Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Yo and good morning all!
Got MORE than the usual sleep last night.. turned in at 9:00pm AND did not get up until almost 6:30 (but got Atka out and then fed somewhere around 5:00AM).

Life is MUCH improved with a decent nights sleep.

I have had the tens unit used for a labrial tear of my shoulder (with therapy). I would teeze the therapist who applied it and tell her she could savea lot of time and money.. just hook up an electric fence and attach patients to it! I am bad.

Pain is no fun. I have two destroyed knees from 20 years of milking cows and two surgeries for a kicking accident with a horse. I take Naproxene but can only do that for so long and have to stop due to stomach issues casued by it.

Getting OLD is HIGHLY OVER RATED!

OK.. off to do some dog training then for a walk with the dog and then church.. come home and blast off to try to get Atka enrolled in Obedienct training (where the dogs learn and the people get trained.....).

L8ter...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

and Cindi..
I live with 4 cats and am looking for #5... so cat fur is an issue.

I clean 2-3 times a week (quick clean with vaccuum on the rugs and "Swiffer" duster with Pledge sprayed on it for the bare floor areas). I brush my cats with a slicker.. and if you do it every day it really helps.

The other thing I learned is that cat hair sticks to rugs with Static electricity. If you take a spray bottle with clean water in it and mist the rugs, you break the static bond and the cat hair comes right up with the rotating brush head of the vaccuum.

Maybe you do all this stuff already.. or have better ideas..
Those of us with Cats (and now a German Shepherd!) are in a constant war with the hair.

Battle lines are drawn.. put on the dust mask and go at it!!!

Last edited by Elana; 06-03-2007 at 05:38 AM. Reason: My lack of typing skills is legendary.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
rozied

Good Morning to you too!
Elana you are so funny! Getting old is highly over rated BUT what are the alternatives??? The trick is to grow older but keep the child in you alive. No matter how old you get you are still you.
Enjoy your day. I know I am going to. I was up at 4am & baked fresh pecan muffins from a recipe I found in GuidePost. They are delicious.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Love,
Diane
Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thanks Elana, I have to try the swiffer thing with pledge. I have fur balls tolling across tile like tumbleweeds and today they seem to ahve multiplied.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

good morning everyone...

it is good to see you back teke - i hope you have a good day...

cinder - i just recovered our dining room chairs because of our cat poe - he would sleep on them - they were gross - you have my sympathy...

rozied - pecan muffins sound incredible - i am making blueberry muffins for breakfast (we have company) - unless you can send some of yours over...

elana - have fun with the dog - animal lovers are special people you know...

and to everyone else i just wanted to say hi before i post - you are my first priority though - i treasure each and everyone of you and today - i am grateful you are all here...

thanks - for everything...

love,
s
Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

WOW, thanks loves! I will definitely get one! I know the minute they put me on them...AHHHHHHHH

I do feel better today but am still looking forward to my next appmt.
I am pretty sure that if I asked they would let me stay on the Tens (now I know the name!) longer. They put two sets on me. One on upper and lower back and two stacked right on top of each other on the neck. I also have TMJ.
You should hear me threaten dentists about saying AAWWWWW! LOL

Finally...the way I look at going to the dentist...is that I am glad I can afford to go.

Agreed with all, a good night's sleep is a must.

Did you get some rest Loves?

hugs to all,
live
Old 06-03-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Elana View Post
I would teeze the therapist who applied it and tell her she could savea lot of time and money.. just hook up an electric fence and attach patients to it! I am bad.

Now why didn't I think of that?? ......and you're right. Growing old is over rated, but growing old in pain sucks!

I didn't get much sleep again last night. I even took 4 pm pills and lied there wide awake until somewhere around 4ish. I think my pm pills must have been replaced with No-Doz or something.

My mother is such a negetive person and it's gotten to the point I don't like even being around her. I love my mom to death, but she's a bully when it comes to me and treats me like a child. She even told me how proud of me she was because I just opened up a new checking/savings account. WTF??? I'm 39. Aren't I supposed to have one of those?? I closed out my previous account because I moved to Texas and haven't been working until now. I swear she's Loco sometimes.

I've been working in Lantana which is about 100 miles or so from the house, so I've been staying down there with her during the week. My daughter has been watching my dog at her house. Now, because the baby is coming, she doesn't want to watch her anymore. I can't drive back and forth everyday.........gas is too high. So, I'm worried about what I'm going to do about work.

