

Sorry I missed your party. I was doing a 12-step follow up, I geuss you would call it. A good friend of mine relapsed Sunday. My sponsor and I did a 12 step, then yesterday I went and hung out with him for awhile and helped wrap Christmas presents. So that makes me grateful that I am able to give back a little of what AA has given me.

I am also grateful that I will be making some extra Christmas cash tomorrow. Someone in the program needs their house cleaned and offered me $40. That will buy a few more presents. Thank God for finding me a way to get presents for the people I was worried about not having money for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 12-22-2004, 03:14 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry.Hi Eddie.Hi Danielle.Hi Jalyn;
Two more days and Santa will be here.I hope he brings you all what you want.Christmas is so much better with a clear head.
God bless you'all. :xmas6 :xmasi
Old 12-22-2004, 03:43 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Yes it is Richie. Much better. And this year I won't have to hide from my family because I spent all the money for gifts on drugs. That's a great feeling.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Sherry and Richie!

It seems like I either have time OR money, but never both at once. I have yet to get presents for my husband and my mother! Bad Eddie. :devil1: I'm feeling guilty 'cause I HAD money and I blew it on ME. Guess I'm paying the price now.

Gratitude. I got a cashier's check today to make the first payment on our debt management plan. It goes in the mail tomorrow! And Mom and I shopped for a Christmas dinner for six (although it may turn out to be just three), lifted weights, and ran other errands. I'm so grateful to be a little more responsible and involved than I have been before. I'm so much better than I was even at my first clean Christmas last year!

Have a great night, y'all!
Peace, love, and joy,
Eddie :xmasp
Old 12-23-2004, 04:20 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Tomorrow I shall make lots and lots of cookies.I pray that my stomach will survive.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
:xmas3
Old 12-23-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Let's all pray for Richie's stomach!

Grateful that I was actually able to get something for my husband for Christmas. Now tomorrow something for Mom!

Grateful for starting to TRY to manage my money more responsibly. The first payment on my debt went off today!

Peace, love, hugs, and joy,
Eddie
Old 12-23-2004, 07:04 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that I made some extra money so I can buy a few more things tomorrow. I am grateful that all my family and friends made it home safely on the icy streets. I am grateful that the day is almost over and I can go to bed soon.

This may sound a little funny, but I am also grateful that Carl passed away. The cancer he had was eating him away. He died with 20 years sobriety, and never found it neccessary to pick up a drink to kill the obvious pain he was in. What an example of living life on life's terms.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:47 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

It's Christmas Eve and I have so many things to be thankful for.This is truely the nicest Christmas I have had in many years,Not because of what I have but because of what I have become.I still have many faults but compared to what I was I have made an enormous improvement.
I thank God for my family,my new job,and my new chance at life.And I thank God for my friends I have made here.Eddie,Sherry and the rest of you are a blessing to me.I hope God blesses your holidays with health and happiness and lots of cookies.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:18 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Not because of what I have, but because of what I've become. That's beautiful Richie. That's what it's all about. My sister-in-law, who's always talked bad about me, came over tonight and gave me a hug. She told me she's proud of me. That was a blessing. It also helped me let go of a resentment I had towards her. I love this new life and all my friends here. Everyone have a safe and Merry Christmas. I'm off to a meeting, to see my other family!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:31 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Merry Christmas,
Sherry, Richie, and ALL!
:xmas5 :xmasf :xmas5

Peace, love, hugs, and joy,
Eddie
Old 12-25-2004, 07:01 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

That's so sweet, Eddie.
Merry Christmas to you,
And the rest of the gang, too!
Old 12-25-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Sherry!

I am grateful for my husband's sponsorship family. Another of his sponsee brothers picked up two years tonight. Hearing their sponsor and this brother speak is an inspiration.

I am grateful for being able to help folks here. I think I help. I'm glad some good can come from what I suffered and what I've learned. It helps me appreciate the blessings I have today.

I'm grateful for these cool microfleece overalls I got for Christmas. They're so soft and warm and snuggly.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-26-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that my Mom and I sang together in church. That would have never happened a year ago. My how God has changed my life, and I am ever so grateful to Him. I am also grateful that my niece (she's 3) has such love for me. It's amazing how much affection she gives me now, compared to just 3 months ago. I am grateful that on New Years day I will have 8 months!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:56 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's fabulous, Sherry! Thanks for sharing.

I am grateful for being able to "put on" a belated Christmas dinner with my mom and that it went very nicely. I'm even more grateful that I had help with the cleanup and got it done! I hate washing dishes.

I am also grateful for a really good AA speaker meeting. I don't go to AA very often. I picked up a chip, too, for my two years. I wasn't going to but I remembered that it's important for the newcomer to see, so I did.

Good night, all!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :shocked:
Old 12-27-2004, 07:20 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone...hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was AWESOME! I think it's the first Christmas in a few years that I was completely and totally sober. Not a drop. I'm so grateful for that.
I was really really nervous about seeing everyone (among other things) and even though I thought for maybe a mili-second to drink something "to take the edge off", I reminded myself that I'm living life on life's terms now...and if I'm nervous...I'm nervous. No crime in that...the walls aren't going to come crashing down on me. So even though it was a little difficult, I actually got through it. I even realized that I like myself a heck of a lot more when I'm human and not some numbed-up robot walking around pretending to be happy. I actually had a good time. I haven't laughed so hard at some of the things that happened. It was a great feeling.
My mom and her side of the family (and my step-father) are all pretty big drinkers and being around them watching them get sloshed and acting like idiots was actually more fun than joining in. And after the initial "good fun" of the first couple of hours, I watched as the depressive part of alcohol set in and I was sooooo grateful that I wasn't experiencing that myself. I remember that all too well. No more crying in my beer!
Thank you all for being a part of my life. You're truly my gifts this holiday!

Danielle
Old 12-27-2004, 11:27 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hey Danielle; that is so great to hear. Celebrating Christmas this year was an absolute joy. Every day I have clean, is a gift from God. All the friends I have made here are gifts from God. One of the more precious gifts I got this year was my 15 year old son hugging me and telling me that me being sober was the best present of all. That made me cry; tears of happiness of course. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Love and Hugs.....Sherry