Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Once again, I must share my gratitude way before I fall asleep.
I'm grateful for the wonderful welcome to this thread from the little punkster Eddie, Richie, and Sherry. You guys RULE! By the way, my sister is taking it all in stride. She'll be on chemo for another month and a half, but from what I hear...it's a pretty hard thing to go through. She seems to be handling it pretty well.
I'm grateful for the string of 24's I've accumulated since joining SR--it has been an awesome tool for my recovery. I'm grateful for all the incredible, sober people I'm meeting in the rooms of AA. I'm grateful for finally being open and embracing a new life...one that no longer revolves around alcohol.
It sure is nice to be able to sleep a SOUND 7 hours every night--something I took for granted while drinking.

Thanks everyone...hope all is well.
Where IS Sam???

Danielle
Old 10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hey Danielle,
I'll be sure to say extra prayers for your sister. Unfortunately, I've watched too many people go through chemo. It will be hard on her and she will probably get real sick on the days that she gets it. I hope all goes well otherwise.

Eddie and Richie,
hey you two. Just wanted to say that I will be praying for all of us to keep collecting 24 hours at a time, for a long time. Have a blessed day.

Sherry
Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey everyone!It's been a rough day at work so I shall turn in early.Danielle I will keep you and your sister in my prayers.And Sherry and Eddie too,of course!
Eddie,there were no songs about meat.It was a concept concieved by a bunch of stoned teens.After that I did play in quite a few legitimate bands.I think I first heard the Dolls(Personality Crisis) in 73.I know the Ramones started in 74.Anyway I always considered The Velvet Underground one of the first true punk bands.
God bless you all and Good night!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:24 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

SAM? COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Tonight's bedtime prayer is that our friend Sam is ok and is just having computer problems. That's what was wrong before. Sam, know that we are worried about you and hope that all is well.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:50 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Tonight I am grateful for Sherry, Richie, and Danielle keeping this thread going and I, too, am hoping that Sam is OK and is just having :cursebunn computer problems.

I am also grateful that I got to get out and go ROLLERBLADING (yea!) at the park today. The weather was great and it was quite the workout, especially since I was really out of practice and not very graceful, I'm afraid.

Richie,
While I truly DIG the Velvet Underground, I never understood them as punk, just an influence, you know? "Personality Crisis" I know from the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack, but it's a cover. My first husband had some Dolls' stuff, though for some reason, I never got into it. Oh, yeah, and I'm grateful that I DID get to see the Ramones play even if it was the late '80s!

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight! I have to hit the hay here soon myself. Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 10-15-2004, 07:39 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi family,

Tonight my prayers are that it doesn't rain too bad tomorrow. My son has to collect for his paper route, and I have to "protect" him!

I miss rollar blading. I used to do it everyday in Florida, but the weather up here isn't all that great. It is great exercise, but it also really hurts when you fall .

I pray that everyone had a wonderful day tomorrow.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 10-17-2004, 10:20 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Oops! I missed checking in here yesterday. :lame: Did it :raincloud much, Sherry? I hope your son's business went well. I DID have a pretty great day, thank you.

I am grateful for Mike P., who spoke at my home group last night. He is a wonderful example of what the program can do and an inspiration to all. Plus he's pretty funny, too.

Hope everyone's having a good Sunday, especially Sam! It's gorgeous here, although it is getting cool. Later y'all...
Love and hugs, Eddie
Old 10-17-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

It is a lazy sunday afternoon.A bedtime prayer is appropriate because I'm getting ready to take a nap.I'm thankful for naps because they are one of my favorite things!And I pray that my friends on this thread have a wonderful day!
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

I am grateful that although I don't have millions of dollars rolling around in the bank, my needs are still being met. I'm grateful that I have a job that keeps me sane and out of debt (for the most part)
I'm praying for Sherry, Eddie, and Richie and that they have a good night. Also, I hope that Sam is having computer issues too. I'm grateful for the Fall season (my favorite time of year) but I'm hoping this yucky, grey weaher lets up soon.

Danielle
Old 10-18-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Well, I haven't checked in in 2 days. Been quite busy. Yes, Eddie, my son did pretty good. My prayers tonight are that my son learn how to control his temper a little better.

Danielle, I pray that everything is going well for your sister. I pray that we can all stay clean, one day at a time, and continue to share with each other on this wonderful thread.

Good night everyone, sweet dreams.

Love and Hugs.....Sherry
Old 10-18-2004, 08:01 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Danielle, Sherry, and Richie! I guess I'm the last to check in today. Please everyone save a prayer for Lurkings. She hangs out over on the Mental Health board and is having a rough time.

