Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 12-27-2004, 04:15 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey gang,
I hope you all had a great Christmas.It sounds like you did.We had a big storm here yesterday and the power was out all day(until 5 this morning).It got very cold in my home.Otherwise this was the best Christmas in many years.The first since 1985 that I didn't stay high the whole time.
Tonight I'm grateful that the power is back on and I can have a hot bath and a hot cup of coffee.And for my daughters who sang carols in the dark last night to cheer me up.What a blessing they are!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:04 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I reminded myself that I'm living life on life's terms now...and if I'm nervous...I'm nervous. No crime in that...the walls aren't going to come crashing down on me.
Isn't it funny what a revelation that can be, Danielle?

Sherry, that is AWESOME about your son! Brought tears to my eyes, too.

Richie,
Thanks for sharing, too! That was such a SWEET image.

I am grateful that everybody had a great SOBER Christmas. Mine was, too.

Grateful for leftovers. Anybody for some turkey? LOL.

Peace, love, and s,
Eddie
Old 12-27-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I'll take some turkey, we had ham for dinner, and there's no left overs!

It's good to hear that everyone had a safe and sober Christmas. Now let's do the same for New Years!
Old 12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
No expectations!

A whole turkey was all I could come up with! Are you going to any sober New Year's events? I think I may go to the NA dance. It would be a first for me.
—EZ
Old 12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
just j

Merry Belated Christmas All!

I am grateful for time off of work to relax and spend time with my family.

I am grateful for a sober and safe holiday.

I am grateful for all of you when I come here to read and you are all here, sober and loving it (well, mostly) like me.

I am grateful for my sobriety.

Hang tight, New Years is just around the corner and I know it will be a sober one for me. :0)

Hugs, Jalyn
Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

It's good to hear from you Jalyn. So that means everyone made it through Christmas sober. That is soooooo awesome. Thank you, God.

Eddie, I am going to a New Year's Eve AA dance. I am actually going early to do my part for service. I will be setting up tables and chairs and making the coffee. My spomsor is the chairperson for the dance, so I kinda have to be of service . It's a good thing, though, I really don't mind.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Love ya all

Sherry
Old 12-28-2004, 04:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Jalyn! Hey, Sherry!

Turns out a good friend is getting married and having a party on Friday. He is an active alcoholic, so I'm sure there will be drinking. But when I have my spouse with me, I can cope with these situations. If I can't, we can just leave! And we're thinking about going to see a band afterwards. I've been to the club a few times since I got clean and I'm comfortable not drinking there. Actually, the friend who's getting married is the same friend who got trashed at the same club the last time I was there. I wrote about that here. Anyway, we can always go to the NA dance if things get funky.

I am grateful that my friend is finally in a happy relationship and getting married. He deserves to be happy. I have known him forever and he was there for me at a really bad time in my life. Congratulations!

I am also grateful that for the progress we're making with my mom's move. We set up some beds today and she is getting more content with the idea of actually living in the new house, although she has yet to spend one night there! Progress, not perfection.

Also grateful to hear from one of the residencies I'm applying for. That's encouraging.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-29-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Tonight I would like to give thanks to my Higher Power for getting me through the cravings I was having. I wanted to smoke a joint so bad, I could taste it. My head kept trying to overpower my heart. I used my tools, though. I came here and posted about it. I called friends in the program and met them early at the meeting. The speaker told my story. I now feel very grateful that I know how to use the tools this program has given me. I know when to pray, and I know when to give thanks. I owe it all to God. He keeps me clean.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yea, Sherry! Yea, the Program! And most of all, yea God!!

That's fab, Sherry! Glad you're still here and clean. I am also grateful for my new red sweatjacket. It's so cozy and my old blue one had had it.

I guess I should also be grateful that I DIDN'T have cravings today. I have been very RID (restless, irritable, and discontent) this week and actually wanted to use on Monday or yesterday. I don't know what is going on, but I'm surviving it. Thanks, HP!

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-30-2004, 08:32 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, HP, for a pleasant trip to the mountains with my long-divorced parents. I got to see our house up there for the first time since my dad had the inside painted. It looks good. Plus I found the box of fluorescent crayons I looked for!

Grateful that I'm not so bi*chy now that I'm with my husband and not my parents. LOL. I hope this irritability goes away soon.