I've just got a lot on my mind..........which goes to show you that mind over sleeping pills really works.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Itis,

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. i figure i've got about 30 secs till a child starts calling for mommy.

elana - i'm gonna try your tricks for the cat hair - i can't stand it either its driving me nuts and i only have 2.

loves, i totally here what your saying about your mom. mines a little nuts too, i swear she acts likes she babysitting me half the time. she always asks where i'm going - or if i have enuf money, hello, i'm 30yrs old i think i can handle the grocery store without my mommy's help! living with family definately gets old fast.
ok, guess i should get to my cleaning too. have a good day all.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Well...........(don't gross out now).......my daughter has passed her mucus plug.

I guess it won't be long now and I'll be a grrrrrrrrrrrrr...............well, you know.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

it's wonderful out! I went out and sat in the patio in progress for awhile. Edie stopped by on her way to a client's. I had invited her yesterday.
NOW I am going on vacation .....I studied relaxation holistic techniques and practiced them for awhile when I was out of States, by myself, and I set the day aside as sanctified. No company, no calls and dedicated one day. I'm no expert but I find it worth every moment and more. If I run away I will do course 2 in it. LOL
Anyway, with that new allignment pillow, wow total body is held most comfortably, my mind empties, everthing relaxes and even tho' I cannot stay there an hour as the goal is because I fall asleep. The quality of the sleep is superior.
I should then follow it up with a beauty bath. "Should"=forbiden word....MAY is the affirmative.

Never mind the house. It's cluttered. But it can wait.

hugs,
live
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

loves.................ok some my find that gross info but I think its great shes getting closer!!!! are you nervous?
I love babies...........would have a dozen if someone would give em to me....dont really want the whole labor bit again...plus mine are almost out the door.........

my sister is having twins.........in a month or two depends on if she can make it to term
Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

24 hours till loves a grandma....
I never ever passed mine.

My mom is different. I say Im going to the store and she says" aww I ahve no money, Id like ground beef... Oh well we are broke and its 10 days before Dad gets his SS check...
(Now where did I learn communicating through messages not words...I wonder)

Then she made a comment about my son bringing home 2 hampsters, and the expense. Yes OMG it'll cost me $10 a year in hamster food...what am I gonna do.....
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Well got an edger from my grammy so time to go edge my front yard. Then gone come in and make an early dinenr, late lunch of beef stew and brown rice and watch a movie, and if Im lucjy get a 20 minute nap
Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

24 HOURS!!!!!???????? 24 HOURS!!!!!?????? THAT'S IT?? THATS ALL WE HAVE??? OMFG!!!!!!!! YEA.......I'M NERVOUS.......HOLY COW!! GUESS I'D BETTER CALL INTO WORK. Oh geez..........I'm a mess now. 24 Hours huh.............You can't see me, but I'm pacing the floor in my mind. LOL
Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

well loves its different for everyone.............so you may have more than 24 hours right?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

plus when the labor actuall starts it could still be awhile..................my first went something like this............
mucus plug then next day docors appt with exam...yuck
the next day labor.......and 28 very long hours later my daughter was here............

so relax it could still be alittle while
Old 06-03-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Whew..........thanks lies.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I'm baaaacccckkkkk... Did u miss me Well we had such a good time we rented a boat and spent the day out in the St Lawrence River until the water got choppy at that point I demanded LAND. Got most of the stuff unpacked washing the blankets now and jumping into a real shower I'm sooo excited about that. Loves how exciting almost the G word I wont say it though. talk to everyone later.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hey KJ.. Yeah.. I missed ya.. Loves is going a little nutty on us wbetween her Mom and a new baby making her a GRRRRAN... I can't even say IT!

To all those who battle cat hair.. I have managed to get it under control. In July and February they blow coat.. I brush 'em daily then. The swiffer with Endust might work as well. I also use the Swiffer Wet Jet.

I am an anal house keeper, which I am sure amuses the cats and the dog. However, I refuse to have anyone stop in and take a sniff of the air and make a face that says, "Oh you have PETS...."

My house is a lot cleaner w/o XABF hanging around too. He was a SLOB. I cleaned and he would make messes and I would clean.. and he would b**ch if the place wasn't clean.. but mine was cleaner than any place he ever lived, and a LOT cleaner than either of his sister's places (been to both).