Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Im gonna tell him if I dont take tomorrow off fine, in 2 weeks Im taking my whole weeks vacation.

I know how to get my way and not feel bad
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

good morning - i'm a little jealous here you all got to eat breakfast, i still haven't had anything and i have a mtg at 10 for 2 freakin hours oh and this big ass mailing HAS to be out today, i f***king quit!!!! not a great start here today. although now i feel bad for complaining cuz cindi, sounds like yours is worse than mine. hope your headache clears up. tell your boss your made a dr appt for this afternoon and have to leave early. i think you deserve a break. btw loves, peanut m&ms are ok, peanuts are healthy and chocolate is good for your heart - i can justify just about anything! kj, good luck with car - i've only ever driven beater cars so i know just how you feel. don't worry ladies when i hit the lottery i'll spring for some exotic vacation just for us! ok, back to work before my mtg, but first i need a cig.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Sorry guys I havent been into posting.. I just dont seem to have much to offer right now it seems my brain is stagment for a while now. But I am around, reading and thinking of you all.

I took an extra day off yesterday and spent the day with my daughter... we went to the movies, then we went to my sisters and the park. She learned how to roller blade yesterday and she was so happy.

I wish I wasn't at work today I also need at least a weeks vacation.

Cindi, I cant believe you have a rat... yuck!!!

Cindi when I went to my sisters yesterday I thought of you and mentioned that I knew someone who has turtles, my sister said ask her if she wants them I said she is all the way in Florida... she was like I dont care I will ship them... I think she is tired of cleaning the tank.
I also didnt forget about central park I am trying to think of a day to go and take pictures for you.

Well I guess thats about it.... teke I miss you.

Jewel
Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

He's as predicted digging up extra work so I cant take tomorrow off!!!
Like I said Ill show him by taking a week off upcoming -I usually never take a day off for me, and never more than one cause Vacation days go for sick kids, but you know what....
I dont care. I need it for me!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

HI Jewelz.
if your sister's serious I can pm how to do it.
Also, I can send you, for her..links of places to place adoption requests there people in that area with set ups like mine that will take them off her, and craigslist.

Its better for the turtles, if she doesnt want them to go to people who do and can care for them. Tank cleaning is awful, thats why I invested in a machine to do it.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats on your daughter learning to rollerblade!!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Yesterday was my mental health day. I took a vacation day.

I have an awesome job tho and work with awesome people doing a great service to all, so I am happy at work. I have no complaints and I have to work so I just suck it up and press on.

The only thing better would be to be back farming.. but this ain't bad, has benefits and a real pension and time off. I try to take my time off on the weekends when I get time off anyhow.

I hoard my time off as it builds up. I like to go on long trips so I have to save up time like it was gold.. and it IS!

Yesterday was added to the 3 day weekend.. and I took the day so had a 4 day weekend. I got so much done too.. garden turned and planted (by hand.. no tiller), phone calls done, bills all paid and sent out.

I sure know the expense of pets.. I just got a new dog and the start up costs of vets and crates and fencing was pretty steep. She gets spayed in 2 weeks.. so more $$ out. I planned for it so am OK. I would love a horse, but the mortgage has to be paid and I cannot do that.

Table scraps? who has table scraps? I never have any leftovers.. but then I only cook for one and only make what I can eat.

I know that today if I saw my XABF I would not feel the love I once had. I doubt I would feel much of anything actually. Took me a few months to get here but here I am. Maybe it is easier for me cuz I don't have children?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I would always take a couple "me" days off a year it was the only time I would call in sick lol. Well my fast mechanic didnt call me back so now I have to go to the slow mechanic and I can tell this will be an ALL DAY JOB. Really I mean I know how long it takes I asked if I could just wait there and hes like I dont know how long it will take? WTF its brake pads and rotors a 30min job tops then I offered to go get the parts to make it quicker and OH NO I dont know what it needs!!! I AM TELLING U WHAT IT NEEDS!!! Oh well so now I get to go drop my car off and he will bring me back home and then come all the way back here and pick me up and then take me ALL the way back down to my car its a pain in the arse. I might give quick guy a call back and see what he can do.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I do think its different with kids, everything is, the addicts in our life, trying to save vacation time and caring for pets. I ahve table scraps because you never know how much or how little growing boys are gonna eat. We are all bad with veggies, but for them it amkes it fun to have some and share with the turtles, and templeton (whose not quite sure what to think yet of this table food.)

