Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Elana, I read somewhere that the chemicals disbursed by the swiffer wet jet soak into pet paws and cause live malfunction. I couldnt find the article today, but when my mom asked there vet he said to be sure the floor was thoroughly dried before any animals walsked through

I have been tryingall day to get rid of animal smell and you know what? All the years I blamed hamster bedding for a pets tore smell I was wrong, its the seed mix!!! Im allergic to it.

My cats ahd a bath and have forgiven me as they are watching hamstervison right now.

Shh dont let her know Im getting ready to bathe my dog.

I didnt quite get my garage organized, still have to get stuff in attic, but Im closer and have 3 bags of stuff to be donated tomorrow all loaded in car. Edged half my driveway, took a short nap and watched a movie.

Anyone seen "Because I said So" Its really cute.

I missed you KJ. Im glad you had a nice time
Old 06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks I will post some pics later on. Well there was some complications on the boat but we made it back and I'm not a good boat person either. Everyone kept saying its impossible to sink a platoon boat well now I'm wondering. lol. It did almost flip over the front of the boat took on a huge wave and I swear we were straight up and down scary. I was sitting in the back of the boat but it was scary to watch thank God Scott knew what he was doing and just floored the boat and it straightened out. At that point is when LAND was DEMANDED. So never say never lol. Got a little sunburned everyone else got cooked bet they wished they listened when I said anyone want some sun screen. Oh NO they said. I just got out of the shower and my hair still smells like a bomb fire guess that will take a day to get out. Scotts sister and bil and nephew and his pregnant gf came up and we all just laughed. Really needed that. Now just ordered a pizza and wings and on my way to the couch.

My cat is short haired so I dont have much problems with cat hair plus when he was a kitten I trained him (if its possible) not to go on any of the furniture and he still doesnt. He has one chair that hes allowed on and boy he goes after u if u sit on it. Hes mad right at us right now for leaving him but he will get over it soon. Hes not to friendly to begin with now imagine him angry.

I will post pics in a min. talk to everyone later.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Blues, I pray that you find peace, cause our higher power knows our AHs do what they choose when they choose to
Old 06-03-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Ok, so whats the point in cleaning and scrubbing a house if by 7 pm the floors are sticky again, theres toothpaste all over the bathroom and more dishes to be done?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Blues I will be keeping u in my thoughts. Cinder not sure about the housecleaning thing but when u figure it out let me know. Tomorrow I will be VERY bz cleaning again. Well now I gotta go finish the laundry I cannot wait to crawl into bed tonight a real bed not a tent. Its the little things in life ya know!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Heres me manning the boat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
captainkim.jpg (221.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Here is the view from our campsite.
Attached Images
view.jpg (255.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-03-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

One more of the view
Attached Images
view 2.jpg (195.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

beautiful
Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Very Nice KJ. You look like a great Captain!

BTW the thing on the Swiffer Wet jet was an Internet Rumor taht has been completely debunked..

However, when I wash the floors they dry really fast and the deal is, NO ONE WALKS ON THE WET FLOORS.. the cats do not and Atka is in her crate during cleaning...

The Swiffer wet jet cleans the floor very well and does an great job on the smells. Cedar Shavings can over power the smell of hamster food. Of course, covered food dispensing dishes and keeping the food sealed in an airtight container also helps.

Trust me.. when it comes to animals and smell, I am all over it like white on rice. Twenty years of living with a dairy farmer who would track S**T across the carpets and you can bet I am fussy.. cuz I am NEVER going to have that go on again!

No smells allowed. I use a little carpet fresh on the carpets and also I clean them twice a year with a steamer.... Can you all spell ANAL.... (no smiley for that... ).

I want to take Atka camping with me in the Adirondacks.... Just haven't made it happen yet!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey Loves it's funny I come on here & see your post. My stepdaughter isn't going to make it till the 28th. There is no way. She is so uncomfortable. She doesn't complain, but as the day goes on she ends up sitting backwards on a chair on her knees, leaning her arms over the back of the chair. She was hoping ot make it untill the last day of school, June 22...no way. The head was droping into position more than a week ago. She teaches at a high school, some of the cosmotology students heard she can't reach her feet so they came in & gave her a pedicure. She was in heaven. But as we were talking today, I figure she has maybe 2 weeks, I thought...wow Loves must be coming any time now...& here you are....almost....cigar anyone??
Old 06-03-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks Elana, I cant do Cedar or anything like that. but keeping food airtight and gonna get a small air cleaner for this room, cause even if I cant smell it doesnt mean my allergies arent on full alert. I used to spend my summers as a kid on a farm, it was a allergy nightmare cause Im very very allergic to hay and many weeds including ones herbs and shampoo are made from. It made hayrides and hose riding interesting an a challenge but not impossible. I think thats how I started learning to deal with headaches. Even today me and my middle son cant get within 100 yards of a petting zoo with hay and animal dander. Before you know its there our eyeys are watering and we are weezing. Benedryl became my best friend out of necessity