Tonight I am grateful for Trish, Jerry, and FrstedOne on the NA Forum for keeping me in line! :slap: Thanks, I needed that.

I am also grateful to be able to have my window open and hear all the critters singing. Ahhh...

Love and hugs, Eddie :doh:
Old 10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone...
Eddie, tonight I will say a prayer for Lurkings and hope that she is feeling better. I'm grateful that I don't have any major mental health problems to deal with on top of my alcoholism.
I'm grateful that the kinks got worked out with the apartment complex I wanted to rent from and that I have my new place to move into this Sunday. YAY!!! I'm not, however, looking forward to moving. That's gotta be one of my LEAST favorite things to do.
I'm grateful that I have another 24 hours of sobriety and that I have been able to continue with the trend. I'm praying my HP will guide me in the right direction in finding a sponsor that is a good match.
I'm hoping that this thread finds Sherry, Eddie and Richie in great spirits. Hey--think I should start calling myself Dani to continue the "eee" names on here? :scratchch

Daneee
Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Daneeeee! Lurkings is much better. Congrats on your new apartment. And I wish you well in finding a sponsor. I just asked someone to be my temporary sponsor in OA last night. Now y'all make sure I call her tonight, OK?

Tonight I am grateful for my OA sponsor, for Australian Gold tingle, and for lurkings feeling better! Now I have to go do some homework my new sponsor gave me. Take care, all!

Love and hugs, Eddie :present:
Old 10-20-2004, 04:22 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry,Eddie and Dani!
I was too tired last night to turn on my computer.Been working some long hours.I am,however,grateful to have a job and be able to pay my bills.Hope you are all doing well!Good luck with your moving,Dani.That's something I hate doing myself.
I pray that you all have a good night's sleep tonight and have a great day tomorrow.God bless ya'll.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Okay, guys...this isn't going to follow in my usual happy mood. I started a thread in the Newcommer's forum that explains what I mean.
So, tonight I'm grateful that I made it back unscathed (physically) and alive. I'm also grateful I didn't do anything completely stupid to put another in harm's way.
I'm grateful that I've admitted my mistakes and that by getting a second chance...I'm given the chance to really live.
Richie, Sherry, and Eddie...I'm grateful for you and for a place like this where I can be myself and not feel totally alone.
Good night all.
In need of extra, EXTRA prayers for me. Thanks

Dani
Old 10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey Dani,I read your post in Newcomer's.I will say a special prayer for you tonight.What happened does not make you any more a sinner than anyone else in the world!The fact that you're agonizing over it so much goes to show how hard you are fighting against it.God knows what is in your heart and He will not desert you no matter what you do.I'm not very religious(I don't attend church or anything like that) but I do know from personal experience that God(however you percieve Him) is always there when I need him the most(even when I've turned my back on Him).I'm not trying to preach,just telling you what I feel in my heart.
I pray for God to bless you and give you strength to overcome this and forgive yourself.I have faith in you!

Hi,Eddie and Sherry.God bless you too!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:34 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Dani, Eddie, and Richie,

I pray that this post finds you all in a good place. As long as we don't drink or drug, all will be well!
I'm grateful for another 24 hours of sobriety. I'm also grateful that my sponsor has a room rented at the convention next weekend, so I won't have to commute back and forth. I'm grateful for my sponsor, hey Eddie, did you call yours? Dani, I pray that you find one soon, and as long as you pray, too, God will put her in your path.

Love and Hugs........Sherry
Old 10-22-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Sherry, Richie, Danielle, and Samantha!

Danielle, I will have to check out your thread after I finish here, OK? :saywhat?:

This evening I am grateful for my "old" friend Julie who will be my "backup" tonight when I go to a club to see another friend play.

Love and hugs to all,
Eddie
Old 10-22-2004, 09:56 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

An AM prayer
God please today guide me in my recovery, speak thru me and in me show me your will. Keep me from obsessions and opportunities, Give me the strength I need to endure any pain throughout my day, the courage to face any fear I may encounter, for your wisdom to know how to make it through. I know having faith in you there is nothing I can't do. Thank you, I love you, I surrender my will and my life. Walk with me today, guide me in your ways. Amen.

The PM prayer.
Thank him for everything, everyday. Look in the details of the prayer even things that may seem un noticed, ask for forgiveness and surrender again. Amen
Old 10-23-2004, 07:05 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Godswillnotmine!! Thanks for sharing those prayers. I had put some others up myself, but those threads kind of fizzled, I think.

Today I am grateful that I got to see my friend play a great show last night and that I didn't get trashed like my other friend who had to go home in a cab before the set even ended!

Love and hugs, Eddie
aka "Devil Girl"