Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 12-16-2004, 05:47 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
The whole reason I picked a CNA is so that I won't have access to those drugs. I would like to eventually get my nursing license, but I don't feel now is the time!
Good move, Sherry! I guess when our recovery is solid, we can do anything, right? I still don't plan to try for any jobs that would put me around opiates, which really limits my opportunities, but, to quote you, I don't feel like now is the time! I just have to convince the board I can now be around other prescription drugs.

I put a sort of gratitude thread on the Newcomers Board. You have a great day, too, Sherry!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :xmass
Old 12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

You are so inspirational, Eddie. I saw your thread over there. I'm planning the surprise party as I type. Oooops, no more surprise.

I am grateful that today I have choices. I am grateful that I am aware of these choices. I am grateful for this new mind that I am learning how to work. One day at a time.

Thank you for being here and keeping this thread alive with me, so that the others will be able to find it when they find they're way back. Miss you Jalyn and Danielle.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:15 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
I am grateful for this new mind that I am learning how to work.
Me, too!

You're welcome, Sherry! Boy, is my head getting big. Jalyn said she'd be back.

I'm grateful for my physical strength, for my professor, for my Caduceus group, for tingle tanning, for being able to cook, and for feeling like I can actually get in bed and go to sleep tonight! Think I'll do that soon...

Peace, etc.,
Eddie (yawn)
Old 12-17-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie!
I'm so thankful it's Friday and I don't have to work for two days.I know I said I got all my Christmas shopping done,but I think I'll go out tomorrow and get just a little bit more stuff.I'll use the money I've saved by not buying any drugs for the last three and a half months.Being able to stay straight is the best present I could have gotten,and I gave it to myself.
I hope you are both doing well.I hope the same for Danielle and Jalyn.
Be good because Santa may be watching!
:xmasc :xmast
Old 12-17-2004, 06:27 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
Being able to stay straight is the best present I could have gotten,and I gave it to myself.
Amen, brothah!

Tonight, I am grateful for Love's Rain Scent, for my dad, and a good H&I subcommittee meeting. I'm so glad I'm involved in service work! Now I just have to go write those minutes up...

'Night y'all!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-17-2004, 06:37 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie and Richie,

Today I am grateful that my counseling is almost over. I no longer have to go to group, I only have 1 to 1. I love my counselor and will miss him, but I won't miss the groups. I am grateful that I have faith in God, and that keeps me strong.

Good night everyone!

Sherry
Old 12-19-2004, 10:57 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Looks like we all missed yesterday's post. I'm grateful I wasn't the only one!

Today I am grateful that I was able to straighten up all the junk that I've been putting on a shelf in my room. I just couldn't throw it away for some reason. I'm grateful that my Mom helped get me motivated to do it, because I found some papers under all of it that I had been missing.

I'm also grateful that today is my sober bowling day. It's a good time with my friends in aa.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Love and Hugs.....Sherry
Old 12-19-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi gang,
Today I attended services with my parents in the church they were married in 39 years ago.Today is their anniversary.My step-brother and my aunt and cousin also attended.It was a great thrill for my parents!It was a far piece to travel but well worth the effort.My mom is feeling better and I thank God for that.
It is supposed to snow here tonight which will make the drive to work in the morning suck!We don't get much snow around here and the highway dept. is not well equiped to deal with it.At least it will seem a little more Christmassy.
Hope you all had a nice weekend.I think I ate too many Christmas cookies!
God bless you! :xmasv
Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
just j

Hello Friends,

There is so much to be thankful for, and especially at this time of year it is so easy to get caught up in the shopping and the buying and the frenzy that our society has made Christmas into.....it is not easy to bring the focus back to what it is all supposed to be about.

I am thankful for the ability to give my children a wonderful Christmas but also hope that they keep in mind those less fortunate. Today it is 2 degrees outside and I am so very grateful for my warm home. I am grateful to the post office for staying open late for all of us who have so many gifts to mail to far off places. I am grateful for those who are fighting in Iraq.

I am grateful for my sobriety and especially at times around the holidays where I have to say no more than usual. I am grateful for the support I get from family, friends and all of you here. I am grateful for my sponsor.

I am grateful for time. I seem to have so very little of it lately. I am grateful for the ability to choose what to do with my time. I am grateful for freedom.

I am grateful for:

the shopping being done
the gifts already sent
the gifts that are wrapped
the vacation is almost here
the time to spend with my kids
the books I will read
the meals I will cook (that don't come out of a can or box)
the friends I will see
my faith in God to see me through all of my days of sobriety.

Thank you to all of you for always being here to listen and lend support. I always love coming here to see how you are all doing!!

Have a wonderful evening with people whom you love! Hugs, Jalyn
Old 12-19-2004, 02:54 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good to see you Jalyn, and of course Richie and Eddie. Great post Jalyn. There is so much to be grateful for and you named most of it. It is a beautiful time of the year, and I am ultimately grateful that God sent his son to us during this holiday season, that we may have eternal life through him. What a wonderful gift he gave us. May God bless us all during this season, and every day after.