With my first fiance and (first experience with an addict) I didnt realize completely the isues were addiction-but I sure recognized it from him when I met AH. Walking from him, once I broke free was easier I didnt look back.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

KJ, dont you hate when you know your car better than the mechanic?

I should be working but my mind is all over the place. I want to rearrange some stuff in my house, and finish cleaning the garage, which I started 4 weeks ago with a garage sale but never quite finished. Its time to finish...
ahh another reason to take of work. Instead Im making a list(s) and dividing tasks for daily evening work. Ill get there sometime
Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

FARFANOOGAN new swear word well my fast mechanic cant get it done today either and he wants me to drop it off too. This sucks cause its just me so I cant sit there for 3hrs and I have no ride. Why do all my friends have to have stupid jobs lol. Well off to drop the car off!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
I should be working but my mind is all over the place.
I am feeling the same way! I don't have a 'real' job right now; am going to school to finish my teaching degree, and I have a scrapbook store on eBay. I am doing fine with the school thing, but I just cannot seem to get myself motivated to get any work done on the store. I have it closed right now because of the change in postal rates, and the need to get a ton of stuff listed. I used to really enjoy it but right now it is just draining me.

oh well, maybe a little later.....

have a good day!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I can imagine Duet. A friend of mine has an online kids consignment store, and I sware she's busier than me
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks to Loves Im now chowing on some awesome Chili Cheese Fritos and a coka-cola.

Has anyone elses morning seem to take longer than usual? Im ready for lunch break
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

My Dad was a mechanic. I learned a lot. My brother told me he would show me how to change out the rotors and the pads.. it isn't hard on the GM truck. the Hyundai is another story.. I guess it is a real PIA on the Hyundai.... and the right front caliper sometimes sticks.. so you know where that is going to go come time to do it.

I think that basic pads and rotors can be done for under $150 if you DIY. Hire a mechanic and the price goes up to $350....
Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

This morning is going quickley for me but not quick enough. I really dont want to be at work at all.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Me neither, lets all leave. LOL.

Oh bummer, we already discussed why we cannot do that
Old 05-30-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well car is at the shop and your all right this day is DRAGGIN not sure why but it seems that it should be alot later than 1145a. Car should be done around 2pm so lets keep out fingers crossed.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I haven't been posting much but I've been lurking around a little bit. Things have been crazy busy around here lately. Last week my work computer crashed and I had to spend a couple of days changing everything over to another computer. I lost all my email contacts for work in the whole ordeal, and to top it all off now that I'm on another computer I cannot access my work sever. GRRR. I emailed the only person I could find on my contact list to get them to pass the message along to the IT guys. No one has replied and I have only a few more days until month end... and I'm SOOOOOOOO far behind. So I took today off, not muuch point in going in to work when I can't get anything done. Have to take my son to the dentist later for some work on his teeth, but other then that the kids and I are just taking it easy for the day.
RAH and his grandpa FINALLY took the cat up to our yardsite last night and got the spot for our house cleared. Little less then a month to go before our new house arrives!!!! I'm so excited, but all the work to get ready for this has been very draining..... and since RAh's dad passed it's been very hard to concentrate on getting the yard ready. Should be doing some paper work for permits right now... but I just don't feel like it.
Cinder, I think you should definately tell your boss you're taking that week off. You deserve it.
KJ, mechanics drive me CRAZY! Especially when you already KNOW what the problem is and it's only a 1/2 hour fix...
Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

so i'm done with the stupid meeting, it was completely pointless and solved nothing as usual. oh well at least now its lunch time. my fav part of the day. kj, sometimes when i know what the prob is with my van i go and buy the parts somewhere with good prices and then take them to the mechanic and ask him to change them - then they have no choice but to just do what you ask. of course, then they always go looking for more thats wrong too. ok i'm off to lunch.