Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

The help was a nice gift and as you said, he did try to take care of it himself.
I would consider the flowers as a thank you for the help. ?

And you still get to go to the bay.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

thanks live - you're right - sometimes i just over analyze everything. and yes, the bay is going to be loads of fun.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Finally, all you did was secretarial work. DO you know how many men without substance issues need help with those things?

Your doing fine
Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

you're soooo right cindi, just tell me when to shut up.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

As I am aware we only want to eb sure to not help with things they can do for themselves, if your not taking any responsibility away from him I dont see the harm.

Can I go home yet?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

ok everyone - time to go home yeah! have a great night and a great weekend. don't forget to try to find sometime just for you. thats my goal this weekend.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

yes cindi - go home and hug the boys and the rat too!! and i think you're right, there was really no harm in what i did, he did try to accomplish himself first.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Have a good weekend everyone if I dont see you around this site or myspace
Old 06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Well everyone checking in after the ride home, aminly because coming to the computer is now habit for me. We are having a lounge nite. Rented 2 movies. One for all of us and one for me.

Templetons happy Im home and eating a piece of strawberry. Im making my own fried potato slices, my favorite this week.

Talk to everyone later, hope all is good
Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

cindi, did your sister come over? What did she think of templeton?? I am downloading the myspace im now.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Yes she stopped by, you know young adults they never stay long. She loved him and so did her friends. She said the name was fitting as he looked just like his name sake.

I convinced her to go get me a 2 liter of Pepsi and while she left to do that my 6 year old held Templeton on his lap. A few minutes later I walked by and saw what to me was very touching. Garrett wasnt holding him but he was just laying there, content, like a cat. When he heard my voice he scurried towards me. It was cute
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks Palm. Im really amazed at how sweet and social he is. When you pet his head he moves it up and down like my cats do when they want to be petted more. The kids and I are collecting boxes and papertowel tubes, we want to make him a series of mazes to play in. He's great for focusing problems havent thought about anything stressful all night
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home! So now I am up. Told hubby we can be like kids and stay up all night or keep any hours we want! LOL

Palm, for time alone, have you tried sticking a book in front of your face. You don't really have to read it? LOL
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Its easy palm. on photobucket copy the html code.
Then go to edit profile and paste the code under the heading you want it to appear
Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I cant seem to wind down tonite. Im up Iming a friend in Cali and fixing meatballs and spinach casserole and making myself lists of things I want to accomplish in the next few weeks ariund here. Now if I jump up and start painting my livingroom wall, Im gonna worry about me
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I almost hungry enough to drive over! It sounds fantastic!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:39 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Good morning all!
Up to feed dog etc. Next got to clean house. Then walk said dog...
And then off with friends to a New Town Park dedication.

Hopefully home by noon.. need to cut more lawn and get the beet seeds in.. lettuce and radishes...

I guard my alone time very jealously. I really do. After getting rid of XABF I just don't WANT anyone around. I make my self do things with people.. it is always an effort for me. People make demands on me.. and while I say no a LOT, sometimes I have to say yes or there will be no people around.

Thing is, I never much liked spending time with people.. replaced them with livestock, horses and cats & dogs. No livestock or horse anymore, but I actually look forward to the day when I do have one again and can use that as an excuse to not go out with people.... LOL

I get involved in some things because I figure isolating is bad, tho I am very comfortable away from humanity. the problem is that groups quickly assign me to leadership roles which I just do not want. I say no to all that now. I just do not want the responsibility and I have become very selfish about my time.

Too many years giving up my time to a useless addict who betrayed me on every level (may he rot in the land of satan). I guess I never want to go there again..

Wello, got to get going. House won't get clean by itself. Y'all have a great day!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I do the same thing Elana, why do you think I have 2 cats, a dog, a frog, 7 turtles, a rat and countless number of fish?

Weather here is awful a bad storms been brewing and we should have high winds and rain a few days. I welcome the rain except everything so dry there be flood dangers and Im in a flood zone. Also my wireless internaet connection is bad today. Thats okay I got plenty to do. Jewelz, did you downloaad myspace Im? Mine still shows you as not joined. I should be on this evening

Hope everyone has a fun Saturday and take some me time.

Teke, we still love you and would like you to say Hi sometimes
Old 06-02-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

good morning everyone, well this morning its just me and the babies, my parents took my oldest two out on their boat for some fishing so for the first sat in like 6 mos i'm just relaxing, didn't get to the shower yet!! i'm gonna take the babies (ok, not really babies - 1 &2) to a new spray ground (mini water park) today, that should be fun.

I totally understand the animal thing you guys i just don't have the energy to take care of all of them. we had a puppy last summer that just about killed me - she got sick and passed away at 6 mos. not sure i can try it again.

so i guess i should be hitting the shower and dressing the babies so we can go have some fun. cindi, bad weather = veg in front of TV day!! have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

You all work all week and then go out on weekends!

I am more like Elana.....I'm just not that social, sociable. I visit with enough people at work, that's enough social life for me. It's hard to drag me out of the house. I visit via phone. LOL

My back, neck and head are bothering me again. It is the headache that I can't take.
So I am all about ice packs and Goodie's powders today. Have another chiropractor appmt Tues morning.
I need to take a whole week off and let it heal but that just is not possible. It wouldn't hurt me as we don't rely on my income but it would put Edie in an impossible situation.

I am not interested in pets either, but my hubby takes care of the landlord's chickens and he is attached to all the new biddies (baby chicks). He talks to them and they come up to him and let him hold them etc. I think it half broke his heart last week when 3 died. Soft-hearted

I just remembered, the chiro did this traction thing with my neck with a towel. No reason hubby can't duplicate it. It might get rid of my headache and I would be a whole lot happier.

We are arranging to get the guest mattress/box springs from his mother's things. (She died last month). It is much firmer and I am hoping it will help both our backs.

So..have FUN all you young energetic ladies!