Just had a nice bubb;e bath, have a good night everyone
Old 06-03-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

help us and loves, when I had my last son the midwife ahd me doing squats, as awful as it sounds. It releaved major pressure, including contractions and actually in the end increased my dilation ...in case you want to pass that along to the expectant mothers. My midwifing experience was much more informative than any ob nurse or dr ever was
Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good Morning all. I woke with a heavy heart this morning. Half sad and half furious. Sometimes I wish I could do a temporary brain block. Trying to remember these feelings to will pass in time. Im overall feeling like Idid when I wrote that fake letter on here last week, just before AH showed up. There has just been so much bad. WEith the exception of a few weeks in the middle we've been separated since December and a month before that he'd been in jail for 6 months, then running on a warrant, before that rehab. Through all that nothings ever changed...
Its geting harder to respect someone who will not do what ever it takes to support ther family (maybe Im finally getting it)
Old 06-04-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Cinder, I am sorry! Anger is going to part of it for awhile, just please don't get a stress headache over it! You are worth more than that!

Sorry, Blues! I assume his job is still there.

KJ, I am just envious!

Loves...I am so excited! Is Wyatt here yet????????
I chose to be called Mema. Daughter would point to herself and say me and to me and say ma. Doubt he ever made the connection the way we thought of it but that's who I am anyway.

Damn, the weekend went too fast.

Countdown to fastest shower and out the door. All ready I can't wait to get my day in and be back home! I hate that tri-level house with the stairs we do today.

That is one thing I like..it is task oriented, not a by the clock thing...when we are done, we are out of there. We don't even chat while working...it is all about getting in, getting it done and getting out.

C'mon baby Wyatt!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Morning to y'all.
Here at work. Must get at it too. Just saying "Hi."

Rained major last night.. remnants of Tropical Storm Barry. The ground is sopping wet and the creek out back is very high.

My dog thinks that going out in the rain is nutz.. but we do it anyway because she has to pee OUTDOORS.

I know it is hard to do Cinder but letting go of the A in your life and letting God fill the space with His light is the best way to get past the anger. Accepting that the Father of your children may NEVER be responsible or care is a tough one to swallow, but I think the minute you can do that, you will feel ever so much better and a lot less angry.

He may come around some day (your husbnad) but it may be too late to help you now. Today is all that counts. He is not there for you or for them.. or even for himself. However, they all have YOU and YOU can DO THIS without HIM. I know it, and I think you do too.

Getting into the anger is the best way to get past it. I never cry over Steve anymore. Fact is, if I never saw him again.. if he dropped off the face of the earth, i really wouldn't care. However, having said that I also have no children who want to see Daddy to hold me back from detachment or moving on.

FWIW I think you are doing a wonderful job with your recovery. Hopefully the house will sell soon and you can have one less reminder.

OK.. time to get to WORK.you all have a terrific day!

I have much to do today.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

good morning - well not really its monday, yuck and its pouring here, more yuck. the weekend is just to damn short! kids have fun on the boat with my parents - i put the pics on myspace cuz i can't figure out how to do it here. i took the babies to this spray ground and my almost 3yr old had a blast but my almost 2 yr old wanted to part of any water squirting at her. shes such a princess!! shes so different from all my other kids, sometimes wonder is that one really ours???

loves, i also did the squatting thing cindi mentioned and i walked ALOT
Old 06-04-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

sorry, i hit the wrong button - anyway, the squatting and walking got things going for me for all my kids, i never had a labor longer than 4 hours. thank goodness!

cindi - hope your doing ok, keep the focus on you and the kids, you've been doing just fine.

blues - i was never first on my ah priority list either. glad that everything worked out though. don't ya hate it though when our first thoughts are immediately of the worst - i really wish i could get over that.

i guess i should get some work done now.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I am looking around my house and argh just so much to do I dont know where to start. So I thought I would start here and dust off the ol keyboard.lol. Seems like everyone had an ok weekend. I was so tired lastnight I was asleep b4 I hit the pillow. Its raining here too at least it cooled it down some so thats ok with me. Now I think I need to make a to do list otherwise I will just get overwhelmed and nothing will get done. Thats the worst part about coming home is that everything is thrown everywhere and alot needs to be done. Oh well it will all get done when it gets done. Talk to ya all later. Loves anything going on yet? Are u a g-ma?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Rain Rain Rain, for now here its sunny but June 1 started Hurrcane season and Im sure you guys will get the remenants of those storms throughout the summer.

Here in Florida theres a Thunder storm almost every summer afternoon, another month will get them going
My boss, the higher one here said 200 years ago this area was basically a rain forest