Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Live, I am the same way i work all week and when the weekends come I just went to be home and not run around seeing people.

Cindi, I downloaded it last night... weird it says I didnt join.

Jewel
Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Good morning ladies............or is it?? I didn't sleep at all last night. Too much on my mind and I can't shut the damn thing down. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

thanks jewelz. I phoned a friend, the exabf as a matter of fact. His heart is down to functioning at 20% now and needs a transplant. AND he still went out and got drunk last night. But know what, what he did or who he did is none of my business. It doesn't effect me at all anymore. But we do care about each other as friends who were special to each other and meant alot to each other. Still do, I guess. But I don't say a word about his drinking and escapades, it is his life and he has every right to live that way if he wants.

Anyway....sorry you didn't sleep last night loves! I hope you find some calm in your day...and maybe a nap!

If you want to get out and meet up for a meal just pm me....but not today (see how easy it is to say no LOL) because I am cuddled up on one ice pack after another today. It is helping. Good 'coz I am a wuss.

I don't know whether it was the rain, there wasn't that much yesterday afternoon, so I tend to think someone hit a pole or something but all the traffic lights and electricity was out. Gas pumps were down. I am on fumes, was hoping I wouldn't be walking home in the rain!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gosh, it took all morning for me to read like 10 pgs. i'm around today, just not constant. time to sit down in a bit and do some bill figuring. gotta clean up and do some washing today. i think maybe i'll go rent a couple of movies from walmart.

i did read all you guys responses but i have a hard time remembering so much. i hope all of you vacationers have a great time.

cinder, i just don't know what to say about you, you and your pets, and now you have to nerve to be kissing a RAT. i just don't know what i'm gonna do with you. GOSH.

ok, is this possible? i've been so busy all of these yrs trying to protect my own feelings, trying to make sure that i'm not being a door mat anymore, trying to make sure that i look after me first and not allow myself to be hurt by every little thing, that i'm finding myself being too hard on people.

my kids say that i'm mean and i do realize that i feel a little too cold hearted, being afraid to let anyone in, even the kids. seems like i've been so busy in protect me mode, that i'm not allowing myself to be happy living in the day. i mean, i give the one day at a time advice but i don't take me own advice. life has been so boring for me, but after i think about it, maybe i'm just not allowing myself to enjoy life.

everything is not meant to hurt me and i don't have to guard myself against everything and everybody, do i ?

its like i can't see the breauty of the forest for watching ever so carefully for the weeds that may needed to be plucked from around the trees. why can't i just forget what it WAS like and just enjoy what IS?. just my thoughts, does this make sense to anybody?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Teke, So glad to see ya back posting. I missed you. Yes what you said makes sense to me........life does appear to be very boring even to me but then I stop & think do I really like it better when I am dealing with all of that drama. No I don't so I guess boring is good. I was out in my yard cutting weeds & cutting back trees that were growing into my fence. Going to relax the rest of the day & just have sandwiches & cole slaw for dinner.
Everyone have a great Saturday.

Diane
Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Yes, it makes sense.

I don't know your story well enough to comment Teke. But I can tell you one of my own.

I don't know why my now-hubby kept dating me! I dated him for 2 years keeping myself guarded and him as my companion/driver/weekend date. And I am still pretty distant with most everyone.

I need to learn to have more FUN myself. I keep blaming it on this small town where there is nothing at all to do.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Oh Teke I know exactly where you're at honey, because I find I'm like that myself. I seem to be cold and withdrawn lately from my loved ones..........although I don't know why. For me though I think it's coming from not having the energy to make everyone happy right now. I'm tired ya know?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
grateful rca

someone shared with me the other day how their wife was always cranky after retirement and they when to the doctors and was given hormone treatments, whatever that is, and they said that it helped to calm her emotions down. i was thinking that maybe they had a point. i remember when my grandma got to the place where she couldn't work and get around like she was used to, she began to get older faster.

it was brought to my attention, that though i'm not retired, that its kind of like i am and that since i have nothing to do during the day, except the normal everyday chores, then maybe its taking a toll on me and my enthusiasm concerning life. maybe its time for me to see a doctor and to find something that i can do to take me out of this house more.

maybe the fact that i can't work, being around other adults is causing me to feel isolated and that can't be good for me right now. at least i'm beginning to have some idea about what just might be going on with me. before now, i spent all my time with the grandbabies, and since they don't come as often, maybe its time that i find some replacement activities. glad to have more of my time to myself, but now i think that it would be good for me if i found something to do that maybe i enjoy, to take away all the idol time. just thinking
Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Sounds very wise. I am listening!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Teke, getting a rat,w ell I had this void cause one of my closest online friends who was always on everymorning when I got up was MIA, so after a week of having the void I went out and found a new friend, who'd always be there. Just kidding.

