Blogs

Notices

Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 05-31-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

just popping in to say good night - cindi, nice pics looks like everyone had a great time - but really templeton kinda freaks me out, glad you enjoy him though.

live, sounds like a really busy day, take some time to unwind and relax.

i'm trying hard not to think about our anniversary tommorrow, i guess i should just be going to bed now anyway. have a great night all.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good night finally. I hope you have sweet dreams. And I hope you find a way to be extra kind to yourself tomorrow, I feel for you.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hey loves, I got to be there when my daughter gave birth to my grandson.
What a privilege! For both of you!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Well I for one LOVE templeton!! My rat (God rest his soul) was an awesome little fella. Nothing creepy about them. They're like mini cats......only smarter lol.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Hey loves, I got to be there when my daughter gave birth to my grandson.
What a privilege! For both of you!
Really? I'm a little nervous.....but she has already said she doesn't want her fiancee down there because she heard it would ruin him.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I think it was one of the most incredible bonding moments possible and such a thrill for me! And we are better help than the men, they haven't been through it! We can give real support and help. And I think it made me feel that much closer to the new little one.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Thanks loves for supportingg me and Templeton. Hey Cinderella would have never gotten to the ball without her rodent friends
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Finally, Out of three anniversaries Ive spent 2 alone, 1st he was in jail and third Id just shipped his butt of to North Carolina, 5 days earlier.

The key is not to think about it. Dont do anything date reminding and do something nice for yourself. Last year, my boss took me for lunch and we ate on the river, a nice way to have agood day and not feel depressed. Mahi Mahi always helps me feel better
Old 05-31-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I'm staying with my sister tonight. I love my little sis. She's so laid back when we're not at work. I set her and her husband up while we were in high school. Isn't that something?? Real live high school sweethearts.......still crazy about eachother after all these years. ...........Sigh........
Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hey! I am the first one up! That has got to be a first! LOL

Blues, your kids won't remember whether the house needed dusting or whatever, they will remember the time you spent with them.
In fact it annoys me that whenever I think of things I need to do it is always chores.

Finally, Today is a brand new day! Yesterday was yesterday, tomorrow is tomorrow, today is the day in between, eh? This too shall pass. Ann often says that the difference between a good day and a bad day is 24 hours. Honor yourself today, in whatever form that means to you. You are an inspiration to me!

Loves I went overdue on my first child and my mother about walked me to death with my big old belly trying to get that baby moving down. LOL My granny said she used to get down on hands and knees and wash floors! Hubby says his mom administered a mixture of castor oil and orange juice to his ex-wife and that worked.
The things we will do to get to meet our new joy! What's his name?

I have my second grandson due July 9, his name is Eli. I won't be there for that one, but she is married now to what must be the only perfect man I have ever met so she won't need me. She is at risk for early delivery so is having to take care to hold off for at least another 2 weeks.

hugs to all!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Loves, I dont recommend the castor oil. I tried it, it got things moving but not the abby and left me more miserable
Old 06-01-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thank goodness its Friday everyone
Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I forgot to tell you all ANvils is having fun (Thought I posted last night) Hanks catching fish, she's relaxing and she said Bucks a mess.
I think she'll be back Monday
Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Each Day a New Beginning

One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach; one can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.
--Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Being selective in choosing activities, in choosing friends, in choosing material possessions fosters unexpected appreciation. Too much of any one thing negates whatever specialness might have been realized. If we surround ourselves with acquaintances, we never fully share in knowing a few people well. If we surround ourselves with "toys," we never learn how we really want to spend our time.

When we don't take life slowly, piece by piece (one shell at a time), we avoid the greatest discovery of all, the person within. When our attention to persons, places, and things is deliberate and steady, the beauty within the object of our focus shines forth, and we, too, are made more beautiful in the process.

Today, I will take time to smell the flowers.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blues View Post
thanks, cinder...you probably did post last night...i only made it thru the current page in trying to catch up...and now i really need to go get ready for work.

I dont think I did. Ive had computer trouble. My new computer I couldnt upload opics, replugged in my old and now I lost my email, so ive been working through those things. There's always something. Yes the weekend brings its own challenges definately, but I want to be at home
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Morning ladies! I woke to my sister's cat sitting on my chest.............staring at me as if to say "You're sleeping in MY bed lady!" lol This cat attacks my mom..........but loves me to death. I think it's her negative energy.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you PT and keeping everything crossed I can. you know.........you have the right to ask for a raise. And if your boss is a professional he should know that. When I came back to work here they tried giving me $13 an hour and I was like "nooooooooooooooo...............I want $14 an hour which is what I was making when I left." I got it. You know your worth.

Oh............btw............Little guys name is Wyatt Daniel Widdows. Isn't that nice........and southern lol. I came up with the first name.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hi PT.. you can ask for a raise and, instead of firing you he can say no (and tell you what you need to do to get a raise) or he can say yes or he can compromise.

Firing someone who asks for a raise is not professional.

I have been on both sides of this issue FWIW. I have actually talked to employees about more money and what they need to do to GET more money b4 they even ask. I have also handed out raises w/o being asked.

My criteria was based on job performance and what this emplyee was doing to be more efficient, do things better and improve my bottom line.

When asking for a raise, it is important to show your boss why you deserve it (things you have done to improve efficiencey, improve the bottom line, extending yourself thru extra time spent, extra responsibilities taken, not taking time off etc.).

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Happy Friday All!! Palm - that would be totally ridiculous if you get fired over asking for a raise, definately not professional, you have every right to ask for one - hope it works out for you.

so, i'm not dwelling on what day it is - i'm actually in a really good mood, so glad the weekend is just about here, thinking about taking the kids to the bay this weekend. i think its too cold to swim in but they don't care. things should be pretty slow at work today - my boss is out all afternoon so at least he'll be out of my hair. got to call the dentist for an appt - i think i need a tooth pulled - the dentist is like my biggest fear so we'll see if i actually do it! really i'd rather poke my eyes out with daggers than see the dentist!!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Well allheck broke out with me not being here. Im so sick of being needed