Sleep, I need sleep!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-01-2005, 10:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Eddie, Richie, Jalyn, and Danielle. I am grateful that last night is over. I had fun at the dance, but being in charge of the food was not fun. It all worked out fine, it was just stressful when we figured out that pizza was ordered from 2 places and we had way too much. Someone forgot to cancel the order from the first place, because we got a better deal from the second one. We just raffled the extra pizza off. I have a box and a half in my fridge, yuck!!!!!!!!! It was a lot of fun once that was dealt with, though. I danced so hard that it feels like I got hit by a truck, but I remember EVERYTHING I did. And I celebrated 8 months when the New Year came in. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

hi Sherry,Eddie,Danielle,and Jalyn.
Happy new year to you all.I celebrated last night by going to bed at nine-thirty.It really was an awful week at work and I was exhausted.This morning I put away all the Christmas decorations and now I plan to take a long nap.I hope you all have a great year.
Congratulations on 8 months, Sherry!I think I just made it past four.This will be the first year clean for me in over thirty years.
Well it's nap time now.Talk to y'all later.God bless.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry, I'll take some of that pizza off your hands if you like. Mmmmm, pizza...

Richie, have a good nap? I meant to get one today, but somehow I didn't.

Well, anyway...tonight I'm grateful for starting my third calendar year clean. I went to hear a couple speak before a sober dance, then went to my friend's wedding party, and got home and was in bed just after eleven. It was a nice night.

I'm grateful for not being so be-otchy today like I was earlier this week. I'm actually tolerating my father-in-law's presence really well! I was afraid he'd send me off the deep end considering how touchy I'd been for the last several days.

Have a sweet night everybody!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-02-2005, 07:24 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that I will be leaving in 1 day for my cruise in the Carribean. I will miss you guys. I heard they have computers but it is expensive to use. I will have my friend post for me from here when I send her a postcard. I will be back tomorrow to post one more before I go.

Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
No expectations!

We'll miss you, too, Sherry! Have a GREAT time!

Gratitude.
1) That I was able to feed my diabetic father-in-law regular healthy meals, and
2) That I don't have to worry about that anymore! LOL.

I guess the "holidays" are over. Mine went well. And we all made it through clean! Hurrah! I'm thanking HP again.

Peace, love, and hugs,
eddie
Old 01-03-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Sherry---you lucky dog! My mom was talking about taking a "family reunion" cruise upon the Disney ships a year from this upcomming Spring Break. That would be pretty cool...it would be fun with all the young kids. Not that I try and think so far into the future, but hopefully I'll be "involved" with someone by then. It would be much more fun than being by myself. All in good time, right? The last two relationships I had I was walking with the guys before I could crawl and they happened within a couple months of each other. Bad idea! So, I'm grateful that I'm getting to know myself and being comfortable being with Danielle before I take that plunge again!
I'm grateful I got through my first holiday season completely sober in the past few years. That is truly a blessing!

Thanks everyone for your ESH. I know I landed upon this website for a reason!

Danielle
Old 01-03-2005, 06:00 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
So, I'm grateful that I'm getting to know myself and being comfortable being with Danielle before I take that plunge again!
That rocks, Danielle! I think one reason I DO have a healthy relationship is that I'm also OK alone. I wasn't always comfortable with myself so I felt like I "needed" someone else. Now that I'm good with Eddie, I'm good with my husband, too. Does that make sense?

Grateful that I finally made an appointment with the nutritionist! I've been procrastinating on that point for months.

And grateful for songbirds fluttering in the brush on my walks. My brother gave me a bird call for Christmas and I take it along to try to get them to talk.

Please pray for kaduceuskitty, too!
Peace, love, and hugs, Eddie
Old 01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eddie z.
That rocks, Danielle! I think one reason I DO have a healthy relationship is that I'm also OK alone. I wasn't always comfortable with myself so I felt like I "needed" someone else. Now that I'm good with Eddie, I'm good with my husband, too. Does that make sense?
It makes perfect sense to me. I, too, am comfortable with myself. I just started seeing someone, and we are taking it very slow. Friends first. I am real cautious because of the one year suggestion. I do only have 8 months. I have done steps 1-5, though, and my sponsor told me that as long as I don't get too involved, it could work. He is perfectly ok with that. We only see each other once or twice a week, and all past relationships were on a "I have to see you every day, and always know where you are, who you're with, and what time to expect to see you again." It's nice to have something different than that. And for that I am grateful!

My bedtime gratitude prayer is that we have a safe trip. I will truly miss you guys when I'm gone. Stay strong. If I can get to a computer, I will check in. If not, see ya'll in 2 weeks.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I just wanted to post a quick gratitude for the day. As you all know, I am on vacation. We stopped at a Super 8 and I say a sign that said internet access. I thought I was gonna droul on myself...lol. My gratitude is that we have made it to South Carolina safely, and will be in Florida in 10 hours tomorrow. May God be with my father and I as we drive tomorrow. I'll check in when I can.

Love and Hugs......Sherry
Old 01-05-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry,
I missed getting on here last night. Guess you're on the road to Florida as I am writing. Have a wonderful cruise! I'm glad the trip is going smoothly so far and that you checked in last night. Cool!
Love, hugs, and BON VOYAGE!
Eddie