Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hi Cindi! thanks for the Rat and zoo photos!

Remember.. when all hekc breaks loose at work and they NEED you, there is a word for that. It is called JOB SECURITY!

IBM just laid off 69 people. Dell just laid off a bunch too. Both of these are good companies. Dell has had 1st quarter losses. IBM is refocusing their production and research.

In the private sector, no matter how good the company is, lay offs and downsizing are always possible.

I am soooo GRATEFUL I have a job to come to. I was unemployed for 5 weeks one time.. that is a truly frightening situation. I am the only one in the house who can earn money to keep my roof, my heat and 9most importantly) the cats and dogs fed!

I am also grateful this is Friday and I have two days off coming up! Woo Hoo. Grateful for it all!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Palmtree, I also agree that it would be so rediculas to get fired because you asked for a raise. If you think your boss is capable for firing you for such a crazy reason do you think maybe you should start looking for something else.. if possible?

Well its friday I hope today goes by really fast. I will probably be very productive today so the day could go by really fast.

jewel
Old 06-01-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

PT.. sounds like you need to ask them about that increased compensation. Keep your cool when you do it. Indicate the date this was said and that you have embraced the additional duties, completed work on time and all the rest..

The REAL importance here is to NOT get emotional. Leave the emotions at the door when you ask. Stick to facts, ask for $1 an hour and do so with confidence. You may be DYING inside when you ask, but act like it is "just another day in paradise." Do not accuse. Do not beg. Do not suggest an alternative. Tell them you love what you do and you like working with (insert boss's name) and (insert company name).

If they do not have an answer today, ask them when they will be getting back to you. Do not forget to thank (insert boss's name) for taking the time to consider your request. ALWAYS be polite and say THANK YOU.

Like I said.. I have been on both sides of this. You are negotiating. Treat it like any negotiation, no matter how you FEEL. And, remember one thing, you deserve this. Period.

If your request is denied, ask them what they expect you to do and in what time frame you need to do it in to be considered for a raise.

This is business. You can do this.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

cindi - elana said it best - Job security!! but i know how lawyers can be, i worked as a legal secretary for 3 years and they were both jerks. not to mention the pay sucked!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

palm - keeping everything crossed for you. good luck.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Palm, crossing my fingers for you....sending prayers as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

One more hour till lunch.... than half the work day done.

I have major cramps, I usually dont get them but today I sure do have them and I am bloated... I was thinking it was my weight gain but then I doubt my stomach could get that big so fast.

where is everyone???
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

PT, true, true.... I am just in such a need of a vacation. I keep telling myself soon, be patient and soon. My daughter is staying over my sis's house today. I am lucky I do get brakes from the kids but rarely at the same time.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Thought you would all like a moment of peace
Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

slide show of zoo
http://www.slide.com/r/BAiIrQvV1D_E5...t_embedded_url
part 2
http://www.slide.com/r/stthEv1u3j-ci...t_embedded_url
Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Peace! PEACE?????
Tick infested woods with and a blood sucker filled pond is PEACE??????

(I am REALLY teasing you!!! Please take the above comment in that exact context!)

Truly, thanx for the photos. They do invoke a peaceful mood. Especially after a very stressful conference call where (quite honestly) the comments were all negative and very much in line with my teasing.. Gosh ppl can find negativity in anything if they want to!

And we sure do hope you get that raise PT!!!
If you don't ask, nothing will happen. If you do ask, nothing may still happen but you have increased the odds in your favor!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

PS: Loved the slide show. Can't do these at home on dial up!

Nice leopard and is that one a Jaguar? Cute kids! Noticed the scarlet MaCaw too. when are you getting a parrot Cindy?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

like the pics too cindi, your boys are adorable! those plants are awesome too, we can't grow anything like that in MD. ok, now i want to go the zoo too.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Thanks. Sorry about the leopards being upside down, still learning these computer programs. (and if photo lab processing lady hadnt put them in the machine for the disk backwards that would ahve helped.)

Just got back from an alanon meeting. It was great. The topic today was codependency and how we were striving to change

Id love a macaw, but three problems:
1. The thousands of dollars they cost, and
2. Im allergic (badly) to feathers.
3. Im afraid of them.... (Got bit on the nose from a pet store one as a kid.)
Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Hey Cindi, the pictures are so nice. Your boys are so adorable. While I was looking through your pictures a thought occured to me that your boys must see as such a cool mom to have a rat as a pet...LOL

My neice is so into all animals she would love that. She digs up snails in my back yard and worms to. She hates that I have a rule in my house no bugs or any wiggley things from out side are allowed inside my home.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
Hey Cindi, the pictures are so nice. Your boys are so adorable. While I was looking through your pictures a thought occured to me that your boys must see as such a cool mom to have a rat as a pet...LOL

My neice is so into all animals she would love that. She digs up snails in my back yard and worms to. She hates that I have a rule in my house no bugs or any wiggley things from out side are allowed inside my home.

Only the little guy is mine, the 10 year old is my brother in law. My older boys still dont know I went.

Jewelz, they do think the rat is cool, and the turtles too, especially now that they are getting large.

I got a myspace message from my 18 year old sis today that her friends and her were coming over tonite to see Templeton. So apparently rats are a cool young adult thing as well
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Thats so cool that your sis and her firends are coming over to see Templeton. My daughter saw your pic yesterday with Templeton on your shoulder she thought it was cool also. But when I think of a rat the image that pops in my head are the ones that are running around in the nyc subway station or the ones that are hiding in the grass and garbage.... that when you walk by you need to walk really fast or one could run right over your foot. geez I get the sheebeegeebees just thinking of it..

i went to my moms for lunch and my daughter and the girls who my mom watches were all sitting there punish. It seems that three of the girls ganged up on my daughter being mean and saying her sandles ( light brown) doesn't match her outfit. My daughter was upset but didnt back down and yelled right back at them. When my mom told me I told her well she is tired of them being mean to her thats why she spoke back to them. To be honest I wanted to yell right at those girls.... one of them even rolled her eyes at me when she thought I wasnt looking.

Then Michael was acting like a wild man throwing things, trying to hit everyone... driving me and my mom crazy. She said when I am not around he doesnt act like that i told her he doesnt act like that when hes with me either. he is hyper but not the way he was today... insane. My uncle calls him the hurricane.

I just called to check on the kids, daughter is okay playing with the girls and Mike is sleeping.

I need this day to be over!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

i need this day to be over too jewelz, i just went looking for paychecks and no one knows where they are, which is really great cuz my van is running on fumes and i have $3 in purse. i didn't take lunch today cuz i'm so broke and now no damn paycheck, they better find them soon or there's gonna be a revolt around here! i'm starting to go into total b*tch mode especially since i'm starving. well, off to the vending machine (last night i made a vow to stay away from drive thrus and vending machines - oh well- i'll start that again tommorrow)
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Jewelz,
I have a confession to make. I freak is a rat is on the floor. Videos on youtube of several running around give me the creeps. News videos of NYC KFC with rats, gfrosed me out. But 1 rat, scurrying, only where he should be, and by the way very clean and smelling of small animal shampoo, is okay.