Love and Hugs....Sherry
Old 12-19-2004, 04:58 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
No expectations!

We don't get much snow around here and the highway dept. is not well equiped to deal with it.
Sounds like home!!

Hey, Sherry, Jalyn, and Richie! And Danielle, wherever you are! Did I tell y'all that I got some news about Samantha? As of August, she was just too busy working to keep up with computer stuff.

I am grateful for getting my H&I minutes done, for trimming my mom's new little Norfolk Island pine, for Swedish Beauty Amaretto tanning lotion, for getting up before nine, and for my husband fixing the computer which he crashed yesterday!

Good to see more folks here again!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-20-2004, 08:11 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

My timing is totally messed up right now...it SHOULD be bedtime for me. But, anyways I wanted to post here since I've always liked this thread.
Anyways, I screwed up. Yeah...this past week was really bad. I've got some test results back that were "inconclusive" so I totally flipped out. But, I took another test and I haven't gotten them back, but I really shouldn't worry. Either I've totally lost it or I finally know the terms "surrender" and "powerless" because I feel totally AWESOME.
This little episode this past week really taught me serenity even though I should feel somewhat worried. And that's the key--should. I'm totally In The Now or like I said I'm just crazy. But, what would that even matter??? I doubt I am.
Gawd...I'm sitting here all shakey, I haven't slept in two days, my mouth is chapped and gritty, my eyes are bloodshot, I can barely type or even do my job--which I'm damn good at. I'm totally ineffcient and useless today, but I FEEL GREAT!!! Well, for the lack of sleep...I hate that.
Oh alcohol withdrawals I shall feel you no more because I'm an alcoholic and you WILL KILL ME in a horrible way!
I've finally hit my bottom and it had to do with the fact I could die...I mean soon. People have heard of this happening, right?

Or you could just say I'm crazy. I promise I won't mind.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:24 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
Or you could just say I'm crazy. I promise I won't mind.
OK, you're crazy! You should fit in just fine then. LOL.

But seriously, it's great to see you back. Glad you made it! I'm sorry your health is iffy. Feel feel to PM me if you want to talk about it, OK?

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :tongue3:
Old 12-20-2004, 08:50 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Eddie...thanks I appreciate the sentiment. :tongue2:
As for my health...I can't worry about that one. I mean, nobody wants to be sick or suffer and if the results come back positive--well, I will have to deal with it. Either way not brooding is all it takes. But, thanks again for the concern. I'll let you know tommorow what happened.
Have you ever had that dream where there's a monster or something chasing you down and you want to run and run and you're so scared you want to pee your pants but the moment right before it catches you and you know you're a gonner you're totally at peace? Kinda morbid I know, but that's how I look at it.

Yup C-R-A-Z-Y!
Old 12-20-2004, 09:39 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Have you ever had that dream where there's a monster or something chasing you down and you want to run and run and you're so scared you want to pee your pants but the moment right before it catches you and you know you're a gonner you're totally at peace?
Umm... . But I think I know the feeling you're talking about anyway. I think it's called acceptance or something. So maybe you're not :crazy: !
Old 12-20-2004, 12:01 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

So maybe I'm NOT :crazy: ?
Before I knew what that smilie meant...I thought it was sick or puking.

I know this sounds like I'm insane. It's probably lack of sleep.
But seriously I'm SO happy!
Hey remember the Funny Farm song?

OH YEAH...glad to be back. And alive. Though sore.

Last edited by squirrelly77; 12-20-2004 at 01:02 PM. Reason: I sometimes don't even get me.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:37 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Welcome back Danielle,

I've been worried. Glad to hear that you are ok. Keep it in the day. We quit one day at a time. I am grateful today that you are back, and pray that you'll stay this time.

I am also grateful to have seen first hand what a relapse can do to someone. My sponsor and I went on a 12 step call last night. It was a bit of reality up close and personal. The rationalizing, justification, and denial. I am grateful that I have been able to maintain my sobriety, one day at a time.

I am off to a Christmas party. I have another one tomorrow, I am grateful that I have friends that are in recovery, and functions to attend with them.

Have a good night everyone.

Sherry
Old 12-20-2004, 04:34 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
Hey remember the Funny Farm song?
You mean "They're Coming to Take Me Away?" To the funny farm, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white suits and they're coming to take me away. That song?

Grateful I got a bunch done on my residency applications, and set up my 2005 DayRunner. Grateful that Danielle is back. And grateful for the early congratulations from Cathy and Chris and T2M on my soon-to-be two years.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :crazy: too!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Danielle,
I hate to bring this up, but does this mean you won't be celebrating 60 days tomorrow? I hope not, 'cause I wanted you to celebrate with me!

Much love and many hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-20-2004, 06:32 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

My thoughts and prayers are with you all tonight.
Be strong,Danielle.I do believe in miracles.