Well I officially own a zoo. My son got to bring home his hamster today (a late turning 6 present.) he got from my sis boyfriend, and I dont know what hapened but my older son brought one home too. But they ahve to take care of them, including buying the food and bedding.

Today we discussed family chores and are building a chore list so everyone knows there duties. Got my vaccuum back from the shop and vaccuumed, it works awesome, now I remember why I had to have a $400 vacuum. We are going into summer cleaing mode, starting tonite into tomorrow there will be deep cleaning, mopping fans cleaned, patio windows ect and maybe even the garage.

Live, just east of you had a pretty wicked storm late last night, that might be why the power was out, we got the leftover today and the wind was nasty. Remember it is hurricane season again....
Old 06-02-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

hey all, lives hope your feeling better. cindi, anytime you want to come and do some of my cleaning or organizing feel free, i just don't have the motivation these days. and you're starting to make me feel like such a slacker mom, i won't let my boys get any pets which they desperately want, maybe i should send them down to you for a few weeks. ha ha just kidding, could you imagine 5 boys to take care of! i can't.

teke, i think checking with the doctor is a good idea, i know my mom (shes your age) has been very withdrawn and kinda cold lately too, she complains about it being hormones etc, i think she should see the doctor but she laughs me off. let us know how you make out.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I am xhausted tonight.. not a good reason for it either. My Mom says I would get checked for Lyme.. we have a lot of tics and the Lyme is bad.

Got the park dedicated and got to moving 4ward. Got the house cleaned too..

Some big storms came thru this afternoon. Saw the stormy weather in Florida and thought of you all down there. Atlanta needs rain.. getting none.

Of course, I watered the vegetable garden this morning and there was an inch of rain this evening. Go figure.

Teke, you make 100% perfect sense to me. Fact is, you sound like me. I have emotionally detached from people and I too am afraid of getting hurt. I think time will heal this for me. I been pretty well blasted over the last 8 years and I think my heart needs a rest.

One reason I have the dog now is she is safe to love.

I love to go on the weekends.. but it costs to do so. I would go camping most weekends, but I have been dealing with other responsibilities. Hopefully b4 the end of summer I can go camping with Atka.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post

I just remembered, the chiro did this traction thing with my neck with a towel. No reason hubby can't duplicate it. It might get rid of my headache and I would be a whole lot happier.

Oh my gosh!!! Isn't that towel thing the best????? My chiropractor did that to me and ever since I've been trying to do it to myself..........
I have a degenitive bone disease in my neck and some days the pain is more than I can stand. I've begged anyone who would listen to just take my head and yank me up off the floor!!

I hope you feel better Live.............I can certainly understand how uncomfortable it can be.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

What is it sore muscles day. My neck is killing me. Wondering how much of last weeks headaches were indicators. I ve got hot damp towels on my neck and shoulders now.

Guys Ive never had rodents before now. The boys three week old teddy bear hamsters are too cute, but psycho and Mr. Templeton is truly getting cooler by the day. He makes this clicking sound like a raccoon when he's happy and on my shoulder. He rubs his head into your hand to be petted like a cat, and he now responds to his name and heads toward me...Yes in a week. He's the coolest. I actually got inside scoop today. This guy who is in my sisters clan is buddies witha girl from the petstore I got him at. I had seen teh kid the day I got him. He mentioned it to her and she said. "Im so thrilled. I used to walk around the store with him on my shoulder or in my pocket since he was 3 weeks old. When the girl (thats me) said she wanted one to hang out on her shoulder I knew he was perfect."

I never thought Id get so attached to a rat
Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Cinder,

Not to mind your business...but....heat feels good but actually increases the inflammation. Cold packs are recommended.

Loves,
mine is a permanent injury in the neck too. But I have gone long periods pain free. One thing that will pull it out of whack for me is to carry anything on my shoulders.
Yes, even the purse on the strap. PMS and stress can set if off too.
Boy, wouldn't I love a muscle relaxer and a massage! I haven't been up too long from my nap but I think I am headed right back to bed flat on my back. It would help if I would sleep on the floor with the cold packs but I can't talk myself into it yet.
YET!

hugs to each of you!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

You're right about stress playing a big role in the pain. I've actually become almost pain free since leaving my exabf believe it or not lol. Now it only acts up when like you............the purse or holding the phone with my head to my shoulder.......I even went as far to buy a TENS unit ..........although much smaller than the one at the chiropractors office.........and hot towels............lots of hot towels.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

tens unit...is that the zapper pads? I want some of those!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
tens unit...is that the zapper pads? I want some of those!
Yes it is. I bought mine on line. They range anywhere from $40 and up......depending on what unit you get. I swear by mine.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Did I really say I was gonna clean today? I dont want to. WAAAA

But I need to have it done case grandpa comes by
Old 06-03-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Cat fur, cat fur, cat fur. Im sick and tired of it being everywhere. It makes cleaning so much harder. I wish I could convince them to live on the patio